The Darth Nihilus (Comments) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    For my point of view, nothing is bad about Nihilus. Great design, good job EA/CG
    Looking forward to see him in action.
    Don' t get cold feet
  • Options
    I love him and I think he adds a lot of different utility, not necessarily OP. You lose your crits (can probably be avoided with offense mods...) but definitely adds same survivability. Too bad no F2P is going to see him. 35/50 shards are you for real.

35/50 shards for a "marquee" event is laughable. Like, why?
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Roflmao :D seems pretty much everyone could get all the shards for him as a lot of my lower lv guildies are saying same thing about nihlus soloing t4....

I guess that just reinforced my statement that.

THE FIRST PERSON TO MAX DARTH NIHLUS WILL DEVOUR THERE SHARD!

Their shard.

Watch your table manners.

/jk
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus is ready to perform Annihilate on my credit card ;-)

I wonder how quickly I can take out a second mortgage.
  • Options
    I love him and I think he adds a lot of different utility, not necessarily OP. You lose your crits (can probably be avoided with offense mods...) but definitely adds same survivability. Too bad no F2P is going to see him. 35/50 shards are you for real.

There will be another event to get nihilius shards in 2 days.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

You do realize that there is another event in 2 days that will give you more of his shards?
  • Options
    Sorry but Nihilus is op, I'm level 60 and I basically soloed tier 4 with him
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not to say anyone is wrong, but have we ever seen an equal lvl of performance between the "event character" and the playable one we all get.

Most people say they are buffed and don't feel they perform up to snuff later.
  • Options
    DarthMalak wrote: »
    You cant compare arena with this event. Lol

So you can not predict anything in real life.

So clear how skill work is enough to judge.

• Options
    Id say the best toon allaround is rex,b2 and then ep
  • Options
    I dunno, but I do feel he is OP. The only limitation on his uber-kill ability is the cooldown, but he has a built in ability to reduce it quickly in his Force Drain ability. The only downside to him I saw in all four levels was that he's slow. But guarenteed, unavoidable insta-kill? With no resurrection? Yeah; that's not OP or anything...
  • Options
    Definitely the best, and with the best designed team (Sith). Sith are built all around debuffs; they all apply them by the bucket-full. And hey, DN has a 100% chance to increase your cooldowns AND decrease his insta-kill ability cooldown if you have them and he uses force drain! Yeah, THAT's fair and balanced. By the end of the first round he can reduce that cooldown from 8 to 2. Boom. If you don't kill him in two rounds, he's killing any character you have, no matter how strong. Welcome to the new meta.
  • Options
    Did anyone notice if your Sith were laying down crits or not? I ran Zaul lead with Nilly guest ally lead and wasn't paying close attention.. to crits.

Xio
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    catcat881 wrote: »
    I assume that EA have tested Nihilus well, what do you think?

Yes, ofc.

Its the same guy that tested the aat normal, the release version.

Also, the same people that QA'd mods....right before the two day Nerf hammer. :D

I'm not saying he'll be overpowered or anything...but if he was crazy OP, they left him that way for a few weeks, whales and dolphins cracked open their piggy banks, then EA "fixed" him a couple weeks later...let's just say I wouldn't be shocked.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    His basic can dispel...its not like a taunter is changing his gameplay...hence thats where jyn/ackbar come in.

Then Boba or tie pilot instead! :)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I dunno, but I do feel he is OP. The only limitation on his uber-kill ability is the cooldown, but he has a built in ability to reduce it quickly in his Force Drain ability. The only downside to him I saw in all four levels was that he's slow. But guarenteed, unavoidable insta-kill? With no resurrection? Yeah; that's not OP or anything...

Wiggs start insta-kill with no CD. I find cool that a toon starts an OP ability on CD like the ships. I think it'll come more often now. Moreover, he'll use his insta-kill maybe once a battle, not worth than Culling blade or Execute that are also kind of insta-kill. CD is reduce by 100% only if enemies are debuffed, so 5 turns less max. After the first Annihilate, this amount is reduced and so on.

So, he's not OP but he's clearly in tunes with the times.
  • Options
    i'm personally NOT impressed. his insta kill is decent but otherwise he hits like a wet noodle and he doesnt suck all that much from is AOE.

