OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    The slobbering fanboy club rushing to the defense of EA is more nauseating than the epic deuce EA left floating in the swimming pool.
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Gaintrain wrote: »
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own **** actions.

Why are people attacking other players instead of the culprit of the misinformation. Stand together as a community and expect a better product /customer service.

Not attacking just asking people to be realistic. This is EA, they've been like this since Bard's Tale.

The only way to make them listen is with your wallet. Dont give them money, it's as easy as that.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Seems obvious that the purpose of this, as with every skinner box I've ever fallen into, was to allow a small number of whales to get the drops, offers, and ships, for a brief moment, then lock all others out of the content.

So now everyone who was in the top 10 has to deal with one or two guys doubling their power overnight and locking us out of the top 5 spots.

When they re issue the offers, the demand will be sky high and the top 0.001% of whales will still be safely ahead of the curve. I wish they'd wake up and realize they are losing money and players every time they do this.

The longevity of this game could be another decade but not if you drive off middle tier players just to keep the whales from ever having to actually get good at the game instead of winning with their wallet.

I have to give you credit. I have been on the forums for 14+ months - played for over 16, and this is, by far, the most paranoid, tin-foil-hat-wearing post I have ever seen.

*golf clap*

:D

LOL!
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own **** actions.

Why are people attacking other players instead of the culprit of the misinformation. Stand together as a community and expect a better product /customer service.

Agree completely. This is on EA/CG's shoulders.
    Don't blame others who were following misleading info. I personally haven't spent cantina energy betond completing dailies to save up a ton for this. I am ready for double drops when it arrives. I am waiting for Vizzini. Yes its my choice, but the info was horrible.

The information wasn't "misleading" - they intended to do the event and the double drops. There was a glitch/bug. People were having all kinds of problems - so they withdrew the event until they could fix it. It's a simple mistake . People wanting to either rake CG/EA over the coals or start blaming anyone else or demanding...well, pretty much anything - are being short sighted and unfair. We've all made mistakes - the devs are going to try attempt to fix it ASAP - which was stated just a few hours ago (by EA Jesse in this thread).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    While I am disappointed that the event is postponed - we are playing a free game. The only thing that I am "upset" about is that i spent the last two days building up my phoenix squad in anticipation of the event - would be nice of them to "reimburse" with some credits or shards for those that built up their squad for something that didn't happen.

I AM VERY EXCITED for the next event though....
  • Options
    McBee wrote: »
    The slobbering fanboy club rushing to the defense of EA is more nauseating than the epic deuce EA left floating in the swimming pool.

You know, you can stop playing the game if you so desire (judging by the way you view the community and devs) rather than complain about people have differing opinions/views from those of your own.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options

Don't blame others who were following misleading info. I personally haven't spent cantina energy betond completing dailies to save up a ton for this. I am ready for double drops when it arrives. I am waiting for Vizzini. Yes its my choice, but the info was horrible.

The information wasn't "misleading" - they intended to do the event and the double drops. There was a glitch/bug. People were having all kinds of problems - so they withdrew the event until they could fix it. It's a simple mistake . People wanting to either rake CG/EA over the coals or start blaming anyone else or demanding...well, pretty much anything - are being short sighted and unfair. We've all made mistakes - the devs are going to try attempt to fix it ASAP - which was stated just a few hours ago (by EA Jesse in this thread).

You forget that we keep the lights on over there. We have every right to voice our dissent over such an obvious fail on the devs part. Sure mistakes happen. But that reality doesn't insulate the mistake maker from criticism. I work for a company that serves the national public. If we mess up, we are sure to hear from our customers about it. The difference is, we don't have an army of starry eyed fans to go fight our battles for us.
  • Options
    well to make it up you could do triple drop and throw in a credit heist
    just sayin
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

You forget that we keep the lights on over there. We have every right to voice our dissent over such an obvious fail on the devs part. Sure mistakes happen. But that reality doesn't insulate the mistake maker from criticism. I work for a company that serves the national public. If we mess up, we are sure to hear from our customers about it. The difference is, we don't have an army of starry eyed fans to go fight our battles for us.

You could also be dragged off the plane for not getting off when asked.

• Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    Options
    Well that sucks..... You would think they would have it right on roll out. Someone became lazy I presume.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I fully realize we "keep the lights on" (at least those of us who have actually put real money into the game - and I'm guessing many complaining have not). Voicing some criticism is fine. Attempting to assign malice where none clearly exists is stepping over the line. As is expecting the developers to "make up" for a player not being able to look at the "Possible Rewards" and realize that double drops aren't functioning. It's called being reasonable.

What you call "starry eyed fans", I prefer to think of as "level-headed and fair customers". But I appreciate the condescension for those who don't share your opinion.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I work in the Tech Support field and I understand things do go wrong. Thanks for letting us know that their is a problem and that you are working on it.
  • Options
    REM wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    No words on Double Drops?

No word on that as of yet. Current priority is the Event ;)

What about for those of us that bought and spent Cantina energy because we got the in-game message that Double Drops were activated even though it is not working? Will I get my energy back?

This

+1
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I fully realize we "keep the lights on" (at least those of us who have actually put real money into the game - and I'm guessing many complaining have not). Voicing some criticism is fine. Attempting to assign malice where none clearly exists is stepping over the line. As is expecting the developers to "make up" for a player not being able to look at the "Possible Rewards" and realize that double drops aren't functioning. It's called being reasonable.

What you call "starry eyed fans", I prefer to think of as "level-headed and fair customers". But I appreciate the condescension for those who don't share your opinion.

