Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    artist rendering of this thread

salt_with_shaker.jpeg

Now you just need the open wounds of empire fans. Dramatic I know, but still not far from the truth.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Nope all of you are wrong the June Fan Favorite is Robot Legs Darth Maul. We will get him before we get Jedi Luke.

I would actually be ok with this. New Maul meta with mando tags incoming

• Options
    There's another post where Jesse claims ahsoka is not he fan favorite for June .
  • Options
    The empire didn't rise at all.
    The veers rework has troopers with veers data doing about 2.5 million in p4 Haat. Clones can do what triple that? Now Resistance can do at least triple that? So even the raid possibilities come it at 1/2 of what other teams are doing. Troopers rework is not a meta buster. At max everything, they can be used in arena, sure, but they aren't top teams. Tarkin does not appear to be the answer.
    This isn't even about Ahsoka. It's about the complete disregard for anything empire. Sith faction pass made them THE only arena viable team for a few months until everyone was able to get Chaze and Rex.
    The empire is great at nothing in this game.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Looks like Ahsoka's not the second new June toon, after all :'(

Per EA Jesse's latest tweet:
    "I just want to say, many #SWGOH fans love Ahsoka, but she is not the fan favorite character for June that we teased at SWCO."
    https://twitter.com/Darokaz?lang=en

@CG_Kozispoon Please give us just a little bit of a bone to chew on before next week's update ... otherwise I'll be biting my nails and sleeplessly wondering who it is until then ...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The Ahsoka character is amazing, but you have to get off your cartoon prejudice to see it. Love this addition. Tell the team thanks @CG_Kozispoon

She could be the greatest thing since the sliced bread, that doesn't change the fact that she is nothing more than another rebel in a game over-saturated with rebels.

Kind of hard not to make Rebels since the majority of characters in Cannon who actually have names are Rebels. If it's not Rebels it will be tons of Jedi from the Prequels.

To quote from the other thread:
    As for fan favorites, there are so many more characters that haven't been dropped from all eras of the Star Wars universe more deserving than a 2nd Ahsoka...
    C3P0, Jedi Luke, Padme, Jar Jar, Saw Guerrera, Chewbacca, Jabba, Hux, Snoke, Thrawn, Wicket, Mother T, Jango, Maz Kanata
    There are other lesser characters that have been name dropped that could serve smaller factions...
    Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss (yes, I really want the original bounty hunters in the game), Hammerhead, Dr. Evazan, Pando Baba, Squidhead, Bib Fortuna, Embo, Ki Adi Mundi, Logray, Sebulba, that dude played by Max Von Sydow, Droideka, Boss Nass, Firethrowing First Order trooper, Nightstick First Order guy, Nein Numb, Sy Snootles and the list goes on.
    People complaining love this game. I love this game. However, sometimes I love the potential of the game more than the game itself.

Great quote, C3P0 is a rebel(and a droid), Jedi Luke will eventually be released(Aaand he is also a Rebel), Saw Guerrera is an extremist but also a Rebel, Chewie is a Rebel, so yeah, half of the toons you mentioned are rebels.

Padme(will come eventually), Jabba - seriously?, Jar Jar, again seriously?, Hux and Snoke will come when they release episode VIII, Wicket(oh god, the st up id teddy bear again w/e), Jango(I hope they will never release him but with my luck they probably will at some point), Mother T, whenever they get to ns rework. Thrawn will be released after Season 4 of Rebels most likely, Maz Kanata is still nobody.

Now on to the lesser characters, total number 20. How many of them had at least 5 minutes of screen time? Let's see Droideka(+1), Bossk(+1), Embo(+1), Mundi(+1). Great now we've got 4 not so popular characters(one of which is in 9-B) who have potential.

So now we are limiting characters based on screen time?
    memememe wrote: »
    Wellp the empire will rise thing turned out to be a joke...

Here's to hoping next month in the NIGHT SISTERS WILL DOMINATE run we get Salacious Crumb or something...

