Game Update - 1/28/2016

Replies

• So did the refresh in GW changed yet it still shows using 50 crystals for me :/
  • DarthMunch wrote: »
    So did the refresh in GW changed yet it still shows using 50 crystals for me :/

Yep same here maybe it'll work tomorrow . If only I didn't have OCD :)
  • this game must be more simple to upgrade the heroes ( level, rank and stats )
  • Wow. What started out as a decent game at launch is becoming a hot mess as time goes by. I'm seeing a trend in these "updates." If something benefits the players too much then it must be taken away. Changing the retreat function was a perfect example of this. Why couldn't it stay the way it was originally intended? Because too many players were using the retreat to reach the top prizes and awards in GW. Why do we have to change the GW refresh? Because too many players are using it to max star their heroes too quickly.
    EA needs to break this down to the core of their logic.. why did you have to change something that the players ENJOYED using. What's wrong with players succeeding and winning at the game playing by the rules they were given?
    That begs to ask the question.. why the heck was GW a different currency to refresh and so cheap at that? No one saw that being a problem in the future? If you keep "taking away" instead of "giving" than you will start losing regular players faster than you gain temporary new players.
    On another note: I've never seen a free-to-play game like this that has NOTHING to offer in their store to buy. Only crystals. Why aren't their any heroes for sale... EVER?
    On on a final note: After three months of gameplay this game has devolved into little more than a slow grind to max heroes. Where are the special events where we can win unique heroes or some kind of special drop? Special squad arena events or something... anything? I've never played a mobile game that doesn't offer some kind of unique challenge at least monthly. So after players have maxed out a dozen heroes at level 70, what then? Boredom sets in that's what.
    BTW. Just adding new characters won't do the trick, because as players get closer to level 70, it's painfully slow and expensive to start leveling a character from 1. We need new exciting challenges to keep bringing us back month after month instead of moving on to the next hot mobile game.
  • Robobob wrote: »
    Wow. What started out as a decent game at launch is becoming a hot mess as time goes by. I'm seeing a trend in these "updates." If something benefits the players too much then it must be taken away. Changing the retreat function was a perfect example of this. Why couldn't it stay the way it was originally intended? Because too many players were using the retreat to reach the top prizes and awards in GW. Why do we have to change the GW refresh? Because too many players are using it to max star their heroes too quickly.
    EA needs to break this down to the core of their logic.. why did you have to change something that the players ENJOYED using. What's wrong with players succeeding and winning at the game playing by the rules they were given?
    That begs to ask the question.. why the heck was GW a different currency to refresh and so cheap at that? No one saw that being a problem in the future? If you keep "taking away" instead of "giving" than you will start losing regular players faster than you gain temporary new players.
    On another note: I've never seen a free-to-play game like this that has NOTHING to offer in their store to buy. Only crystals. Why aren't their any heroes for sale... EVER?
    On on a final note: After three months of gameplay this game has devolved into little more than a slow grind to max heroes. Where are the special events where we can win unique heroes or some kind of special drop? Special squad arena events or something... anything? I've never played a mobile game that doesn't offer some kind of unique challenge at least monthly. So after players have maxed out a dozen heroes at level 70, what then? Boredom sets in that's what.
    BTW. Just adding new characters won't do the trick, because as players get closer to level 70, it's painfully slow and expensive to start leveling a character from 1. We need new exciting challenges to keep bringing us back month after month instead of moving on to the next hot mobile game.

+1 special monthly events or challenges!...
  • i m a bit frustrated with the chromium packs. I have 8 7* cards now and seem to be getting only shards and chars that are 7* already making the rewards totally useless. Happend to me 5 times out of drawing the x8 pack 2 times. Thats 4600 crystals that got me 52 Kylo Ren shards and 20 JC shards. Is it possible to either exclude these? If not somekind of trade option would be nice. Not gonna buy more chromium packs untill this changes...
  • Robobob wrote: »
    Wow. What started out as a decent game at launch is becoming a hot mess as time goes by. I'm seeing a trend in these "updates." If something benefits the players too much then it must be taken away. Changing the retreat function was a perfect example of this. Why couldn't it stay the way it was originally intended? Because too many players were using the retreat to reach the top prizes and awards in GW. Why do we have to change the GW refresh? Because too many players are using it to max star their heroes too quickly.

