Game doesn't reward Player for Veterancy

Replies

• MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Too much to read, but I'm not sure I agree.

Zetas and reworks alone make toons a 1 year player has basically maxed (or close to) an instant hit.

Yes a "new player" could walk right into the current meta, but will they have all the resources and abilities to build solid tank arena teams as quickly as a seasoned player.

This game is a grind and even the addition of new toons will never out weigh time. I have so many toons either unlocked or ready to be unlocked, one change and I can activate 7* and gear before a "new" player could finish the farm.

Depth of roster in " the event that shall not be named" helps me run 4-5 teams that I don't think a "new" player can field.

I have a decent selection of mods that may not be the best, but at the drop of a hat I have options that a new player might have to strip his best team to make an ok second.

Not everyone was saving them but again at the start of the "event" ally coins were abundant no new player would have had as many.

All in all there are many benefits to being a vet. And I'm ok with new players not feeling left out, we need new blood to keep the lights on.

Im sorry my OP was confusing. I moved the TL;DR to the front. My point is just that when youre only battling your peer, your zetas matter less when your peer gets them too. And youre battling everyday for the same rewards as much newer, and much older players. I think older players should get a reward or some content, something that isnt game breaking nor pushes away new players. Or something that isnt peer vs peer, a battle of +1 vs +1.

Also I think by now, most ridiculous banking of ally points have been spent I hope. And I think tournaments are really lame so they really arent a fit reward for loyalty.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Reward length of play! Make the rich richer!

........wait. No.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Reward length of play! Make the rich richer!

........wait. No.

In most games when you level up (or basically are at the end game) you get better rewards. Idk why this game has to be different. Same arena payout, same gw credits, same raid position probably, same everything nearly. For months.

Also like I said, I dont even really want something huge like higher credits or arena payout or whatever. I threw out ideas like a tournament aimed at vets, basically like one exclusive-ish character. Nothing game breaking. And with such a minor change aimed at veterancy, its not like anyone is going to feel your richness really. Arena shards and most likely most of your guild will get the same reward anyway.
  • Options
    I think the year achievement is a great idea. Perhaps give a 7* toon. Doesn't have to be OP but it would be a great milestone. Almost what Vader started out as (but changed once he became available in Shard shop (where I 7*'d him) and now FS. I would have been so excited to have gotten a rare toon that is only accessible at the 12 month mark. (Dec. '15 player)
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Saying a F2P from a December shard over a F2P from a May shard isn't necessarily true, a few reason:
    1. The December Shard could be full of whales leading to much slower progression
    2. The December player starts at 10k+ while the May player starts at rank 10
    3. The December player does not have as much time as the May player
    4. The December player farms to wrong toons that will be useful in later meta.

The issue is, all other things being equal, does time give you an advantage ?
    And the answer is yes, contrary to what the OP stated.

If you're not comparing similar situations then the question can't be answered (because all other things aren't equal... a dumb person will always be in a disadvantage).
  • Options
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    I think the year achievement is a great idea. Perhaps give a 7* toon. Doesn't have to be OP but it would be a great milestone. Almost what Vader started out as (but changed once he became available in Shard shop (where I 7*'d him) and now FS. I would have been so excited to have gotten a rare toon that is only accessible at the 12 month mark. (Dec. '15 player)

As a long time player, I don't even want a new toon.. the gear grind is so terrible I would never get any gear on that character, especially if he isn't great.

A part of me feels like the game is meant to prey upon new players, get them to spend some money and then forget about them. I don't know about others but I've been playing this game for a year, and have spent a good amount of money, and now realize spending even more is pointless. From what I've read on these forums and Reddit, there are many many others in the same boat. It almost makes no sense for CG to reward veteran players since they feel like they've paid their fair share (be it in time and/or money) and just want things to come easier now. If the game changes and is 'easier' for veteran players, then new players are forced to spend money or will never catch up, they won't stay in the game long. If the game stays the same, veteran players get burnt out, stop spending, etc and newer players feel like they are making more progress since they do actually start to catch up. Thousands of people install this game every day.. how does CG benefit from rewarding veteran players?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry but imo but those complaints are amazing...

