So chaze is just going to be ignored?

Replies

• Options
    Ayzen_1024 wrote: »
    You have Boba. Lol

What's funny about that? Who doesn't have boba at this point?

Boba is somewhat of a hardcounter to wiggs
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    [quote="Nikoms565;838094
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    If you meet GK lead ZETA barriss team, you will know that wiggs combo hits just a wet noodle to that team, wiggs META is already got over, player either use chaze/wiggs combo or empire team to counter the ZETA barriss

If the wiggs meta was over they wouldn't be the most frequently encountered team comp. I know that ultra tanky barris meta is coming up, but it's such a difficult to actually hear properly that it isn't really out there to often. That's a hurdle I'll tackle when I get there. But since I started, wedge/Biggs has been the raining king of my server

It really is server dependent. Nowadays on my server there are 2 rebel teams in the top 10. One of them is wiggs/chaze, the other team is still a squad of good rebels; but he has great mods. Other 6 are empire/debuff teams.
    Other 2 or maul zeta.
    Meta has shifted!!
  • Options
    Wiggs is still heavily used on my server too, and it annoys me. I use empire with Shore so I can easily beat them, and I have even got #1 two or three times, so I would say I'm doing quite well for FTP. It gets so frustrating to just see one team over and over and over again in arena, regardless of whether you win or not, so it would be nice if something was done about it...
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just fought a whale with chaze/wiggs/kenobi and won full health (just lost some protection) with:

Maul zeta'd as lead
    ep
    vader
    kenobi
    boba
    Post edited by LordStyling on
  • Options
    But can you please nerf/balance the biggs/wedge combo. I'm not asking for anything drastic, maybe just some number tweaks. Hell, adding 1 turn more to biggs nonsense ally assist ability would completely change the game. I can beat most of the teams I run across, but those two are just so outstandingly overpowered and so easy to farm that everyone has them. I sit at roughly 30-20 in my arena team and have for months now. I'm content there. I'm no whale, so I'll never be #1, but I'm no slouche either. I just want variety in my arena. Out of the top 50 people on my server roughly 42 of them are wedge lead with Biggs. I know I'm gonna get the "don't cry blah blah" **** that comes with a forum post, but I don't think I'm wrong in wanting to see variety in the teams.
    I'm F2P and I get rank 1 everyday so it's definitely possible without spending. What everyone else has said is right though, chaze is more OP than wiggs. Empire is a definite counter to a wiggs squad.

What empire team counters them that isn't palpatine based? The tourney is rare and I didn't have any rebels ready when it came around.
    Ok, well Vader Zeta lead can do quite well in the right setup. Also, Jedi squads with qgj Zeta lead are a good counter to wiggs. Resistance squads are also very strong now, with Finn Zeta or without and they're starting to pop up successfully on my shard. It's the most variation I've seen in a long time.
  • Options
    You have Boba. Lol

What's funny about that? Who doesn't have boba at this point?

Boba is somewhat of a hardcounter to wiggs

Boba gets crit'd to death quickly. Even if I get an ability block on. His damage potential just can't 1 shot biggs and if I crit he gets 100% turn meter and crushes me
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    If you meet GK lead ZETA barriss team, you will know that wiggs combo hits just a wet noodle to that team, wiggs META is already got over, player either use chaze/wiggs combo or empire team to counter the ZETA barriss

difference being that wiggs is available for pretty much everyone right now, zeta's, gen. kenobi and chaze aren't. So i guess it boils down to what people consider "meta", straight up the best teams or the best most common team. Arena outside of the top20 is probably a whole different situation than in the top20, where wiggs is still the no1 choice to be competative. Heck, wiggs teams still take first in my februari leaderboard. (without chaze)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ObviouslyNot
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Edit: Nvm.
    Post edited by ObviouslyNot on
  • Options
    Zetas are available F2P to anybody. Of course, if you didn't focus on getting ships, then that's your problem.
  • Options
    I appreciate all the feedback and discussion guys. I especially appreciate no one being **** so far
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Zetas are available F2P to anybody. Of course, if you didn't focus on getting ships, then that's your problem.