This!! Exactly what I've been thinking. Like sure it's kinda addicting in the beginning but think long term this **** gets old real quick. Same game modes same limited game time. There either needs to be new game modes/challenges or a true pvp mode where you battle actual people and not an AI. Takes the fun out of it.
  • MaDSchusZ wrote: »
    i m a bit frustrated with the chromium packs. I have 8 7* cards now and seem to be getting only shards and chars that are 7* already making the rewards totally useless. Happend to me 5 times out of drawing the x8 pack 2 times. Thats 4600 crystals that got me 52 Kylo Ren shards and 20 JC shards. Is it possible to either exclude these? If not somekind of trade option would be nice. Not gonna buy more chromium packs untill this changes...

Trade in excess shards at the shard shop coming 'soon'.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • PinkEye wrote: »
    The gameplay has hardly changed. The game is designed to be a grind for everyone except for the people who pay premium money. I have been playing for free for about a month and have several characters. I couldn't say the same for many other free games. I understand the greasy wheel gets the oil, but the constant irritating whining is unbelievable. If you don't like it quit. The game developers have done a fine job of trying to respond to bug fixes and are on here taking a massive amount of criticism for that is essentially free. If it doesn't cost money they don't have a job. You the economy and all that. Outside of the fact that I bought Poe Dameron shards in squad cantina shipments and didn't receive them I can't really complain, and even then they still threw everyone a bone and gave them some 200 crystals. So anyways EA if you could give me those 5 Poe shards that would be cool, but you're doing a fine job. Keep your head up and ignore the naysayers. Clearly mommy didn't give them enough hugs growing up. <3

• Or squeaky....
  • bamachine
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    As I understand this, difficulty is based on your highest arena rank. I reached as high as 36 once but now can barely stay in top 100. I went from being able to breeze through GW to now can't get past halfway. I agree it was too easy before but it went too far in the other direction. About the midway point, I am facing teams with 7-8 lvls above me and while I have one 5 star character, they have all 6 star characters. If it is based off the highest arena rank you have ever obtained, you need to reset that number and start from this day forward. I have supported this game, not just a free player. I want some challenge but not impossible.
  • Star wars. The force awakens was a huge disappointment and now galaxy of heroes. Starwars with the penny pushing, money grabs is allso disappointing. Read all thease posts. It seams that im not the only one complaining about this shonky deal. We the dedicated fans have allready pumped millions into the franchise of Star wars. Stop the greedy routine, lower the cash price for crystalls and use the ingame gold for refresh's. I have 4.4 million in gold that is useless. Please, i beg you to update the game. Start listning to the gamers that actually play the game.
  • Hello guys! I think that there is a lot of work with this superb game. Not because difficult but for players who wants play for a long long months :)
    Always trying and trying...
  • I predict this game becoming forgotten sometime this year due to people getting bored and not enough game modes. Whether it be true PvP or like you team up with 3 randoms and play against 3 other randoms. Anything.
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    I predict this game becoming forgotten sometime this year due to people getting bored and not enough game modes. Whether it be true PvP or like you team up with 3 randoms and play against 3 other randoms. Anything.

This spring more likely. I'm so bored I don't even finish the dailies anymore. To even think about the dull repetition restart grind of GW now makes me just stop. I'll delete if this new update isn't reall spectacular.

Got my last months $ back by the way. Bait and switch... Nope! Bad customer service = money and customer loss.
  • I think EA will add not only new characters and stuff / gear but also new kind of chalenges so that game wasn't boring even for veterans ;)
    Always trying and trying...
  • bamachine
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I am all in for new content but fix the issues with the existing content first. The changes made to GW were done wrong. It should not be based off the highest rank you ever achieved in arena but on what your current arena rank happens to be. I hit as high as 36 but now can't even get into top 120. So I am facing teams in GW that whoever is currently rank 36 should be facing.

Again, it was too easy before and now they made it too hard. I cannot get past the halfway mark anymore. Now I am not like some, I have not sunk a fortune into the game but I have supported it with about the price you would pay for a console game.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    bamachine wrote: »
    I am all in for new content but fix the issues with the existing content first. The changes made to GW were done wrong. It should not be based off the highest rank you ever achieved in arena but on what your current arena rank happens to be. I hit as high as 36 but now can't even get into top 120. So I am facing teams in GW that whoever is currently rank 36 should be facing.

Again, it was too easy before and now they made it too hard. I cannot get past the halfway mark anymore. Now I am not like some, I have not sunk a fortune into the game but I have supported it with about the price you would pay for a console game.

Didn't realise that's how it worked. I agree though, for the last week, from about half way I start to get lvl 70 7 star teams (I'm lvl 68 with 6 7 star chars). Haven't gotten the last 2 GW nodes since then. I can usually give the first couple a good go but them being fresh and me without specials is skewed.