You are complaining that in a PVP portion of the game your opponents keep improving getting better and giving you a challenge? You admit that to you its the best rewards of the game and you want to it to be easy? Right AFTER you complained about nothing to do, sim'ing this and that etc.

You then complain that a 12 month player doesn't have an advantage over a 5 month player in tourneys... that is absolutely false. Even more so with the higher refresh costs where character depth is even more important. If your roster isn't deeper than a 5 month player that is your fault. Sure a newer player CAN save and out-spend but that means he gave up on rewards form other tourneys you DID get.

Time is a pretty big advantage in this game, granted it can be equalized by $$$ but that is fair imo at least more so than other p2w games. As metas change those with deep rosters, time to stock up on resources can shift to the new meta a lot faster than younger players.

You put little value in raids, that is really the crux of your problem right now. the AAT raid needs that depth... that depth helps you get more g10+ gear AND forces you to get roster depth which will help you with tourneys.

At a certain point end game has to be achieved and people should be on equal footing. You can't have a well I started before you there-fore I automatically win button.

I as a new player think time is a huge advantage... I am slowing down and starting to lose rank on my arena work BECAUSE I have to build way more teams than you old timers that got your arena team and your pit team maxed at 80 and could farm anyone else you wanted freely. You had the opportunity to build more of the rosters needed for haat without having to sacrifice nearly as much simply because you reached a smaller platou of "end game"

Now the end game is much larger... ~25 g10 level 85 toons instead of the 8-10 needed for just arena and pit + GW.

• Options
    Twin wrote: »

You are complaining that in a PVP portion of the game your opponents keep improving getting better and giving you a challenge? You admit that to you its the best rewards of the game and you want to it to be easy? Right AFTER you complained about nothing to do, sim'ing this and that etc.

You then complain that a 12 month player doesn't have an advantage over a 5 month player in tourneys... that is absolutely false. Even more so with the higher refresh costs where character depth is even more important. If your roster isn't deeper than a 5 month player that is your fault. Sure a newer player CAN save and out-spend but that means he gave up on rewards form other tourneys you DID get.

Time is a pretty big advantage in this game, granted it can be equalized by $$$ but that is fair imo at least more so than other p2w games. As metas change those with deep rosters, time to stock up on resources can shift to the new meta a lot faster than younger players.

You put little value in raids, that is really the crux of your problem right now. the AAT raid needs that depth... that depth helps you get more g10+ gear AND forces you to get roster depth which will help you with tourneys.

At a certain point end game has to be achieved and people should be on equal footing. You can't have a well I started before you there-fore I automatically win button.

I as a new player think time is a huge advantage... I am slowing down and starting to lose rank on my arena work BECAUSE I have to build way more teams than you old timers that got your arena team and your pit team maxed at 80 and could farm anyone else you wanted freely. You had the opportunity to build more of the rosters needed for haat without having to sacrifice nearly as much simply because you reached a smaller platou of "end game"

Now the end game is much larger... ~25 g10 level 85 toons instead of the 8-10 needed for just arena and pit + GW.

That last part is definitely true. I am completely overwhelmed by the number of chars I need to farm. Now I don't doubt that that is intentional, but if you started in December you got your Jedis going, your Rebels. Meta changed and people went with droids. Or maybe Poe+ whatever. Raids were released and you got your Teebo and Dengar. Then mods came along and you suddenly needed a Jawa team for Crit Dmg, and a Resistance team for Speed (and of course, Empire for potency and Scoundrels for Crit Chance). You spent some time farming mods, because there wasn't really anything in the Cantina worth farming anymore anyway, since you already farmed them for 6 months. Then the tank raid is announced and you farm your Jawas and your Jedi up further.

