The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Options
    I saw this thread and decided to make a new char. But to pull my first chromium card I don't have enough crystals (only 309).

If I'm missing something ???
  • Options
    you need to keep playing, i guess doing all normal battles frrom tier 1 and 2, and all tier 1 hard battles will be enough

any reports of current arena data? am i scouting this alone?
  • Options
    I'm also wanting to scout dutorito. Got my energy levels right up on level 27, just waiting to drop into a new shard at the right time
  • Troop22
    23 posts Member
    Options
    So I just read this a few days ago and decided to give it a try. It took me about a dozen tries but I just landed a 4 star Mace Windu. I'm just gonna go ahead and stick with him and start doing step 2.
    I'm at lvl 7 rn but can I level to 8 to start getting cantina energy as well, or will that throw me in an arena shard? I guess what I'm asking is will I be thrown into a shard at lvl 8 or 28?
    Another question I had was with the other throw away accounts can I check the amount of people in the arena shard at lvl 8 or would I have to get those to 28 before I could check (in regards to step 3)
    Lastly.. I've read that Mace Windu isn't too good. He should be alright in the start though right? Gonna stick with him anyway just asking.
  • Options

Troop22 wrote: »
    So I just read this a few days ago and decided to give it a try. It took me about a dozen tries but I just landed a 4 star Mace Windu. I'm just gonna go ahead and stick with him and start doing step 2.
    I'm at lvl 7 rn but can I level to 8 to start getting cantina energy as well, or will that throw me in an arena shard? I guess what I'm asking is will I be thrown into a shard at lvl 8 or 28?
    Another question I had was with the other throw away accounts can I check the amount of people in the arena shard at lvl 8 or would I have to get those to 28 before I could check (in regards to step 3)
    Lastly.. I've read that Mace Windu isn't too good. He should be alright in the start though right? Gonna stick with him anyway just asking.

You will get mace windu in fleet training . So try for some other characters . Lando , baze , wedge , rex would be ideal.

Yes you can level upto lvl 27 and then stop there . You enter shard at lvl 28.

Throw away accounts will be needed to scout shard and lvl them too till 27. Once you think you are ready(hoarded enough) use throwaway one by one to check you are under at least 1000 , then finally level up to 28 with the hoarded account
  • Options
    I'm sitting at over 7k total energy.... how much is a good saving point to ensure a top 5 spot? Was thinking of waiting till the next 2x bonus rounds so I can make sure I get a ton of good gear on the way up....
  • Jimslip
    34 posts Member
    Options
    wizzydizzy wrote: »
    I'm sitting at over 7k total energy.... how much is a good saving point to ensure a top 5 spot? Was thinking of waiting till the next 2x bonus rounds so I can make sure I get a ton of good gear on the way up....

You cant ensure a top 5 spot, but 7k is loads of energy, I am personally going to wait until I have enough cantina energy to be able to get boba on day 1, easy to work out and not rng based, he will give you a massive advantage at the start
  • Options
    Jimslip wrote: »

You cant ensure a top 5 spot, but 7k is loads of energy, I am personally going to wait until I have enough cantina energy to be able to get boba on day 1, easy to work out and not rng based, he will give you a massive advantage at the start

Right, I'm at 2k catina right now.

So I've already dropped a few hundred to crystals and gottan a few nice drops, i have DN at 6*, and a ton of toons a 4-5*. I already have a bobba and lando. I want a good head start cause I'm not going to be dropping 10k on the game like some do, and I know there will be some massive whales. I'm willing to do a hundred a month or so maybe.

I think I'm good enough now to where I can probably push and get top 5 easily. might wait till I hit 10-12k energy total, and the next complete double drop.
  • Options

Right, I'm at 2k catina right now.

So I've already dropped a few hundred to crystals and gottan a few nice drops, i have DN at 6*, and a ton of toons a 4-5*. I already have a bobba and lando. I want a good head start cause I'm not going to be dropping 10k on the game like some do, and I know there will be some massive whales. I'm willing to do a hundred a month or so maybe.

I think I'm good enough now to where I can probably push and get top 5 easily. might wait till I hit 10-12k energy total, and the next complete double drop.

Ok i'm going to make sure I am absolutely 100% not in your shard, i'm sure guys spend more, but to me you are a scary whale, using the perfect start as well you should absolutely dominate your shard.

Please let me know when you are going for it so that I don't end up in the same share as you :smile:
  • Options
    Ok i'm going to make sure I am absolutely 100% not in your shard, i'm sure guys spend more, but to me you are a scary whale, using the perfect start as well you should absolutely dominate your shard.

Please let me know when you are going for it so that I don't end up in the same share as you :smile:

²

I was over the moon with a 4* Rex (and actually a 3* Hoth Rebel Soldier for free B) ), but I see a long way to go I have still.

To be clear: pre-28 hoarding is just farming Lando and Boba and doing nothing else to keep levelling to a minimum? Or first push to level 20 (am 16 now) to be able to do events daily as well as challenges?
  • Options
    You wanna do events as they give no xp. Push to 27. Lando and boba are certainly first focus
  • Options

²

I was over the moon with a 4* Rex (and actually a 3* Hoth Rebel Soldier for free B) ), but I see a long way to go I have still.

