Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    Fleokan wrote: »
    just want to point that i have 0 issues vs phoenix with my lando/boba/sth/biggs/luke squad

What level are you currently?
  • Options
    @Apotheosis 51, boba ab into sth taut into lando aoe into bigger lando aoe fueled by counterattacks on sth usually left 2-3 dead, just killing leftovers with biggs and luke
  • phrost
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I started recently and have been following this guide pretty closely. Currently 56, have lando/biggs/boba/jc/sthan. One thing to consider for right now is shards are full of nightsister teams (90%+) which are very very hard to beat with the team the guide suggests. They outspeed Boba (atleast they outspeed non-speed mod Boba), you can't avoid getting plagued, and they generally have Talia+Asajj whose healing together will easily allow them to soak Lando's aoe.

I generally fish for the phoenix teams in my shard rather than try to beat nightsisters. Granted I'm only around the 150 rank in arena but looking at the top 10 (5 nightsister, 3 phoenix, 1 chazewhale, 1 DN sith team) in my shard, I can't see it being very easy up there either.

I feel Phoenix start would have an easier time, but this is only early game at 56 and I don't know how rough it might be transitioning to something more useful once Phoenix starts to tail off in power (presumably 65/70+?)

EDIT: SWGOH reddit is having a very similar discussion right now on Phoenix vs classic rebels start for new players. Lots of good points there worth considering: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7b6320/swgoh_cmv_phoenix_are_not_a_good_starting_team/
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    To sum up everything I would suggest ppl read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7b6320/swgoh_cmv_phoenix_are_not_a_good_starting_team/?st=j9oujecm&sh=2fb05d00
    Overall: OP suggests to NOT use Phoenix. However once you read posts from ppl mentioned in his TL;DR it seems he is wrong. As it stands he is a player of the same experience as me, so he might have limited experience with Phoenix and is probably biased. Ppl he mentioned are players using Phoenix and being very supportive of them.
    Basically - Phoenix will let you finish GW much easier and reliable, are early game arena viable and unlock the biggest ammount of locked content (biggest bang for your buck). Most important is not to overinvest in them in mid game and transition to wiggs teams later on. Stopping farming at 5* for some Phoenix will be a necessity early on.
    Anyway - please read that thread and make your own decision since it's not definite. I forgot that GW starts at 40lvl so you don't have much time to farm Zeb, before fleet arena starts and Biggs becomes neccesary.
    In the end - as a f2p - I can say that it's a marathon, not a sprint, so it's very common that you will have to take some early loses to reap the benefits later on. So don't get discouraged if you have trouble in arenas or gw, that's part of the process.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Options
    Wow, folks on Reddit certainly like to play the role of armchair general. I browsed the thread, and it quickly became apparent to me that very few players were actually able to put objective data on the table.

It would be so easy to provide proof of the viability (or even superiority) of a Phoenix start. (Caveat: I'm not arguing against starting Phoenix, I'm just poking at the poor quality of the Reddit evidence.) It would look something like this:

"So I started Phoenix via a Zeb chromium pull. By hoarding energy and other rewards at level 27 for about four months, then ensuring I started on a fresh shard, I was able to take top 3 payout for the first six weeks of gameplay. Here's a screenshot of my squad at level 45 <....> and here's a snapshot of my shard at my payout <...>. There were lots of other types of teams, but because of my level and gear advantage, I was more than competitive.

Once I passed 45, I halted Phoenix farming at 5*, and started working on Biggs, TFP, etc. in preparation for fleet. I had my main pilots up to g6 at level 60, and had no problems taking top 5 payout daily.

I was able to unlock Baze at 3* by level 68, and Chirrut at 4* by level 70. I switched out of Phoenix to Wedge, Biggs, Chirrut, Baze, and Ezra. Thrawn's event came around shortly after, and I was able to get a 5* Thrawn who took the place of Ezra. As you can see, I had no problem taking top payout in my shard during my payout hour, even at level 75 <screenshot>."

etc. etc.

The fact that nobody's posted this type of evidence by now, is odd. Instead, all we see on Reddit are vague statements like, "It worked for me." What does that mean? Did you take 100th payout daily, or 20th, or 1st? How was fleet transition? How was midgame/endgame transition? Did you take a performance hit during the transition processes?

I'd love to see some actual quantified results.
  • Options
    Having well prepared account does not mean being at #1 easily. No pain no gain.

It depends a lot of things - we can't control: whales, trend of team, how many guys have prepared like us, start up rank at lv28 ( some guys spent lots of time to calculate in order to have top10 ) or fleet rank at lv60, how many accounts have the same payouts like us, how strong is our guild.