At this point I started playing (and thus anybody else who started 4-5 months ago). In order to play along, I needed Rebels (meta) and Scoundrels (events), but **** just kept getting added to the list: Jedis, Jawas, Teebo, Chirpa, Pilots (and their ships) and god knows what else. And of course, we need to keep up with the meta, just as everybody else does, so now while you have to farm Zetas for Barriss, we have to farm Barriss AND her Zetas... etc. etc.
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Tournaments a great example of how progress in this game isn't really progress. Someone who's level 85 is probably better than that lvl 70 who won 6 Star Jyn Erso but the game has decided that that lvl 70 deserves better rewards than thousands of lvl 85s. Tournament brackets absolutely suck.

Where is this nonsense coming from? The lower level brackets give LESS rewards, not more. Top 25 gets the character vs top 100 in the 80+ bracket, and the gear/credits, etc are less.

A 70 who plays comparatively better versus their peers should receive better rewards than you.

It is that way (beating peers means better rewards than lvl 85 players) because it was arbitrarily defined that way. If it had been a server wide tournament instead to begin with, I could say that I deserve more rewards than that guy who earned his 6 star erso as a lvl 70.

As a kid, did you also want to play sports against toddlers so you could win? Beating up on a lower level player isnt "more deserving". Sorry you cant hack it against people in your level range. Maybe suck less?

Lol Im in the top 10 arena rank most days and do fine enough for me in tournaments. You realize that many successful games like WoW or basically any succesful MMORPG have a much better end game than this one? And has a lot more content for vets? Beating up on lower levels isnt the point, (and I wouldnt be anyway because after 10 minutes in this tournament Id be fighting people like me) its rewarding vets.

Sorry you can't comprehend what I write. Maybe take an english class?

Perhaps its you that needs a basic class in logic. Decent games have level brackets in PVP. Sorry you cant stand someone newer than you getting something you failed to obtain. Try sucking less. This entire thread is because you didnt get your Jyn and someone else did. Friggin pathetic man. Notice how pretty much everyone disagrees with you?

Your vet rewards are the extra daily login rewards you've obtained. There, done.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

At this point I started playing (and thus anybody else who started 4-5 months ago). In order to play along, I needed Rebels (meta) and Scoundrels (events), but **** just kept getting added to the list: Jedis, Jawas, Teebo, Chirpa, Pilots (and their ships) and god knows what else. And of course, we need to keep up with the meta, just as everybody else does, so now while you have to farm Zetas for Barriss, we have to farm Barriss AND her Zetas... etc. etc.

As far as Jawas, only worry about JE and Nebit. You can scratch Teebo and Chirpa off the list too. If you haven't started on Chirpa, TFP is a much easier farm and does almost as well as Chirpa in p3. If you are farming for aat, then your priority needs to be on jroids (HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit), then TFP and three taunting tanks (1 at g10 and 2 g8 with EP and TFP can get 3-4% on heroic aat). Get those two teams to g10 (excluding the tanks I mentioned) and some g8/9 jedis and rebels and you can honestly get into a guild that is either farming or close to defeating heroic aat.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    Saying a F2P from a December shard over a F2P from a May shard isn't necessarily true, a few reason:
    1. The December Shard could be full of whales leading to much slower progression
    2. The December player starts at 10k+ while the May player starts at rank 10
    3. The December player does not have as much time as the May player
    4. The December player farms to wrong toons that will be useful in later meta.

The issue is, all other things being equal, does time give you an advantage ?
    And the answer is yes, contrary to what the OP stated.

If you're not comparing similar situations then the question can't be answered (because all other things aren't equal... a dumb person will always be in a disadvantage).

I feel like "dumb" can be interchanged with "unlucky"
    On a side note: It is Friday the 13th!!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I cant think of a single game that gets easier as it progresses. Has there ever been a game where more valuable items get easier to collect? or where things fall in your lap because you've been playing for a year? The longer you play, the more access you have.

