Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »
    I have no interest in another Ahsoka version.

Where is Luke? This is getting beyond a joke now guys

Why so angry? I like her getting added. I think many are happy to see her.

Cause it's been 17 months now and Luke is Star Wars. Not these non-entities they keep rolling out. I don't watch cartoons as I'm an adult - this rebels series of characters is of 0 interest to me (and probably many others)

But you watch movies about men on spaceahips fighting with laser swords and magic space pixies
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They were done releasing rebels. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

They make a valid point on the podcast. The majority of the SW universe is rebels. I've never really thought of it that way, but if you listen to the podcast, they talk about it.

But if they say that, why didn't simply made a game that focuses on the Rebellion? Why make a game with all factions from Star Wars and then neglecting all of them except one? How does that make sense?

Good point. This is a game with a lot of great different factions. Use it devs!
  • Options
    This was a bust of a character release. Not because the kit is awful or anything, but because it's another rebel, it doesn't deserve the build up it got, and the timing is bad

Point of interest: We don't know when she's getting released. There may still be something big in store for May 25th. Matter of fact, they pointedly wouldn't say when she was releasing.
  • Options
    @Han_Brolo81 has some pent up Ahsoka anger...

lol it's not even necessarily Ahsoka anger, the poor girl just happened to be the next rebel to release the pent up rebel anger xD

True, I actually liked her in TCW. This has nothing to do with the SW Characters and every to do with the obsession with rebels CG seems to have.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    They were done releasing rebels. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

They make a valid point on the podcast. The majority of the SW universe is rebels. I've never really thought of it that way, but if you listen to the podcast, they talk about it.

Yeah, that is true. However, there are a TON of Dark Side characters they could release right now instead of yet another rebel. And during the Empire Faction Pass. Makes ZERO sense.

"Here's an Empire rework to help them become more viable....and here's two OP Rebels to completely negate them."

Thanks? :s
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    OnJouney wrote: »
    I have no interest in another Ahsoka version.

Where is Luke? This is getting beyond a joke now guys

Why so angry? I like her getting added. I think many are happy to see her.

Cause it's been 17 months now and Luke is Star Wars. Not these non-entities they keep rolling out. I don't watch cartoons as I'm an adult - this rebels series of characters is of 0 interest to me (and probably many others)

Darth Vader will be Star Wars to me more than that whiny baby ever will be (I know later that changes but let me hate on him).
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a while back when people kept whining that they only added Warcraft assassins in Hots. :lol: Honestly I think that fans don't really know what they want and they will hate on anything that's popular at the moment like a bunch of hipsters.
  • Options
    This was a bust of a character release. Not because the kit is awful or anything, but because it's another rebel, it doesn't deserve the build up it got, and the timing is bad

Point of interest: We don't know when she's getting released. There may still be something big in store for May 25th. Matter of fact, they pointedly wouldn't say when she was releasing.

Fair, it is possible that something else could be in store. However this is definitely disappointing. Again I feel like it being yet another rebel is what made it so annoying.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Daemoe wrote: »
    83PPHMQ.jpg

This.

So we get an Empire Pass...with TWO super powered Rebels to negate the pass. Nice. Totally worth it.

Not.

Yes, I just dropped a "not joke."

I like Ahsoka, but another version of her was not needed. Not in the slightest. So many other ACTUAL fan favorite characters need to be added to the game but you give us this?

SMH

tumblr_liq5z2bHMp1qzado8o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    This reminds me of a while back when people kept whining that they only added Warcraft assassins in Hots. :lol: Honestly I think that fans don't really know what they want and they will hate on anything that's popular at the moment like a bunch of hipsters.

Well is a good thing you know what we want for us.
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty much agree with the overwhelming majority of posters. This is a joke and a hype job done by them to give us another fracken rebel, it's clear the devs lack foresight and imagination. A fan favorite, adult Ashoka, yeah that's a joke look at the fan polls Hasbro has done for toys and see who typically wins out. The excuse of named Rebels is a cop out.

The Empire pass Thrawn rework what a joke. They've ensured Empire will not rise.

Tldr; pfff slagoff with this over hyped let down.
  • Options

I know Ahsoka herself isn't what I'm about to describe, but if a bunch of doofuses with bad hair cuts and dirty mustaches (here's looking at you, Biggs) wearing hideous pajamas is what's popular then I'll be a hipster any given day
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

I don't know what you guys want, you guys are horribly inconsistent and request characters from all over so it's kinda hard to know which characters you guys really want
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

I know Ahsoka herself isn't what I'm about to describe, but if a bunch of doofuses with bad hair cuts and dirty mustaches (here's looking at you, Biggs) wearing hideous pajamas is what's popular then I'll be a hipster any given day

Your guys hate for rebels is real :lol: you guys were also starting to turn against the sith as soon as maul became the meta. So forgive me if I am unable to take you guys seriously.
  • Options

Your guys hate for rebels is real :lol: you guys were also starting to turn against the sith as soon as maul became the meta. So forgive me if I am unable to take you guys seriously.

I loved the sith. Not a fan of how powerful the Zaul meta was but it never diminished my love for the Dark Side. The sith deserved to be powerful like they were in the movies. All the rebels did was get dumped on until Luke showed up and turned things around.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that CG has other surprises for us on the 25th so we will have to wait and see :smile: so I would hold on to your complaining and lower your pitchforks and see what the update will bring first in its entirety before whining :wink:
  • Options

I don't know what you guys want, you guys are horribly inconsistent and request characters from all over so it's kinda hard to know which characters you guys really want

The fact that we request charecters from all over should tell you what we want. Is diversity, variation.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, as much as I like Ahsoka I can say, that for the first time since I started to play this game since day one I am severely disappointed by a character release/announcement... I was really hoping for Thrawn, as much as I sympathize with the Rebels as a group...

