GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Hmm, maybe you arent facing the same type of guys that i am. I face fully 7* teams starting at battle 7 or so and it gets tough
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Captain Phasma (Leader)
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Consular
    Luminara
    Chewbacca

This is my primary team I win GW everyday and they are all farmable for F2P players.

What lvl are you and star lvl for your guys? That seems like a mediocre team as i have that but poe, poggle, or dooku instead of chewy

I find Chewie to be great in GW. He can self heal regularly.

My team (Found GW easy at first, than shortly after the 01/28 update, I kept facing higher lvl teams, some times up to 12 levels above me, now it seems far easier... I'm on a 12 win streak):
    6* gear 6 Luminara (Leader)
    5* gear 7 JC
    5* gear 6 Darth Sidious
    4* gear 6 Talia
    4* gear 6 Chewie

All of these toons can heal themselves. I find that quite useful.
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe you arent facing the same type of guys that i am. I face fully 7* teams starting at battle 7 or so and it gets tough

It varies but I do have alot of suicide squads and B, C, and D teams, but honestly for the last 2 weeks I haven't had to use them very much. I seldom face anything higher than a level 68 team. Couldn't tell you why.
  • Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    Captain Phasma (Leader)
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Consular
    Luminara
    Chewbacca

This is my primary team I win GW everyday and they are all farmable for F2P players.

What lvl are you and star lvl for your guys? That seems like a mediocre team as i have that but poe, poggle, or dooku instead of chewy

My team (Found GW easy at first, than shortly after the 01/28 update, I kept facing higher lvl teams, some times up to 12 levels above me, now it seems far easier... I'm on a 12 win streak):
    5* gear 7 JC
    5* gear 6 Darth Sidious
    4* gear 6 Talia
    4* gear 6 Chewie

Chewbacca is great in GW if you just save his taunt for when your healers heals are on cooldown he'll save your whole team. Plus he can seld heal too.
  • Options
    I've had two days in a row now where I'm struggling to get past the sixth battle, every battle is lvl 68-70 purple gear top arena style teams, and I'm only at 64 with purple gear. Getting really frustrating.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Captain Phasma (Leader)
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Consular
    Luminara
    Chewbacca

5* gear 7 JC
    5* gear 6 Darth Sidious
    4* gear 6 Talia
    4* gear 6 Chewie

It varies but I do have alot of suicide squads and B, C, and D teams, but honestly for the last 2 weeks I haven't had to use them very much. I seldom face anything higher than a level 68 team. Couldn't tell you why.

You guys will understand when you get to lvl 70 and face hard teams starting on round 6. Now you have it good facing easier teams.

I think it will progressively get slightly easier as i obtain more and better upgraded characters but it is tough
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Captain Phasma (Leader)
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Consular
    Luminara
    Chewbacca

5* gear 7 JC
    5* gear 6 Darth Sidious
    4* gear 6 Talia
    4* gear 6 Chewie

You guys will understand when you get to lvl 70 and face hard teams starting on round 6. Now you have it good facing easier teams.

I think it will progressively get slightly easier as i obtain more and better upgraded characters but it is tough

I've been level 70 for awhile and have quite a few level 70s and a ton of level 60s too.

SCQL0kC.png

UX9NwfE.png
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that after 26 consecutive clears of GW that my whole A team dies in the third battle. Their lineup was lvl 70 7* purple gear phasma, 70 7* purp gear Kyle ren, 67 6* purp gear dooku, 69 7* barriss and a 64 5* darth Vader. I'm a level 66, what the actual **** is wrong with the matchmaking. This is the 3RD BATTLE.
  • Options
    I also had a really easy time with GW but once I hit 69 it has become extremely hard to beat. By the 5th or 6th round I am facing all 7 star fully geared Lvl 70 teams. I can take a few of them down, but I have yet to get the whole way through the remaining 6 rounds of fully geared Lvl 70 teams. It would be interesting to know how they determine whom you play, because it is never weaker toons at Lvl 70. It is always Sid or Luma or FoTP, etc.
  • Options
    Sounds like you should have retreated.
  • Options
    Sounds like you should have retreated.

I would've but my last 3 characters got killed before I had that option.
  • Options
    Captain Phasma (Leader)
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Consular
    Luminara
    Chewbacca

5* gear 7 JC
    5* gear 6 Darth Sidious
    4* gear 6 Talia
    4* gear 6 Chewie

I've been level 70 for awhile and have quite a few level 70s and a ton of level 60s too.