Its hard for most of us to have real perspective on this because everytime some new feature is released, most of us can play it instantly because we're a high enough level. But if you start now, there is so much on the horizon that you cant wait to play. Im talking about first unlocking dark side battles, then GW, then guilds/raids, eventually getting to unlock ships, and all kinds of other stuff. This game does reward people who stick around. You just have to stop taking everything for granted.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    As far as Jawas, only worry about JE and Nebit. You can scratch Teebo and Chirpa off the list too. If you haven't started on Chirpa, TFP is a much easier farm and does almost as well as Chirpa in p3. If you are farming for aat, then your priority needs to be on jroids (HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit), then TFP and three taunting tanks (1 at g10 and 2 g8 with EP and TFP can get 3-4% on heroic aat). Get those two teams to g10 (excluding the tanks I mentioned) and some g8/9 jedis and rebels and you can honestly get into a guild that is either farming or close to defeating heroic aat.

One thing about chripa vs TFP... is chirpa you hardly have to gear at all... TFP you have to g10 + possible other characters.

I had to make the exact same decision just last week and was going to go with TFP + empire cause I could use them in arena as well...

Ultimately I chose chirpa cause I had the tanks pretty much ready to go already (I think many people have tanks cause they are soo useful), Palp is easy to g10 and then all you have to do with 7* chirpa and max out his leadership, not much is needed for him to be viable in haat...

I just thought I could get a chirpa p3 team up and running waaaay before I farm a whole empire team.

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »

One thing about chripa vs TFP... is chirpa you hardly have to gear at all... TFP you have to g10 + possible other characters.

I had to make the exact same decision just last week and was going to go with TFP + empire cause I could use them in arena as well...

Ultimately I chose chirpa cause I had the tanks pretty much ready to go already (I think many people have tanks cause they are soo useful), Palp is easy to g10 and then all you have to do with 7* chirpa and max out his leadership, not much is needed for him to be viable in haat...

I just thought I could get a chirpa p3 team up and running waaaay before I farm a whole empire team.

Also not sure why TFP is so much easier than Chirpa (other than that I already have him at 4*). It's 10 energy vs 12 energy Cantina node. You'll get TFP faster, but not that much faster, and his gear requirements are pretty **** (not sure how much gear you need for TFP, but I haven't bothered gearing him past G7, because all his gear requirements coincide with stuff I want to give to my arena team). Anyway, I was more about making the point in general about how much a new player has to farm in comparison to what an older player already farmed, but it's good to know I am not that far away from being hAAT viable. I might actually start looking for a new guild. The one I joined isn't even doing hRancor, and I am a bit fed up with them (I like some of the players, hence why I have stuck it out so far... I am not quite competitive enough to just ditch a guild for greener pastures unless I see no hope at all).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Too much to read, but I'm not sure I agree.

Zetas and reworks alone make toons a 1 year player has basically maxed (or close to) an instant hit.

Yes a "new player" could walk right into the current meta, but will they have all the resources and abilities to build solid tank arena teams as quickly as a seasoned player.

This game is a grind and even the addition of new toons will never out weigh time. I have so many toons either unlocked or ready to be unlocked, one change and I can activate 7* and gear before a "new" player could finish the farm.

Depth of roster in " the event that shall not be named" helps me run 4-5 teams that I don't think a "new" player can field.

I have a decent selection of mods that may not be the best, but at the drop of a hat I have options that a new player might have to strip his best team to make an ok second.

Not everyone was saving them but again at the start of the "event" ally coins were abundant no new player would have had as many.

All in all there are many benefits to being a vet. And I'm ok with new players not feeling left out, we need new blood to keep the lights on.

Im sorry my OP was confusing. I moved the TL;DR to the front. My point is just that when youre only battling your peer, your zetas matter less when your peer gets them too. And youre battling everyday for the same rewards as much newer, and much older players. I think older players should get a reward or some content, something that isnt game breaking nor pushes away new players. Or something that isnt peer vs peer, a battle of +1 vs +1.

Also I think by now, most ridiculous banking of ally points have been spent I hope. And I think tournaments are really lame so they really arent a fit reward for loyalty.

Isn't that backwards...if you didn't battle your "peers" then the zeta wouldn't matter at all because you could beat someone without it.

The other point I was addressing was that, yes they are battling for the current rewards, but older players will have a depth behind that and will benefit from reworks, zeta , and new synergy.

I agree they need new content, they tried that with tournaments and the vet reward was the stock of gw tokens and ally coins. I see what you mean about it missing the mark in your mind, but it is what you are asking for.

