star wars force arena

Replies

• Options
    Ring wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates

True. But even upon launch GoH had a lot more to offer than FA does right now. I think the biggest mistake they made is not adding a single-player mode. There should be a series of missions that would not only let you get more familiar with particular units (right now it's pretty much a trial-and-error game to figure out how to best utilize each unit) but also let the player unlock new units and heroes.

GoH made it through its first year just fine. I don't think FA will even make it that far. It just doesn't have enough to offer.

It's clash Royale with Star Wars IP - it will appeal to real time pvp people the most
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Stormy wrote: »
    War wrote: »
    My only gripe about the game is the pack opening process. When I realized I couldn't open my packs right away, I was a little disappointed. But after some thought I realized if you could, you could just farm that game for hours and jump ahead of everyone.

Then I realized you could only open one pack at a time, and that gripe came back, but again I realized you could just win five times and open five booster at once x hours later. Then I went to bed with a full inventory of boosters, and in the morning only one was available to open.

I excused the first two gripes after some thought as to why they were set up that way, but not automatically starting up a new pack when one finishes, that's too far. I only log onto this game three times a day, and two of those are only for a few minutes to collect bonus energy and check Fleet Shipments and Guild Shipments. Force arena wants me to log on every 2-4 hours, come on.

Unless I play Force Arena 24/7 I'll never stand a chance at being competitive and that's highly disappointing. I've already been matched against people that clearly had been buying boosters since their units tore through mine like paper. Imagine in a few weeks when even totally F2P players are stomping on me, because I only really play once or twice day.

Now that that's out of way, anyone know how to get unique and legendary cards? Besides buying that overpriced booster pack?

Do the missions and quests- button at top right corner- make sure to "collect" to see the next quest

There are missions and quests in the top right corner? I'm about to feel really dumb when I log onto it today, aren't I, lol.

Yea :)
  • Options
    I got to pick any hero and got Kallus since he had the best stats. Don't get him, I hear Ezra is much better. Also if anyone is looking for a guild on it join orderofren
  • Options
    I got to pick any hero and got Kallus since he had the best stats. Don't get him, I hear Ezra is much better. Also if anyone is looking for a guild on it join orderofren

as far as characters go it seems like rouge one are all so op in this

was playing against chaze n chir with boba n palpatine they take little to do no dmg but can kill you in seconds

• Options
    Osik wrote: »
    force arena is like clash royale, each map is 2 lanes with a turret you have to kill, then a turret and the shield, its pretty basic...

Yep it's just like that.

But you're playing in real time against an opponent. It's muuuch more active that goh, during a match.

GOH is like playing chess(and the arena is like playing speed chess).

Force arena is like playing... uh ping-pong or something active that still requires strategy.
  • BrodaStrikesBack
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No other games gtho wrong forum
  • Options
    I tried it. Didn't care much for it. Looks good though.
  • Options
    Join my guild orderofren
  • Options
    Join orderofren if you are looking for a guild in Star Wars force arena to help you get started
  • Options
    No other games gtho wrong forum

Just asking opinions of what the people that play this game think of it chill
  • Options
    SnakesOnAPlane is keeping an eye out for those pesky infidels spreading the heresy about false gods.
    Force Arena is a bad game Don't play it.
    Am I a good corporation puppy now?
    Do you love me now, daddy?
    Also drink PEPSI. DRIVE AUDI. Shop at amazon. Don't get married. Beans are bad for your stomach. Buy FROM LOCAL FARMERS.
  • Options
    So far the games great i hope we get some of the characters they have over here
  • Options
    Playing chess?
    Really? Chess?
    Have you played chess?
    The skill, the knowledge.
    Game costing 5$.

Ohh, You mean Turn based. Right.
    Well 21st century it is.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates

True. But even upon launch GoH had a lot more to offer than FA does right now. I think the biggest mistake they made is not adding a single-player mode. There should be a series of missions that would not only let you get more familiar with particular units (right now it's pretty much a trial-and-error game to figure out how to best utilize each unit) but also let the player unlock new units and heroes.

