GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    It must be the gear levels , and I have barriss so time to hear them up . Thanks everyone
  • Options
    You've all missed a bit here.

Your gw difficulty is (according to devs) your HIGHEST EVER arena rank, and power of top10 heroes (i think).

You're not meant to be able to do it every day, if you managed to do it every day for 28 days with minimum losses, you were either really lucky in matching or your arena rank sucks. If you were just lucky then this hard run is that evening out and just coincides with lvl 69. I got lvl69 yesterday, had the easiest gw in ages, halfway through todays and haven't lost a soul or any health really.

Synopsis, no it doesn't get harder at any particular level, if you are finding it hard when it used to be easy its just the luck of the teams you are facing has gone the other way (about time after 28 wins imo), you will get an easier run soon (just hope it doesn't take 28 days for your luckk to swing).

As one guy above said, consider yourself lucky you are lvl69 and therefore even the most solid team is 1 lvl above you, as oppose to lvl60s who can still see lvl70s.
  • Options
    Every one of these threads starts with "I have won XX (28 in this case) GW's and I lost today!"

Your not supposed to win every day.
  • Options
    Highest arena rank and power of top 10 heroes I'm told.

Tip for gw, 2 solid teams plus extras. Since i got jedi team to run backup for my droid team its a lot easier, i have those 10 toons from lvl63-65 and then the other decent ones (luke, vader, poe etc) at lvl60 to add into any of these teams when a loss is unavoidable, and i make sure the loss is one of these.

Tbf my decent form also coincided with ewok elder who can revive people, whenever I'm about to lose a decent toon i run the next battle with ewok elder and 2 healers, toon dies and then is right back at full health, so that helps too :,)
  • Options
    I've almost st got Dacka , I hope that helps . Either way does that look like a good team .
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Every one of these threads starts with "I have won XX (28 in this case) GW's and I lost today!"

Your not supposed to win every day.

So true. I lost my first 50ish :,) now I've figured it out and win 90% but when i lose am just happy i won the one before that!
  • Options
    My advice is to get Lumi and Sid up to at least six star fast. Those are two of the easiest toons to star up and two of the most important toons for us f2p, Lumi especially; running her at 4 star at your level just isn't gonna cut it in GW.
  • DarkHelmut
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Galactic War is supposed to be hard. You keep trying until you beat it and you might not beat it every day. Keep leveling and gearing up and you'll eventually get there.

I have 3, 7 star, A squads and still get a run for my money sometimes.

• Options
    Im only level 59 FTP right now and i find it kinda hard too but i guess its because i only have a *5 star chewie and 4 others on *4 star , rest of my characters are less then that but i dont want to complain because my characters first need to improve before winning more campaigns
  • Options
    So my toons need to catch up to my level , makes sense, I'm all over it thank you much
  • Options
    You need 2 A teams i reckon. I have a droid and a jedi team, then extras on top of that to fill in when needed.

Also you're first A team is a bit weak, you need to deal more damage imo. In my A A team i have hk 86 jc lumi and bobba. Between hk and 88 i can kill 2 of their toons always the 2 biggest hitters) before they do me much damage, then just spend the rest of the battle making sure i have full health and cooldowns reset.

My B A team is qgj, lumi, jc, anakin and tano. Yes jc and lumi in both, they're my healers and I make my priority in every battle to ensure they come out with almost full health.

Then about 10 "extra" toons like vader and sid who are there to put into a team if a loss if unavoidable, i make sure they die and not a good toon. If a good toon is about to die i put in ewok elder to revive them.

On top of all that i have an A* team. This is my arena team hk, 88, 86, poggle, poe. This is only taken out when facing a solid team i cant do without losing a good portion of either A team, as 88 has awful health and tends to die so can only be used in one battle, ill lose him and poe but ill win and not lose any of my A team players.

Hope it helps. Basically gw got **** easy for me when i levelled up a second A team, and then took all my decent extras up near them too.
  • Options
    Anyone know for sure if difficulty is based on the power of your top 10? If that's the case I need to stop leveling the latter 5...
  • Options
    I have been struggling to complete mine as well it's very tedious and I'm quickly losing interest not only in gw but the entire game.
  • Options
    I've consistently ranked low 30s in arena for over a week on both of my accounts. My 2nd account I haven't lost at gw after the first time I tried and lost bad lol my main I'm on a 30+ win streak and have been going against lvl68s+ since I was lvl63. It's no easy task, just stock up on characters and throw some pawns in so they waste some of their special moves and boom lol I'm also f2p on both accounts. Just have to keep trying till you hit the perfect battle lol
  • Options
    First off, no, I'm not complaining.

I noticed that after I got my 30th GW win, the difficulty increased significantly (done 5 full GWs since 30th win). Not enough of a difficulty spike that it's unbeatable (yet), but still much harder than before my 30th win. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar connection to total wins.

If it's not that, I had to have reached some trigger point within the game. I hit lvl 63 at the time, which would seem like a strange lvl for a difficulty spike.

