The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Options
    @Rifter my payout is 6pm PST. We keep swapping places...lol. We are both holding strong top 10
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Options
    @Rifter my payout is 6pm PST. We keep swapping places...lol. We are both holding strong top 10

Yeah...you kinda smacked me just before my payout, at 11AM PST

cool with you if we steer clear of each other during the hour before our respective payouts?
  • Options
    Ya no prob. I made a note. :) sorry about that
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @Keepkiller1 and @Rifter I'm also still playing, casually. Good to know your payouts, mine is 9AM in PST. Will keep in touch.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Edit
  • Options
    Apologies for the newbie question but once you are ready for the arena shard, when do you start using up the saved energy? Also once you are in the shard do I level up my characters or just stay at 28? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    As soon as you hit an arena shed, level up as fast as you can. It took me 5 days to burn through mine and I got to level 50. I only leveled toons I was gonna use
  • Options
    update: took #1 today for first time :smiley:
    thanks to good coord and assistance by my new shardmates as well

I don't understand how folks keep retribution-sniping when it's not their payout for many hours - an obsession to stay in one spot all day? oi
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    So I unlocked the fleet arena at a 300ish rank and worked my way to top in two days. Can keep top 10 in both arenas without too much effort. Squad arena top 3 is pretty much locked out by krakens, I have to fight whales to get to 4. After the latest updates, Phoenix squads are showing up and I believe you'll see a lot of them in the new arena shards.
  • Options
    Izza I cannot surpass you but I usually get top 10 or 20. Also I'm top 1-2 in fleet.
  • Options
    You guys are lucky to have gotten in the new shard. I'm not gonna be able to get top 20 anymore. The spenders have really pulled away. I have 5* mods, done everything right, and am even gonna get Thrawn.

All that doesn't matter when they are pulling levels ahead, have Chaze and fully starred sith teams, and fleet gets screwed too when you hit 64 because the slave 1, Kylo, and cassian ships become available for sale. My fleet can't beat slave 1.

I'm gonna keep going tho.....
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @Billcarson66 Don't give up mate, most of those whales will eventually drop out. Let me know if you need a good guild, I might be able to set you up.

@Keepkiller1 Yeah mate, I see you and Rifterr there, let's keep it up! :) Best I can get is #4 for now. Looks like one or two whales have dropped out already. Did you note Gercog Nic? Looks like a possible cheater, he appears in top 3 with a crappy squad.

Seems fleet arenas are much smaller and fill out quickly. I haven't seen anyone from our squad arena in my fleet arena.
  • Options
    @Billcarson66 I second what @Izza said - keep working with a plan and graft it out. My ship shard also pulled away and I had to fight most of my daily battles to keep within top30. Eventually I was able to normally farm and unlock Slave1 and Tie Advanced and now I take top 5 daily even though I still don't have the 3rd reinforcement unlocked for capital ships, took #1 for first time yesterday. Taking #1 regularly (3-4 times a week, alternating with a shardmate on same payout) in arena as well, so you can climb back up (I am still 3-5 levels behind some in the top20). Some of the big spenders do fall away later.
  • Options
    Hey all, new to the game but reading the guides, this one is a little older but good info. I see that the new arena level starts at 28 so we should stop at 27 correct?

What are still the current top 2 or 3 players to get early. I got STH, on this last roll, doing another account or two to see who I get, just wanting to know who is the best to get now?
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @wizzydizzy yes, hoarding is best done at L27. Baze would be the ideal toon. Wedge, STH or Lando would be other top picks.
  • Options
    Izza wrote: »
    @wizzydizzy yes, hoarding is best done at L27. Baze would be the ideal toon. Wedge, STH or Lando would be other top picks.

Just curious why you think Baze would be a better start than Wedge? Wedge unlocks at 4 stars, meaning you are getting more free shards and Wedge would give you an earlier synergy with Biggs
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options

Just curious why you think Baze would be a better start than Wedge? Wedge unlocks at 4 stars, meaning you are getting more free shards and Wedge would give you an earlier synergy with Biggs

That's true, but Baze is arguably the best tank and you won't have access to until L80 as F2P, whereas Wedge and Chirrut can be farmed from L60 on. Between levels 60 and 80 will be the toughest time. Having a pre-taunter makes a huge change in arena if you wanna stay top 10. In a matter of weeks your arena will be filled with whales running Chaze or DN lead Sith Trooper and make it impossible for you to grab a top spot.
  • Options
    I thought I would post an update to my progress. A little backstory again. Started 1/8/17, went live 5/1/17. Only bought DS starter pack. Received 3 dev apology sets so I started with almost 4K crystals.

Two months after going live, in level 71, hold top 50 in arena, top 20 in fleet, and have a fairly deep roster so I've only failed GW once.

I run Wiggs in arena, just so I can have the resources to gear my FO squad.

This last round of double drops has depleted my crystals. I will now only do 50-50 and one 100 cantina refresh daily. This will allow me to buy a furnace/cuff/whatever every other week.

I will no longer be able to level at the same pace as my leaderboard. I will see how long I can hold top 50. I've always wanted to run FO in spite of the 4 zetas, so that is what I am going to do.