To be clear: pre-28 hoarding is just farming Lando and Boba and doing nothing else to keep levelling to a minimum? Or first push to level 20 (am 16 now) to be able to do events daily as well as challenges?

I personally have gone for the 'do nothing but lando' way of doing things. It has taken me 2 weeks to get to level 22 and unlock Lando, but in that time I have saved nearly 2k energy.

Events are good and all, but the majority of them you won't have the toons to be able to participate, but still the ones you can participate in are great (the luke flash event got me a 4 star jawa scavenger, worth having).

I will probably have 25-30 lando shards on the way to 5 star by the time I am level 27, 60 odd boba shards to unlocking and around 3k energy.
  • Options
    Marquee events are worth it. I got full Phoenux(-and therefore thrawn) during my hoard.
  • Options
    Sounds good - Lando grind it is B)

(also forget the time zone trick with the lucky Rex 4* pull, don't have the patience to try to achieve that again in GMT+6, so meh (new tries deliverd 3* Poo and 2% Clone Sarg ffs)
  • Options
    So any tricks to the special events... can't get more than 50 shards for R2D2 even though I got a bunch of 5* and all blue g4..... I wasn't around for the thrawn stuff, but both emperor pap and r2d2 I could only get past tier2.
  • RexusPrimor
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    If you're on iOS then you have to keep creating new accounts.
    If you're on Android emulator, you can keep changing device ID and rolling Guest accounts until you find one you like before binding it.

ediT: ok, i downloaded bluestacks, i was able to root it (root checker says ok) ... and i tried different id changers... but i still have the same guest account.
    can somebody help me pls?;)

edit2: found a working id changer.. works and i can reset my guest account... nice;)

Post edited by RexusPrimor on
  • Options
    For anybody interested, I have only used cantina energy on lando shards since I got to level 8, and I am now level 27 ready to start hoarding proper.

I have unlocked lando and i'm 35 shards to 5*. I have 50 boba shards and 200 cantina tokens. I have 2500 energy saved, 1 million credits, a large assortment of training droids, 40 mk I, 26 mk II and 10 mk III ability mats.

My toons that I am planning to start using are gear level III - IV.

I am f2p so this is what can be achieved before starting squad arena in around 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Nice to read. I actually stopped farming Lando and instead took the 25 sim tickets per day so as to get a proper jump start when I launch. Am in fact hoarding on two accounts (one with 4* Rex from data card, but bad time zone, other with 3* Plo (sp?) and Jawa, and perfect time zone) curious how long I'll be able to restrain myself :-)
  • LordBane452501
    154 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hehe, just pulled a 4* Boba from the Bronzium on my favoured hoarding account - great game this :smiley:
    Post edited by LordBane452501 on
  • Options
    Following up and to further maximize my chance of F2P success: is there a list anywhere where people post their arena start rank to get an idea of new shard creation?
  • Options
    I've been rerolling accounts now and have gotten Resistance Pilot, Cassian, Ackbar, Jedi Guardian, Kit Fisto, Aayla x2, and Rex. I'm wanting Baze but I think I might just stick with Rex. I'm not sure if this is the best or not though.

As far as leveling goes, does one simply focus on Lando in Cantina and do hard missions until you get to 27? And once you get to 27, you just collect the energies, do events and challenges, but don't collect daily achievements? Is there a way to farm crystals and sims without completing dailies, or do you hoard them as you level to 27? I know you don't want to collect XP... Thanks for answering dumb questions!
  • Options
    omg you are on my shard @wizzydizzy;)

looks like you will be nr1 for a while, seems a soft shard so far...
  • Options
    Following up and to further maximize my chance of F2P success: is there a list anywhere where people post their arena start rank to get an idea of new shard creation?

I dont Think there is such a list. But that would be great as i only got 2 extra accounts to check the shards..
  • Options
    Well I also have two, so if we pool our resources we should already come some way :smile:

I plan to launch late August or early September, you?
  • Options
    omg you are on my shard @wizzydizzy;)

looks like you will be nr1 for a while, seems a soft shard so far...

Yeah, this shard seems soft like you said. I have everyone beat by 5 levels and maxed gear for my level..... even have baze/wiggs with a 7 star DN haha. i've been beat by the 2nd place guy a few times, but that we before I got chaze up and running.
  • glitzi
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well I also have two, so if we pool our resources we should already come some way :smile:

I plan to launch late August or early September, you?

Late august/Early september Sounds Great to me.
    Do you have discord?

@wizzydizzy i am glad i dont Share a Shard with you ;)
  • Options
    Just installed Discord, what do you need to know?
  • Options
    @LordBane452501 your Name and id. It looks Kind of this: discordname#0000.
    You can also pm it to me.
  • Options
    STHan *3 is a good chromium pick?
    Do or do not...
  • LordBane452501
    154 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    STHan *3 is a good chromium pick?

Not half bad, I'd say. FWIW, my 3* Plo Koon was followed some days later by a 4* Boba from Bronzium, so Chromium isn't everything B)