So chaze is just going to be ignored?

Replies

• Hybridplug
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    All nerf threads should be closed and deleted.

I have the meta in arena with max gear and a barriss zeta and I get bumped down every day.

Learn to play or learn to pay, but stop whining.

You're an **** and incorrect.

Whine and cry more....seems that's all you do on the forums.
  • Options
    Quick reminder:

Please keep the discussion civil or the thread will be closed.
  • Options
    Interesting how these divulge into insults and nonsense; all the Internet tough guys come out to play.

What teams are you running that you cant be Chaze with? If you dont have something with buff and / or heal immune then that should be an obvious fix.

Chaze is no doubt a strong combo but they are not unbeatable, but you do probably need to change your tactics.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What many people seem not to get is... This new breed of toons announce the beginning of 3rd generation toons!
    1st generation are the initial toons, incl. TFA etc - toons that have 1-2 abilities
    2nd generation are toons like rex, sf and even b2 - multiple skills, more or less balanced with toons we already had
    3rd generation is in its infancy atm - toons that seemingly can do all...
    Zetas are an obvious attempt to bring G1 toons into G3

More zetas as well as more new toons will be introduced that will eventually level the playingfield while devs are working on G4...

So even if chaze/barriss/GK are considered OP (even though most of them are clearly not, imo at least), they are just the vanguard of what is yet to come...

On a last sidenote: i think devs learned their lesson with nerfing stuff ppl paid good money for (all those refund requests and closed wallets made sure of that) and wont go nerf stuff...
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JVU420 wrote: »
    Boba counter Chaze pretty well.

I have a 7* g11 Boba with 200 speed and he doesn't seem to do anything against them.

Try using his move "Execute" against a toon with lots of HoTs.

6NiJxqe.png

^^^my boba, under EP lead (vs chaze team).

P.S.: cheers to my friend Wallace Vasques, who insisted that I finished both Vader and Boba... best thing I've done since I begun playing... this team is so much fun!

Curious about the fifth toon
  • Options
    Curious about the fifth toon

I'd hazard a guess at TFP for that empire synergy and buff immunity.
  • Henchman805
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The funny thing is you are claiming 4* gear 9.

When I started empire teams I beat gear 11 7 star.
    I started with:
    EP 5star gear 10
    Royal Guard 7, 10
    TFP 2, 7
    ShT 3, 6
    Vader 5, 7

I could. Eat wiggs lando teams with that.
    If they can beat you on defense that is something completely different.

Your 3 star gear 6 sth ate up how many hits of damage with his 3000hp health pool?

2 star tfp gear 7 eating a Lando team doing enough aoe to 1 shot half your team.

Mmmmhhhhmmmmm
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I agree. Seeing how they can defeat teams 2v5 Is lame + Nobody in arena are gonna do that when they can have three other characters with them. Too OP for sure.

Are you sure, they can do that at 4* g9?

To OP:

I'm running 5*, g10 Baze and 3* g9 (soon g10) Chirrut, and even if they win me most battles on offense, they are nowhere nearly as strong as you describe. I drop quite low on defense (from top—5 to 16/20—ish) probably also since Chirrut's low power attracts attackers. On offense Empire with a fast Boba Fett are especially tough for me. It sounda to me like you are simply running the wrong team to counter themm.

• Dave79
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    Entitled, whining threads really do pile up on this forum. It's very, very simple.
    1. You clearly didn't pay for a usable Chaze, so unless there was a technical bug that prevented you from buying- live with it.
    2. Chaze is not OP. Multiple suggestions posted.
    3. Chaze SHOULD be OP. The price to obtain this duo was extremely high. In what world do people pay a premium for nothing?
    The sum of the post is essentially: "I think I should be able to beat anyone even if they PAID way more than me. Why? Because I'm entitled."

We all plough down TIME in this game so **** off
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    I really wish some one would come tell my Baze and chirrut they need to be better..
    I have to drop them when I face other Baze Chirrut teams. Only use I have found for them is to Annoy some on defense and to use Baze broke ability to smash Qgj zeta teams.
  • Dave79
    100 posts Member
    Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    Usually the "nerf this" threads are useless, but this is the one time where it's totally legit

Disagree. But one thing for sure they SHOULD be OP considering the price required to obtained them.

No they should't. Just because they are new and there is a hype thanks to a movie telling a different story then this game, and they are expensive thanks to this hype, doesnt mean they should be OP. What they should have is a collectors worth like the First Order last year who wasnt OP but you wanted them because they were new, or adding something unique that could bring something vital for the complete setup in a rebel team.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Boba is great against them, B2 is great against them. EP's shock is great against them.

EP (L), TFP, Shore, Boba, B2 = Chaze dead.

