Rex is the meta, not Maul

Replies

• So, on my opinion Rex users have a good advantage against Maul
  • The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense

Wrong. Rex teams need gk+chaze. That only leaves one slot up in the air and 90% of the time it's nihilus.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense

Wrong. Rex teams need gk+chaze. That only leaves one slot up in the air and 90% of the time it's nihilus.

That's the more usual. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but Rex surely is better on defense. I sleep on 32 and wake up as 67. Maul can't sustain himself on defense, instead of Rex
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense

Rex teams need GK and DN. Chaze is a good fit there but I don't lose on offense with DT and Zylo in that spot.

ETA, DT + Zylo is a good answer to Rex/Chaze/GK/DN too. Zylo stops health gain and DT stuns and double taps rebels. (plus Deathmark).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Rex teams need GK and DN. Chaze is a good fit there but I don't lose on offense with DT and Zylo in that spot.

ETA, DT + Zylo is a good answer to Rex/Chaze/GK/DN too. Zylo stops health gain and DT stuns and double taps rebels. (plus Deathmark).

Need is an extremely strong term imo.

I was having success using Palp instead of DN. Granted DN is an exceptionally powerful character so he makes almost any battle easier.

I think there probably is a number of combo's Rex would work with. His leadership isn't tied to any faction etc So you could have various combinations of controllers, DMG etc depending on your opponents setup.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

My DT is gear X while my Boba is gear XI, should I replace my Boba by DT when I face a Rex/Chaze/GK team?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    No, Rex+GK don't beat everything on offense ;)

What can't it beat on offense? Serious question, I haven't found it yet. And if such a team exists, that it would be meta too, no?

Ok, send me a video of you beating Zaul with Rex and GK having subpar mods and CuP and mod enforcer as 3+4 and run a 4 man team.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017

What can't it beat on offense? Serious question, I haven't found it yet. And if such a team exists, that it would be meta too, no?

Ok, send me a video of you beating Zaul with Rex and GK having subpar mods and CuP and mod enforcer as 3+4 and run a 4 man team.

Well, clearly I meant that Rex/GK/3 other good characters can beat anyone. Rex/GK/DN + Boba/Zylo/DT/Palp/Zavage/ Zoda/ Etc. Etc. can beat anyone on offense. Of course mods are a factor also.
    You obviously know that is what I meant but instead decided it was cooler to be a contrarian.

So, what team can't a rex/GK/DN/Chaze (or DT and Zylo, etc.) beat on offense?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    The meta is GK and DN under whatever lead you want to pick
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017

My DT is gear X while my Boba is gear XI, should I replace my Boba by DT when I face a Rex/Chaze/GK team?

Gear and Mods are always a factor of course but I find DT better than Boba with my Rex/GK/DN/Zylo team. That said, I would probably hold off until he is maxed on gear before I ran him in arena. Also, are you running DN too? Because that is a factor. DN is a better version of boba. you don't need both.

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Well, I run Rex (L), GK, Nihilus and Chaze and that team beats any pure Sith team I run up against. Only the zMaul teams with Chaze present some problems for me, but only if they are fast.

I usually finish 2nd at payout and fall to around 10th to 13th overnight so it holds on defense pretty well.
    Post edited by KyloRey on
  • Odin_Noah wrote: »
    B2 is bad. By using him you essentially are going in 4v5. They should give B2 15 free turns at the beggining of the fight to balance him. But seriously, would that matter?

Thanks for the laugh. That's one of the funniest things I've read all week.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Gear and Mods are always a factor of course but I find DT better than Boba with my Rex/GK/DN/Zylo team. That said, I would probably hold off until he is maxed on gear before I ran him in arena. Also, are you running DN too? Because that is a factor. DN is a better version of boba. you don't need both.

Ahh I thouht that u were talking about Deathtrooper and his second ability. I already use DN
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I just switched back to B2 after trying Dooku for a couple of days. Lost too many fights against Rex, Chaze and GK. Now with B2 I can wipe every Rex team except Rex, Chaze, GK on my shard.

Problem is that with B2 I fall from 1 to around 18-22 when people with earlier payouts start playing. Would need **** pooper for defense. Or maybe Kylo or Savage.

