Chaze, a reasonable look at the most overtuned duo in game.

Replies

• Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    @xReDeMpx
    OP said that poor Zaul can be countered by Rex. So I did the same thing and told him which toons can stop Chaze. There are different comps to counter them and quite a few people have given suggestions in the thread. You can't expect a meta shift every month.

You just aren't understanding.

I didn't say the meta needs to change every month, hell maul should continue for a bit liger compared to how long rebels had their spot in meta.

But chaze has been META PROOF they work and function in almost every and any scenario that IS actually present in arena, not formulating all these **** counters that actually no one runs in arena due to throwing off their team for competitive purpose

You keep on talking WITHOUT reading what I am saying. OP OP OP - the Original Poster of this thread. Said that zMaul has his counter:
    Even before R2, Zaul has had its counter - Rex.
    And after that he asked:
    What precisely is the counter for Chaze exactly?
    So I answered his question, the one who doesn't understand what I AM saying, is YOU.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Think about what happens when you run a 7* gk and 7* nihilus without chaze?

Chaze is the bulk of op toons who synergize so well they can take on armies if you put in DN and gk

Oh. There are some interesting alternative team comps!
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Alternative team comps? They just gotta throw rex as leader with 230 speed+
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    Zaul, B2, Boba, DN all counters.

Chaze isn't that great at the high end of mature shards.

November 2015 shard here. This statement is incorrect.

I don't run chaze but 25-50% of top ten run chaze.

I find that boba or DN lead counter chaze well.

Thanks for confirming that he isn't in the majority of teams in the top 10 on a mature Shard. Willing to bet Kenobi and DN are far more prevalent

Yep. In all kinds of squads. That tripple cleanse thing got so prevalent because it was by far the best, most reliable counter to Zaul!
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    I find them to be boring and way too many people in the top of the shards have them. Like my shard, which is a new shard, has roughly 80 percent of the teams in the top 100 using them. Instead of playing into what everyone has and getting my own, I find it much more satisfying to be building a team specifically to demolish them and have my vengeance.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    I have tried many crystals and many different unit comps besides zylo...but here is the thing everyone can counter each other at top 10 but low and behold chaze is always there, know why?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    I find them to be boring and way too many people in the top of the shards have them. Like my shard, which is a new shard, has roughly 80 percent of the teams in the top 100 using them. Instead of playing into what everyone has and getting my own, I find it much more satisfying to be building a team specifically to demolish them and have my vengeance.

80% of the top100 players uses chaze? Gawd damm that's one hell of a new server you got there my friend.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    You will never understand the power of an entire squad in 2 characters....i guess
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Legit chaze is 5 characters crammed into 2
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Frankly, i think it was a very bad move how they released their shards. MIssed the oportunity to give us a nice surprise, making it doable to obtain at a decent place.

Instead added them at a hard node and at ship shipments. So, they keep whales holding the upper hand for too long.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Ok, can we talk about the ease of play versus the payoff? The real issue with Chaze?
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

80% of the top100 players uses chaze? Gawd damm that's one hell of a new server you got there my friend.

Of all of the players that go back and forth in the top 100 it is at least that many. Total that I have seen in the top 200 of the server is probably over 100 of those teams. I have two accounts I started at the same time, one I put dolphin money in, one I put beggar money in, and my dolphin account I stay in the top 100 and challenge for top 50 other then weekends, on weekends I just snipe my way back into the top 100. And on my other account I stay in the top 200 and challenge for the top 100 every once in a blue moon. And since I decided that chaze was not for me, I literally had to build my teams accordingly to compete with them.

I run boba lead, kylo, k2, dook, st han on my beggar account, and lando lead, boba, kylo, fives, st han on the other. Both of those two teams I can beat chaze consistently on offense, but i get demolished on defense. Actually my beggar account is somewhat better against the duo because i am constantly stunning them or ability blocking them and counter attacking, but even then its not easy.