I don't think it was arena related either, as I've been pretty constant (sometimes 11-20, sometimes 21-50). I did reach the top 10 at one point (rank 10) around that time, but was knocked back before I could receive the top 10 payout. There's a slight chance that it could be tied to top arena rank ever achieved. But from what I've read on here, people who are #1 on their servers don't always have a hard time.

Yes, I know there are thousands of these threads, but I was curious if anyone noticed a similar tie to total wins. We will find the secret to GW matchmaking eventually!
  • Options
    Thought I'd figured out galactic war and went 7 days in a row winning every day. One day without losing a toon... Got to level 69 and my highest arena rank. Haven't got past node 5 in the 3 days since. Getting teams stronger then my a team from node 3 consistently.
  • Options
    skarroo11 wrote: »
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Man, if I had a nickel for every GW complaint post.

@jeremyj26 Look dude when you win 28 GW in a row then start fighting OP opponents "du jour au lendemain" there's definitely something wrong. At least they could have notify us of any change.

I have won 50 in a row. Some very difficult, some very easy. I have fought teams way higher than me and beat them.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Here's a fact :

the day after I got myself a new 7* unit this weekend (my 4th one in total roster) GW became MUCH MORE difficult, like I can't even compare the runs from before to the recent ones I'm getting.

Also, I was certain that we were matched with other GW teams people used to beat their nodes. Someone in chat took a screenie and they got matched with me, and it was my ARENA team.

So we have to beat Arena level top teams on nodes ~5-12, but we dont have 7 arena-level teams to account for deaths on the way. Nor the credits to level everyone to 70 just to not get penalty on level difference.

Speculation: as the levels open to 80 and over, GW will become more difficult. People won't have the credit to level up an entire roster to 80, but they will level their arena teams at least. So our 1 arena team must find a way to beat without losses 5-6 teams. That's the challenge.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    The good luck: During my GW today, was letting some CDs refresh and Lumis lead heal my team. Boba was the last enemy. I killed him and he revived 5 times. Hahahahaha. 5. That's awesome. He had a different scream every death, and I laughed the whole time. Let me refresh my CDs nicely.

The Bad Luck: Got my **** handed to me in Arena. All Jedi team, its fun as hell. No complaints, just a real **** kicking today. Top 50, but no 20 today. Nice defence today AI. Nice defence. Oh well.

The Ugly Luck: Opened an 8 pack today. 3x shard for my Royal Guard. Doesn't matter. They don't register anyways, and its really just 1x shards. As if RG wasn't bad enough, I can't even have all the shards they force on me. W/E. **** you Royal Guard.

So how about it? What's your luck?
  • Options
    Gee, just a bad day for you. You opened the chromium pack at your own risk though. They are usually full of regret and disappointment. Lower your expectations.
  • Options
    I posted about it but I'm still happy so I'll share here too lol. I had that gut feeling to buy a pack and I did and I had many crappy shards but got a few for QGJ who is working his way and was needed and I unlocked obi wan. I am ecstatic lol. Of obtainable toons he was the one I wanted most.
  • Options
    ****, thats real nice. A obi wan just in time for the event. Great pull
  • Options
    @MasterJarJar Hahaha. You bet ya. And I will continue to open them. I've got Maul, Old Ben, 5* Fisto, etc. You win some and lose some right? hahaha.

Trust me, I'm not complaining. Just tossing out today's luck
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Darth_Katsumoto That's awesome. Congrats. I really like Old Ben. I recently unlocked him in an 8 pack a few days ago. Leveled, geared and in my Jedi arena team.
  • Options
    I am trying to resist the trap that I hear Ackbar screaming in my head cause I'm at 40 or so of obi wan from last packs lol. I'm very tempted. A 5* obi would be my best light side toon at the moment. But I seriously doubt I can afford however many packs that would take.
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good luck last night, attacked an area person who ended up having the same team, bad luck initially as his poe went first but I ended up just winning to take first shortly before 6pm.

Team was poe, phasma, kylo, FOTP and poggle

dd0d02e929b617ab5c2c8d01ecbb715e.jpg

Times like this I really want an in game message function so I can message someone telling them how fun the fight was!
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Darth_Katsumoto Hahahahaha. Same here, though I only have 30/65 for 5* Ben. Unlike you though, I can't resist the urge. Those ARE the card packs I'm looking for..... Hahaha
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    Hahahahaha. Same here, though I only have 30/65 for 5* Ben. Unlike you though, I can't resist the urge. Those ARE the card packs I'm looking for..... Hahaha

Ackbar said to tell you "it's a trap!" Lol. But uhhhh....lemme know what you pull lmao
  • Options
    @Wazlinski Awesome. Nice job grabbing first. A little jealous, but Grandmaster Yoda is coming (hopefully). Jedi rule :smile:
  • Options
    I posted about it but I'm still happy so I'll share here too lol. I had that gut feeling to buy a pack and I did and I had many crappy shards but got a few for QGJ who is working his way and was needed and I unlocked obi wan. I am ecstatic lol. Of obtainable toons he was the one I wanted most.

Obi is great....but unless you're willing to spend a grand on packs be happy with a 5* ben.