Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    Like many others, I am disappointed by the news as well. However, there are actuslly easy fixes to several of these complaints. Instead of releasing different versions of characters already in the game, they should have taken the model from Marvel's Future Fight and added uniforms to existing characters with an increase in power. This would solve the Luke Skywalker problem (Farmer to Pilot to Bespin to Jedi to Old Man); Clones (No helmets to helmets); Chewbacca (Clone Wars to Rebel). They could add Metal Legs Maul in the future.

Another option is to seperate the benefits of the Rebels to the individual factions... Rogue One, Phoenix, OT. They did this with Imperial Troopers. To a lesser extent, they did it with scoundrels since not all scoundrels are bounty hunters. There is no reason that rebels should have synergy with 20+ other characters while Ewoks or Geonesians cant even field a full team.

As for fan favorites, there are so many more characters that haven't been dropped from all eras of the Star Wars universe more deserving than a 2nd Ahsoka...
    C3P0, Jedi Luke, Padme, Jar Jar, Saw Guerrera, Chewbacca, Jabba, Hux, Snoke, Thrawn, Wicket, Mother T, Jango, Maz Kanata

There are other lesser characters that have been name dropped that could serve smaller factions...
    Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss (yes, I really want the original bounty hunters in the game), Hammerhead, Dr. Evazan, Pando Baba, Squidhead, Bib Fortuna, Embo, Ki Adi Mundi, Logray, Sebulba, that dude played by Max Von Sydow, Droideka, Boss Nass, Firethrowing First Order trooper, Nightstick First Order guy, Nein Numb, Sy Snootles and the list goes on.

People complaining love this game. I love this game. However, sometimes I love the potential of the game more than the game itself.
  • AeonWorm
    21 posts Member
    Options
    YYYYYEEESSS!!!! I didn't think they would do it but they DID it!!! And she's not Light or Dark side which Means Revan is Possible! I'm freaking out with excitement!! #shutupandtakemymoney! This is awesome SUPER awesome. They're acknowledging the neutrality of the force! And I get an Adult Ahsoka Tano my Favorite Charater.

I'll admit...I dunno much about Thrawn or Mutton Chops or how "cool" they are....but I ain't sad of *ish!

All I can say is: yes! Yes! YES!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Just to clarify, adult ahsoka also is NOT a fan favorite. None of the ahsokas are. Nobody from SW rebels is except thrawn and he is because of EU, not because of the show.

I believe your statement is biased. Ahsoka is very much a fan favorite and maybe moreso than Thrawn. Many younger fans never read the EU books and only know the movies, the clone war series, and rebels.
    If you ask most fans under 20, they would only know Thrawn from the most recent season of Rebels.

Yea fans under 20 don't pay cgs bills.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Just to clarify, adult ahsoka also is NOT a fan favorite. None of the ahsokas are. Nobody from SW rebels is except thrawn and he is because of EU, not because of the show.

I believe your statement is biased. Ahsoka is very much a fan favorite and maybe moreso than Thrawn. Many younger fans never read the EU books and only know the movies, the clone war series, and rebels.
    If you ask most fans under 20, they would only know Thrawn from the most recent season of Rebels.

But their parents do. Millennials...
  • AeonWorm
    21 posts Member
    Options
    If I can just pick my mind up off the floor please and thank you...I'll get started...*stoops down*
  • Options

I was fully prepared to spend a couple hundred on thrawn and now I'm fully prepared to spend a big fat 0. My bank account will be sending Ahsoka a thank you for not being worth my money.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!

I lold
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    AeonWorm wrote: »
    YYYYYEEESSS!!!! I didn't think they would do it but they DID it!!! And she's not Light or Dark side which Means Revan is Possible! I'm freaking out with excitement!! #shutupandtakemymoney! This is awesome SUPER awesome. They're acknowledging the neutrality of the force! And I get an Adult Ahsoka Tano my Favorite Charater.

