Definitive Poe Counter Giveaway

Prev1345
DefinitivePoeCounter
287 posts Member
edited February 2016
Yes ladies and gents, you read correctly. I'll be handing out THE Poe counter team that everyone has been searching for.

It has been tried and tested and works 95% of the time, the remainder 5% accounts for getting full-team exposed and the enemy getting crits on every single ability.

All you have to do to earn a chance at learning this mystery is posting a screenie of your roster, I'll be selecting the person who has the squad to do it and will PM him/her the team composition.

The reason why I am doing this is simple as well, with the introduction of Poe, arena became a challenge it was no longer an easy win with ANY squad so few others and I tried to crack Poe teams, now that we have done it, it is time to share it with a person. What the selected person does with the knowledge is no concern of ours, we just would like the meta shift so that it can become challenging once again.

And inb4 anyone states what is the Poe team you're talking about, we tested it against a few variations with an average of 90% success against the following teams,

Poe(L), Rey, Finn, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot
Dooku(L), QGJ, Poe, Geo, FOTP
Sid(L), QGJ, Poe, Geo, FOTP
Sid(L), QGJ, Poe, Leia, FOTP
Phasma(L), QGJ,Geo, Poe, FOTP
Sid(L), Rey, QGJ, Poe, Geo
Sid(L), Rey, QGJ, Poe, FOTP

The above teams are the most prevalent ones, with the exception of the first team which was the hardest them of all, so post them rosters away.

Replies

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    How about those?

Phasma (L), Poe, Poogle, GS, Kylo
    47 (L), Poe, Poogle, 86, 88
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    This is dumb.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    All you have to do to earn a chance at learning this mystery is posting a screenie of your roster, I'll be selecting the person who has the squad to do it and will PM him/her the team composition.
    Give me a break. If you aren't actually going to post any useful information, this thread is little more than trolling and I will report it as such.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Give me a break. If you aren't actually going to post any useful information, this thread is little more than trolling and I will report it as such.

Good call.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • Options
    Otar wrote: »
    How about those?

The droids are countered by the above Poe teams since they all have a reliable way to move before the droids do. And that droid team without Geo sucks as well.

As for the Phasma team, I haven't tested it against it but am quite confident of it working since Geo's assist without the Poggle buff would not dish out enough damage due to the lack of heavy-hitters hence an easier matchup than the above ones.
  • Options
    Does the post have to contain credit card/PIN number?

I'm always so confused with these kinds of scams.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Have to agree this is divisive and non productive to the community , if snything seems to build more contempt
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

It is not trolling but take it any manner you like I don't have to convince you, I'm giving you, and others, the opportunity to partake in the 'giveaway'. It would be logical to assume the person who wins the 'giveaway' will have the roster to run the team, so you can actually deduce what the team is as well.
  • Options
    even his name...
  • Options
    Does the post have to contain credit card/PIN number?

I'm always so confused with these kinds of scams.

So posting a screenie of your roster is a scam now, good God I can't believe how many others must have been scammed via posting their rosters on these forums, you're incredibly smart mate, I bow before your endless wisdom.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Let's see:
    - Tease headline for something people want
    - Item teased not provided, and in fact, nothing useful is provided
    - Solicitation for PMs
    - Brand new account
    At best trolling, at worst, something worse. Reported.
  • Options
    Let's see:
    - Tease headline for something people want
    - Item teased not provided, and in fact, nothing useful is provided
    - Solicitation for PMs
    - Brand new account
    At best trolling, at worst, something worse. Reported.

Never did I say PM me anything, if you read it before putting your horse goggles on you'd see that I'd PM them.

And the brand new account? So I suppose I must have 1.7k posts to post something, I was never aware those were the rules of the forum.
  • Options
    Yea I don't understand how this can be tested but you don't have the roster to do it yourself?
  • Options
    Solution to Poe = Poe :D
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Yea I don't understand how this can be tested but you don't have the roster to do it yourself?

This forum really does need a reading tutor... Where have I stated I don't actually have the roster? I wrote that, I'll be PMing the person who has the roster to form the team.
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Solution to Poe = Poe :D

No Poe, FOTP, Geo, QGJ, Dooku, Rey or Droids are used. If you're creative enough to find it from this information I humbly congratulate you.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    How about those?

The droids are countered by the above Poe teams since they all have a reliable way to move before the droids do. And that droid team without Geo sucks as well.