The thing is Rex (L) teams absolutely need chaze+gk to be any good. Without them (or with only chaze or gk) it is only a very, very noob fat rex team.
  • Zavage under zaul can turn things around... dn is great to and if together with assassin will garanty you a win against rex teams...
    If u don't have dn b2 is needed for debuff
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Ahh I thouht that u were talking about Deathtrooper and his second ability. I already use DN

I was talking about Deathtrooper but his basic prevents counters, stuns and double taps rebels. Also his second ability cleanses all those hots. THEN he can put Deathmark on Baze (or anyone) to take him out quickly after you get the first easiest down.

• Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It's all about those mods, not necessarily the teams. Speed secondaries are the meta. Game still broke from mods because it's **** near impossible to get those that upgrade to 16-17 speed. How some people have 5+ I have no idea. I've got like 1 at 14. I like playing a game where it's possible I'll never be able to totally compete because of the RNG of never getting a lot of great mods. It's totally unbalanced the game from a fairness standpoint. Used to be everyone could achieve the same thing...mods screwed that instead of it being mainly about RNG and skill. It's more often then not...who has the best mods to go with that RNG in Arena.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    A Zaul team with the RNG god on their favor?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member

Well, clearly I meant that Rex/GK/3 other good characters can beat anyone. Rex/GK/DN + Boba/Zylo/DT/Palp/Zavage/ Zoda/ Etc. Etc. can beat anyone on offense. Of course mods are a factor also.
    You obviously know that is what I meant but instead decided it was cooler to be a contrarian.

A Zaul team with god's RNG on their favor.
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Startomsto wrote: »
    Zavage under zaul can turn things around... dn is great to and if together with assassin will garanty you a win against rex teams...
    If u don't have dn b2 is needed for debuff

Zavage makes a difference only if the other toons are good:

zaul, zavage, nihilus, rg, ep/zid = bad
    zaul, zavage, nihilus, sa, sith trooper = very good
    zaul, zavage, nihilus, sa/sith trooper, zylo = possibly imba beyond comprehension
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    But I agree with you Rex DN GK Chaze is god on offense, unless against maybe Resistance won't crazy RNG on their side and a super fast Poe (like all team exposed and GK+DN instead of Rey and RP).
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

A Zaul team with god's RNG on their favor.

Yep, a zaul (a real one with a 7 star SA and SiT, DN zeta unique and Zavage) team with crazy RNG can beat it. Some times.
  • I think Maul squads that run Palp are susceptible to Rex because they completely negate Palp's usefulness. I don't use Palp and I feel like my squad is fairly Rex proof, I have zero issues with Rex squads on offense and I usually hang top-5 overnight and until my payout comes.
  • It depends. If I can get my ep, nilly and mau to go first, which many times happens because of SA, it's an easy match.
  • Rex has occupied the meta leaderboard longer then any other character in the game - he may not always have the biggest slice of the pie, but he is the most consistent, and always in t10.
  • I think Maul squads that run Palp are susceptible to Rex because they completely negate Palp's usefulness. I don't use Palp and I feel like my squad is fairly Rex proof, I have zero issues with Rex squads on offense and I usually hang top-5 overnight and until my payout comes.

My team still depends a lot of EP :/
  • NacciPerse wrote: »
    It depends. If I can get my ep, nilly and mau to go first, which many times happens because of SA, it's an easy match.

Yeah, when I ran Palp speed was never the issue; it was if he failed to Stun Rex or not. If Palp went first his stun crit everybody and then Rex goes next. I actually found Palp to be equally poor against other Maul because the other squad will generally have a couple dodges and basically you just fed them 20% TM instead of a stun. I've personally done better without him.
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't think a Rex led has taken 1st place on my June 16 shard for more than once in the past week. It's been two ruskie whales with zaul, myself with zaul and an odd fool or two.

Naturally my shard sets the standard :trollface:
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It's all about them mods [speed]; "if ya ain't first, you're last."
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I think Maul squads that run Palp are susceptible to Rex because they completely negate Palp's usefulness. I don't use Palp and I feel like my squad is fairly Rex proof, I have zero issues with Rex squads on offense and I usually hang top-5 overnight and until my payout comes.

My team still depends a lot of EP :/

Within probably a week of the Sith release I went to zMaul lead, zDN (unique), SA, zSavage, ST and haven't changed since then. I swap to a Rex or Vader lead once in a while out of sheer boredom, but when I roll Sith it's the same 5. For me at least, Palp was just such a hindrance.