2 months ago you said that in the next month the Empire will rise (I'm paraphrasing here) and 2 months later the only new Empire heroes we have are Gar Saxon and the Imperial Super Commando? Really!? Are they really the most memorable and prominent Empire characters that we have seen in Rebels? Not Thrawn, not Kallus, not Governor Pryce, not The Grand Inquisitor but Gar Saxon and the Commando? Sure the Veers, Troopers and Tarkin reworks are great and long overdue but not exactly game changing or even as exciting for the Empire...

And another thing....I guess we can all come to terms now that we will never see Jedi Luke in this game....If you don't use the month of May in the year of the 40-th anniversary of Star Wars to introduce him to the game in my mind it's pretty much a guarantee that we won't see him at all. Well what the hell...He's not that important of a character anyway. :)
  • Options
    Fan favorite? Maybe with a small subset who watch the cartoon.

I hope they require 7* Phoenix to unlock her.
    She's been in 2 now. IIRC, she's big enough to have her own book.

I love Ahsoka. But isn't May 2017 called Empire Month?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

It still is empire month. I am liking the free veers shards from the daily login and I might gear up tarkin after the rework.
  • Options
    Wow, this thread becomes a pain in the **** to read.

Wild assumptions of who has and has not to be any- and everyones favorite character and/or medium. My impression is that most posters have a very limited perspective on the franchise and hate everything, that they have no knowledge of.
    Reading books ist good for you. And I does indeed not hurt to pull ones head out of the own rear and realize that something is not only for kids, just because it is animated.

I read the Thrawn books and many others. I love the Rebels series and the Phoenix Squad and will use them ingame as I did for the last weeks successfully each day in GW with not having one not completed till then. Oh and I am 35 and my boy is still too young to watch SW with me.

Yes, I hoped for Thrawn, my favorite character. Or for Callus. But I'll get another of my well liked characters.

Everyone has their favorite, so let them be. And I think pointing those things out like:

- too many Rebels
    - too many unused factions
    - lack of gungan faction (this is the point where you lose your temper ;-))
    - hard meta that is not diverse and can be boiled down to 3-5 characters
    - to few rock/paper/turbolaser interactions

in a constructive and persistant way is endlessly more useful and mature than whining and spitting like a defiant five year old.

Can we do that? Or at least try? Pretty please?
  • Options

It still is empire month. I am liking the free veers shards from the daily login and I might gear up tarkin after the rework.

"Empire month" *more rebels come out than empire*
  • Options
    I wish Tarkin's rework included a special that added a 1 turn buff to his team that made any debuff cast by them non-dispellable.
  • Options
    Here is my one word: JUNK
    Who cares about Ashoka, it is already in the game.
  • Options
    @Pandiano I super love that was your first post.
  • Tatts
    6 posts Member
    Options
    /sigh darkside toons givin potency and debuffs and lightside givin unlimited cleanses and tenacity up (debuff immunity) sooo dissapointed with gmt sounds 100% useless
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!

I was hoping the Reddit postwas from
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.

How cares what you do?
    And thrawn is not a fan fav...
    Can't care less about something in an book..

This is the same silliness as "can't care less about something in a cartoon".

This. Not everyone read book, not everyone watch cartoon show, bit everyone watch the movie. If you call something a fan fav it most be from the movie.

that is such an ignorant statement. only watching the movies means you are a part-timer fan. you dont gush over new things brought into canon. you dont wait watch youtube videos after youtube videos to break down trailers, shows, books ect. you like the movies and thats fine. but real diehard fans love the whole universe and cant get enough. it isnt your place to say what is and isnt a fan favorite. ahsoka and thrawn are easily 2 of the top 10 if not top 5 characters for most real fans.

The problem is what you are saying is subjective, the only thing I can think of where hard core fans voted in "official" polls is for Hasbro fan favorites for their Black Series the last couple years. 1st year Revan won hands down, last year Jana Solo won with Darth Talon close behind.

Is there any official medium to support Ashoka as a "real fans" top 5? I don't hate Ashoka but hyping a fan favorite and using misleading hints then dropping a 2nd Ashoka, a them during an Emp faction pass and claiming fan favorite feels misleading and a bit dirty.

Side rant, EU characters are widely popular despite Disney not grasping that and the Disney ignoring Jedi VS Sith are what make the Star Wars universe unique and stoked the love for SW at a young age, so they make stand alone nonjedi Sith movies. Great plan recast an iconic character who has no need to be of ignoring Jedi and Sith.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    What is cgs rebel fetish? I'm disgusted by this. Who TF wants another Ashoka????
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    "Here's an Empire rework to help them become more viable....and here's two OP Rebels to completely negate them."

Thanks? :s

Couldn't have said it better myself. The empire faction pass was a let down. Even after Tarkin is done, the empire still has no place at the top of the arena. Any chances we did have, well they were put to rest with 2 OP rebel additions.

They release empire characters that amount to nothing of value, Saxon, super commando, they rework troopers/veers, which was cool and we can use them some now, and now Tarkin, but they gave ZERO answers for top arena. The empire gets second billing again.
    In their moment of triumph, CG gives 2 incredible rebels.

• Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    totalkow wrote: »
    And how to get her ? Yoda/Palp style event ?

Highly unlikely. Thinking the usual auto fest that will get you a 3 star version.