Let's hope for the future that we can see more things to reward us all.
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Quite the opposite actually,

You say this game doesn't reward veterancy and offer the tournaments as an example, which actually is the worse example to give.

Yes, you may be right to state that the rewards for lvl - 80 were great compared to 80+. But the issue isn't with the tournaments below lvl 80, but with the tournaments lvl 80+.

And in these tournaments (+lvl80) veterency does count, a lot
    (Someone that started in December 2015 vs You (May shard) vs a October shard player: under equal circumstances the guy that started in Dec.2015 has a huge advantage).

The more playing time you have
    a) the more (potencially at least) ally points you had banked
    b) the bigger the roster,(and if your roster is bigger) the refreshes become proportionally cheaper.

Plus,
    - bigger rosters score better in raids (more solutions)... so you get to progress faster (more currency etc);
    - You get to participate in more events... again, progressing faster;
    - You probably farmed some key characters before (e.g. Boba, anakin, teebo), so you can allocate your resources in to mod farming or the new characters that get released;
    - You probably have more banked currency (cantina currency/ galactic wars/ arena) making you progress faster in ships (buying ships left and righ in gw... buying credits and droids in cantina... etc) which will make you get more currency in fleet shipments/ Zetas to... again progress faster than a player thats as started a few months after you...

Not mentioning the gear barrier, that keeps pilling up, and that should seem everyday more unsurpassable to newer players...

If anything this game should be more noob friendly.

Signed:
    Someone that started around the same time as you.

Yup, being a veteran in this game definitely has its advantages. I started in February of '16 and I definitely feel like those that started in December of '15 have advantages over me, mainly deeper and more developed rosters.

Having developed rosters helps in ALL aspects of this game. Like it was mentioned in the above post, you have a deeper roster for tournaments. You also might have a toon you developed in the past (ie. Barris) that you don't have to farm in order to put the Zeta on them (I have to farm Barris). You also may have a developed toon that made your crew power initially very strong once you got his ship (ie. Wedge or Biggs).

IMO, you definitely gain benefits in this game the longer you play it.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I tend to agree with the OP. I have spent around 2k or a bit more, and I have little to show for it other than useless T8 toons. The reason I have little to show for it is because practically every character I leveled and geared in the first 6 months is now completely obsolete, and the reason people 6 months behind me can catch up is because they gained access to great toons at the same time I did.

Want to reward veterans? Fix the old toons. I'm not going to spend another 2k and get hosed again, but I would like the progression I paid for already to be worth something. And don't get me started on tournaments where level 70 players are getting 6 and 7 star new, overpowered toons when I can't touch top 100 at 85 with 4 legit squads and 100k ally points. It's a joke.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    they added a crate to lvl 85 dailies completion, you want more lol?
  • Options
    A lot more. Like the best rewards, for example, rather than rewards that are worse than what level 70 people who haven't spent jack are getting.
  • Options
    All I want for Easter, as a year plus player, is a way to buy with coins and/or crystals - packs of white, green, and blue gear. I want to buy it at will, and not wait 3-4 days for it to randomly rotate in.

As a veteren player, I want the low level gear grind to end. @djvita please take away the stupid 2-3 item crate-of-junk, please. The low level gear grind is annoying, in the extreme. It's a legit reason to quit.

It's like, you get a new character, you take a deep breath, and it's like, "mmm'kay, gotta do this ... again...."
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    EA gets you vested so you won't quit. And then you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

LIAUJMm-1438796502.gif

• Options
    +1 since december's end of 2015
  • Options
    I think the easiest way to clear a lot of this up is to have some new event where you can use all of your unlocked toons, similar to how the heroic raids are done. Veteran players like myself who have been playing for over a year will have a huge advantage over new players. We obviously have more toons unlocked and at higher levels. And make it some mode of gameplay that is PvE and not pitting us against each other. In addition make it open ended, not just 12 nodes like GW. Perhaps also making the rewards enticing, such as new rogue one toons, or gear 10-12 rarity will make veterans stick around. new players will only have a faction of the rewards that veteran players can obtain.