But that's why instead of join, I am making all anti chaze teams. I am farming b2 to replace fives and will get palp 6 stars on my dolphin account to replace lando and will try swapping out st han for shore and see if it's any better, and on my beggar account its already formidable against them, I will only end up replacing st han with palp. Those team constructions should continue to do well in my individual shard meta for quite a while.

It's not nearly as much fun going with the flow as turning against it :)

And yes my level 75 shard created in just this March, is full of whales :)
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    I feel myself lucky because I started game before chaze. I think new f2p players don't have any chance to enter top 10 in arena because of chaze.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Hurkan I'm on a November 2015 leaderboard of arena...but my problem is I want top 20....im trying sooo hard to compete with my small guppy allowance I've used.

It is even beyond insanity thinking 1,000$ put you in the guppy category lol
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Chaze is in 13 of the top 20 of my shard, including some zMaul teams. GK in more than that.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Hurkan wrote: »
    I feel myself lucky because I started game before chaze. I think new f2p players don't have any chance to enter top 10 in arena because of chaze.

Just going through this I can say that is not just about chaze though, people who spend money, myself included, climb the ladder much easier at first simply because of buying all of the energy refreshes. I spent probably 150 total dollars on the game on my dolphin account, and even that much is not anywhere near enough to get me with the top ten players in my shard. When I first got into arena, they were already ten levels higher on the top of the shard and getting rich while I entered rank 5000 and had to work up. Until everything balances off later, it's all about refreshes or spending on other things while spending on refreshes.

Chaze can be worked around with the right f2p setup, but getting all the gear and levels without spending a ton on refreshes or in the shop is what sets you behind as a new player. And while you are just getting everyone to gear seven and some mediocre mods, those players are already at gear 8 with great mods, and running chaze. It's a triple whammy to free to play.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah he is viable in almost every team that tramples on 95% of any team synergies you had in mind
  • Another whining nerf thread because someone can't play with the big dogs. What you're really asking for is akin to handouts.

Whambulance.gif
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Another whining nerf thread because someone can't play with the big dogs. What you're really asking for is akin to handouts.

Whambulance.gif

I don't like nerfs myself so I try not to ever say it xD but I've tried so hard just to realize the top 10 has 4-6 teams...of the same exact team composition and every time I get retaliated chaze is always there lol I feel accomplished even when I take 2 of their units with me up.in the top 10
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Another whining nerf thread because someone can't play with the big dogs. What you're really asking for is akin to handouts.

Whambulance.gif

Wouldn't necessarily say another whine thread when relevant discussion takes place.

And I expect more out of you snakes to jump to the conclusion that it's because people can't "play with the big dogs"

Because I agree with OP and am on a dec 15 shard and always place top 5 as I'm sure others do.

But gratz for contributing

People saying chaze isn't OP because he has counters is laughable.

That's like saying the 96 Chicago bulls weren't stacked with the best players because they were beat in the normal season when they went 72-10 and lost games.

Just because a counter is available don't mean the toons aren't too good
  • Another whining nerf thread because someone can't play with the big dogs. What you're really asking for is akin to handouts.

Whambulance.gif

Can a mod please ban this guy

He is attacking players all over the forums saying they are whining when they are expressing their thoughts.

This is at least the 5th meme he has posted today calling another forum player a whiner and that behaviors isn't helpful to discussing topics it just incites arguments
    @BentWookiee
    @Mageduckey

Every post I go to he is posting memes about people and attacking players
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Anyone remember regeneration lol
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Wonder if this guy is his brother;)
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member

Whambulance.gif

Can a mod please ban this guy

He is attacking players all over the forums saying they are whining when they are expressing their thoughts.

This is at least the 5th meme he has posted today calling another forum player a whiner and that behaviors isn't helpful to discussing topics it just incites arguments
    @BentWookiee
    @Mageduckey

Every post I go to he is posting memes about people and attacking players

Snake contributes a lot to this community with videos etc and don't necessarily think banning contributing members is a good thing but he was acting like tool for coming in here whining about someone else and just posting a meme and not taking part in disscusions
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Veers (L), Snow, Shore, DT, Krennic rips apart Chaze squads.

zQGJ (L), Aayla, GK, Ezra, zYoda rips apart Chaze squads.

