Game doesn't reward Player for Veterancy

124Next

Replies

• Options
    You are SW:GoH veteran? You don't feel rewarde enough?
    Maybe talk to War veterans. They will tell you, it's as glorious as you persuade yourself it is. No villa, no mental health just a good old "gold medal".
  • Options
    Vets never get the proper rewards.
  • Options
    TLDR; Enjoy the game or quit.
    This game will never be as you want it to be.
    It means you expect something better, go make it. You won't find it.
    If this game is all you want it to be. You will live happily ever after, since you see and accept things for what they are.
  • Options
    Midirataj wrote: »
    Wow, you people amaze me.
    Has it ever came to your mind that you can complete a game and move on to the next thing?
    Do you expect to play it for ten years, an unlock king of the world achievement?
    You are at the top of arena? You own raids? Enjoy it.
    You are the best in this mobile game.
    If you did it f2p congrats for your persistence.
    If you paid for it. Congrats on the size of your wallet.
    There is no skill to this game so don't sweat it.
    Science, art, esports thats skill. People win, enjoy the glory and retire.
    This game is exclusively this:
    COLLECT FAVOURITE STAR WARS CHARACTERS
    AND
    HAVE FUN BATTLES WITH THEM.
    If you have them all, great you finished the game.
    Even in WoW, which is much better bang for buck, you got nothing more at the top than do the same thing over and over. At max gear people just cry, "why can't i have 5 ilvl more", where is my content? If you spent 200hours on it, it's likely to dry out. It's game.
    You sunk 1k, 2k $ and you are not satisfied with what you got?
    What are you 12 yo?
    You are paying roughly 100$ per hero or wait 1 month, you unlock it.
    There is no storyline. There will be nothing fresh. It is what it is.
    6 monthsand maybe there will be death star trench run Raid if they are generous.
    Wanna value for money?
    Go skiing, buy ps4, Witcher, Battlefront.
    SW:GoH would be much more if we didn't hand over our money for free.
    1 character takes so little effort to make,
    1 guy makes model, redraws it from Disney blueprints( thats not even inventing it), 2nd dude writes skills, puts them in optimization algorythm adda OP status.
    Done. Costs like what? 1000$ to make? And thats pushing it.
    They need to sell 10 to get even.
    Don't even mention development "costs". This game has copy paste music, couple maps, simple engine, no voice actors, no plot, no nothing. Even battlefront has more content. And thats pushing it xd
    THEY ARE TOP GROSSING ON APPSTORE, which practically means that
    Sw:GoH IS THE BEST GAME ON iOS, as far statistics go, just like with movies. Unless people throw away money for no reason. And thats pushing it xddd
    If you were getting money for doing easier things What would you do?
    If you have no moral backbone?
    Probably the same thing as CG.
    TLDR; Enjoy the game or quit.
    This game will never be as you want it to be.
    It means you expect something better, go make it. You won't find it.
    If this game is all you want it to be. You will live happily ever after, since you see and accept things for what they are.

Um yeah. What happened to the forum being for suggestions?
  • Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since it was released back in 2015. That's a veteran status. Picking up the game in mid 2016 isn't anywhere close to being a vet.

However, I do think they should have some kind of reward for people who have been playing for the games duration(since 2015). Not big reward, just something tiny to say "Hey thanks for playing our game! Here's a little reward as appreciation"

I've always felt long term players like yourself should be rewarded with something very cool and exclusive that cannot be purchased. A good example would be monthly shards of Jedi Luke, unobtainable anywhere else, that allows activation in 4-6 months and 7* in 9-12 months. It's a fantastic reward, but it's an extremely long and difficult achievement. It's a win for everyone involved in the game imo. And no I would not be eligible yet.

Skins would be nice as well, even though they may have to just be limited to different color options.

• Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Are you criticizing me for suggesting OP to leave a game he is not satsfied with?
    That is my suggestion.
    Have i written: don't share your opinion and feelings on the forum?
  • Options
    Are you criticizing me for suggesting OP to leave a game he is not satsfied with?
    That is my suggestion.
    Have i written: don't share your opinion and feelings on the forum?

Oh okay. I mean maybe youre right. Ive already been thinking about leaving yes.

But I kind of wanted to discuss the idea of improving the game more than what I personally chose to do, you know. I dont think I need help with that. But I do really want to hear peoples thoughts on if they are against or for a reward for vets and why or why not.
  • Options
    Sorry I think I misunderstood OP. As far as I understand OP wish to have some kind of gratitude for players which plays for lets say 12 month. Obviously I am not in same bracket :smile: When I say veterans I mean more like players which are level 85. These players are in most competitive Arena and tournament shards and we all know that leveling a toon does not bring a big benefit. One of benefit for these players are that they have new cantina levels and LS/DS and there is nothing there. For example why didn't they release Rex and SF in Cantina levels tier 8 and maybe Shore in some hard node?
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Sorry I think I misunderstood OP. As far as I understand OP wish to have some kind of gratitude for players which plays for lets say 12 month. Obviously I am not in same bracket :smile: When I say veterans I mean more like players which are level 85. These players are in most competitive Arena and tournament shards and we all know that leveling a toon does not bring a big benefit. One of benefit for these players are that they have new cantina levels and LS/DS and there is nothing there. For example why didn't they release Rex and SF in Cantina levels tier 8 and maybe Shore in some hard node?

Yes I agree! But I do want to say that what I said in the OP applies to anyone who does the same thing for the same rewards everyday with nothing to look forward to. Whether youre a 6 month or a 12 month, I hope whatever would be implemented is some rewarding content that wont be unfair to new players and will make lvl 85+ players feel a reason to play.
  • Options
    It's mainly ok as it is. Lower tournaments (all tournaments need fixing though) should just give a lower reward character (eg 4 star for winning etc down to shards).
    What this game needs is something to do when all dailies are done, wow there is always something to do so you are not looking at other games to fill the time.

What are some examples of extra content that doesn't give advancement rewards.

Some kind of arena sandbox to practice different teams.

Some different arena shard that has free fights that gives cosmetic rewards.

What else could they do?
  • Options
    Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahga
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    completely agree with op albeit i made similiar post back then that basically speak about rewarding old player(well you know it turn down pretty fast)
    i mean seriously why need to go more noob friendlier while they just in>messing around>quit few days later/play another game(we can agree progression in swgoh are much slower than any rpgs)
    and i think many successful ip such games, movies survive through the years because....vets
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird, but take a break. Give it a week. Don't worry about dailies, your arena rank, any of it. The thing is if after a week you want to come back, you'll easily be able to regain whatever was lost. In fact, you might even have renewed excitement about new goals. If you decide you're only playing due to habit, it'll be easy to walk away and find something that you do enjoy.

This. I took a month off over the summer and although I don't have Poggle to a 7* (what I could have used the GW tokens for), when I came back I was much more excited to play. The grind is definitely alive and real, but with the amount of information on the forums, any player can improve his or her game and make it easier and more enjoyable.