No nerf is needed, just creativity.
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    Entitled, whining threads really do pile up on this forum. It's very, very simple.
    1. You clearly didn't pay for a usable Chaze, so unless there was a technical bug that prevented you from buying- live with it.
    2. Chaze is not OP. Multiple suggestions posted.
    3. Chaze SHOULD be OP. The price to obtain this duo was extremely high. In what world do people pay a premium for nothing?
    The sum of the post is essentially: "I think I should be able to beat anyone even if they PAID way more than me. Why? Because I'm entitled."

+1
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    All I'm saying is it's pointless to argue that they are balanced. Because that is just not true.

Insane synergy is the wave of the future. Both pairs, and factions. Many, myself included, have wanted to see full factions be stronger than groups of random individual toons who are the only ones any good at what they do. (Like picking Dooku or Phasma for lead, and GS or Rey for DPS back in the day)

Baze/Chirrut are a bit ahead of the curve on that. They absolutely do more than any other pair of toons. I agree. But they don't need to be beaten down. They are a foregleam of things to come. More synergies and leader abilities will be added giving more options of powerhouse teams. Plenty already exist. There are already F2P options that can not just beat, but decimate Chaze so spectacularly that it's laughable.

So am I arguing that they're perfectly balanced? No. This game has NEVER been balanced. But new toons and abilities will continue to be added to mix things up, and in the mean time there are multiple free options to beat them easily now, and there is more diversity in arena than I've ever seen. (Jedi, Empire, Etc)

If someone is saying Chaze is in perfect balance, or that the game is in perfect balance I'd disagree. But the point of this thread isn't to point out that they're just a bit above average. It's to complain that they need to be nerfed, and the devs are ignoring them. So I haven't read everything here, but I haven't seen anyone saying that Chaze is perfect, just that NOTHING needs to be done about them. They are a tad stronger than average, and can be owned with free toons. The meta will roll past them like all the others. In the mean time I'll keep owning them with Boba who has been out for a year, and we were given free shards for last month.

It is so funny to see Boba decimating Chaze. hehehe. From that I can see that it is not true that whales are having a wall with ftp players. It doesnt exist. It is just a joke. So many players who are ftp are so strangely behaving and being angry with tournaments and rewards.
    Why do they want to have a new toon which can be decimate by a free to play toon?

And whales in reality are paying for a game where they dont have anything more than ftp can have.....
    It is a joke, really a joke. I played games where if someone was a whale he had a power of the team double than ftp player, couse he spend a lot of money. In this game it doesnt exist.

What a joke................hahahaahahahahahahahahaaha
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    All I'm saying is it's pointless to argue that they are balanced. Because that is just not true.

Insane synergy is the wave of the future. Both pairs, and factions. Many, myself included, have wanted to see full factions be stronger than groups of random individual toons who are the only ones any good at what they do. (Like picking Dooku or Phasma for lead, and GS or Rey for DPS back in the day)

Baze/Chirrut are a bit ahead of the curve on that. They absolutely do more than any other pair of toons. I agree. But they don't need to be beaten down. They are a foregleam of things to come. More synergies and leader abilities will be added giving more options of powerhouse teams. Plenty already exist. There are already F2P options that can not just beat, but decimate Chaze so spectacularly that it's laughable.

So am I arguing that they're perfectly balanced? No. This game has NEVER been balanced. But new toons and abilities will continue to be added to mix things up, and in the mean time there are multiple free options to beat them easily now, and there is more diversity in arena than I've ever seen. (Jedi, Empire, Etc)

If someone is saying Chaze is in perfect balance, or that the game is in perfect balance I'd disagree. But the point of this thread isn't to point out that they're just a bit above average. It's to complain that they need to be nerfed, and the devs are ignoring them. So I haven't read everything here, but I haven't seen anyone saying that Chaze is perfect, just that NOTHING needs to be done about them. They are a tad stronger than average, and can be owned with free toons. The meta will roll past them like all the others. In the mean time I'll keep owning them with Boba who has been out for a year, and we were given free shards for last month.

It is so funny to see Boba decimating Chaze. hehehe. From that I can see that it is not true that whales are having a wall with ftp players. It doesnt exist. It is just a joke. So many players who are ftp are so strangely behaving and being angry with tournaments and rewards.
    Why do they want to have a new toon which can be decimate by a free to play toon?

And whales in reality are paying for a game where they dont have anything more than ftp can have.....
    It is a joke, really a joke. I played games where if someone was a whale he had a power of the team double than ftp player, couse he spend a lot of money. In this game it doesnt exist.

1. No whales = no game
    2. Dont u think that the goh approach is better for everyone involved (ftp&ptp) than your other game?
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

1. No whales = no game
    2. Dont u think that the goh approach is better for everyone involved (ftp&ptp) than your other game?

Yes, it is very unique aproach. One example of diference
    In other games ftp players didnt receive free crystals at all.
    They have to pay for that.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have the meta in arena with max gear and a barriss zeta and I get bumped down every day.

I say what I want about this game and don't try to sound like you know whats best. Im a ftp player and not a whale like you might be. Chaze is unbeatable right now. 50/50 if you are a whale.

