GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Mako482 wrote: »
    I posted about it but I'm still happy so I'll share here too lol. I had that gut feeling to buy a pack and I did and I had many crappy shards but got a few for QGJ who is working his way and was needed and I unlocked obi wan. I am ecstatic lol. Of obtainable toons he was the one I wanted most.

Obi is great....but unless you're willing to spend a grand on packs be happy with a 5* ben.

Yeah 5* will have to do me until he is farmable lol.
  • Options
    I have lost three arena matches in three days, and all three started out with my Poe advantage being taken and then the tide simply turning against me due to like 3/4 of my attacks failing and/or ridiculous enemy crits or Phasma leader procs. I mean they werent even really close even when I had a very clear advantage.

Funny you mention the never ending Boba revives. The closest finish I had in a successful GW run was when I was down to my last few C team 2* gear VI guys and only the enemy Boba was left and he revived at least five times. If he had revived one or two more times, my GW would have been done :o
  • Options
    The bad luck: lost every Poe coin flip in arena today (9 of the 10 had Poe). I still won about half, but ended up lower than usual.

The good luck: I've been averaging 6 Rey shards the last 3 days :)
  • Options
    skarroo11 wrote: »
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    Lvl 70 F2P beat GW every time since the beginning, facing sometimes teams 5+ level above me or multiple Whales.
    It's not hard, it just takes time to find the perfect RNG in the current GW form.

@Rogerfan I tried everything even with 3 healers 7*Lumi 6*Daka 5*JC i still can't beat them right now.
    Most teams in GW got POE and my QCJ is still 4* unfortunately.

Poe is a blessing in GW as you just throw 1st levels first and he sucks later on when his taunt isn't on

• Options
    Hey Guys, someone know how GW work?
    been 3 days in a row that i can't pass the 7th fight!!!!
    I have ridiculous opponents... By exemple:
    Im level 52 with my 5 toons level 52 around 4 stars and gear level 5-6 (Phasma/Sid/Lumi/JC/Luke) and my 6th fight today were level 59-60 5-6 stars opponent... half my attack were missing the target... wth?

That's normal?
  • Options
    Yes it is. High difficulty. It's like walking into an area where you need to be lvl 60 and you are still lvl 59. It's a wall. You can overcome this by getting a better main team and work on some B-teams or cannon fodder.
    There are guides here if you can scroll through all the QQ topics about Poe or other nerf topics.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    So yesterday I had one of the most difficult GW that I was actually able to complete. Today I had one of the easiest I've ever played and I didn't even have to retreat once. The matchmaking is so weird.
  • Options
    hi bro
    Looking your roster, I instantaly saw something wrong...
    I know that have new toons is really nice, but they're weak at 4 or 3 stars. Like, I could see that you're farming lumi and phasma at the same time on GW and I don't know why you stopped to farming fives to get poe and daka.
    The point is; you really have nice toons, but they're weak yet. You need to have focus on get toons at 7 stars and max gear, if you just continue to get new toons you'll not be able to get focus on farming strong toons. And of course, farming that ones that'll compose your A team.
  • Options
    Not one.

By the time I get to the 6-th fight, even if I have my main team perfect health, I face teams 5+ lvls over me, with purple gear (I don't have purple gear....).

Even at full health this is impossible. Their higher lvls mean they crit dodge and resist constantly, can 1-2 hit KO anyone on my team, and fully heal at will.

This is impossible.... Not challenging, impossible.

=\
  • Options
    Used to clear GW no problem with my A and B teams. Now suddenly halfway through I'm just getting chain after chain of level 68+ 7 star teams. Before I would only see them towards the tail end of GW, but now it's literally every battle after the halfway point.

• Options
    Who is your team? I complete GW every day except once (team was 6* 13 levels higher than me) on my apt account 100% f2p finished rank 12 arena usually rank 20-50 ED. 5 levels isn't very difficult.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I think recent GW is more difficult just level 70 start from half of battle and more one hit kill happen
  • Options
    Not one.

By the time I get to the 6-th fight, even if I have my main team perfect health, I face teams 5+ lvls over me, with purple gear (I don't have purple gear....).

Even at full health this is impossible. Their higher lvls mean they crit dodge and resist constantly, can 1-2 hit KO anyone on my team, and fully heal at will.

This is impossible.... Not challenging, impossible.

=\

Who told you it can be completed daily?
  • Options
    So?
  • Options
    When none of your hits land, and your team never resists or crits (which is odd, I have high crit rate in all other modes), it becomes impossible.

I often see 4-5 consecutive dodges and higher than 50% crit on their side.

My only decent toon is a 5* ventress and a 4* geonosian. Also use 3* counsular (been wasting so much energy trying to farm for 4* but didnt get ANY shards in the last 2 days).
    Other than that I got a 4* Talia and 4* chewy I sometimes replace with a 4* initiate.
    All gear lvl V (except Geonosian and initiate, gear lvl VI).

All lvl 51 (my max).
    Zero chance.
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HaraLucas wrote: »
    hi bro
    Looking your roster, I instantaly saw something wrong...
    I know that have new toons is really nice, but they're weak at 4 or 3 stars. Like, I could see that you're farming lumi and phasma at the same time on GW and I don't know why you stopped to farming fives to get poe and daka.
    The point is; you really have nice toons, but they're weak yet. You need to have focus on get toons at 7 stars and max gear, if you just continue to get new toons you'll not be able to get focus on farming strong toons. And of course, farming that ones that'll compose your A team.

