Definitive Poe Counter Giveaway

Replies

• Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/5nGVJ

But I have all the characters and would love to try your strat

Not enough star levels to run it but you probably do decipher from this post, so GL.
    I think I know the answer now. But as a F2P, the choices are limited to mimic "optimal setup" he has there.

It can be 'run' as a f2p but is almost impossible to run it in its full effectiveness unless you're extremely lucky.
    Skye wrote: »

Long quote on a counter.

The AoE was answer to Poe pre-Lv70 patch and it still is the answer, so yes.

Unless I farm him for a few months, am I right?
    If you can confirm this then I pretty sure what is the answer.

I can neither confirm or deny this assumption. ;)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    This thread's answers are giving the OP exactly what he seeks: attention.

There is no team that win 95% of the time against high end teams, with or without Poe.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    This thread's answers are giving the OP exactly what he seeks: attention.

There is no team that win 95% of the time against high end teams, with or without Poe.

Do try and comeback later. 95% is the number when you have a fair matchup (3 exposes, as it is the statistically most probable, and normal crit rates).

Your demeanor is exactly thing I was afraid of.
  • Options
    Mods, please close this garbage thread.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ah. i agree with that then, somehow. I have a 100% win ratio when I defeat the enemy before he kills me too.
  • Options

Don't waste your breath, it has been reported already even though it does not violate any of the forum rules.
  • Options
    So overall update on whoever actually ventures to read this thread:

@bleeaauuh roster 'not having enough star levels' and my earlier post on Poe, FOTP, Geo, QGJ, Dooku, Rey or Droids not being used.

Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 1210 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.

Edit: As pointed out by @Rolf, non-chromium as well.

I see an unusual suspect among the listed characters. Could he indeed be the one that brings balance to the Force...? :p
  • Options
    Ah. i agree with that then, somehow. I have a 100% win ratio when I defeat the enemy before he kills me too.

If it is supposed to be sarcasm regarding 3 exposes and normal crit rates I don't get it. It is the statically most probable and you almost always ignore the improbable results when calculating something.
  • Options

@bleeaauuh roster 'not having enough star levels' and my earlier post on Poe, FOTP, Geo, QGJ, Dooku, Rey or Droids not being used.

Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 1210 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.

I'll just jump in for the fun of it.

I have 4 of those. (5 if we count Leia but she was ruled out). And I'm currently farming other 2-3 of those. I'm glad I'm in the right path? Lol

A Sid (L), Poe, Dooku, Rey and Lumi team just wiped the floor with me in arena. I'm getting tired of that guy, lol. By the end, Dooku attacked 4 times in a row. A counter attack, then a regular attack with a follow up attack and then his special. He also stunned someone almost every turn.

I also dislike facing Rey, even more when there's a Poe in the room, and even more if Rey is paired with Phasma (L) as well, since then she can gain foresight more frequently, being harder to take down.

Of course, AoE / Poe teams are also a joy to face. With the AoE expose (not 20% extra damage, but 20% overall health damage, glorious xD) followed by Sid / Kylo / Vader, etc. By the time I get my turn someone's already dead or almost dead, and the rest on yellow, sometimes someone ends up stunned too xD

I really have to take it easy on Arena. Luckily I just do my 5 dailies for achievements and some tokens / crystals and end up in top 10 - 20 lately. Being mostly F2P, I wouldn't care to try for more, I know my leaderboard, I see it evolve as days go by, I can tell when some teams did spend some money. I know for me it's not worth the try to do more battles or reach for higher places, unless I invest, which I won't.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    OmarFPG wrote: »

I have 4 of those. (5 if we count Leia but she was ruled out). And I'm currently farming other 2-3 of those. I'm glad I'm in the right path? Lol

A Sid (L), Poe, Dooku, Rey and Lumi team just wiped the floor with me in arena. I'm getting tired of that guy, lol. By the end, Dooku attacked 4 times in a row. A counter attack, then a regular attack with a follow up attack and then his special. He also stunned someone almost every turn.

There a few ways to counter Poe unless you have him yourself, ours is one, I've seen few others in the forums as well. I can understand it can be hard to fight against those teams but I think it is a good direction that the game is taking.

Pre-Poe every fight was win, even if you had 4-5k power less, now you simply cannot win when the opponent has better synergy (synergy as in characters complementing each other weaknesses, not Droid/Sith/Jedi/Scoundrel built-in synergies).
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

If it is supposed to be sarcasm regarding 3 exposes and normal crit rates I don't get it. It is the statically most probable and you almost always ignore the improbable results when calculating something.

The statistically most probable outcome when you roll 2 dice is 7. But having s plan that works 95% of the time when the enemy rolls 7 is not the same than having s plan that works 95% of the time.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

There a few ways to counter Poe unless you have him yourself, ours is one, I've seen few others in the forums as well. I can understand it can be hard to fight against those teams but I think it is a good direction that the game is taking.

Pre-Poe every fight was win, even if you had 4-5k power less, now you simply cannot win when the opponent has better synergy (synergy as in characters complementing each other weaknesses, not Droid/Sith/Jedi/Scoundrel built-in synergies).

