The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Heavy hitter searching for heroic aat guild
    294742412 , 1st to 3rd in squad everyday. Simming zetas. Someone who is in a heroic aat please add me !
  • Options
    Not enough value in these for me to consider them.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Somehow this thread fell off the front page...not sure how ;)
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Evelyn
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Moderators / Admins

My post had nothing to do with the Citadel Pack. Thanks for burying it. I'll remake the thread until you stop needlessly merging it.
    Post edited by Evelyn on
  • Options
    I was waiting for OOM-9 and other battle droids to be released for that upcoming update because those robots are my favorite characters in the galaxy. They are adaptable, loyal, and can be deadly to form a strong army. I always wanted to have a collection of droids.
  • Options
    Good post. Not sure how else to state this so I'll break it down this way.

1. Price & Availability. You mentioned Rex and SunFac. Pre-Wedge, what other P2P character aside from Rex is still really viable in Arena? I started playing in early December and SunFac has disappeared from my top-10 and I'm sure not much else is there in the top-20+. Cody, Echo? All of these P2P characters that were either no good to begin with or irrelevant now in Arena. Clones can at least be good in raid with Cody zeta. If EA is intending to cycle P2P characters with a starting cost ranging from $500 - $1,000 and then cycle them into F2P farming within 2 to 3 month, what incentive is there to pay? You have your ultra-compulsive shoppers that will do it but that's not a large percentage of the population I wouldn't think. Why should we buy characters? Aside from character, you still have to farm zeta's in omegas, and at this point to farm two sets of zetas, you're probably close to the 2-month mark at the rate in-which zeta's drop / don't drop (depending on your POV) in the challenge. There is no incentive to buy them.

2. Once you buy the character: The character you buy is not even guaranteed to be good. Characters are incredibly dependent upon Mods. If you can't get your character up to a certain speed, then they are going to suck anyway. They should give us the characters for free and make us pay for the better mods instead because that's what it really takes, character quality is as relevant as mod-quality. As I mentioned above, everybody has a zeta ability or two. With how bad the zeta challenge drop rates are, it's about 3 weeks to farm one set of zeta. Again, you're sitting there with your newly purchased character and can't even use him for 3 weeks. Once you have the mods and zeta's for your character, they still may not even be good. I did not buy the packs because the price was ridiculous and I don't want my wife to leave me. But I did max gear DT and DK, put my best mods on them, max abiltiies, got the turn order I wanted, and found that Krennic is not that good and had to replace him. So if I would've paid for him, I would now have a character that I can't even use competitively. DT is a pretty solid character, BUUUUUT, I had to put 105 speed on him to be competitive and I could afford to give him more to be honest. Still not worth a couple hundred dollars. So kind of like what comes first the chicken or the egg, what's more important, the character or the mods?

In response.

1. Sun Fac was a viable tank in Arena. Not sure of the rank range you currently are at or if you are on an older difficult shard. On my arena, the usual suspects in top 10 is roughly 40-40-20 Rebels-Empire-others ratio wise in terms of teams. There are 4 guys with Gen Kenobi who are usually flanked by Chaze with Boba or Zariss and for the empire teams I'm seeing Maul and Zader teams. The one clone team that's been around and actually ranked up along side me has changed from a Rex lead to a Zody lead. Surprisngly there's still a Drawa team that I see. Sun Fac was a good tank with his removal primary and high hp. He still is viable with the right setup especially if you build a Zariss time out team (there's this one guy whose team is built mainly to outlast the timer and I've lost several times due to time outs on this guy)

Rex was of course the better choice as he was great in Rancor and also great counter as a fast Rex against Palp empire teams. If you think about it, Baze is really a Sun Fac on steroids. Of course with the current meta, Sun Fac isn't as good as he was before because Shore and Baze

2. Since I've started playing, the P2P characters have all been good. Chaze is one great example and Deathnic seems to be setup to be the new arena meta but time will tell. I'm not even bothering with them because of the price of this pack and what you get.

In terms of worth, of course this will be in the eyes of the beholder. For me, I'm not even sure at 3K if I can be considered a Dolphin, it is of course too expensive. I bought most of my mods and I even buy credits to level up the mods. Even the last R1 packs where you have a shot to get everyone except Jyn, I bought 10 of those packs and then felt very cheated. Search on Reddit, someone did an analysis of the drop rates and it seems like it wasn't RNG based from the data that can be seen (my drop rates were exactly like that guy's which is why I believed his data was legit)

The recent packs have been a total disaster in terms of price vs reward compared to the packs from before.