Not sure if you are referring to me but the roster in the OP is pretty outdated. Here is my new one. I haven't had nearly as much trouble in GW lately since doing across the board upgrades.

Fives I got from bronzium and Poe I got as a gift. I farmed Daka to unlock and for the DS missions and as a backup healer for GW. Right now I'm farming QGJ in cantina and he is 4* 61/65. I'll probably switch to 5* Poe and then continue with QGJ. I kind of regret farming Phasma to 6* at this point since I barely use her anymore and she is about to be nerfed.

Mace I rushed to unlock and 5* for the upcoming event and I think he'll be good after his buff. I just hope I can get to lvl 69 fast enough to 5* Barriss.

IrhQD3Y.jpg

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Today's GW, so far, has been a cakewalk, except for one reason. I keep having to retreat from the battle on my last attack due to one person being in the red zone. This happened on battles 3, 5, 6 & 7 so far. I know I can just finish and move on but then that character will be taken out on the first attack.

This one was the most annoying as I knew Lumi was ready to go next and her heal was ready but I Rey's smallest hit would take out Chewy.

IwG2tj2.jpg
  • Options
    I was under the impression we should be able to finish daily since we reset daily. With careful strategy tho, as errors happen and I sometimes have to retreat and try again. That's fine, I figured that's the challenging part.
  • Options
    SlyKrysis wrote: »
    Used to clear GW no problem with my A and B teams. Now suddenly halfway through I'm just getting chain after chain of level 68+ 7 star teams. Before I would only see them towards the tail end of GW, but now it's literally every battle after the halfway point.

Do you have a team of all 7*?
  • Options
    The hard part about gw is that lumi makes it easier but you have to get tokens from gw in order to get lumi.

At least for me gw has turned into a time wasting rng fest where i keep repeating to get the best stun and dodge rng.
  • Options
    Try fighting through 5 or 6 teams that are 7* fully geared. I'm talking about QGJ/Rey/FOTP teams as well as the usual Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Kylo groups.

I'm fine not being able to clear it once in a while, but how can I even get close with this kind of a match up pattern?
  • Options
    3 days ago I commented in another thread that I was finishing it daily with 5-7 characters, retreat and change strategy. The last 2 days I've been unable to complete. Today isn't looking good. Guess it's time to build actual B and C teams. Suck because GW is a good source of Credits and purple Ability Materials. Oh well, it's a yield, not a stop.
  • Options
    Yeah it happens. Today I keep running into high level Phasma teams, who are consistently proccing his assist. It's extremely annoying
  • Options
    It is now FAR more challenging, though not impossible. It takes a deep bench of characters at your max level that are geared and starred up. I have 22 level 70's, 7 of which are 7*, 5 are 6* and 18 are in purple gear, but I've failed to finish the last fight twice in the past week and that was with me doing restarts and trying multiple combinations every time a fight didn't go as well as I'd like.

There is a lot of variabilty, with some days being completed without much of a struggle and other days, every fight is tough, i'm restarting by the second round and I am unable to finish 12 no matter what I do. Those days are extremely irritating.

It used to be that they were always a cake walk until around 7, then 8,9,10 were the hump, with 9 usually being the toughest and 11 and 12 being a little easier, but that is no longer holding true. Now I find that, on a bad day, I have to pay attention within the first 3 fights to keep from wasting a resource and I face truly tough teams by 6 or 7 and there is no hump with me facing hard hitting full 7* max gear characters for fights 9-12. That's what happened today and on the 12th fight I had them down to 3 toons and ran out of attackers to field.

If you have Barriss, Lumi and Sid. A barriss lead 3 healer team with 2 high damage dealers can help, but, for me at least, won't carry you all the way through the way it used to if you get enough rough teams in a row. Also having a Phasma/Poe team can get you through a really tough match up (or two if you can keep Poe alive) when you start having trouble.

It's very challenging, very frustrating when you get loaded up with 7* purple gear high damage toons, but it is doable. I actually think the latest updates have made it too difficult, but it is what it is. Keep working on the depth of your bench and try to not let it get to you.

Good luck
  • Options
    Meet lvl 70 full star in half
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Today's GW, so far, has been a cakewalk, except for one reason. I keep having to retreat from the battle on my last attack due to one person being in the red zone. This happened on battles 3, 5, 6 & 7 so far. I know I can just finish and move on but then that character will be taken out on the first attack.

This one was the most annoying as I knew Lumi was ready to go next and her heal was ready but I Rey's smallest hit would take out Chewy.

IwG2tj2.jpg

This is why I wish there was a 'Defend' action for characters you don't want to attack with.
  • Options
    But.. I don't have a large roster. =\

So I won't be able to finish a single GW until I collect a few more toons and boost them?

So basically pay $$$$ or wait several weeks, months even before I can finish 1? -_-
    Don't like it.
  • Options
    Doesn't help that they target my healer for 95% of their attacks, and completely ignore my high health toons when they're not taunting....
  • Options
    But.. I don't have a large roster. =\

So I won't be able to finish a single GW until I collect a few more toons and boost them?

So basically pay $$$$ or wait several weeks, months even before I can finish 1? -_-
    Don't like it.

I wouldn't say a huge roster but definitely 10-12 leveled and geared toons. The rest can be used as sacrifices.

• Options
    The weaker toons are useless.
    AI completely ignores them..... So basically its a wasted slot and the rest of my team takes more hits.