Game update: for 2/15/2017 (Lord of Hunger) MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Options
    Love it. You may want to edit the title to remove the callout to devs, we don't want this idea going away.
  • Options
    Forreal tho this would be so awesome
  • Options
    Being an avid player that has made a few mistakes gearing up characters, having the Ally points at the end of the Daily Activities, is amazing. It has gotten me from not really enjoying the game to finally playing the game hourly. It has helped now that I understand what to use those Ally points for.
    I can see in the near future when my characters are LVL 85 and fully geared how those Ally points will be just sitting there accumulating but that is not a good reason to just get rid of them. Make them useful, let them buy shards in the store, let them go towards something other than just gear. Make it so they can be turned in for raid gear so the people that are not in huge guilds can have that gear. Do something other than take them away.
    I have friends that want to start an account but now because the Ally points aren’t there in the Daily Activities I can’t recommend this game to anyone to start out because they are at a huge disadvantage. I think that making the ally points disappear was a bad choice.
  • Options
    I bought a 4 card chromium yesterday, first time I've dropped crystals in the shop in months, and got her plus 10 extra shards.
  • Options
    Interesting thanks again for the feedback. I'm leaning worth a couple mega packs. I don't really want to wait the 4-6 weeks for her to turn up in a rough farm like **** or one hard node. Since there are so many other characters that will get on the table around the same time I don't see her being the easy farm out of the bunch
  • Options
    Im mostly asking this as it seems a bit unfair that he has a 1 hit kill and with a Sith leader giving TM + a bunch of speed mods he could probably be using it a lot sooner
  • Options
    How can anyone really know without using him?
  • Options
    Well its simple... kill him first.

But thats where they need the sith Trooper
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    biggs can use it first turn. I think we'll manage.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'd like to spend ally points on sim tickets. This would let me spend my daily crystal allotment on energy refreshes (character shards and gear).
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

he has an unavoidable 1 shot kill every 8 turns that regens his health = to the insta-kills hp
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Zaders DOTs will help Nihilus a lot

Well Nihilus will be adding one DOT every turn he has from his unique. It feels like Zader would be a better fit for Nihilus. Also won't Sooper be a lot less effective under a Zaul lead since he is a Sith and would gain Taunt when he is critically hit? That defeats the purpose of his taunt
  • Options
    I was just wondering if there has been any info on twitter, reddit etc about the 4th Lord of Hunger event, as the description says battle against Nihilus, rather than with him.

I am hoping for a yoda/palps style event which might mean we may actually be able to get him to 7 stars rather than 3
  • Options
    Zaul lead doesn't apply stealth to taunting sith. They changed that this update because of Sith Trooper.

Oh, that's what that meant. That's pretty good then. Also why would you use Nihilus' leader ability? It has so many negatives that apply to your squad, one of which being that you can't critically hit
  • Options
    C_Man101 wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

he has an unavoidable 1 shot kill every 8 turns that regens his health = to the insta-kills hp

I realize what the skill says. But any answer is pure speculation at this point as he is not available yet. Tough to say it's fair or not fair if he hasn't been used.
  • Options
    Toss my 3 purchases in: none of the full characters were R1...

But, I did get Baze shards repeatedly (I didn't need them, but you might), and one set of shards for chirrut, one set for cassian, and two sets for Jyn. Since i needed 10 shards, 10 shards, and 20 shards respectively to tier them up, I was pretty ok with that.
  • Options
    Are people really running out of sim tickets? I have over 3000...
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Are people really running out of sim tickets? I have over 3000...

I only have 99.
  • Options
    I run out daily. I don't have time to play through missions and have to sim. I barely stay afloat with the given tickets from dailies.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    @xReDeMpx can you Make a video? I'll like to see him geared up vs a meta team.

Know a good app recommendation for recording for IOS? I'm more than happy to do so

If you have a Mac, you can use quicktime to record your iOS devices screen/audio.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • Options
    Amorgan wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there has been any info on twitter, reddit etc about the 4th Lord of Hunger event, as the description says battle against Nihilus, rather than with him.

I am hoping for a yoda/palps style event which might mean we may actually be able to get him to 7 stars rather than 3

I wouldn't count on it. The Krennic event was described the same way. It just means for the last event you don't get a buddy and you have to fight the new toons.
  • Options
    I bought one mega pack, pulled a full Jyn and two sets of 10 shards for her
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just curious what the drop rate is like? If it's decent Ido probably get a vault and try my luck

4 vaults to max according to reddit.
  • Options
    Amorgan wrote: »
    I am hoping for world peace and winning next week's lottery.

• Options
    I can wait to max her I just want the unlock. Yall javelin giving me some hope though
  • Options
    At level 69, I was hoping to keep the 6k plus gain a day of them as I was hoping to star up my royal guard that way.
  • Options
    T_Landis wrote: »

Know a good app recommendation for recording for IOS? I'm more than happy to do so

If you have a Mac, you can use quicktime to record your iOS devices screen/audio.

@T_Landis
    Can you use quicktime on iPhones? I know it works on the computer, but I've never used it on my phone before.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Happy Thursday folks! We've updated the first post of this Megathread with some quick FAQs regarding Darth Nihilus-
    tumblr_mc6hjrDfBg1qazab5o1_500.gif

That's ok too! I'll post them here so I don't distract from the now
    Darth Nihilus FAQ

Will using Drain Force to increase the cooldowns of a character with 2 special abilities decrease the cooldown of Annihilate by 2?
    • No. Drain Force can only decrease the cooldown of Annihilate by 1 (max) per target hit.

Will the cooldown of Annihilate reset at the start of each battle in Galactic War?
    • Yes.
    How does Annihilate interact with Raid Bosses?
    • Annihilate deals massive damage (99999) to Raid Bosses, but Nihilus does not gain Max Health.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

@T_Landis
    Can you use quicktime on iPhones? I know it works on the computer, but I've never used it on my phone before.

You hook up the iPhone to the Mac with the lightning cable, and open quicktime on your Mac, and select the iPhone as the video/audio source for recording.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

@T_Landis

You hook up the iPhone to the Mac with the lightning cable, and open quicktime on your Mac, and select the iPhone as the video/audio source for recording.

Unfortunately no access to a computer:/

Any other apps I may be able use?