• Options
    I think Baze/Chirrut should be buffed. There are multiple toons that can dispel all their buffs, or prevent them from gaining buffs. And there are multiple toons that do extra damage for removing status effects. How is it fair that I one shot killed a Baze with a free toon? It's not hard to do 50-100k damage or more to them because of their crippling liability of gaining HoTs constantly. They have such a giant, glaring weakness. It's embarrassing. Buff them now.

^^ This guy wins the day ^^

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I say what I want about this game and don't try to sound like you know whats best. Im a ftp player and not a whale like you might be. Chaze is unbeatable right now. 50/50 if you are a whale.

Whale or no whale doesn't matter. You not being able to beat them or adapt a new strategy, does not make them op. There are many suggested changes to your team to deal with them, and guess what they are f2p.

They are 2 toons, double the work for someone to get them arena ready, that is twice as much time for you to get ready with a counter of 1 toon.... maybe you didn't realize the best counter, but still there is more then enough time to come up with a new strategy.

I was able to change 1 toon out for boba and beat the chase teams on my shard. Before that I would rely on rng and when my B2 was triggered.... but still didn't change from old meta yet and can handle them with my wiggs.
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I started and alternative account, at top 5 full of chaze, wiggs combo. And these dudes spent a lot of cash to get em (they have 7* bistan/scarif) and me being lvl 53 can't stand a chance without having B2 in my squad just imagine the control of the arena until someone else is able to get a counter to that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haihs wrote: »
    I started and alternative account, at top 5 full of chaze, wiggs combo. And these dudes spent a lot of cash to get em (they have 7* bistan/scarif) and me being lvl 53 can't stand a chance without having B2 in my squad just imagine the control of the arena until someone else is able to get a counter to that.

But they have the advantage because of spending money, not because of the toons. Spending money gives you the time advantage, which can be overcome.

The only true spending advantage is lots of great mods, that probably can't be overcome with time.
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Whale or no whale doesn't matter. You not being able to beat them or adapt a new strategy, does not make them op. There are many suggested changes to your team to deal with them, and guess what they are f2p.

They are 2 toons, double the work for someone to get them arena ready, that is twice as much time for you to get ready with a counter of 1 toon.... maybe you didn't realize the best counter, but still there is more then enough time to come up with a new strategy.

I was able to change 1 toon out for boba and beat the chase teams on my shard. Before that I would rely on rng and when my B2 was triggered.... but still didn't change from old meta yet and can handle them with my wiggs.

Some players dont get it :) You can show them directly in the video that chirut and baze team are decimated by a toon that is for free and the answer will be :

You are a whale and that was the reason why you can beat such a team :)

What You can say more, what to show to them that they can understand that it is not the matter of the money?

I dont know

Hahahahahahaahhaahahaahahahahaah
  • Mithos
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Just fought a team in GW that was litterally untouchable
    Gen kenobi leader
    Baris
    Fives
    Baze
    Chirrut
    All were 7 star except kenobi at 6, it was impossible to do any dmg at all with baze fives and kenobi taunts, mass crit immunity, 3-5+ heals on everyone the whole fight, retribution on everyone, foresight popping up all the time...

I usually finish top 50 in arena easily and had my arena team at full hp almost full prot with the tm advantage and couldnt get anyone on this team to actually lose health...

Just because not many people have these toons is no reason to ignore thier obvious balance issues expecially as time passes and more people get them
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Edit....this comment no longer makes sense since it was merged.

Yeah for mega threads!
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Options
    Ummm... I beat that team, so no.
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I beat them aswell
  • Options
    To be fair, this is GW he's talking about, not a fight for rank #1 in arena. That's just like asking someone who is level 75 to fight a level 85 team, he is not ready for this team yet, and he shouldn't be if he is top 50 as opposed to top 5. There has to be fairness to ensure that people don't play teams that are almost unbeatable for them in GW, where the opponents are based around you personally.

I've beat these squads before, but just because many of us can beat them, it doesn't mean that players lower than us also have to face them
  • Vegeta
    379 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair, this is GW he's talking about, not a fight for rank #1 in arena. That's just like asking someone who is level 75 to fight a level 85 team, he is not ready for this team yet, and he shouldn't be if he is top 50 as opposed to top 5. There has to be fairness to ensure that people don't play teams that are almost unbeatable for them in GW, where the opponents are based around you personally.

I've beat these squads before, but just because many of us can beat them, it doesn't mean that players lower than us also have to face them

Nicely said and i am sure 99% of players would agree
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Then it should be a request to fix GW matchmaking not a team OP is not ready for. Changes how characters work because you are not ready to face it is not the answer.
  • Options
    I'm afraid that these balance issues are eventually going to kill the game. No one likes running into a team that's ridiculous to beat and then get told, "well you can beat it but the counters you need are behind a massive gear or zeta wall but the counters are free to play so stop your whining."