There r more options than just Rex-led Chaze and zMaul squads.

It's not like the old dodge meta, or the old Wiggs meta where there was NO counter.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    B2 - cleanse all of their annoying buffs.
    Boba - apply ability block so they can't dispel anything.
    The rest of the team is up to you.

Naming single toons that can counter is a relevant argument to why they aren't OP

Because you can name single toons for counters to anything in this game. You have to look further into the issue than just the single toons that can counter it.

For example how does that one toon effect the rest of your team composition? Or how much use those toons will have outside of their specific purpose.

Apart from removing Chirrut's HoT buffs, B2 also prevents new ones and removes and prevents taunts, offense up and stealth. On top of that B2 often takes turns.

Apart from preventing Chirrut from cleansing, Boba also blocks any other toon from doing any special ability. Apart from that he hits quite hard on opponents with lots of buffs (should B2's buff removal/immunity fail). With a zeta, Boba has quite good sustainence.

Is that good enough?

• xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Naming single toons that can counter is a relevant argument to why they aren't OP

Because you can name single toons for counters to anything in this game. You have to look further into the issue than just the single toons that can counter it.

For example how does that one toon effect the rest of your team composition? Or how much use those toons will have outside of their specific purpose.

Apart from removing Chirrut's HoT buffs, B2 also prevents new ones and removes and prevents taunts, offense up and stealth. On top of that B2 often takes turns.

Apart from preventing Chirrut from cleansing, Boba also blocks any other toon from doing any special ability. Apart from that he hits quite hard on opponents with lots of buffs (should B2's buff removal/immunity fail). With a zeta, Boba has quite good sustainence.

Is that good enough?

I'm not going to keep re-itirating what I keep saying.

Go back and read what I posted cause I'm not wasting more time responding
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    Veers (L), Snow, Shore, DT, Krennic rips apart Chaze squads.

zQGJ (L), Aayla, GK, Ezra, zYoda rips apart Chaze squads.

There r more options than just Rex-led Chaze and zMaul squads.

It's not like the old dodge meta, or the old Wiggs meta where there was NO counter.

I have seen the videos on the maxed out imperial troopers, that was quite awesome to see them rip those pathetic rebels apart. You don't even need krennic to do it either for the audience who cant farm him. This imperial faction is quite the counter to chaze teams, and quite terrible against maul, so if maul is ran out in fewer numbers eventually, I think less and less people will see chaze, because more people will turn to imperial.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Waqui wrote: »

Is that good enough?

Triple cleanse tenacity up tm when critical are hit....rex lead, gk, chaze, nihilus with 90+ speed on most toons destroys your team composition

Trust me I have been fighting pocketbook warriors with my own guppy purchases since release.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member

Whambulance.gif

Wouldn't necessarily say another whine thread when relevant discussion takes place.

And I expect more out of you snakes to jump to the conclusion that it's because people can't "play with the big dogs"

Because I agree with OP and am on a dec 15 shard and always place top 5 as I'm sure others do.

"Big dogs" are never gauged by a pocketbook. You've proved that with your combinations and abilities.

Yes, there are quite a few combinations that can easily beat Chaze (Jedi, Sith, FO, Resistance, to name 4, and not counting crazy off the wall combos), but people use Chaze because they are strong, and fun. If you think this thread is anything other than a call to nerf, you're lost in the OP's use of "relevant discussion" to disguise his true intent and meaning.

I'm simply stating that I agree they are a little too much, I'm not falling into the nerf this nerf that mentality or thread.

There are counters and I've known that for awhile because I'm far from a person who needs help or people telling me how to build teams because I've been the person that makes non meta teams viable in metas.

Just because a toon has a counter doesn't mean they aren't too good at what they do.