I'll admit...I dunno much about Thrawn or Mutton Chops or how "cool" they are....but I ain't sad of *ish!

All I can say is: yes! Yes! YES!

You do know she is light, don't you?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    CoMiGa wrote: »

Thrawn has been credited with saving Star Wars from a state of declining interest, nobody will EVER say that about Ahsoka

Edit: looking back I think the word "saving" is a tad bit of an overstatement but you get the point.

The Zahn novels maybe, not Thrawn the character. Ahsoka is incredibly popular way more so than Thrawn ever was, but it is impossible to prove one way or another.

Once again, I think this is divided into age categories. I'm a guy who watched the original Star Wars in the theater when it was first released and I've read a lot of the EU books over the years. I would love to see Thrawn released in game.
    That being said, I know the younger generation and I've seen plenty of Ahsoka and other CW/Rebels costumes on Haloween. I've only ever seen one Thrawn, and that was a group of kids' father. They were all random Star Wars characters and he was Thrawn - I was impressed.

I have no idea what the age breakdown is of the players but it sounds like we have a majority of older players that frequent the forums.

--
    On a side note, for all those complaining that they gave us another Rebel. When they release Jedi Luke, he'll be a Rebel.
  • Options
    On a side note, for all those complaining that they gave us another Rebel. When they release Jedi Luke, he'll be a Rebel.

x7Yb626.gif
  • Options
    CoMiGa wrote: »

Thrawn has been credited with saving Star Wars from a state of declining interest, nobody will EVER say that about Ahsoka

Edit: looking back I think the word "saving" is a tad bit of an overstatement but you get the point.

The Zahn novels maybe, not Thrawn the character. Ahsoka is incredibly popular way more so than Thrawn ever was, but it is impossible to prove one way or another.

Once again, I think this is divided into age categories. I'm a guy who watched the original Star Wars in the theater when it was first released and I've read a lot of the EU books over the years. I would love to see Thrawn released in game.
    That being said, I know the younger generation and I've seen plenty of Ahsoka and other CW/Rebels costumes on Haloween. I've only ever seen one Thrawn, and that was a group of kids' father. They were all random Star Wars characters and he was Thrawn - I was impressed.

I have no idea what the age breakdown is of the players but it sounds like we have a majority of older players that frequent the forums.

--

I'm 23 and I read the thrawn stuff despite not being born when it came out just because I genuinely loved Star Wars. Read a lot of EU stuff, whether it was the actual source material or a quick Wookiepeedia skim. I thought TCW was okay and Rebels was trash. Just my opinion. Not because it was animated, i love animated things (anime nerd). I don't know if that's because the show was bad (probably) or because I just actually hate all the Rebels as an entire group (also probably). I only say this just to help clarify the age breakdown, it's not all that important.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    I love Ahsoka's character and am excited about an adult version of her, BUT... I still think I would rather of had an Empire/Rebels Kallus OR Thrawn. With every new content release (Ep7, Rogue 1, Clone Wars, etc...), we've gotten members from both the light and dark sides. With Rebels though, we got the entire Phoenix Squad to represent the light side, but only Gar Saxon (who played a very minor role in the series) and one of his commandos to represent the Dark Side and that's it?

I have to assume that they're still planning on giving us those characters at some point here in the near future. Maybe when Season 4 hits this fall? I can understand their hesitancy with releasing Thrawn right at this moment though, because they're probably planning to release him at the same time as a major overhaul to the Ship content. (I can't imagine them releasing a Grand Admiral without another capital ship of some sorts for him to command...) But they could have at least given us Kallus. If the incoming transmission gif was meant to represent Ahsoka only, they should not have used a recognizable clip from Season 3 (which Ahsoka didn't even cameo in)!

@CG_Kozispoon That was kind of a low blow...

That being said. Thank you for giving us an older and more mature Ahsoka.
  • Options
    Very fustrating
  • Options
    They are waiting to add Luke until there are 99 rebels. He will be no 100, the most OP of them all.

