star wars force arena

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Please do us a favor and promote another game on its own forum, or in other means aside from EA/CG's forums.

There are probably some people here who would like it who wouldnt know about it otherwise
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Please do us a favor and promote another game on its own forum, or in other means aside from EA/CG's forums.

There are probably some people here who would like it who wouldnt know about it otherwise

That is good and all but how about using the search function instead if opening the 4th thread in 2 days.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

That is good and all but how about using the search function instead if opening the 4th thread in 2 days.

Cant search for a game you dont know about
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    He is telling the OP to do a search, who obviously knows about the game. There have been a bunch of these threads already.

• Options
    It looks interesting, but i hate playing games where i have to physically move my character on my phone. Would rather play games like that on a PC.
  • Options
    I ultimately see folks getting warned from Mods for promoting another company's product here. Rightfully so.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

/micdrop
  • Options
    made a guild for SWGoH guildies (Intergalactic Space Slugs), but as many won't be playing the game I do welcome other SWGoH players. Guild is SpaceSlugs, join us if you like
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    I ultimately see folks getting warned from Mods for promoting another company's product here. Rightfully so.

It's a pretty lame game, but common intellectual property. Don't think ea is in a position to tell anyone they own star wars or otherwise detract from anything star wars.
  • Options
    Its ok but not a ton to do in the game.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Here is what I was suggesting. Apologies for not being specific enough.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    He is telling the OP to do a search, who obviously knows about the game. There have been a bunch of these threads already.
    I could only bump 3
    eYc2hWN.jpg
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    Eh..
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    Eh.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    They appeal to different kinds of players.

However i think its worth noting that when goh first launched, there wasn't much to do either. Force Arena has a lot of room to grow
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    This game already takes a lot of time to complete daily achievements so I will not take a look at the other one now.
  • Options
    Maybe it'll give this game some competition? Maybe they'll treat us better so we don't leave?

*by treat us better, I mean ease the gear farm...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »

It's a pretty lame game, but common intellectual property. Don't think ea is in a position to tell anyone they own star wars or otherwise detract from anything star wars.

It's another company's product, period. If you owned a business, would you want it's forums getting spammed about a competitor?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    force arena is like clash royale, each map is 2 lanes with a turret you have to kill, then a turret and the shield, its pretty basic...
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    as for rebels it does seem to matter seeing how they get a sentry gun while empire is more trap based

Actually the units and gadgets appear to be identical for both sides. I played as Imps (obviously, would never choose to play as Rebel scum) and had a sentry turret in my inventory.
  • Options
    This game will be fine for the moment anyway, because force arena has several bugs, some of which make the game completely unplayable. I myself got one that I can get around but is really annoying, and another that heavily bars progress.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Netmarble is far better developer than EA/CG, not so greedy and more customer friendly. Buy the way, found people from Team Instinct in Force Arena :)
  • Options
    I tried it and didn't like it much at all to be honest.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Im going to give it a try over the weekend.

I probably won't have enough time to play both on work days, so which ever one is the best will see my time through the week.
  • Options
    I couldn't get the right accuracy of movement on the phone so got **** at higher levels

It's not rocket surgery.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    My only gripe about the game is the pack opening process. When I realized I couldn't open my packs right away, I was a little disappointed. But after some thought I realized if you could, you could just farm that game for hours and jump ahead of everyone.

Then I realized you could only open one pack at a time, and that gripe came back, but again I realized you could just win five times and open five booster at once x hours later. Then I went to bed with a full inventory of boosters, and in the morning only one was available to open.

I excused the first two gripes after some thought as to why they were set up that way, but not automatically starting up a new pack when one finishes, that's too far. I only log onto this game three times a day, and two of those are only for a few minutes to collect bonus energy and check Fleet Shipments and Guild Shipments. Force arena wants me to log on every 2-4 hours, come on.

Unless I play Force Arena 24/7 I'll never stand a chance at being competitive and that's highly disappointing. I've already been matched against people that clearly had been buying boosters since their units tore through mine like paper. Imagine in a few weeks when even totally F2P players are stomping on me, because I only really play once or twice day.

Now that that's out of way, anyone know how to get unique and legendary cards? Besides buying that overpriced booster pack?
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    War wrote: »
    My only gripe about the game is the pack opening process. When I realized I couldn't open my packs right away, I was a little disappointed. But after some thought I realized if you could, you could just farm that game for hours and jump ahead of everyone.

Then I realized you could only open one pack at a time, and that gripe came back, but again I realized you could just win five times and open five booster at once x hours later. Then I went to bed with a full inventory of boosters, and in the morning only one was available to open.

I excused the first two gripes after some thought as to why they were set up that way, but not automatically starting up a new pack when one finishes, that's too far. I only log onto this game three times a day, and two of those are only for a few minutes to collect bonus energy and check Fleet Shipments and Guild Shipments. Force arena wants me to log on every 2-4 hours, come on.

Unless I play Force Arena 24/7 I'll never stand a chance at being competitive and that's highly disappointing. I've already been matched against people that clearly had been buying boosters since their units tore through mine like paper. Imagine in a few weeks when even totally F2P players are stomping on me, because I only really play once or twice day.

Now that that's out of way, anyone know how to get unique and legendary cards? Besides buying that overpriced booster pack?

Do the missions and quests- button at top right corner- make sure to "collect" to see the next quest
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    as for rebels it does seem to matter seeing how they get a sentry gun while empire is more trap based

Actually the units and gadgets appear to be identical for both sides. I played as Imps (obviously, would never choose to play as Rebel scum) and had a sentry turret in my inventory.

i've mostly been getting stun nades n poison nades
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates, whales paying money, and tons of players. Force arena literally just launched and has a lot of room to grow (separatist and republic factions anyone?)
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    When comparing these two games for their quality, keep in mind that swgoh has had over a year of updates

True. But even upon launch GoH had a lot more to offer than FA does right now. I think the biggest mistake they made is not adding a single-player mode. There should be a series of missions that would not only let you get more familiar with particular units (right now it's pretty much a trial-and-error game to figure out how to best utilize each unit) but also let the player unlock new units and heroes.

GoH made it through its first year just fine. I don't think FA will even make it that far. It just doesn't have enough to offer.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    War wrote: »

Do the missions and quests- button at top right corner- make sure to "collect" to see the next quest

There are missions and quests in the top right corner? I'm about to feel really dumb when I log onto it today, aren't I, lol.