everything is avialable for f2p except for the falcon...
    I obviously meant avialable for them to use, most f2p don't have zeta's avialable (yet), but do have wiggs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Please stop with calling for wiggs nerfs. People have been calling for wiggs nerfs for months and nothing has happened to either Biggs or wedge. Instead, we've gotten start of match auto taunts, taunt when an ally gets critted against, heal when an ally gets critted against, and an arena team's worth of skills given to a duo that shall not be named. The characters and mechanics that they've introduced to push wiggs out of the meta are 10x worse then wiggs ever was
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    To be fair, this is GW he's talking about, not a fight for rank #1 in arena. That's just like asking someone who is level 75 to fight a level 85 team, he is not ready for this team yet, and he shouldn't be if he is top 50 as opposed to top 5. There has to be fairness to ensure that people don't play teams that are almost unbeatable for them in GW, where the opponents are based around you personally.

I've beat these squads before, but just because many of us can beat them, it doesn't mean that players lower than us also have to face them

This is true but he is talking about not being able to beat a team in GW 5 on 5. Where the point of GW is that you have your roster.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the feedback and discussion guys. I especially appreciate no one being **** so far

laser-brain-1438794176.gif

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    I like that a common sentiment in this thread is that Chaze doesn't need tweeking and that we should just wait for POWER CREEP to make them irrelevant. As tho that is in any way a sound strategy for a competitive game. Just wait until the next super powered character set comes out that does 5 things with each ability and now have 7 ability slots and 8 Mod slots.

Makes sense you nerf herders.

This has already happened. They are easily beaten now.

Just fought a T.I. whale with chaze/wiggs/kenobi and won full health (just lost some protection) with:

Maul zeta'd as lead
    ep
    vader
    kenobi
    boba

Case in point.
  • Options
    But can you please nerf/balance the biggs/wedge combo. I'm not asking for anything drastic, maybe just some number tweaks. Hell, adding 1 turn more to biggs nonsense ally assist ability would completely change the game. I can beat most of the teams I run across, but those two are just so outstandingly overpowered and so easy to farm that everyone has them. I sit at roughly 30-20 in my arena team and have for months now. I'm content there. I'm no whale, so I'll never be #1, but I'm no slouche either. I just want variety in my arena. Out of the top 50 people on my server roughly 42 of them are wedge lead with Biggs. I know I'm gonna get the "don't cry blah blah" **** that comes with a forum post, but I don't think I'm wrong in wanting to see variety in the teams.

Please do nerf them. It'll be just that much easier for me to take them out!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Qoppest
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still using wiggs? Oh well guess Rey nerf threads are comming back next
  • Options
    Qoppest wrote: »
    Still using wiggs? Oh well guess Rey nerf threads are comming back next

I will show you your post when FO and Resistance become new meta and Rey OHKO whole team :wink:
  • Options

Just to give u a lil tip.. Im arena top20 for months now.. And the standard wiggs, lando meta is easy to beat.. Most of them are 45k power+ imyself use a 38k droid squad with hk,88,b2,cn,je.. U always go first. Let all toons reach 100%tm the same time after je crys. This would avoid biggs counter. Lets them all aoe . So enemy has 0 protection.. Cn calls for assist. Biggs is dead. Now focus on lando (if he hasnt ability block) or palps (ability block?) if both have. Go for wedge.. A single shot from 88 (25k) can handle him. So lando,palps,sthan face a full tm droid squad(88 at 50%, cn0%,je, 50%) with full protection. Hk and b2 dealing minor dmg to palps.. Palps uses heal so no stun. 88 is up, finishing palps off. Sthan hast buffimmunity. Ai uses taunt for nothing.. Now kill lando and u finish without a scratch.. 5 min later u dropped bach to rank 100 but u can go over and over again untill payout
  • Options
    Aizfgas wrote: »