I got 99 Rebels but Luke ain't one.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options

I was fully prepared to spend a couple hundred on thrawn and now I'm fully prepared to spend a big fat 0. My bank account will be sending Ahsoka a thank you for not being worth my money.

Basically this. Back to hoarding gear and crystals.
  • Options
    They are waiting to add Luke until there are 99 rebels. He will be no 100, the most OP of them all.

I got 99 Rebels but Luke ain't one.

This thread has been waiting for a winner, congratulations
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Did I miss something? How do we know it's a new Ahsoka?

No somehow they decided she was a fan favorite they needed to be launched as a Rebel during the Empire pass with a **** Tarkin rework.

Too bad none of these podcasts have any balls to actually push them in these interviews or call them out on their **** like the named rebels comment and how they decided to do Ahsoka as a fan favorite, and mislead people with the images released.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    So she dispels all debuffs on her at the end of her turn and takes damage for each one... Does anyone know whether debuffs that would normally have expired at the end of that turn (like stun) will deal damage to her as well, or will they expire first, and then she dispels whatever's left?
  • TheUncannyMrH
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Named Rebels comment made sense, which is why I didn't push. Also, being a **** to the devs who are kind enough to come on our show would simply ensure it wouldn't happen again.

In addition, Ahsoka is a "fan favorite", even if you don't care about her. Plus, we have no reason to assume this is the second "fan favorite" teased previously.

I also don't understand how they mislead with the pictures released? They showed the Fulcrum symbol, she was the first Fulcrum.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Me2_U3 wrote: »
    Will be any team as she is being released via marquee event no specific toons needed

What does marquee event mean? is it like Phenix squadron?
  • Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Me2_U3 wrote: »
    Will be any team as she is being released via marquee event no specific toons needed

What does marquee event mean? is it like Phenix squadron?

Yes.
  • Options
    Since they don't nerf Chaze because people invested in them, how bout compensating all that people that invested in empire toons because they LIED that the empire will rise?
  • Options
    Since they don't nerf Chaze because people invested in them, how bout compensating all that people that invested in empire toons because they LIED that the empire will rise?

As much as I agree this will probably get edited or removed lol
  • Krayt337
    29 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How is she a fan favorite, I had not heard of her till this game
  • Options
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

Unlikely.
    jarael wrote: »
    i love ashoka so i'm really excited about this. also we don't know how much damage that attack does, she could hit like barris (and 11 times barris = 1 rey)
    smninja73 wrote: »
    I just want to see the opinions on her and her ability that can let her ATTACK UP TO 11 TIMES

You are not listening carefully. She consumes all buffs on her and for each one she attacks, BUT those buffs MUST be different. So if she consumes 7 HoTs, she will only have 1 bonus attack. She needs to consume Tenacity up, HoTs, Crit up, Offense up for 4 bonus attacks, If she has 1 more buff, it will give her 5 attacks and so on.

Aren't unique buffs the one that only some characters have, like Boba's Bounty Resolve? It doesn't specify if the buffs must be different.

They said it loud and clear in the interview, they don't mean it as Boba's unique buffs but rather as not the same buff stacked. They specifically said that each buff must be different, that's why one of the guys asked if there are even 11 total buffs in the game ^^
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The Ahsoka character is amazing, but you have to get off your cartoon prejudice to see it. Love this addition. Tell the team thanks @CG_Kozispoon

She could be the greatest thing since the sliced bread, that doesn't change the fact that she is nothing more than another rebel in a game over-saturated with rebels.
  • Options
    Krayt337 wrote: »
    How is she a fan f

Because a lot of fans like her?
    She has a very large following after The Clone Wars, and her stint on Rebels.
  • Options
    They will probably delete it, it doesn't make it less true.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Krayt337 wrote: »
    How is she a fan f

Because a lot of fans like her?
    She has a very large following after The Clone Wars, and her stint on Rebels.

She is not a fan favorite.