Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    My Ben just went after the enemies Poe... Hmm
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    My Ben just went after the enemies Poe... Hmm
    Right. They are on the same turn. It's a coin flip who goes first.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I did a couple tests and the first 3 Old Ben went before Poe BUT last 2 Poe got off his taunt before Ben. I would test more if it didn't cost so much to refresh lol

Did QGJ go before Poe all the time? If so, this is consistent with Team Instinct theory, both the 143+ bracket and speed being added twice.

Yes every time

That's mean's the current speed theory hold ups. Ewokrampage is most likely correct in saying the leader abilities are doubled.

We have not tested this with any other leader, so just qui gon for now.

• Options
    Is it possible that Speed buffs are now just being added on the first turn?
  • Options
    I have a screen shot of Ben's meter being full and both Poes meter's not being quite full - but I've had other guild members indicate that Poe has beaten Ben at times. So it's uncertain what's going on exactly - but something is clearly wrong. Jinn as leader seems to be in a whole different speed category, going before other turn 1 heroes repeatedly.
  • Options
    Something is definitly wrong with this.

Couple of my testing

- QGJ is in his own league of speed. Turn 5???
    - Either counter meter is not 1000 or something is weird happening
    - Lumi is super fast and goes along Dooku and Sid
    - JC goes after those 3
    - Leia and Rey are slower than of those 5...

Testing chars and speed
    QGJ 137 (leader skill +23)
    Lumi 118
    Dooku 155
    Sid 153
    Leia 143
    Rey 143

• Options
    Dammag wrote: »

They are. But even with +23 speed, Ben should not be able to beat Poe or Leia or Dooku, as he doesn't break the 143 speed bracket. Unless the brackets themselve have changed too.
  • Options
    My gut feeling about this leader ability thing post arena agrees with the original post. Something as simple as adding the leader speed before turn meter and after(for the next turn meter). So that the fix and the old implementation both added in.
    I do think, however, that we must understand that we do not know the full speed to turn formula as it applies. Yes, we have a theory that is very supported by evidence, but the inconsistency with leader abilities made this still unclear(IMO).

Love the dev input and looking into this.
  • Options

They are. But even with +23 speed, Ben should not be able to beat Poe or Leia or Dooku, as he doesn't break the 143 speed bracket. Unless the brackets themselve have changed too.

Even if brackets changed, Ben should still be slower than Poe.
  • Options
    If this isn't addressed Old Ben seems like a necessity now, and Jedi teams will rein over the f2p peons forever :'(
  • Options

Even if brackets changed, Ben should still be slower than Poe.

I think he means if the actual brackets were widened.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    If this isn't addressed Old Ben seems like a necessity now, and Jedi teams will rein over the f2p peons forever :'(

Not necessarily, would just mean old Ben ties Poe and either could go first
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Tak wrote: »

Hardly game breaking if you ask me
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Old Ben shouldn't be this fast, it cripples any strategy that isn't just single target attackers. He did that already, now it's way worse. And it locks out Poe's taunt pretty often.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Well even if it's true and it applies twice old Ben can still move pretty fast and get his debuff off. Still means Poe is king though
  • Options
    Well even if it's true and it applies twice old Ben can still move pretty fast and get his debuff off. Still means Poe is king though

Yeah an ability blocked poe is really useful
  • Options

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Interested to follow the update on this situation. Since Anakin is the same speed as QGJ are they both that fast.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

Actually your wrong there lumi has a hard time ability blocking Poe I tried 3 different matches
  • Options
    if the range for turn 7 had somehow changed, then a character like Daka (142 speed) would have a chance to go before Poe/Dooku/etc, but she can't still (without a leader bonus anyway). So there is something wrong when a character with 118 + 23 Speed (lumi) always goes before a character with 142 speed.
  • Options

Actually your wrong there lumi has a hard time ability blocking Poe I tried 3 different matches
    Lumi has 0% potency

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

No wonder why lumi has zero potency lol, just double checked
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Old Ben shouldn't be this fast, it cripples any strategy that isn't just single target attackers. He did that already, now it's way worse. And it locks out Poe's taunt pretty often.

Does it make you feel better knowing Old Ben's special heals Poe? Lol
  • Options
    eeth Koth and Ben do not, however.
  • Options
    Haha speed for the win! I can see you are rank 1 lvl 70 with qui-gon jinn. I am on your server lol @EwokRampage
  • Options
    Now my QGJ is so cool! I've been beating easily my tough opponents in arena uhuu!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    QGJ will be the best lead @ 80 too, he gives all units a speed boost, not only jedis :(
  • Options
    masterring wrote: »
    Something is definitly wrong with this.

Couple of my testing

- QGJ is in his own league of speed. Turn 5???
    - Either counter meter is not 1000 or something is weird happening
    - Lumi is super fast and goes along Dooku and Sid
    - JC goes after those 3
    - Leia and Rey are slower than of those 5...

Testing chars and speed
    QGJ 137 (leader skill +23)
    Lumi 118
    Dooku 155
    Sid 153
    Leia 143
    Rey 143

If meter counter is not 1000, the only other way I found to make sense it's if the meter counter is 800. That way QGJ is 160x5=800, Poe is 143x6=858, and Old Ben is 135x6=810, which would create a coin toss or maybe something else is factored in. Maybe whoever goes first (meaning since QGJ would automatically win) wins the coin toss.
  • Options
    So basically people who actually invested money in the game are back to having an advantage. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.