Just to give u a lil tip.. Im arena top20 for months now.. And the standard wiggs, lando meta is easy to beat.. Most of them are 45k power+ imyself use a 38k droid squad with hk,88,b2,cn,je.. U always go first. Let all toons reach 100%tm the same time after je crys. This would avoid biggs counter. Lets them all aoe . So enemy has 0 protection.. Cn calls for assist. Biggs is dead. Now focus on lando (if he hasnt ability block) or palps (ability block?) if both have. Go for wedge.. A single shot from 88 (25k) can handle him. So lando,palps,sthan face a full tm droid squad(88 at 50%, cn0%,je, 50%) with full protection. Hk and b2 dealing minor dmg to palps.. Palps uses heal so no stun. 88 is up, finishing palps off. Sthan hast buffimmunity. Ai uses taunt for nothing.. Now kill lando and u finish without a scratch.. 5 min later u dropped bach to rank 100 but u can go over and over again untill payout

If all your toons are at 100% and you aoe a crit on biggs, he still has a chance to move before one of your own.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    General Kenobi is a counter. As soon as you get hit with a crit he calls crit immunity and you can't be Wiggs'd.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Even a weak Shoretrooper helps. He's there to do one thing... Soak up a Wiggs shot. Chaze is now the op dynamic duo.
  • Options
    Baze and Chirrut are what needs nerfed. Wiggs isn't that crazy.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Even a weak Shoretrooper helps. He's there to do one thing... Soak up a Wiggs shot. Chaze is now the op dynamic duo.

I'd gen kenobi but that's just not possible for me right now. Once shore circles back around he's my target
  • Options
    I agree OP. 47/50 of my top 50 teams use Wiggs, and I'm one of the three that doesn't. Barris and Chase might be better, but it's absolutely ridiculous that two characters are on that many teams.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    All nerf threads should be closed and deleted.

I have the meta in arena with max gear and a barriss zeta and I get bumped down every day.

Learn to play or learn to pay, but stop whining.

I say what I want about this game and don't try to sound like you know whats best. Im a ftp player and not a whale like you might be. Chaze is unbeatable right now. 50/50 if you are a whale.

Whale or no whale doesn't matter. You not being able to beat them or adapt a new strategy, does not make them op. There are many suggested changes to your team to deal with them, and guess what they are f2p.

They are 2 toons, double the work for someone to get them arena ready, that is twice as much time for you to get ready with a counter of 1 toon.... maybe you didn't realize the best counter, but still there is more then enough time to come up with a new strategy.

I was able to change 1 toon out for boba and beat the chase teams on my shard. Before that I would rely on rng and when my B2 was triggered.... but still didn't change from old meta yet and can handle them with my wiggs.

Some players dont get it :) You can show them directly in the video that chirut and baze team are decimated by a toon that is for free and the answer will be :

You are a whale and that was the reason why you can beat such a team :)

What You can say more, what to show to them that they can understand that it is not the matter of the money?

I dont know

Hahahahahahaahhaahahaahahahahaah

This free toon that keeps getting mentioned is probably the hardest in the game to gear up and it'll take a free to play player probably around three months from when they
    Kyno wrote: »
    People defending chaze are missing the point. I struggled mightily against them but since I've discovered strategies to beat them; however, that doesn't mean that they're balanced or okay. I strongly believe that Baze is useful even without the massive health pool and auto taunt thanks to his dispelling kit. Most dispellers have one move to dispel; Baze has two including an aoe dispel, and plus he benefits from turn meter gains when other toons gain buffs. If you take away his dispelling kit, Baze is still useful thanks to his auto taunt and synergy with Chirrut. Combined, they make him op because no other toons do that.

