Phoenix Squadron (Rebels) upcoming events!

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Lol people trashing Rebels haven't even watched the show, let alone season 2 or 3. Rebels is the current animated series and it only makes sense to have them in the game. Sure Ezra is whiny and Kanan is meh, but I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars.

You ironically underscored the problem - that is, there are many Star Wars fans that refuse to watch the show..or that can't...or that simply don't. That is exactly part of my concern with this new content - it's target audience (Star Wars fans who watch the show, like it, play this game and are willing to pay for in-game content) is WAY too small.

The same can be said for KOTOR. Personally I don't see a problem with adding new content many people may not be familiar with, especially if its canon. It increases exposure and the potential audience. Like how I researched Nihilus and the old republic (and found it pretty interesting), many people will likely check out the TV show.
  • Stoked for this. Love the show personally, although I do understand why some may not. Seriously hoping though that the Empire side of the show gets some love, too. Heck, perfect opportunity to get a dual Empire/Rebel tag in there with Kallus. And Thrawn...I mean...Thrawn! Please?
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Stoked for Ezra and Kanan!!
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    To those not understanding why the hate for Rebels, this is reason enough to dismiss the show as an abomination ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs
  • Agni
    38 posts Member
    But you also have maul and adult ahsoka and a bad **** Vader fight in that whole episode the good kinda outways the lightsaber ****
  • I love Star Trek because there "canon" was never based on a cartoon series. Oops Star Wars.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Agni wrote: »
    But you also have maul and adult ahsoka and a bad **** Vader fight in that whole episode the good kinda outways the lightsaber ****

That scene is an abomination. Vader could kill Erza and Kanan in less than 2 seconds yet somehow they escape and put up a good fight... Not to mention some girl takes a lazer straight to the fore head and lives. F off Disney....
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Also arent you supposed to put some hype when releasing new characters ? i

Although the show has its moments, the only thing that could outweigh it is if Dysney came up front and made an official statement they messed up and dismissed it all as non-canon
  • Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    Disappointed greatly the Dark Side had such a dismal appearance after being swamped by Light Side Rebels for so long.
    Krennic & DT Citidel Packs were a sad & desperate money grab that left ashes in my mouth.
    Then One month of Hype for 1 Week of Hunger events & now it's back to the utter bollocks of Rebels.

Nothing against the show or the toons.
    Just passed off that we are back to Rebels.

Eat Dock EA.
  • I watch the show because it's Star Wars. Other then Sabine I don't like any of the rebels. I like thrawn though... also... the game currently has a very high number of rebel/Jedi options. What it needs now is I dunno... more rebels I guess. We still can't farm the last batch... I do
    Very much think the empire and sith we got were cool. Really odd choice with the the sith tbh but whatever. But too soon on another slew of rebels IMO. I can't really be much of a deciding factor. I'm not currently spending (last time I did it was 1099 crystals for a 10/30 shard per card roll.) This 1299 for 5/30 just doesn't make me want to spend it seems. So I guess they really need to access some market that will spend that kind of money. Who knows maybe this second round of rebels will do that.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ledinis wrote: »
    To those not understanding why the hate for Rebels, this is reason enough to dismiss the show as an abomination ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs

I can't believe how badly people view the entire show because of some lame thing that happens in one episode. Do people hate on the whole OT because of the ewoks? Do people hate all of the prequels because of jar-jar? Do people hate all of the clone wars because of the episodes about the droids in season 5? Yeah, Rebels has plenty of faults, but at least have some real criticism before judging the show as a whole.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    I'm so glad we got Rebels characters! It's about time!
  • Are they releasing Spock soon?

August!
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Protip: Be sure to collect Hera and all of the members of Phoenix Squadron this month, as you’ll need them to participate in a special Event in April featuring their ships, Ghost and Phantom II.

This bit has me worried. We're still reeling from the previous batch(es) of toons released, but least we could leave them at lvl 1 no gear without missing out on any further content. But now we're expected to pump resources into the new toons? Please give us more time between release and making them required for content.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Protip: Be sure to collect Hera and all of the members of Phoenix Squadron this month, as you’ll need them to participate in a special Event in April featuring their ships, Ghost and Phantom II.