GoH made it through its first year just fine. I don't think FA will even make it that far. It just doesn't have enough to offer.

There is a practice mode where you can try out new units. Even though you can't unlock new stuff there, the game is meant to be competitive. Not something that you can just do on your own. Also, if you could unlock new stuff without competing, it wouldn't be fair to the other people in your tier who would be way behind you.
  • Options
    ^ ROTF!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

There is a practice mode where you can try out new units. Even though you can't unlock new stuff there, the game is meant to be competitive. Not something that you can just do on your own. Also, if you could unlock new stuff without competing, it wouldn't be fair to the other people in your tier who would be way behind you.
    [/quote

But in the 50 or so games i've played it seems to be very pub-stompish as buying the better hero's/having higher cards will give you an edge against 1 n 2 tier opponents I was tier 3 empire and lost all my rank to leia and luke or han and leia, as far as meta goes you wait until you have 10 energy call in 2-3 troops then bomb the opposing teams troops

Heck i've seen luke able to take out full hp turrets by himself
  • Options
    Force daddy free me
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I do hope that once this game is firmly on its feet they'll add more content to it. Something along the lines of PVE content you could do for lesser rewards, but would allow you to play your favorite characters that just aren't good enough for competitive.

I could see maybe a survival mode, or maybe an adventure mode similar to the tutorial you did with Luke Skywalker.
  • Options
    It's another company's product, period. If you owned a business, would you want it's forums getting spammed about a competitor?
    I do own a business and if my forums ever get spammed with information about a competitor I'd sit down and think really hard about what I'm doing wrong.
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    PS: And this force thingy game is pretty lousy indeed
  • Options
    Did not like it that much. I don't think it could ever steal from the player base of swgoh at all.
  • Options
    Did not like it that much. I don't think it could ever steal from the player base of swgoh at all.
    I wouldn't go that far, disgruntled players of SWGOH could go off to force arena. Me personally, no.
    Also you can't just think about current player base, but new players will be diverted too. Less new players = less growth for SWGOH.
    Hopefully this will "force" the devs to be more generous than two Dathcha shards and 800 credits when it comes to rewards, for the sake of player retention.
  • Options
    On commission, @SnakesOnAPlane? I don't think EA will go broke...
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Its a game with potential plus you get to use Luke with a lightsaber, the grand inquisitor and Krennic from the start.

You also have access to characters from the rebels tv show which I really like. You are also not blocked from Rogue One characters and can have access to them, which since its the current film it is quite important to be able to use characters from it.

I play Goh because Im a huge fan of Star Wars and wanted to play a Star Wars game on my phone. The best part of GoH is collecting characters, if another game does that better than thats the game I will play.
  • Options
    I actually downloaded and played it for a while (30 minutes), and deleted it.

Don't like the way of battle, I am a fun with STG, not ACT
  • Options
    Doesn't give you enough information about your opponent, so you don't know whether you are bad, or he just outlevels you.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Doesn't give you enough information about your opponent, so you don't know whether you are bad, or he just outlevels you.

True, atleast until after the match when you can check his deck info.
  • Velocitious
    276 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates, whales paying money, and tons of players. Force arena literally just launched and has a lot of room to grow (separatist and republic factions anyone?)

Probably not going to happen because the game is Rebels vs Empire. Separatists and Republic characters won't appear in the game unless the developers made it Light Side vs Dark Side instead. I still don't know why Boba Fett, Dengar, and Bossk are "Empire" though, unless I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, I've spent more than 12 hours playing Force Arena and overall, the game is great. They still need to add more contents and features like tournaments, leaderboards, etc. I mostly play as Rebels because Empire is weak and not that frightening when you encounter them. Also, the Empire needs more leaders as the Rebels has more. For beginners, if you're going to play as Empire, I recommend not to use Krennic because he is barely strong, unless you get lucky with him and win.
  • Options
    So every body quits this game to play the new other game?
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    have some similarity to clash royale.