Preparing for a long time will give you more energies/ cantina energies/crystals, but be sure to have enough tickets and have strong allies to speed up lv.

• Options
    @Apotheosis A friend of mine is still grabbing top5 with Phoenix in level 77~80 range. I know that post CLS it won't be possible.

As for fleet, I've been running some accounts and the starter fleet is always been flooded with Executrix + Ghost/Phantom, it's really annoying because they have foresight and are somewhat tanky. Later people switch to Boba / Tie Fighters. It's the best setup in Fleet right now.

So Phoenix is still great, I would say even better than before because they got reworked a little bit.

Even if you pull Baze/Chirrut as Chromium, you can gear and use any of those as 5th until you unlock Kanan/Zeb. Then you bench and keep gearing until lvl 65~70 where you can switch to a rebel team with Ezra (Wiggs/Chaze/Ezra or EP as 5th, nice stuns.

As for Boba / Biggs, you can farm them to *5 together with Phoenix, you don't have to completely ignore them, because those ships are a must farm.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    @Apotheosis My testament for raw's team: I didn't hoard anything and found myself in 9+k place at level 28, with top teams 42 and above. Digged up my rank to 54 by level 51 following the guide (but i use luke instead of jc), 90% of my shard are nightsisters and i'm able to get those are poor geared/leveled quite often. I'd say there is 50/50 for equal level (mostly depend on boba ab mother and/or daka and Lando getting a good crits or no).
    There are quite a few phoenies around (i'd say there is 5%phoenixes and 5% for all other, including Raw teams. 90% nightsisters but most of them are 3-4 stars, i expect those to fall off soon) and i always try to pick them as they are way easier to do. Cause i invested a couple of mil into mods and got a 17 speed arrows for lando, boba and sth i'm usually winning vs other raw teams unlesss they are 5+ levels above
    For gw - i had some issues with it but last week i was able to constantly finish one althrought it usually requires to throw out my leftovers first on last couple of nodes
  • Options
    @Apotheosis I'm currently 82 on my iOS account and 75 on my Android account. I played 2 weeks on the iOS account before finding Raw's guide, since then I've followed it 90%+ on my journey. I've followed Raw's guide 100+ on the Android account. I started the game back in May/June (I think), and I've been reading/watching lots of other guides and people and still feel Raw's guide is most optimal.

On both accounts, I had difficulty with Phoenix teams in the 50s & 60s. Likewise, there was a period of time when GW was almost impossible. (Dooku punishes the "Raw start" until either Kylo is leveled/geared or you get Wiggs rolling.)

However, GW is easy, and I hunt for Phoenix or DN teams in arena. I've felt the key for both has been getting Biggs with good mods and his Comrade-in-Arms to level 8 (Cooldown of 2 is massive). My rebel team is all gear 9.

Until recently, I hovered in the 100-200 range for squad arena; I'm now climbing into the top 50. It'll be curious to see how far I can go.

I've only ever used Home One in fleet, but I never finish outside of top 10 in my payout, usually top 5.

I cannot see where Phoenix would have benefited me in my progression; I will be getting them myself after 85 (per the guide) only to unlock Thawn and such, but I cannot see them having any other use.
  • Options
    A lot of things depend who you have on your shard.

One thing with Phoenix as has been said earlier is they unlock things for you. The main thing being the ability to farm a 7 star Thrawn and get the Chimaera capital ship - that's a raid and OP squad arena stalwart as well as the current best Capital ship for Fleet Arena.
    The fleet arena is probably the least covered in Raw's original guide. He lists a few ships you get but they are not optimal ships in my opinion.

Optimal ships:
    Biggs, TFP, FOTP, Tie x1, Slave 1, Umbarran only hard farm here is the Tie Adv x1 as its a rare spot for shards.

Other ships not mentioned with amazing synergy with Optimal ships:
    Tie Reaper (replace Umbarran), Gauntlet, Bistans U wing, Cassians U wing

Other possible ships to use:
    Scimitar, Ghost, Phantom

If you farmed the optimal ships only you would have a top 10 fleet arena squad, using Tarkin until you can get Chimaera and Umbarran until you have Tie Reaper or possibly both Umbarran and Tie Reaper if you have no luck with getting x1 shards.

That's a very focused very effective team set up, note Wedge isn't there at all - good ship in a rebel setup but the above team wrecks rebel teams.

• Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am following this guide. But what capital ship should i use in fleet arena? Tarkin, Windu, Ackbar...?
    And do mods, gear and stars have any influence on the ships power?
  • Options
    Deantron wrote: »
    I am following this guide. But what capital ship should i use in fleet arena? Tarkin, Windu, Ackbar...?

