The Citadel Pack (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    I really can't believe that with the outcry on not only these forums but also Reddit and even prominent YouTubers, nobody from EA said anything this week? Aside from mentioning the "Cadence" which basically said, unless you're an incredibly impulsive shopper, you never have to buy another character again because it will be free to farm in 2 to 3 months. I really can't believe nobody from EA said anything. And the moderators and people wonder why the community gets upset about things. @EA_Jesse

I think you answered your own question? I guess I misunderstood? But the packs are cheaper than before. If you do the math on actual results from prior packs, the Citadel Pack is clearly better. I guess they could have confirmed this, but they've never discussed drop rates before so it could be their policy not to.

These "YouTubers", that ironically make money using EA/CG content and customers, are making biased "reviews" and spreading false rumors to slow pack sales. Don't trust them. Unless you really believe dishonest reviews like the one from smithid who announced that Krennick was not good for the AAT raid. That's if anyone can listen to that horrible radio announcer voice.

Do your own math from your own results and you'll see what's up.

I've been playing since December 2015 and I use to buy Auroidum packs and Chromium exclusive and would spend between $200 - $225. The thing with Chromium packs is you would also get other characters too. For instance, when Cody was the exclusive I was getting multiple Cody drops for each pack and I also got SunFac shards at the same time and 7-starred both of them for $200. So if the Citadel packs are let's say $1,000 and I'm saying $1,000 because I have two guildies that did buy them and I've seen other references to $800 and $1,400, so $1,000 is roughly in the middle. That's for two characters, so if you split it in-half for each character that's $500 or 2.3-times the cost of what characters were. I'm not sure how you see these as cheaper.

I have all P2P characters except Zam or the 7-star Rebels because those packs were a little out of hand on price too, but I'm not a prude about spending money either. This is just obscene for pixels that you don't own and for pixels that will be F2P in a couple months and by the time they're F2P they might even be irrelevant in the meta of that time.
    Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I really can't believe that with the outcry on not only these forums but also Reddit and even prominent YouTubers, nobody from EA said anything this week? Aside from mentioning the "Cadence" which basically said, unless you're an incredibly impulsive shopper, you never have to buy another character again because it will be free to farm in 2 to 3 months. I really can't believe nobody from EA said anything. And the moderators and people wonder why the community gets upset about things. @EA_Jesse

I think you answered your own question? I guess I misunderstood? But the packs are cheaper than before. If you do the math on actual results from prior packs, the Citadel Pack is clearly better. I guess they could have confirmed this, but they've never discussed drop rates before so it could be their policy not to.

These "YouTubers", that ironically make money using EA/CG content and customers, are making biased "reviews" and spreading false rumors to slow pack sales. Don't trust them. Unless you really believe dishonest reviews like the one from smithid who announced that Krennick was not good for the AAT raid. That's if anyone can listen to that horrible radio announcer voice.

I'm eagerly waiting for your unbiased review on 7* Krennic in the AAT raid :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

Thanks for the update EA :smile:
  • Options
    I'm renting out my garage to support my citadel addiction. If anyone needs a place near Los Angeles pm me. Until then I can't afford the new toons...
  • Options

Troll at best.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good news for anyone still bothered by this.

After experimenting with them at higher gear levels, they're not very good. As in Kenobi and rex shut them down hard. I've been running them in GW and constantly have to switch them out to beat higher end teams.

So, let's all relax. EA saved some of us a lot of money here by making the cost so ridiculous. I would have easily spent around $200 to 7* them the minute the pack was released since they look great on paper, but so glad I wasn't given the opportunity to do so. My only regret is putting any gear on them at all.
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

After experimenting with them at higher gear levels, they're not very good. As in Kenobi and rex shut them down hard. I've been running them in GW and constantly have to switch them out to beat higher end teams.

So, let's all relax. EA saved some of us a lot of money here by making the cost so ridiculous. I would have easily spent around $200 to 7* them the minute the pack was released since they look great on paper, but so glad I wasn't given the opportunity to do so. My only regret is putting any gear on them at all.

True
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

I have great results in GW using EP lead, Vader, Deathtrooper, TFP, and Shoretrooper. My DT is 3 stars, level 85, gear 11. Just a suggestion if you want to find a use for your geared DT.
  • Options
    I agree with you all. I had no interest in the citadel pack, but was stoked for 2 new imperial ships. Noted out of that purchase right quick.

As a dolphin that has spent far too much on this game, I'm going to echo what many here have said about going f2p. These prices tipped me to the pount that i dont want tonspend anymore. Ive found that once you get a few meta teams, there's really no need to spend anymore. Gear from raids flows fairly quickly and the fleet shipments are a bastion of hope for the cuffs, guns, and other insane gear.

Sure, you have to wait longer to get that coveted gear 11, but it comes and it feels great to see my money invested paying off and allowing me to retire from spending.

Try it yourself and see.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Here's a thought... The characters barely matter, its more about Mods than anything. Good characters dont seem to work on my server unless you can throw a minimum of +100 speed on them through Mods. How about just giving us the character and sell us Mods? Without great Mods the characters simply dont matter.

So here's two pricing model ideas. 1. Just call this game what it is, a premium game, and charge a monthly fee and download fee. 2. Give us the charcaters and sell mods instead.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    This game as proven the old proverb wrong:

"You can shear a sheep many times but you can skin him only once."

They skin players left and right... and more than once...lol

If the community as a whole wants things to change... its easy, don't buy.

I've set in my mind what I believe it's a fair trade, anything more than that and I won't pay. I won't pay for these packs.

Now, going forward... if this continues to be the rule concerning the price of packs, meaning people are buying them in a relevant quantity making it profitable to EA/CG....

I, either a) accept that this as become a "rolls royce" auto stand, in which I can't afford to buy a car, so I just make some test drives and keep my money... or b) I go look for a game in which I can afford to buy the "car".

Thats it. Complaining won't get us anywhere.
  • Ego12Draconis
    251 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Funny how those thread rules highlight time and time again not to discourage anyone from spending and paying, someone's really needing it
    Post edited by Ego12Draconis on
  • Options
    I spent $100 to get B2 along w/ Sunfac in an Arodium pack. Best money I've spent in swgoh! The final one only did poorly as it was a, cup, of a character. Not just the new pack listed above, but the 1100 gem cards as well, need to be replaced by the old Arodium! Even if it took 2 vaults worth, for say Chirut? I'd be happy to do it. But this insanity needs to end. I will buy a piece of gear now and again. Maybe even a mod, if speed secondary is showing! But I will never buy a pack at these prices/drop-rate. Thanks for hearing my cries.
    ~72D3~
  • EliteProTypA
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It is good. :)
    Post edited by EliteProTypA on
This discussion has been closed.