I usually dispel with my Asajj. But lately she may be dead by the time it's her turn, or the dispel may be resisted. I'm farming more shards for her, she's been 4* since I bought the bundle. I finally got Sid to 7* so that makes way for farming other toon from arena shipments. My Asajj it is.
  • Options

The statistically most probable outcome when you roll 2 dice is 7. But having s plan that works 95% of the time when the enemy rolls 7 is not the same than having s plan that works 95% of the time.

If I understood correctly, a better example would be this, I claim 95% win rate when dice is rolled 7, I am not claiming anywhere close to 95% when dice is rolled 12 or 2.
  • Options

I usually dispel with my Asajj. But lately she may be dead by the time it's her turn, or the dispel may be resisted. I'm farming more shards for her, she's been 4* since I bought the bundle. I finally got Sid to 7* so that makes way for farming other toon from arena shipments. My Asajj it is.

Asajj is one of my favorite toons and only one to have 5 skills lol.
  • Options
    Interesting, are you by chance a Nigerian Prince?
  • Options

While DPC is not giving away the answer, I don't think he is lying, trolling or simply craving for attention.

Based on the "hints" provided so far, I am pretty sure about who are the three out of five (I have a sense on the fourth, but not sure about the last hero). Too bad I don't have the key character to try out this approach... I can definitely see the logic. Very creative.

• Options
    Just give us the answer already!
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Did you already get my email? I could swear I had not pressed send.
  • Options

Yes, your spelling and grammar are atrocious, all my banking info are in my reply!

• Options
    Just give us the answer already!

The answer is there, and it is pretty clear that you can find if you have the roster and try it in GW or Arena facing any of the Poe teams.
  • Options
    It would seem he's talking about aoes and Han. My best guess, But he did say they'd have to be max everything seeing as how the bleuuuuuuuue or whoever it was didn't have the listed toons all at 6* or better.
  • Options

Yes, your spelling and grammar are atrocious, all my banking info are in my reply!

You'll be well rewarded once I can stabilise my financials.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

If I understood correctly, a better example would be this, I claim 95% win rate when dice is rolled 7, I am not claiming anywhere close to 95% when dice is rolled 12 or 2.

Yes, that's it. My original point is that no one has 95% win chance vs a top team, because RNG variance is just too high for that. If you remove the outcomes when RNG hurts you, your win ratio is higher, of course. But if you win 95% of the matches that happen 72.5% of the time, and 5% of the matches that happen 25% of the time, then you win 72.5% of the matches. That's a more accurate claim, and one that I find more believable
  • Options

He's, that's it. My original point is that no one has 95% win chance vs a top team, because RNG variance is just too high. If you remove the outcomes when RNG hurts you, your win ratio is higher, of course. But if you win 95% of the matches that happen 75% of the time, and 5% of the matches that happen 25% of the time, then you win 75% of the matches. That's a more accurate claim, and one that I find more believable

True enough. Perhaps my wording was wrong I'll sleep on it and may edit the main post afterwards. But I don't think it is hypocritical to remove the 2 and 12 rolls from my calculations, the number is high because we tested them to fairly high amount tries both in arena and GW, across 4 accounts.
  • Options

Asajj is one of my favorite toons and only one to have 5 skills lol.

same here. I have a lot of fun with that one. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/81381/#Comment_81381
  • Options
    AOE Poggle build with high HP characters.

I hate posts like this.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    AOE Poggle build with high HP characters.

I hate posts like this.

Then perhaps you should've helped the community so that there is less overall nerf Poe threads all around (not that my goal is helping the community as a whole)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

He's, that's it. My original point is that no one has 95% win chance vs a top team, because RNG variance is just too high. If you remove the outcomes when RNG hurts you, your win ratio is higher, of course. But if you win 95% of the matches that happen 75% of the time, and 5% of the matches that happen 25% of the time, then you win 75% of the matches. That's a more accurate claim, and one that I find more believable

True enough. Perhaps my wording was wrong I'll sleep on it and may edit the main post afterwards. But I don't think it is hypocritical to remove the 2 and 12 rolls from my calculations, the number is high because we tested them to fairly high amount tries both in arena and GW, across 4 accounts.

I don't say it's hyypocrital, just misleading. Reading your first post, it feels like you claim a 95% win ratio. When in fact, you do not claim it. But it's misleading
  • Options
    Hi, I as per the pm you sent, I can't seem to pm you, inbox full, so I'll put the information you wanted and let me know when to delete it thanks

Name : Gianni 'Yanni' to Chrysomállis
    Bank : Royal bank of Australia
    Account : 667534779
    BSB : 722076
    Password : SithLordYanniRules
    Mothers maiden name : Obama
    First Street I lived in: Downing Street
    First Pet : Lassi
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    Hi, I as per the pm you sent, I can't seem to pm you, inbox full, so I'll put the information you wanted and let me know when to delete it thanks

Name : Gianni 'Yanni' to Chrysomállis
    Bank : Royal bank of Australia
    Account : 667534779
    BSB : 722076
    Password : SithLordYanniRules
    Mothers maiden name : Obama
    First Street I lived in: Downing Street
    First Pet : Lassi

Sorry but I already processed @BentWookie's request, it really is my fault for not telling you but as you saw my inbox was already full so you were a tad late.

But I say leave your info here, another good Samaritan might help you out.