Again this is just my opinion and I've actually budgeted 300-500USD/month to spend on this game and right now as the way things are, no spending since mid-Jan when I last bought the 100 bucks 15k crystals pack
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for about 5 months and have spent some $$$ for crystals. Didn't mind until I saw the cost of the Citadel Pack. I've been holding back on spending anything since. Its just too much for five shards and most disappointing since I was waiting to stage my own "Empire Strikes Back" in the Arena with an Empire team. Its got boring fighting the same supporting cast of Wiggs and other rebel scum with their one trick pony moves.

Its even more disappointing that one week into its release of the Citadel Pack and negative comments on this mega thread EA has stayed silent and not adjusted the price. I'll stay silent with my wallet too...
  • Options
    Wasn't the shore pack 1100 crystals for 10 shards each? Or there about anyways.

I do want to point out the extra omega shards and skill shards are worthless to me so adding things like that to a pack do not add value. I'm willing to pay fair price for shards or to use crystals for gear in the shop. Basically the packs need to provide a better value then a new piece of gear.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Wasn't the shore pack 1100 crystals for 10 shards each? Or there about anyways.

I do want to point out the extra omega shards and skill shards are worthless to me so adding things like that to a pack do not add value. I'm willing to pay fair price for shards or to use crystals for gear in the shop. Basically the packs need to provide a better value then a new piece of gear.

Agree that the shoretrooper pack was a much better price point (although I only bought enough of that to get shore to 5*), but omegas being useless? I am very jealous.
  • Options
    Packs have all been a poor value as of late. Even the mod packs (which i maxed many times), had poor returns (in general) the last few times they were offered (general view and confirmation bias present!). This current pack and what will surely be the same model with Nihilus is ridiculous. My card will stay in my pocket.
  • Veider1991
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My opinion - its so expensive. I bought packs with ST and pack with rebels , but Citadel - no
    Post edited by Veider1991 on
  • Options
    I agree that the direction they are moving in is a positive one. I do think that 2 of your observations conflict a bit with one of CG/EA's goals for the game, to make money. I dont mind if they keep the time delay to 4-6 weeks between release/premium packs to aurodium packs to farmable. Honestly I was a bit surprised they didn't increase the time a bit more. I feel like, going with your second observation, that the premium packs were set at too steep of a price point. Sure they could lower them some but there still has to be some form of incentive to get people to buy them at the start. A 4 week advantage for that investment of money would definitely discourage people from buying it. I even feel that a 2 month advantage will price alot of people out of it as they wont feel like there is a worthwhile return on their investment. Of course CG can bring this back with altering the price point but then they are compromising profit per pack for total sales, a balancing act to play.

So with all that said I am happy with the new transparency and direction it shows and I just hope that it is sustainable for their revenue goals also so that they can keep pumping resources into developing the game further.
  • Options
    I'm curious how it works out. If a character is available for farm in 2 to 3 months, then why the heck would anybody spend $500 to $1K to buy them up-front? What incentive is that?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious how it works out. If a character is available for farm in 2 to 3 months, then why the heck would anybody spend $500 to $1K to buy them up-front? What incentive is that?

It may take 2-3 months just to farm. So delay is 4-6months..
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options

No one will spend $500-1k and won't need to and here's why:.

Assume Nihlius comes out this way and is part of some OP meta team. The "whale" only needs to buy enough citadels to upgrade him 1 star higher than he unlocks at to be "better" than all the other Nihlius out there. There's no urgency to go from unlock to 7* on day zero. If the toon releases at 3*, this could be just 1-2 packs. A lucky and feisty whale might even get 2 more stars. $60 for this advantage. Having this star advantage will be just enough of an edge to keep them ahead of F2p for the next 4-6 weeks. Then, when chromiums come out, the whales finish of the 7* and are now way way far ahead of that F2p team for another 4-6 weeks. Plus, whales will always outgear f2p on any new toon almost immediately
  • Options
    Anyone remember how much Plasma T.Vs were in the early 2000s when first released to the public? I remember seeing some go as high as $8,000 dollars for a 25 inch plasma. Now you can get a 52 inch plasma T.V for $500 dollars.

New things always cost a lot when first introduced and I'm not about to get mad or be jealous about others who choose to spend their own money on something they want.

I'm just glad to have those toons unlocked. I'll just max their gear and wait til they become farmable. It's really not a big deal to me anyways, that just my opinion and how I look at the whole Citadel fiasco.
  • Options
    Just my 2 cents... I've been playing this game daily for over 13 months now. I don't like this new pricing structure. It's way too expensive for those of us who aren't rich. Why not go back to the old method of releasing toons in Galactic War, Arena, and/or Cantina shipments? They are running the very real risk of alienating and angering 90% of the player base in order to chase a few bucks. Ultimately, it could ruin the game completely.