As for the Phasma team, I haven't tested it against it but am quite confident of it working since Geo's assist without the Poggle buff would not dish out enough damage due to the lack of heavy-hitters hence an easier matchup than the above ones.

"reliable way" of moving first is not an answer, nor is "without Geo sucks" and "quite confident" dosen't cover either.

Since you haven't tried and don't really know, a simple "i don't know" or "tests pending" would have been a better answer. Because if your great "findings" are based on asnwers like that, i could not care less.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

This forum really does need a reading tutor... Where have I stated I don't actually have the roster? I wrote that, I'll be PMing the person who has the roster to form the team.

And you need someone to teach you manners.
  • Options
    How about those?

"reliable way" of moving first is not an answer, nor is "without Geo sucks" and "quite confident" dosen't cover either.

Since you haven't tried and don't really know, a simple "i don't know" or "tests pending" would have been a better answer. Because if your great "findings" are based on asnwers like that, i could not care less.

Huh. I've stated I didn't run it against that exact Phasma team and is it wrong to admit something that I haven't done?

As for the droids, yes Poggle buff doesn't affect the droids move turn (turn 9) and any team that uses Leia/QGJ/Rey/Geo can actually take out that droid team, hence A RELIABLE WAY before DROIDS move. A much more potent droid team is this actually,

Poggle (L), Geo, IG86, IG88, Poe but it nevertheless also fails against the counter-team albeit not with 90% hence the reason why I excluded it from the main post.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Never did I say PM me anything, if you read it before putting your horse goggles on you'd see that I'd PM them.

You're right, I misread that. Sorry for that part.
    This is still a complete waste of everyone's time and just here for you to get your jollies. If you have a team composition you think is good JUST POST IT.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Just post it here...
  • Options

You're right, I misread that.
    This is still a complete waste of everyone's time and just here for you to get your jollies. If you have a team composition you think is good JUST POST IT.

I am reluctant to share it with those who don't actually have the immediate means of running it against a Poe team to see for themselves, hence the reason why I'm looking for a person that can run the team. Also it doesn't use any of the chromium exclusives either so it is a doable one.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

There are no rules against giveaways in the forum, I checked that. And claiming this to be an advertisement is downright stretching it and bigoted.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    How about those?

Huh. I've stated I didn't run it against that exact Phasma team and is it wrong to admit something that I haven't done?

As for the droids, yes Poggle buff doesn't affect the droids move turn (turn 9) and any team that uses Leia/QGJ/Rey/Geo can actually take out that droid team, hence A RELIABLE WAY before DROIDS move. A much more potent droid team is this actually,

Poggle (L), Geo, IG86, IG88, Poe but it nevertheless also fails against the counter-team albeit not with 90% hence the reason why I excluded it from the main post.

Maybe im not that bright, but do you care to explain how a Poggle leadership would change the outcome? Specially because they have the same speed as before, and trading 47 for GS won't change that...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am reluctant to share it with those who don't actually have the immediate means of running it against a Poe team to see for themselves..

There is no valid reason for this. You are wasting everyone's time when you could just post the build and let those who have the characters try it out. People who don't have them, won't.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

There are no rules against giveaways in the forum, I checked that. And claiming this to be an advertisement is downright stretching it and bigoted.
    Stretching, perhaps. That's not the correct use of "bigoted" though, or are you claiming that we're stereotyping you because of your unique forum name? :p
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

This is an advertisement for a giveaway. It fosters no legitimate discussion. And bigoted? Wow lol....
  • Options
    I am reluctant to share it with those who don't actually have the immediate means of running it against a Poe team to see for themselves..

There is no valid reason for this. You are wasting everyone's time when you could just post the build and let those who have the characters try it out. People who don't have them, won't.

Because there will be plenty of people that will be jumping the gun, seen it happen quite a few times on the forums. Tho I simply don't understand what the hostility is regarding posting screenies, if the thread was titled 'What is your roster like' there'd be plenty of f2p and p2p posting their rosters.
    How about those?

Maybe im not that bright, but do you care to explain how a Poggle leadership would change the outcome? Specially because they have the same speed as before, and trading 47 for GS won't change that...

Poggle provides 25% DPS to all members of the team and the big thing is trading HK with Geo. Geo when coupled with droids and even with a Poggle assist (turn 7) generally results in a OHKO, which you couldn't do with a conventional droid team.