The insta kill is miles above "decent". He can kill any target, and he can't miss. Said target can't be revived. And that AOE you're disparaging is the key to the character. It isn't about the damage he does, it's about reducing the cooldowns on his insta-kill. Unless you're a total **** or the unluckiest SOB on the planet, you will NEVER wait 8 turns on that. Ever. Sith characters are all about debuffs, and when he uses his AOE, any debuffed character will reduce the insta-kill by one. I never waited more than three turns the first time I used it. Even at the end, when I killed everyone but Krennick, I still only waited 5 turns for it.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    i'm personally NOT impressed. his insta kill is decent but otherwise he hits like a wet noodle and he doesnt suck all that much from is AOE.

i like sith assassin better.

Anything is decent at rank 200/300 arena.
  • Options
    So Rex and Yoda will be the traditional counter to avoid reducing the CD by 5 turns in one shot. As for the others debuff teams.
  • Options
    His powers are shocking at first here...but idk exactly what the unique is supposed to do...add that annihilated toons max hp to his total hp? Or just heal for the max hp of the annihilated toon.

The later seems more likey as his other abilities are just OP...i was under impression from the wording of his unique that he gained max hp = to max hp of the annihilated toon...i dont think thats the case...if anyone has more feedback on this please enlighten us.

• Options
    Definitely the best, and with the best designed team (Sith). Sith are built all around debuffs; they all apply them by the bucket-full. And hey, DN has a 100% chance to increase your cooldowns AND decrease his insta-kill ability cooldown if you have them and he uses force drain! Yeah, THAT's fair and balanced. By the end of the first round he can reduce that cooldown from 8 to 2. Boom. If you don't kill him in two rounds, he's killing any character you have, no matter how strong. Welcome to the new meta.

Well. Stun biggs, increses his cooldown then oneshot this nasty rebel.. Seems fair to me
  • Options
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    Roflmao :D seems pretty much everyone could get all the shards for him as a lot of my lower lv guildies are saying same thing about nihlus soloing t4....

I guess that just reinforced my statement that.

THE FIRST PERSON TO MAX DARTH NIHLUS WILL DEVOUR THERE SHARD!

Umm, what if someone else maxs him? And you could counter him with ability block or your Nihilus.

Sounds like it will come down to who has the best speed mods. That will be a nice change :smile:
  • Options

Assuming all hits from Force Drain actually land and nobody resists. Get high evasion or tenacity and you have some solid 5 rounds to mock him for a useless skill. Yoda could pretty much counter him, as he provides both. Of course, Yoda has the disadvantage of being a Jedi, against other Sith.
  • Options
    This is the only way to fix this.

It means taking a risk and letting rng take it's way.

It also gives better strategy to favorise killing a certain hero before anihilation pops up.
  • Options
    Krennic is worthless. All those folks who spent money on him and DT = LOL!

IMG_0223.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The unique is whats puzzling me...is it supposed to add the annihilated toons max hp to nihlus's max hp? Or simply heal nihlus by the annihilated toons max hp?

The wording on it confused me and i cant see it again atm.

Anyway..i think using jyn with nihlus will address his speed problem, and also allow you to better manipulate his aoe cooldown INCREASE for enemies making him a real PITA.

As far as crits went..i did use a vader lead in conjunction with nihlus for that sweet sweet 90% Offense boost...my vader did a non crit basic for 18k and healed over 20k from it. So yeah i can see just 60% being on par if not slightly better than normal simply by raising tbe minimum dmg output.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Did anyone notice if your Sith were laying down crits or not? I ran Zaul lead with Nilly guest ally lead and wasn't paying close attention.. to crits.

@Xioborg I was specifically looking for this and did not notice any crits.

However, using a zVader lead (30% offense) with Nihilus ally (70% offense), those basics were hitting pret-tay, pret-tay hard.

• Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

You do realize that there is another event in 2 days that will give you more of his shards?
    Malthael wrote: »

There will be another event to get nihilius shards in 2 days.

Ah you're both right. My bad
  • Options
    His "Drain Force" is a perfect counter to the over saturation of rebel teams in pvp. Biggs' opening assist is an instakill, and has a cooldown of 1. Wedge has an opening instakill. So Darth Nihilus can at least buy you some time against these teams. That's of course if survives their opening attacks. His basic attack can remove buffs. This also plays great against rebel teams that uses tanks who start with a taunt (Baze, General Kenobi, etc.) even against the shore trooper. He is a great add and has very cool visuals. I mean, that drain force looks cool! We still need a Sith that can dispell all negative status effects from all allies. Otherwise diddo!
  • Options
    People keep assuming that the AoE reduces the cooldown by 1 for every debuffed character, but forget two things: The attacks have to actually land and the reduction probably depends on potency/tenacity. Yoda and ZQGJ can take care of that, just off the top of my head. But it's true that they are at a disadvantage against other Sith.