GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    duffmc81 wrote: »
    Anyone else get their butt whooped in GW today? I can't remember the last time I didn't cruise though but today didn't make it past the 9th battle.

This happen to anyone else?

No. I' won my GW. 9th battle. haha.
  • Options
    Zilo wrote: »
    I'm level 49, top 5 in server with no p2w characters. I usually finish galactic wars then just now I come across level 61 full purple gear team. Sid/lumi/JC/dooku/RestPilot. **** is that? 12 levels higher and full gear? Lol...

Top 5. Whao. Easy game, this is.
  • Options
    I'm currently lvl 51 in the game. I've spent some money so I have some decent characters around my level (Dooku, 86,88, 47, Lumi) but 3 days ago was the first time I could clear GW since hitting 40. I cleared it yesterday too.

Then today I get another one of these games where it's just impossible. A level 61 team. 7 star Lumi in purple gear, 5 star JC purple gear, 5 star Sid and chewy and talia. They're so high level they resist any debuffs (as they should for 10-11 levels higher) and Lumi one shot my JC that's gear 6 lvl 51 with a crit. I sent in a few toons first to try and soak up cooldowns but that didn't matter much.

I don't think I should be able to clear everyday but battles like this is just ridiculous. This was battle 6! If it was 11 or 12 then okay **** but 6...

Sorry for rant but I'm sick of running into these teams that I stand no chance of winning against. Theres a difference between being hard and being impossible getting 1 shot...
  • Options
    Do you often send in lesser level characters in the beginning to soak up cool downs and to see how far they can get ? I have yet to finish galactic wars and I've got some pretty good characters I'm doing something wrong I just don't know how people are finishing galactic wars with less powered characters and I'm facing teams that one shot one kill my entire squad , my team is Lumi five star Vader for star Jc five Star Sydious 4 kylo 4 star and they're all between 57 and 60 lvl ? Would love some strategy advice again I think I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what
  • Options
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    Do you often send in lesser level characters in the beginning to soak up cool downs and to see how far they can get ? I have yet to finish galactic wars and I've got some pretty good characters I'm doing something wrong I just don't know how people are finishing galactic wars with less powered characters and I'm facing teams that one shot one kill my entire squad , my team is Lumi five star Vader for star Jc five Star Sydious 4 kylo 4 star and they're all between 57 and 60 lvl ? Would love some strategy advice again I think I'm doing something wrong I just don't know what

• Options
    My main team is 57. Just yesterday The stage 3 team was all lvl 45 with 2-4 gear level. After I wiped that team with little effort the next stage was slightly more difficult with the team all level 66 purples with 4 of them max starred. I went through my suicide squad my C team and B team just to get them down enough my A team could finish up. The rest of the GW was equal to me. Just right. GW is like rolling a dice for difficulty where 5 sides are 6.
  • Options
    I hear ya, man!

I'm level 63. Currently facing back to back 7* and gear 8/9 Phasma, Daka, Kylo, Sid, Bariss teams.

Most frustrating hour of my life. At least 30 retreats in. Had to take a break and do something else before I started breaking ****. I will beat it, though!

I have 26 straight GW wins. Not gonna ruin my streak!
  • Options
    The GW I it today was really tough. A tough one BUT fair! At battle 3 I got one 6* purple gear, around nodes 7-9 had about 2 purple gear 6* toons. Battle 12 had all purple gear lvl 55-60 but star levels around 5-6.
    I just JUST scraped trough, had to send in B team and retreat like 10 times in that last battle but got through. It was tough. I woudnt have minded losing tbh. This is how GW should be.
    2 days ago on battle 3, full 6-7* max gear team with barris and lumi. I couldn't even hit them as they healed on their passives.... I gave up after 1 retreat. This is how GW shouldn't be.
    My team is 6* g7lumi, 5*gr7 sid, 5* gr6 Luke, 4*gr6 Daka, and 3*chewie/han/jc with 2* QGJ.
    Just my experiences
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey, this isn't a crying about GW thread, just some info for people trying to figure out how it works.

I use to do GW without even using a suicide squad and maxed teams were rare. When I hit 65 this drastically changed though. I was got near maxed teams halfway through all the way to the end. I was still able to complete it though, but with trial and error.

It's also good to note that I upped 3 people to max gear when I hit 65 so it could be based on power as well. I gained around 1.5k power going from around 23k-24.5k

Take what you will from this.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    65 has nothing to do with it. It's just RNG.
  • Options
    It is all random, some days I'm bleeding out my eyes with non stop 7 Star Poe teams. Other days like today I got Bar lead teams and was a cake walk.
  • BillyBeans
    440 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So, I spent well over an hour on two fights. Node 9 and 10. Back to back gear 8+, 7*, level 70s. (Pics below of the 2nd fight)

I am level 63. I had 40ish retreats (between the 2 fights)with different chars to try and even take out 1 of theirs before bringing back in another team. Tried so many combinations it is funny...

Anyway, when AI deals you a $h/t sandwich...make some **** ing lemonade!!!

nypDUrb.jpg

BQkNcGI.jpg
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Glad galactic wars isn't easy. That's what makes it challenging any fun. Sure you get to retreat but when your facing 5+ 26000+power teams retreat don't matter much.
  • Options
    Normally I can finish GW easilly but today I got completely blown away in the 11th fight even with my Arena team. Facing Poe, GS, Daka, Doku and FOTP at level 70 all purple gear I lost 2 toons and one stunned after one round. I use Barris as leader. Luminari, Daka, Sid and Kylo as well. My arena Squad exist of Phasma (L), Sid, IG-88, Poe and Kylo. All maxed out. Did not had any chance. Switching toons, brought Doku in nothing really changes. I have given up for today.
  • Options
    Quick info:
    The last couple weeks I've consistently been in the 100-200 Arena rank. Friday I ended up at 121 and saturday's GW was fairly normal, had to send in the lowbies to burn Enemies CDs a couple times, but went 12/12. Saturday I ended up finishing 93 in arena, on top of promoting Poe to 5* and t8.