I honestly think this would be the best solution, and am glad they are still working on raids; honestly, raids are the only reason I stick around. Being able to do them more effectively and faster with more teams is still fun to me, even though the Pit needs a new difficulty level desperately.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I tend to agree with the OP. I have spent around 2k or a bit more, and I have little to show for it other than useless T8 toons. The reason I have little to show for it is because practically every character I leveled and geared in the first 6 months is now completely obsolete, and the reason people 6 months behind me can catch up is because they gained access to great toons at the same time I did.

Want to reward veterans? Fix the old toons. I'm not going to spend another 2k and get hosed again, but I would like the progression I paid for already to be worth something. And don't get me started on tournaments where level 70 players are getting 6 and 7 star new, overpowered toons when I can't touch top 100 at 85 with 4 legit squads and 100k ally points. It's a joke.

I totally agree with this as a 1.5 year veteran. Every new toon they bring out is more OP then the last making all of your old toons you spent so much time and money to get completely obsolete. Balance is what they need to work on, not new content. Make every toon viable and not some trash and others gods. Some of this balance doesn't even make sense lore-wise and is laughable.

The tournaments are a joke. I went into it with almost 1Mil ally points; spent nearly all and a huge amount of time; didn't even crest the top 100. No new player lvl 70 should be getting 7* Jyn; slap in the face to veterans.
  • Options
    Tournaments a great example of how progress in this game isn't really progress. Someone who's level 85 is probably better than that lvl 70 who won 6 Star Jyn Erso but the game has decided that that lvl 70 deserves better rewards than thousands of lvl 85s. Tournament brackets absolutely suck.

Where is this nonsense coming from? The lower level brackets give LESS rewards, not more. Top 25 gets the character vs top 100 in the 80+ bracket, and the gear/credits, etc are less.

A 70 who plays comparatively better versus their peers should receive better rewards than you.

It is that way (beating peers means better rewards than lvl 85 players) because it was arbitrarily defined that way. If it had been a server wide tournament instead to begin with, I could say that I deserve more rewards than that guy who earned his 6 star erso as a lvl 70.

As a kid, did you also want to play sports against toddlers so you could win? Beating up on a lower level player isnt "more deserving". Sorry you cant hack it against people in your level range. Maybe suck less?

Lol Im in the top 10 arena rank most days and do fine enough for me in tournaments. You realize that many successful games like WoW or basically any succesful MMORPG have a much better end game than this one? And has a lot more content for vets? Beating up on lower levels isnt the point, (and I wouldnt be anyway because after 10 minutes in this tournament Id be fighting people like me) its rewarding vets.

Perhaps its you that needs a basic class in logic. Decent games have level brackets in PVP. Sorry you cant stand someone newer than you getting something you failed to obtain. Try sucking less. This entire thread is because you didnt get your Jyn and someone else did. Friggin pathetic man. Notice how pretty much everyone disagrees with you?

If you took a basic class in logic you would understand that ad hominem and "everyone disagrees with you so you must be wrong" is broken logic. And maybe the reason why so many disagree is because on paper, it seems like a terrible idea to make the rich richer. And ALOT of the old vets have already left the game, like someone stated in the thread. But if you actually read my OP or through the thread you'd understand how rewarding vets wouldnt necessarily even disadvantage new players.

Whatever though, Im done with you. I think the far more pathetic thing is flaming a dude not getting angry at anyone, simply for trying to explain the reason why he thinks he isnt having any fun.
    djvita wrote: »
    they added a crate to lvl 85 dailies completion, you want more lol?

Ok so a 6 month player gets the crate.. and so does the guy who started on day one. How does the guy who started on day one really have an advantage over the 6 month guy? besides tournaments which suck...

I think PvP is really important. I dont want squad arena to be easy (rewarding vets means your shardmates get the same reward anyway .....). Nobody said that. Im trying to say that as an May sharder, I feel like im in basically the same position as someone much older ( My guild is nearly ready for Heroic AAT) and that is depressing when it comes to gameplay, that im going to get monotony and be playing for the same rewards for months.