Giving us all 3* toons for "free" via events is hardly useful since we can't use them in raids until they are 7*.
  • Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents... I've been playing this game daily for over 13 months now. I don't like this new pricing structure. It's way too expensive for those of us who aren't rich. Why not go back to the old method of releasing toons in Galactic War, Arena, and/or Cantina shipments? They are running the very real risk of alienating and angering 90% of the player base in order to chase a few bucks. Ultimately, it could ruin the game completely.

Giving us all 3* toons for "free" via events is hardly useful since we can't use them in raids until they are 7*.
    +100000000000000

When we are gonna see new toons added to GW, arena, cantina shipments again?!?!

That was good old times for this game....
  • Options
    I really can't believe that with the outcry on not only these forums but also Reddit and even prominent YouTubers, nobody from EA said anything this week? Aside from mentioning the "Cadence" which basically said, unless you're an incredibly impulsive shopper, you never have to buy another character again because it will be free to farm in 2 to 3 months. I really can't believe nobody from EA said anything. And the moderators and people wonder why the community gets upset about things. @EA_Jesse
  • Options
    I really can't believe that with the outcry on not only these forums but also Reddit and even prominent YouTubers, nobody from EA said anything this week? Aside from mentioning the "Cadence" which basically said, unless you're an incredibly impulsive shopper, you never have to buy another character again because it will be free to farm in 2 to 3 months. I really can't believe nobody from EA said anything. And the moderators and people wonder why the community gets upset about things. @EA_Jesse

+1 good call bud
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    moved in game updates thread
  • Options
    I can't post my honest feedback about the packs, because they're discouraging me. Get rid of those insulting prices.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    f2p since k2so mistake and proud to be first in arena and im in a guild doing heroic what's the point spending money they will all be free 1-3 months after release what a waste of money
  • DrD
    91 posts Member
    Options
    I've gathered updated numbers from swgoh.gg that compare the pack's performance for its first 2 days to those of its first full week. Certainly suggests that spending slowed down to almost nothing after the first couple days.

cCE4DSB.png
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for about 5 months and have spent some $$$ for crystals. Didn't mind until I saw the cost of the Citadel Pack. I've been holding back on spending anything since. Its just too much for five shards and most disappointing since I was waiting to stage my own "Empire Strikes Back" in the Arena with an Empire team. Its got boring fighting the same supporting cast of Wiggs and other rebel scum with their one trick pony moves.

Its even more disappointing that one week into its release of the Citadel Pack and negative comments on this mega thread EA has stayed silent and not adjusted the price. I'll stay silent with my wallet too...

It's cheaper than the past packs. Which you wouldn't know unless you actually bought the packs.

Why don't you use your real forum account? You really think anyone is fooled by this one post fake account?
  • Options
    Osisiv wrote: »

It's cheaper than the past packs. Which you wouldn't know unless you actually bought the packs.

Why don't you use your real forum account? You really think anyone is fooled by this one post fake account?

Cheaper than what?
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    tomates302 wrote: »
    f2p since k2so mistake and proud to be first in arena and im in a guild doing heroic what's the point spending money they will all be free 1-3 months after release what a waste of money

More like 4-6months
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options

I think you answered your own question? I guess I misunderstood? But the packs are cheaper than before. If you do the math on actual results from prior packs, the Citadel Pack is clearly better. I guess they could have confirmed this, but they've never discussed drop rates before so it could be their policy not to.

These "YouTubers", that ironically make money using EA/CG content and customers, are making biased "reviews" and spreading false rumors to slow pack sales. Don't trust them. Unless you really believe dishonest reviews like the one from smithid who announced that Krennick was not good for the AAT raid. That's if anyone can listen to that horrible radio announcer voice.

Do your own math from your own results and you'll see what's up.

• Options

I think you answered your own question? I guess I misunderstood? But the packs are cheaper than before. If you do the math on actual results from prior packs, the Citadel Pack is clearly better. I guess they could have confirmed this, but they've never discussed drop rates before so it could be their policy not to.

These "YouTubers", that ironically make money using EA/CG content and customers, are making biased "reviews" and spreading false rumors to slow pack sales. Don't trust them. Unless you really believe dishonest reviews like the one from smithid who announced that Krennick was not good for the AAT raid. That's if anyone can listen to that horrible radio announcer voice.

Troll is obvious.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Troll is obvious.

No - you are wrong. This pack was such a deal - if I was you I would try to sell liver or at least kidney because it worth it :smile:
This discussion has been closed.