Chimaera is the most powerful capital ship, then Tarkin, Then Ackbar and Mace is bottom of the pile just now.

Ackbar is good early game due to the immediate AoE, but once people are starring their ships this isn't as impactful and will fall off.

Everything impacts your ships stats, Star level of ship and pilot, their actual levels, Gear levels, Mod Pips and levels.
  • Options
    Windscale wrote: »

Chimaera is the most powerful capital ship, then Tarkin, Then Ackbar and Mace is bottom of the pile just now.

Ackbar is good early game due to the immediate AoE, but once people are starring their ships this isn't as impactful and will fall off.

Everything impacts your ships stats, Star level of ship and pilot, their actual levels, Gear levels, Mod Pips and levels.

Thank you for the information.
  • Options
    This Rebel/NS/Phoenix situation is like rock paper scissors :
    Rebel beat Pheonix quite easily
    Phoenix beat NS quite easily
    NS beat Rebel quite easily

If you're lucky enough, there is a good split between the 3 so you can still climb by targeting the same teams everyday.

I'd like to talk about Rebel vs NS : has anyone come up with a good strategy ?
    My strat so far is to focus Daka and then try to take out MT. Problem is, I usually don't have the burst to take out MT (so many HP holy s*%t) and if I can't exec Daka she'll just come back turn 3 or 4.
    Spell lock doesn't last long enough to really counter them, AoE doesn't help much because they can heal a lot (seriously 3/4 ways to heal is ****) and STH is beyond useless since he gets BLOWN UP very quickly..

Any ideas ? MAybe focus Assaj with exec ?
  • Options
    We've written this guide after Mageduckey released both of his ship guides. He covers everything there is about those. That's why there is no extensive ship guide here. His info and insight is spot on and even now still accurate. Pls refer to his guides for info.
    Windscale wrote: »

I disagree. Fleet arena is similar to normal arena - you can win against anybody on offense, so no difference beetween capital ships here. I still take #1 daily with Ackbar lead, when others play Tarkin/Chimaera. In theory your list is correct, but when it comes to performance I would say that Mace is most consistent and troublesome. Then Tarkin/Chimaera - I don't see any difference between them in action. Sadly Ackbar is weakest now, especially on defense.
    Recom wrote: »

If you're lucky enough, there is a good split between the 3 so you can still climb by targeting the same teams everyday.

My strat so far is to focus Daka and then try to take out MT. Problem is, I usually don't have the burst to take out MT (so many HP holy s*%t) and if I can't exec Daka she'll just come back turn 3 or 4.
    Spell lock doesn't last long enough to really counter them, AoE doesn't help much because they can heal a lot (seriously 3/4 ways to heal is ****) and STH is beyond useless since he gets BLOWN UP very quickly..

Depends what units you have and at what lvl. Best would be Ackbar using his tactical genius on Lando's DD for high and fast dps against Acolyte. You can also use Lando lead for higher dmg and better use of Boba's "Death from above". I still think STH is crucial here. He dies fast, always did. But pairing him with Boba's ability block it gives your team a ton of TM (if Asajj doesn't dispell first turn).
  • Options
    My first character was Ayala Secura. Do you recommend to restart? I am a totally F2P
  • Options
    MykeEcho wrote: »
    My first character was Ayala Secura. Do you recommend to restart? I am a totally F2P

Check the guide, it has the recommended starting characters.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Currently she's completely redundant and useless as a starter chromium. Jedi are a joke currently and for mod challenge you have Ezra and Kanan which are much more usefull early on.
    I started out with Aayla and never actually used her.
    Much better start would be - tier I: Lando (if you plan to farm Hera and Ezra early on), Jyn, Nihilus, Baze, Rex; tier II: Chirrut, Ackbar, B2 (great NS counter - neutrilizes Acolyte). Although idk if all are obtainable from first pull - seems Wedge isn't so I removed him.

Like I said - this guide needs to be refurbished - anyone interested ?
  • Options
    It is necessary to rework a new guide for new players. The experiences of old players followed this guide long time ago might not suitable for new shards, the new guide will connect new players together to help each other.
  • Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Currently she's completely redundant and useless as a starter chromium. Jedi are a joke currently and for mod challenge you have Ezra and Kanan which are much more usefull early on.
    I started out with Aayla and never actually used her.
    Much better start would be - tier I: Lando (if you plan to farm Hera and Ezra early on), Jyn, Nihilus, Baze, Rex; tier II: Chirrut, Ackbar, B2 (great NS counter - neutrilizes Acolyte). Although idk if all are obtainable from first pull - seems Wedge isn't so I removed him.