Tournament and AAT arent fun and are flawed or extremely tedious like Ive said before. I feel like these things, since they arent very enjoyable, are inadequate for making vets feel like their time spent is worth it.

I also dont know why youd be slipping in arena when everyone in your shard will have the same issue you do with the gear grind ect.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I cant think of a single game that gets easier as it progresses. Has there ever been a game where more valuable items get easier to collect? or where things fall in your lap because you've been playing for a year? The longer you play, the more access you have.

Its hard for most of us to have real perspective on this because everytime some new feature is released, most of us can play it instantly because we're a high enough level. But if you start now, there is so much on the horizon that you cant wait to play. Im talking about first unlocking dark side battles, then GW, then guilds/raids, eventually getting to unlock ships, and all kinds of other stuff. This game does reward people who stick around. You just have to stop taking everything for granted.

Well in every single MMORPG even this one except to a poor extent, leveling up and playing extra months at the same rate as another player, means chances at things (sometimes valuable) that newer players cannot immediately work on. This game has the heroic AAT and tourney as rewards for the old guys. But because im only a May shard player and alread have access to the AAT (which is more an essential chore to get by in your own arena shard..) and because the tourney is dissapointing these serve as poor rewards.

Im not asking for the game to get easier. Im asking for some content for the guys who played a year. Or a reason to keep playing. Because as I said in the OP, 6 months doesnt feel different than 9 or 12, and thats not right.

EDIT: You know how the Yoda and Palpatine events are pretty fun? What about something like that but would probably take an 8 month old or longer roster to do? Why dont the old guys get fun events that challenge them arent arent more peer to peer stuff because there is nothing but peer to pper grind everyday at my point in the fame and for months!
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

If you took a basic class in logic you would understand that ad hominem and "everyone disagrees with you so you must be wrong" is broken logic. And maybe the reason why so many disagree is because on paper, it seems like a terrible idea to make the rich richer. And ALOT of the old vets have already left the game, like someone stated in the thread. But if you actually read my OP or through the thread you'd understand how rewarding vets wouldnt necessarily even disadvantage new players.

Whatever though, Im done with you. I think the far more pathetic thing is flaming a dude not getting angry at anyone, simply for trying to explain the reason why he thinks he isnt having any fun.

Good, good. Give in to your hate... It might make you strong enough to beat lower levels to get your vet pity party participation trophy if they ever implemented your idea.

I might have agreed with you were you not saying lower levels who had to place higher than you for less rewards were less deserving simply because you logged in longer. The additional characters, gear, etc you acquired. ARE. YOUR. VET. REWARD.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Good, good. Give in to your hate... It might make you strong enough to beat lower levels to get your vet pity party participation trophy if they ever implemented your idea.

I might have agreed with you were you not saying lower levels who had to place higher than you for less rewards were less deserving simply because you logged in longer. The additional characters, gear, etc you acquired. ARE. YOUR. VET. REWARD.

Man, I really didnt want to respond but I just need to make sure my words arent twisted and changed. No, I really dont think new players deserve less in like 98% of the game. Im okay with Arena shards, Im okay with GW rewarding a 2 month and a year long player the same credits, and Im okay even with keeping the majority, even the vast majority of tournaments with brackets as they are. I was saying that as a minor thing maaaaybe one idea to reward vets is a tourney like i said but it could be anything. A rare really hard event requiring a roster that would still challenge a vet (that isnt peer to peer fighting) because almost nothing feels important anymore. A year long play achievement. Idk. Im looking for ideas! Also worth noting is anything suggested applies to new players too, so that when they get to the 6-month mark they arent bored of the eternal grind and halt in new content like I am.

Also my OP, yes its long im sorry, is an attempt to explain how gear, credits, mats, ect, is starts to feel less rewarding in the long term. My argument boils down to, that every single day im always fighting for #8, #7 #3, #5, #6 ect. Its always the same. Always the same fight too, for forever. And because my opponents level with me, and thats the almost the only gameplay there is (tournaments are flawed), it feels like the same thing every day. Even with raids, where im always the same rank as I "progress" because my guild progresses at the same rate.