Chirrut is useful simply for his ability to equalize heal and cleanse/provide tenacity up in the same move. Even without that move, he'd still be useful thanks to his speed and damage and his ability to stack heal over times on allies. Combine them all together and he becomes op. That's the point

Baze is very, very well-rounded; I agree with you there. But the thing about these toons is that they've got glaring weaknesses, many of which have already been mentioned. Another I'd like to mention is the ability to abuse Baze's retribution to feed your team turn meter with STHan; ability block him for two turns with Boba and you'll get a solid five turns before the playing ground levels out.

A note about Chirrut—he can either equalize health and give tenacity up OR equalize health and change debuffs to HoT, not both at the same time. This make him INCREDIBLY prone to Boba's Execute under Vader Zeta; when he cleanses, the number of status effects is doubled, essentially inviting immediate death for the toon of your choice. You can bet the AI will make that mistake.

Even with all of the power considered, we have plenty of ways to take these dudes out. The acceptable power level has certainly increased, but the ways to meet that power level have widened greatly from the days of Ben-Rey-QGJ-GS-RG.

You mention boba and Vader zeta...don't you see the problem with doing that though? Vader requires a zeta and boba had to be reworked over the past month to be a counter to them. You shouldn't need zetas or toons to be reworked to counter 4-5* toons that are only omega'd. Isn't that a sign that they're imbalanced?

I'm well aware that these toons have weaknesses and are beatable but that's not the point. My issue is that they put an entire arena team's worth of skills into two toons. What kind of ridiculous skills will their next toon release have to balance out chaze? This kind of power creep is a huge turn off to the average player, who takes a month to two months to farm up and max out a new toon.

I don't think this needs to be said but I guess so. Why wouldn't you need a top toon to deal with a top toon.

The post you are referring to doesn't say to deal with them at any lvl, that post is referring to a maxed set of toons being balanced against a single toon with a maxed ability or a toon that was reworked and brought into balance with the way things are.... that's right a set (2) having a single (1) toon being the answer...

The synergy trend being launched outrages so many but no one outraged acknowledges that to get said power you have to lvl gear and star 2 toons. That's 2 spots on you team. Yes there is more power there then one toon and the synergy makes them stronger together, but it takes double the work upfront to get there.

I'm all for greater synergy, but they're so inconsistent with how they're hand them out. For example, ahsoka and Biggs are average attackers on their own, but the synergy they gave to her and Anakin provided a decent boost to her surviveability but nothing else, while the synergy they gave Biggs and wedge broke the game. Baze and Chirrut are both given great synergy together even though theyre 2x as good on their own as either of those two.

Then have Boba fett, a slightly below average, but useable characters gets completely reworked to become a demi God and one of two hard counters to chaze. Meanwhile, mace windu has had like twelve reworks and you still don't see him anywhere.

Lastly, there's the whole gear wall to break through. Yes, you can tell people to go ahead and farm so and so, but its very common to do twelve battles and only drop 1/50 pieces of gear that you need just to get gear 9. They've been blowing up arena with new game breaking skills but have shown no indication of easing the gear grind from gears 8-10. I'd have less issue with the power creep if it was easier for an average player to farm the counters, but as it is it takes 2-3 months to get a boba fett who's arena ready thanks to the gear grind.

I just don't see how this current model is sustainable for the game in the long run. This game has always been alittle imbalanced, but it's gotten so much worse over the past few weeks. Maybe it's fun for whales and it brings them a lot of short term revenue, but it's such a turn off for the average player.
  • Options
    General Kenobi is a counter. As soon as you get hit with a crit he calls crit immunity and you can't be Wiggs'd.

Because everyone has a spare GK and Shoretrooper. I don't think wiggs has to be nerfed, but it's not easy for everyone to get an auto taunter or a heroic AAT exclusive
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options

Because everyone has a spare GK and Shoretrooper. I don't think wiggs has to be nerfed, but it's not easy for everyone to get an auto taunter or a heroic AAT exclusive

OP asked for a counter, I gave two. I know not everyone has them. I have a 4* Shoretrooper and that's it for him.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Also, against chaze teams, gk auto taunts on crit and gets countered to death before he can move even at 234 speed.