I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't spend real money on this game. I wouldn't be complaining if this was just another event about to drop, and it failed at the last minute. I'm complaining because I dropped every credit I had into building up the Phoenix characters for the event that I had otherwise no intention of using, and now I'm out tons of resources. I also spent a ton of crystals on cantina energy, but I'm not considering that as much of a loss since I can still use the energy. I think it is perfectly fair and valid to voice criticism over this.

There was a pronounced buildup to this event, such that people actually got excited about participating. Any company that offers a product to consumers, and that product fails in their hands, should expect criticism. It's the market at work.
  • Options
    Paligap wrote: »
    While I am disappointed that the event is postponed - we are playing a free game. The only thing that I am "upset" about is that i spent the last two days building up my phoenix squad in anticipation of the event - would be nice of them to "reimburse" with some credits or shards for those that built up their squad for something that didn't happen.

I AM VERY EXCITED for the next event though....

The response from cg sounded like it was intentional that the double drops weren't active.
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Double Drop CLARIFICATION: (from original post)
    Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Edit:
    Per our messaging there WILL BE Double drops activated. When we activate that portion of the event, we will notify all players in game. Stay tuned!. :smiley:

• Options
    Seems obvious that the purpose of this, as with every skinner box I've ever fallen into, was to allow a small number of whales to get the drops, offers, and ships, for a brief moment, then lock all others out of the content.

So now everyone who was in the top 10 has to deal with one or two guys doubling their power overnight and locking us out of the top 5 spots.

When they re issue the offers, the demand will be sky high and the top 0.001% of whales will still be safely ahead of the curve. I wish they'd wake up and realize they are losing money and players every time they do this.

The longevity of this game could be another decade but not if you drive off middle tier players just to keep the whales from ever having to actually get good at the game instead of winning with their wallet.

I have to give you credit. I have been on the forums for 14+ months - played for over 16, and this is, by far, the most paranoid, tin-foil-hat-wearing post I have ever seen.

*golf clap*

I admit, I am a proud owner of many tin foil hats. But I have seen this happen before and I have proof to back it up. Its against forum rules to disclose but find me on discord and I can fill you in.

Long story short, there are very few accidents and glitches that are unintentional. This is one of them.
  • Options

*golf clap*

I admit, I am a proud owner of many tin foil hats. But I have seen this happen before and I have proof to back it up. Its against forum rules to disclose but find me on discord and I can fill you in.

Long story short, there are very few accidents and glitches that are unintentional. This is one of them.

Hmmm
  • Options

I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't spend real money on this game. I wouldn't be complaining if this was just another event about to drop, and it failed at the last minute. I'm complaining because I dropped every credit I had into building up the Phoenix characters for the event that I had otherwise no intention of using, and now I'm out tons of resources. I also spent a ton of crystals on cantina energy, but I'm not considering that as much of a loss since I can still use the energy. I think it is perfectly fair and valid to voice criticism over this.

There was a pronounced buildup to this event, such that people actually got excited about participating. Any company that offers a product to consumers, and that product fails in their hands, should expect criticism. It's the market at work.

Cool your engines ... the event isn't cancelled, just delayed until they work out the bugs. You'll have your chance to reap the rewards of your Phoenix squad investment.
  • Options
    TAke your time... could care less about this event in any way.
  • Options
    When running any business you may think you've covered every angle and caught every gremlin but there's always that one little thing that screws everything up. Sadly for EA the fans are fickle, immature, self entitled and basically jerks. Not all of us but one bad apple ruins the bunch. It takes multiple attempts sometimes to get something right. Thank you EA for a really fun free to play game. Hurry and get the latest fixed it looked fun. ✌️
  • Options
    How about turning on the double drops while you fix the event ;) J/S
  • Options
    All in all, this is a well managed game. WAY better than most mobile games. But people love to complain when they don't get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. Relax people, it's just a game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Megathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathreadmegathread.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

It's possible that the event and double drops are tied to a single update. They may be able to roll them out separately, but probably just reverted to the previous version when they realized the event was bugged.

• Options

Well, I partly agree. I don't blame them for the event not working. But that was separate from the drop rates, and the announcement plainly said they would start with the event. They should never have announced the drop rates without turning them on. That's the only thing I find them genuinely guilty of this time out.

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    It is what it is, we are all human and make mistakes, I'd rather wait for it to be properly working than have a buggy event. I feel lucky they give events as often as they do these days, I rather enjoy them. I even played tier 2 and 3 of the chopper event every day I could.
  • Options
    You may need to make another thread on this important topic.
  • Options
    To everyone saying, "Oh well, mistakes happen, everyone needs to stop being upset." That might be a valid statement the first time an event or update didn't work as planned. Maybe even the second time, but I've been playing this game since November of 2016, and not 1 major update and several events have not worked in that time. There has also been unbelievably poor communication from the devs each and every time. When are the double drops happening? Well we don't know. When were they supposed to start? Well, we don't know. Does this remind anyone else of the QoL update? I'm a software designer, so I have more sympathy than most for bugs, but EA/CG is well past my threshold for tolerance or understanding on this front. They have almost never delivered on their promises on time, or without some kind of issue. And the ridiculous lack of clear communication is unacceptable regardless. I for one will not be spending another dime on this game until the devs get their crap together, and if you are tired of this, you should do the same. At the end of the day, the only thing EA/CG cares about is the money we give them. If we stopped giving them money, they would fix these problems to get us to spend again. It really is that simple.
  • Options
    Absolutely @Drax_77 it's funny to hear grown men crying about a video game. I think EA is providing us a great product. This is the only mobile game I've ever been this addicted to.
  • Options

It's possible that the event and double drops are tied to a single update. They may be able to roll them out separately, but probably just reverted to the previous version when they realized the event was bugged.

That is unfortunate but it makes sense :|
This discussion has been closed.