New players have cool stuff like the yoda event, palpatine, and events which are still challenging to them. On a lesser note (because I find raids to be an essential chore to stay in rank in arena) they are still making their raid teams too. Why cant old players have something challenging or basically something interesting to play for? Doesnt have to be a reward.

Im ok with 90+% of the game being peer to peer competition. But I feel like months of only that (and the lame exception of raids and tourneys) is such a bore. Im just sick of the boredom. Yes, I could quit, but idk, isnt this forum for discussion of problems like this?

EDIT: I dont want to kill noobs either, Thats not fun really even for me. I just want to feel progress against something that isnt progressing at the same rate.

• Options
    I agree, it can feel dull at times. I've been playing for (around?) a year and am lvl 85. I've put in a decent amount of $, more than I've put into any other app. I get so tired of waiting weeks and weeks to get one set of stun cuffs. re: tournaments - they need to be changed drastically, 100% agree. The current structure makes it impossible to get the characters if you can't play for two or three hours in the middle of a work day. One other person said something about people who pay should get better toons - but I've put in more than $100 and don't have any tournament rewards to show for it.

If I could change anything about the game it would be the following:

- Tournaments are bad and should feel bad... should not be dependent on hours of play during a weekday and limited to 100 players to unlock
    - Drop rates for purple gear needs to increase drastically... items like cuffs take way too much time to farm and make the game feel stagnant, even with the crystal booster pack all the time and placing in the top 50 area.
    - Credits - same problem as gear... once you reach end game, it takes 10M+ to begin to make a character viable (stars, level, mods) and doesn't include gear grind. That 10M means at least 12 days for one character to be viable (~4 M for credit heist once in that time period and then 12 GW @ 500,000 ish each, plus the other credits gathered in other ways). It feels less fun when it takes 3-4 months to build a meta team that will work. By that time a new meta is needed.
  • Options
    Wow, you people amaze me.
    Has it ever came to your mind that you can complete a game and move on to the next thing?
    Do you expect to play it for ten years, an unlock king of the world achievement?
    You are at the top of arena? You own raids? Enjoy it.
    You are the best in this mobile game.
    If you did it f2p congrats for your persistence.
    If you paid for it. Congrats on the size of your wallet.
    There is no skill to this game so don't sweat it.
    Science, art, esports thats skill. People win, enjoy the glory and retire.
    This game is exclusively this:
    COLLECT FAVOURITE STAR WARS CHARACTERS
    AND
    HAVE FUN BATTLES WITH THEM.
    If you have them all, great you finished the game.
    Even in WoW, which is much better bang for buck, you got nothing more at the top than do the same thing over and over. At max gear people just cry, "why can't i have 5 ilvl more", where is my content? If you spent 200hours on it, it's likely to dry out. It's game.
    You sunk 1k, 2k $ and you are not satisfied with what you got?
    What are you 12 yo?
    You are paying roughly 100$ per hero or wait 1 month, you unlock it.
    There is no storyline. There will be nothing fresh. It is what it is.
    6 monthsand maybe there will be death star trench run Raid if they are generous.
    Wanna value for money?
    Go skiing, buy ps4, Witcher, Battlefront.
    SW:GoH would be much more if we didn't hand over our money for free.
    1 character takes so little effort to make,
    1 guy makes model, redraws it from Disney blueprints( thats not even inventing it), 2nd dude writes skills, puts them in optimization algorythm adda OP status.
    Done. Costs like what? 1000$ to make? And thats pushing it.
    They need to sell 10 to get even.
    Don't even mention development "costs". This game has copy paste music, couple maps, simple engine, no voice actors, no plot, no nothing. Even battlefront has more content. And thats pushing it xd
    THEY ARE TOP GROSSING ON APPSTORE, which practically means that
    Sw:GoH IS THE BEST GAME ON iOS, as far statistics go, just like with movies. Unless people throw away money for no reason. And thats pushing it xddd
    If you were getting money for doing easier things What would you do?
    If you have no moral backbone?
    Probably the same thing as CG.