SCQL0kC.png

UX9NwfE.png

Well i did just realize today that the suicide squad still works, so i am not in position to say GW is hard since i just used my suicide squad and beat it like i normally do. I guess that was why it was so hard for me, but it should be easier now
  • Options
    Lmao
  • Options
    Now I am just trying to get 400 credits per day from GW. The mismatch is killing me...
  • Options
    Not sure if it is only me or happening for others. For last two days I was able to complete the GW but today the GW is extremely hard. From 2nd round itself the opponents are much higher than me. I am at level 54, and in 4th round my opponent is of level 63.
  • Options
    Probably just a bad roll. Mine was easier today than usual. I didn't have to touch my b squad.
  • Options
    Mine was really easy and took my only 22-25 minutes. I am fresh lvl 70 with only 2x7*.
  • Options
    No ****. I am 58 with just 3x5* heroes, others being 4*.
    27RKV.png
    7* 65 lvl, seriously?
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me. Like 4 rounds in a row were level 70's with max starred. First GW lost in a long time. :(
    | Level 73 | Power 28,729 | Rank #51-100 | Ally Code: 672-379-838 | Member of The New Rebellion |
  • Options
    I personally noticed an increase of difficulty between 55-59. Then 60-64ish it starts to get easier and you hit your last hard spike from 65-69 then once you hit 70 it gets easy again. I'm level 70 and have beaten my GW pretty easily since hitting 70.
  • Options
    I started hitting 7* level 70 teams at battle 6, after weeks of full clearing I only reach battle 11 witbout beating it today.

Hopefully something hits resets and tmr I'll be okay
  • Options
    Shiasat wrote: »
    I personally noticed an increase of difficulty between 55-59. Then 60-64ish it starts to get easier and you hit your last hard spike from 65-69 then once you hit 70 it gets easy again. I'm level 70 and have beaten my GW pretty easily since hitting 70.

For me different, late 40's on I was seeing LVL 60 maxed(cap was 60 at the time)

At 70 I typically battle a minimum of 10 LVL 70 purple all 7* the other 2 might have some 67-69 tossed on maybe a 6* or 2, still purple.
  • Options
    Some days are harder than others but just use the retreat function and change the characters around a bit. Helps me clear GW each day
  • Options
    Definitely something had changed for me too (one more indicator for a stealth buff of GW difficulty will follow with my next sentences).
    I am level 67, but due to latest GW forum discussion some weeks ago I have stopped leveling up my A team and have focused to increased my roaster in general by collecting as much as shards currency as possible (let us not elaborate here if this is a smart decision or I am rather a donkey...).
    Means for let us roughly consider a full month my conditions have neither changed in Arena Ranking nor in the level of my five best characters (3x LV40 and 2x LV35, max. 4* and A-RNK best of 2500). I was able to complete GW with a high rate, let us say 90% of the time.
    Since 2 days (let us call up now the first conspiracy theory factor, same as other players have perceived) I feel from node 7 the difficulty due to the pairing of matchmaking has significantly increased.
    As with my best characters on LV40max I am paired as of now with LV55 (15 LV's above my best character) starting from node 7.
    I have observed, that opponents selection is apparently matching a similar criteria as my pairing at the arena from node 7 ongoing (which if I remember it was the case before perhaps happening at the last 4-3 nodes).
    Again, please do not understand this as call in disappointment rather a subjective display of a observation fact based to unite our mutual understanding if a stealth buff of GW difficulty per different matchmaking selection could have happened or probably we perceive a higher degree on difficulty as an speed changed occurred (here also stealth type(?), as previously we understood that the turn is defined by RND tick speed tiers, but I have seen noticed that the tiers are not relevant anymore...).
    Would be good to have some more feedback on this comrades.
  • Options
    Its getting worse and worse. Still haven't beat a single GW since the first one I did.

Not only is it a crit/resist/dodge-fest, AND they seem to focus all their attacks on the only characters I need (meaning suicide fodder gets completely ignored and tanks NEVER get hit unless they taunt), but now this:

On the 5th battle, I'm already facing foes with 10+ lvls than me, decked out in purple gear (I don't have purple gear yet....), with a 7* with them (I just got my first 5*).

This is overkill..... On the 5th battle mind you!

Its impossible to beat. Retried 5 times, each time they kill 1 or two of my toons (always the healer) before I can even move, and dodge 50% of my hits.
    ONCE I thought I MIGHT have a chance, then they consecutively dodge my 2 biggest hitters and proceed to fully heal their whole team.... -_-

I even saw savage deal 9999 damage, when I'm at a point where 2k DMG is a lot.

Common now, this is just impossible.... Not challenging - impossible.

• Options
    There should be an option not to level up, and max out your toons before proceeding to the next level, that way everyone has a fair playing field. But GW is a different beast on its own, I was level 54 facing 65's i felt like I was trying to eat rice with chop sticks.
  • Options
    LandonAero wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me. Like 4 rounds in a row were level 70's with max starred. First GW lost in a long time. :(

Same
  • Options
    Mine is way easy today. Not even use my whole A team to pass.
  • Options
    Some days are harder than others but just use the retreat function and change the characters around a bit. Helps me clear GW each day

Yeah its the only way. Yesterday was nails for me - took about 1.5 hrs in total of retreats / retries against 1 particular 70/7star team from hell. Hopefully will get a kinder roll of the dice today!
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The opposite place to heaven is considered a swear word? Hahaha... This place.