Don't even bother trying to reorg my teams anymore, just give up after a couple of goes.

Kind of sux.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.
    I can't express how infuriating this completely unnecessary and cheap move is.
    As we sit for weeks waiting for new content, you guys prioritize lame cash grabs. And nice timing, since you knew many of us were saving tokens in advance of the new release.
    Very nice.

Agree with this one. I haven't had the need to do refreshes in a while, since I'm still farming for Lumi and Phasma, so I basically spend my 1200 tokens daily. But shifting this to premium currency was yet another money grab move.

Why not shift the others to their respective currencies instead? (Cantina refreshes for 10 cantina tokens, and Arena refreshes for 10 pvp tokens).

Because then they wouldn't get as much money and we all know they choose profit over customer satisfaction

See, what you're forgetting is not everything is about money. The real reason for this is their future plans to add new characters to shipments. They see people with 30k+ tokens laying around and EA/CG knows they don't have enough content...

So they're making sure any little bit of new content they ado will take as long as possible for players to complete.
    Why do u think they added QGJ to cantina instead of arena shipments? Why do you think FOTP is only hard mode farmable. They know their game is a sad weak shell of a game and want to make sure players can't rush thru it.

Or if they do wanna rush that they gotta pay..

ok maybe it is all about money

If you ever played an r2games game, you would see what "all about money" is all about.

This is far from that
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • We need a shatterpoint skill or something iconic for Mace Windu, he is trash right now and desperately needs a buff of some sort
  • Should i farm for greedo Finland im level 37
  • Missi3011 wrote: »
    Should i farm for greedo If
    im level 37

• We need a shatterpoint skill or something iconic for Mace Windu, he is trash right now and desperately needs a buff of some sort

Not only him... Boba, Cad Bane (all scoundrels) or Anakin need a buff too. Dont know why people only talk about Mace
  • bamachine wrote: »

GW is supposed to be challenging. The algorithm for choosing matches must include some extent of what your total arsenal is capable of. If they don't and do it your way people like me that have
    5* HK, 7* 88 86 JC Lumi would be able to drop arena rank and literally autopilot ALL of the GW battles in less than 8 minutes.

• Units revived still gain buffs.
    Ole daka gains armor penetration and offense up upon revive
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • Refreshing Energy is 50-100-... and Cantina Energy is 100-200-....
    It usually was 50-50-100-... and 100-100-200-....

Working as intended (if so that is a bit harsh)? Visual bug? Please confirm.

Thanks
  • darkside
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Drayden wrote: »
    Refreshing Energy is 50-100-... and Cantina Energy is 100-200-....
    It usually was 50-50-100-... and 100-100-200-....

Working as intended (if so that is a bit harsh)? Visual bug? Please confirm.

Thanks

I dont think so. The energy cantina is 100-200-400...
  • Harmson wrote: »
    Koney wrote: »
    So is FOTP 7* going to get fixed some day? I mean if it's intended to be like that I'd really like to know.

FOTP is a glass cannon. He's meant to be how he is

He is a glass cannon with more hitpoints than most tanks..... That is what they want fixed. During the upgrade a stat gets switched and he gets massive hitpoints, so he hits really hard and is really hard to take down.

How many hit points a character has isn't important, his defense is. Seeming how I can 2 shot FOTP regardless of his star rating and life count, tells me his defense is **** and so i dont care about the accidental bonus health he acquired lol
  • Galactic War!!!!!

What the HELL!!! After the third fight Enemy Opponents Up on Level 61 62...total crash...my team out...everyone

I am at Level 55...

really it Sucks so hard...at level 53 it was a really good Chance to win GW...now its not possible...

Thanks for the Update but...you better reset it again...or bring GW back on a realistic opponent Level...

may the force be with us...cause EA ain't. ..
  • Maskarii wrote: »
    Galactic War!!!!!

What the HELL!!! After the third fight Enemy Opponents Up on Level 61 62...total crash...my team out...everyone

I am at Level 55...

really it Sucks so hard...at level 53 it was a really good Chance to win GW...now its not possible...

Thanks for the Update but...you better reset it again...or bring GW back on a realistic opponent Level...

may the force be with us...cause EA ain't. ..

I am totally with you!

It is nearly impossible to win all GW fights right now. Noramaly the enemy started with level 55 units at the first stage. Now they start at 64 and are at lvl 69 (most of them 6/7*) at stage 8.

Please change whatever you did :disappointed:
This discussion has been closed.