Like I said - this guide needs to be refurbished - anyone interested ?
    pnhuy wrote: »
    It is necessary to rework a new guide for new players. The experiences of old players followed this guide long time ago might not suitable for new shards, the new guide will connect new players together to help each other.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/142458/the-perfect-guide-for-the-perfect-start-2017-edition#latest
  • Options
    That was the most convoluted “guide” I’ve ever read. It assumes too much knowledge of the new player. Someone should really redo this guide in a “For Dummies” fashion since a new player reading this will quickly become confused.
  • Options
    That was the most convoluted “guide” I’ve ever read. It assumes too much knowledge of the new player. Someone should really redo this guide in a “For Dummies” fashion since a new player reading this will quickly become confused.

You mean this one or the perfect guide?
  • Options
    Recom wrote: »

Can you please help me with the rebels beat Phoenix part. I’m having issues with them but I am still fairly a newbie. Thanks for any advice.
    FYI my team atm is lando, boba, st Han, Biggs and jc/Talia/chewie.
  • Options
    gt2796a wrote: »
    Can you please help me with the rebels beat Phoenix part. I’m having issues with them but I am still fairly a newbie. Thanks for any advice.

In my experience it went a bit up and down as levels progressed whether I could beat them or not. As a general rule, don't use AoE unless Han's taunt is up. I always focus Ezra first, then Chopper, then Hera - since Ezra hits the hardest.
  • Options
    Just a heads up for whoever is planning to hoard, please create the account soon to collect a free 4* Kylo Ren.
  • Options
    I didn't get him. Is there anything we have to do?
  • Options
    It's released based on time zone I believe, you just need to wait a couple hours/1 day.
  • Options
    gt2796a wrote: »

Hey man sorry I didn't see your reply sooner.

Beating Phoenix revolves on 2 things :
    - burning down Ezra first
    - generating a ton of TM when STH taunt is up

Open with Boba's ability block, then only do single target damage on Ezra to burn him down very quickly. Once you have taunt up on STH, you can start using Lando's AoE to generate 80-100% TM instantly (depending on the number of counter attacks they do).

After Ezra is dead, focus the next one with the less HP so either Chopper or Hera.

Regarding NS teams. I've had some fairly good success with Akbar lead replacing JC. It's quite random depending on whether or not I can burn Assaj/Daka before they can heal. But it works often enough to be better than Lando lead with JC.

Basically what you want to do is focus down Assaj and Execute her with Boba, that way she can't be rezed. Akbar helps since you can get Taunt on STH and an auto at the same time, so more burst and he gives more speed. Then once Assaj is dead, do your 2 back to back AoE with Lando and they should blow up.

Since we now have KR and KRU, I'm going to test that against NS teams running KRU (L), KR, JC, Boba, Lando. It looks like it could be a decent counter. KRU is very tanky and buffs KR who can be very fast and reset his CD every turn with enough Plague on him. If anyone tried that I'd be interested in hearing their thoughts on it.
  • Options
    @Apotheosis about Phoenix Squad: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7cs6ii/phoenix_experiment_part_3_level_75/
    This guy seems to prove worthy info, no hype, no whining. No swgoh.gg acc thought, but seems reasonable. Covers time from early game to early-endgame (3 parts of it).

@akajl11 @wawrzon
    This guide I have provided is designed for players that already know a bit about the game, it really needs followup, which will cover what we are farming and what for.
    I have the guide in progress, I just lack free time to finally finish and smooth it.

Anyone interested about PS performance vs NS:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M9zRUNWHe-g1NEgh6QWairorpV0Wl9d2/view

Against full whale 7* Talzin and 7* Zombie, similar levels and stuff.
  • Options
    @Apotheosis about Phoenix Squad: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7cs6ii/phoenix_experiment_part_3_level_75/
    This guy seems to prove worthy info, no hype, no whining. No swgoh.gg acc thought, but seems reasonable. Covers time from early game to early-endgame (3 parts of it).

@akajl11 @wawrzon
    This guide I have provided is designed for players that already know a bit about the game, it really needs followup, which will cover what we are farming and what for.
    I have the guide in progress, I just lack free time to finally finish and smooth it.

Anyone interested about PS performance vs NS:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M9zRUNWHe-g1NEgh6QWairorpV0Wl9d2/view

Against full whale 7* Talzin and 7* Zombie, similar levels and stuff.

This is a nicely detailed record about a Phoenix start experiment. Although the player seems to have started somewhat casually, not hoarding much nor rerolling to get an optimal first chromium pull. As expected, fleet transition was somewhat problematic but there was a recovery path via the two Phx ships.

Thanks for finding this.