My hoard was successful, I was even able to unlock thrawn and buy baze since they dropped his price. I'm still amazed at some of the rosters in my shard. 7 star sith and chaze everywhere.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nice @Billcarson66 - glad to hear you are keeping the account alive :)
    Keep grinding, I was able to climb backup from LvL 73 ish.

My update:

I hit LvL80 this week. I was also able to get Thrawn, and have a 6* Yoda and 6* EP (will be 7* after this upcoming event). Was able to get a deep roster and avoid some of the mistakes I made in my other account. I already have Vader 7* G10 and ships like Tie Advanced and Slave1. I am able to place #1-3 daily but cannot beat every whale team in my top 10 consistently. The ones I struggle with are already LvL84-85. With ships I can take a spot between 3-15 most days, working on farming zetas at the moment.

My arena team is now:
    Lando lead (7* g10)
    Boba (7* g10)
    STHan (7* g10)
    QGJ (7* g11)
    EP (6* g10)

I sometimes sub the following team (especially for Rex-led teams as my Lando team is crit heavy):
    EP lead
    Vader (7* g10)
    Kylo (6* g9)
    Thrawn (5* G8)
    Boba (7* g10)

Fleet arena team:
    Mace (5* ship)
    Vader (4*)
    Boba (4*)
    Biggs (4*)
    Ahsoka (4*)
    JC (4*)
    reinforced by Imperial Tie (4*), Clone Sarge (4*) and Rex (3*)

Really enjoying this reroll and have already been fortunate to join a heroic guild working towards unlocking Kenobi.

• glitzi
    11 posts Member
    Options
    hey guys,
    i have a question.
    i got jyn as my free char and i would like to keep her.
    currently i am hoarding energy and i am slowly farming jyn from guild shop. so i should get her to 5* or even to 6* before i get lvl 28 and really start playing.
    my plan is to farm lando and get him to 5* or 6* before my first pvp-battle (already got 1,5k cantina energy). I also want to farm boba from cantina shop. But i am not sure whom to farm from GW-Store and from Arena-Store. I could farm STH, but i could also Farm Cassian and K2 for synergy with my leader Jyn. What do you tink?

• Options
    Gw= Biggs.
  • Options
    @glitzi Jyn is a good toon for a Rebel squad. I would go for a squad of:

Lando lead (from cantina)
    Boba (from cantina shop)
    Biggs (from GW)
    Jyn (obtained)
    STHan (from arena shop)

You can use Jyn to give Lando 100% tm right after his first AoE for example. Han to give whole team TM.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @Billcarson66 Good to hear you're hanging in there mate!

I hit L70 the other day. Unlocking Wedge was a real boost as expected. Helps a lot with GW as well as Arena. I'm working towards Chaze now with whatever extra crystals I save. On track to get EP and GK soon, so looking well set to hold top 10.
  • Options
    I got wedge and Baze too I'm holding top 30 with my Wiggs team. I'm only gonna use it til I build up my first order, really want to use them.

Man, you are only two levels behind me, on a new shard. Good work. I'm out of my extra crystals tho so my progress will slow. I'm just glad I had enough to unlock Baze.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    @glitzi contrary to above advice, if you have jyn, I'd go full R1. Cassian is great with Jyn, and K2 makes a good tank as long as he doesn't get dazed. Ideally you'd have Chaze, but Jyn, Cassian, K2, Boba and Lando will make a pretty potent squad. Imho better than Jyn, STHan, Biggs, Boba, Lando. Biggs just isn't great without Wedge, so unless you can blast straight to 60 and farm Wedge asap, get K2 first and work on Biggs when you are closer to Wedge.
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

whyd you snipe me before my payout? Im sure its not yours.

Lame tbh.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Rifter wrote: »

whyd you snipe me before my payout? Im sure its not yours.

Lame tbh.

Did I? Honest mistake if that happened, as I don't snipe even at my payout. I rarely get to play at my payout, so I usually play a few hours early. Let me know your payout time just in case.

BTW, you should PM instead of calling someone lame on a public thread.
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    @glitzi contrary to above advice, if you have jyn, I'd go full R1. Cassian is great with Jyn, and K2 makes a good tank as long as he doesn't get dazed. Ideally you'd have Chaze, but Jyn, Cassian, K2, Boba and Lando will make a pretty potent squad. Imho better than Jyn, STHan, Biggs, Boba, Lando. Biggs just isn't great without Wedge, so unless you can blast straight to 60 and farm Wedge asap, get K2 first and work on Biggs when you are closer to Wedge.

My Plan is to hoard like 10-12k Energy. That would boost me ~to lvl 45, far Away from lvl 60 and wedge...
    When i can get chaze depends in my rankings in Arena. But i really can not predict that.

I would love to hear more opinions as i cannot decide which way to choose: r1 vs. Classic Rebels.
  • Options
    Classic rebels are easier to farm by far. Gear for the two teams is comparable to each other. I still say classic rebels because wiggs have farmable ships so gearing them helps fleet too.
  • Options
    I'll also add Sthan and Lando do credit heist. Classic rebels, no contest