And to sum up today.
    KoY5xf3.jpg

• Mysery
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Tip: all rng rolls for a given GW match are determined when entering a match for the first time and are reused if you retreat and re-enter. This list of rolls is used to decide who gets attacked, dodge, resist, crit, etc. While in a match, changing targets consumes one of these rolls.

By repeating matches and trying different target swap counts between moves, it is possible to greatly skew the odds in your favor.

For example, I can work out a click sequence that 100% guarantees my opening Sid attack lands and applies heal immunity.

Using this method, and lots of patients, one can work it so your moves always produce optimal results.

You can also use this to affect the AIs moves to a lesser degree. In this case you're limited by the number of target changes you can make between each AI move (generally 3).

Keep in mind you can't change targets while taunted or only 1 opponent remains.

Also keep in mind an AI attack involves several rolls with brief opportunities to swap targets throughout. Generally it goes something like this...

Swap while you char moves back form attacking
    Target select roll
    Swap while opponent moves to attack
    Attack result roll(s)
    Swap while opponent moves back
    Repeat for each attacker

Edit: the Feb update appears to have changed it so simply swapping targets does not burn a roll. Makes it MUCH harder to affect the outcome.
    Post edited by Mysery on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    That team of lvl70's ur showing is weak. Very basic and easy to beat. Perhaps if you were a few lvl's higher pal.
    There is always tomorrow tho!!!!
  • Options
    Should've thrown in some fodder first. You would've easily won.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    That team of lvl70's ur showing is weak. Very basic and easy to beat. Perhaps if you were a few lvl's higher pal.

Easy to beat??? Hes a level 62! Hows he supposed to beat a level 70? Plus how is that a weak team? 7 star sid and lumi is every team, boba and phasma are good, and even though Jawa isnt a star that team would still wreck him
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Hey. John Madden's here. "That team is easy to beat. If only you were level 80 and they were level 40 you could win."

Sorry about your streak. I wouldn't give up though. You might catch a break.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ohh I should add i did beat it, with only my Rey remaining (Got some lucky foresight procs). Its not the team comp that was the issue. They complete out leveled me, out geared me (Seriously Dathca was t9), and straight up just smashed my team into the ground. There was no way i could of made this out with multiple characters. I recorded a video of one of my many attempts i may post it later.

The follow node was lvl 68 mixed with 7*s 6*s, mostly t7. Used 3 lvl 47s and manage to beat them. But the node after was 69s, all t8. Literally all i have left is Rey.

if you add up character levels, gear, and star of the team.

My Team
    Level 309
    28*
    T36

Enemy Team
    Level 350
    33*
    T41

I'm sure they had max abilities too

• Options
    Wow, I always felt that people were being too whiny when ever they complain that GW is too hard, but your match up is crazy unfair. They're also almost all 7* too. Did you mange to get to the next node and see if you got even more lvl70 7*s? Cause sometimes its difficult early on but then gets easier in the last 3-2 nodes. I've been beating GW non stop so far too, and nearly lost in todays. Had to retreat (no joke) over 150 times, at least.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Make it to lvl 70 in 2 wks or so and your lvl mismatches will go away

So wait two weeks to be able to clear something i had been doing for the last 35 days straight? That would put me out 70 character shards from GW shipments, numerous ability mats, and the random shard at the end.
  • Options
    Yea I have a fully maxed 7* team from level 60 and like lvl 62-66 or so was the hardest in GW. Several days of losses there...but now that I'm 70 it's a cake walk. I don't ever lose a single char from my original cast. Sometimes I'll throw in a B team just for luls, but not generally needed.
  • Options
    Ohh I should add i did beat it, with only my Rey remaining (Got some lucky foresight procs). Its not the team comp that was the issue. They complete out leveled me, out geared me (Seriously Dathca was t9), and straight up just smashed my team into the ground. There was no way i could of made this out with multiple characters. I recorded a video of one of my many attempts i may post it later.

The follow node was lvl 68 mixed with 7*s 6*s, mostly t7. Used 3 lvl 47s and manage to beat them. But the node after was 69s, all t8. Literally all i have left is Rey.

if you add up character levels, gear, and star of the team.

My Team
    Level 309
    28*
    T36

Enemy Team
    Level 350
    33*
    T41

I'm sure they had max abilities too

That's pretty difficult, seems pretty unfair. If you kept trying, I'm sure you could of probably snuck more characters through. You just gotta keep playing the RNG until its in your favor. But in your case, that could have literally taken over an hour to do. In todays war, I was at the last node VS all 7* lvl 68+ characters (Sid, Phasma, Luminara, Kylo, and Rex.)And only had 2 7* characters and 1 6* remaining( Ahsoka, Luminara, and Jedi Consular).Had to use a 4* and a 3* lvl 50s as filler(Dooku and NS Initiate). Had to retreat for over an hour to get it, and was only barely able to pass it.
  • Options
    congrats on 35x clears at level 62... I am rather surprised that is possible. You're doing extremely well for your level.

I get 3-4x waves of what you show above, but I match it with 27k teams... so not an issue. When you hit 70 you won't have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    Stok3d wrote: »
    congrats on 35x clears at level 62... I am rather surprised that is possible. You're doing extremely well for your level.

I get 3-4x waves of what you show above, but I match it with 27k teams... so not an issue. When you hit 70 you won't have anything to worry about.

35 straight clears weren't all at the same level, it started when i was level 40.