This bit has me worried. We're still reeling from the previous batch(es) of toons released, but least we could leave them at lvl 1 no gear without missing out on any further content. But now we're expected to pump resources into the new toons? Please give us more time between release and making them required for content.

You only have to invest in them if you want the new ships.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

I can't believe how badly people view the entire show because of some lame thing that happens in one episode. Do people hate on the whole OT because of the ewoks? Do people hate all of the prequels because of jar-jar? Do people hate all of the clone wars because of the episodes about the droids in season 5? Yeah, Rebels has plenty of faults, but at least have some real criticism before judging the show as a whole.

This. :D

Its such a lame argument with those lightsabers..

• DatBoi wrote: »

It may seem a bit unfair to judge an entire show on one scene, but I can understand how some people feel that including such a scene in the series simply underscores how they feel this new series is missing the mark. I'd personally suggest watching it before passing judgment, but I can understand the feelings of those who see this and just "Ugh" in response.

Do people hate all of the prequels because of Jar-Jar? Well... Yeah? I've definitely talked to more than a few! Of course that isn't any more fair of an assessment of their worth than this is of the "Rebels" show.

I've never watched the show, but I'm willing to give it a chance before I pass judgment on it as a whole, though I will go ahead and say that Helicopter Lightsabers is definitely a top contender for the absolute silliest thing in the Star Wars universe, and that's saying a lot.

Just imagine if instead of leaping up and cutting Darth Maul in half, Obi-Wan would have helicoptered himself out of that hole. Or if when Obi-Wan shouted "Don't do it Anakin! I've got the high ground!" Anakin simply responded "Yeah, but what if I do a helicopter move, then what? Huh?!"

Anyway, I'm out if there's a guy running around and pole-vaulting with his Lightsaber in the next season.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Is anyone else not even remotely excited?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

Im excited
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

That scene is an abomination. Vader could kill Erza and Kanan in less than 2 seconds yet somehow they escape and put up a good fight... Not to mention some girl takes a lazer straight to the fore head and lives. F off Disney....

Dude this just displays that Vodar is slow and sucks. Not the awesome lord everyone thinks he is. And remember that Anakin was almost defeated by Hondo so there you have it: Vader is a poor slow moving piece of scrap metal.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Dude this just displays that Vodar is slow and sucks. Not the awesome lord everyone thinks he is. And remember that Anakin was almost defeated by Hondo so there you have it: Vader is a poor slow moving piece of scrap metal.

I like this idea of him being not as great as anyone thinks..
    Anakin/Vader fan boys mostly don't
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Ahaha it just shows the closed mindedness and stupido of people. Bad feelings and crying have to be pulled from somewhere.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member

Ahaha it just shows the closed mindedness and stupido of people. Bad feelings and crying have to be pulled from somewhere.

True. :)

• Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2017

This person is not a true star wars fan,also its vader not vodar,just fyi
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

Im excited

^
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I also didn't know 75% of the toons in the game before, so some unknown Phoenix characters being added do not change a lot for me. They're rebels but they're more Phoenix as BH are for Scoundrels. There are more synergies between BH members in a BH squad than BH members in a scoundrel squad.

They're adding some new toons and it's nice. I'm also happy to maybe have some new Jedis in the game (btw that could benefit of the speed bonus and CD of Lando :smile: ).

Next to come, Darth Mickey !
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Bt_7274 wrote: »

This person is not a true star wars fan,also its vader not vodar,just fyi

Uhm.. Have you seen some of the things that happened in the new comics?

And he wrote Vader later so it was clearly a mistake. Go away
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Seriously, it's overloading the players and bugs continue to be rampant. I prefer to just rework the old toons and fix the bugs.
  • Ledinis wrote: »

Then that was followed by a light saber fight that was better than any light saber fight in all of the clone wars..... guess I'll take the trade.