Nah - we'll get 3 more Rebels. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    There's another post where Jesse claims ahsoka is not he fan favorite for June .

Yeah the June Fan Favorite is going to be Robot Legs Darth Maul. His new unique ability will be called Clanking Shadows.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    The Ahsoka character is amazing, but you have to get off your cartoon prejudice to see it. Love this addition. Tell the team thanks @CG_Kozispoon

She could be the greatest thing since the sliced bread, that doesn't change the fact that she is nothing more than another rebel in a game over-saturated with rebels.

Kind of hard not to make Rebels since the majority of characters in Cannon who actually have names are Rebels. If it's not Rebels it will be tons of Jedi from the Prequels.

To quote from the other thread:
    As for fan favorites, there are so many more characters that haven't been dropped from all eras of the Star Wars universe more deserving than a 2nd Ahsoka...
    C3P0, Jedi Luke, Padme, Jar Jar, Saw Guerrera, Chewbacca, Jabba, Hux, Snoke, Thrawn, Wicket, Mother T, Jango, Maz Kanata
    There are other lesser characters that have been name dropped that could serve smaller factions...
    Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss (yes, I really want the original bounty hunters in the game), Hammerhead, Dr. Evazan, Pando Baba, Squidhead, Bib Fortuna, Embo, Ki Adi Mundi, Logray, Sebulba, that dude played by Max Von Sydow, Droideka, Boss Nass, Firethrowing First Order trooper, Nightstick First Order guy, Nein Numb, Sy Snootles and the list goes on.
    People complaining love this game. I love this game. However, sometimes I love the potential of the game more than the game itself.

Great quote, C3P0 is a rebel(and a droid), Jedi Luke will eventually be released(Aaand he is also a Rebel), Saw Guerrera is an extremist but also a Rebel, Chewie is a Rebel, so yeah, half of the toons you mentioned are rebels.

Padme(will come eventually), Jabba - seriously?, Jar Jar, again seriously?, Hux and Snoke will come when they release episode VIII, Wicket(oh god, the st up id teddy bear again w/e), Jango(I hope they will never release him but with my luck they probably will at some point), Mother T, whenever they get to ns rework. Thrawn will be released after Season 4 of Rebels most likely, Maz Kanata is still nobody.

Now on to the lesser characters, total number 20. How many of them had at least 5 minutes of screen time? Let's see Droideka(+1), Bossk(+1), Embo(+1), Mundi(+1). Great now we've got 4 not so popular characters(one of which is in 9-B) who have potential.

So now we are limiting characters based on screen time?
    memememe wrote: »
    Wellp the empire will rise thing turned out to be a joke...

Here's to hoping next month in the NIGHT SISTERS WILL DOMINATE run we get Salacious Crumb or something...

Nah - we'll get 3 more Rebels. ;)

Nah I actually want to see more than 3 rebels for sure
  • Options
    It's going to be Sy Snootles!
  • Options
    Nope all of you are wrong the June Fan Favorite is Robot Legs Darth Maul. We will get him before we get Jedi Luke.

Haha. No synergy with ds droids tho.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The veers rework has troopers with veers data doing about 2.5 million in p4 Haat. Clones can do what triple that? Now Resistance can do at least triple that? So even the raid possibilities come it at 1/2 of what other teams are doing. Troopers rework is not a meta buster. At max everything, they can be used in arena, sure, but they aren't top teams. Tarkin does not appear to be the answer.
    This isn't even about Ahsoka. It's about the complete disregard for anything empire. Sith faction pass made them THE only arena viable team for a few months until everyone was able to get Chaze and Rex.

"And now, back to our regularly scheduled Rebel dominance of every aspect of the game..."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Oh cool - it'll be a different Rebel. :D

• Options
    Nope it will be Robot Legs Darth Maul, with his unique ability reworked and renamed to Clanking Shadows.
  • Options
    Please be dark side anakin
  • Options
    :D Snootles main attack is with her big red lips.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Dark Side Anakin is Darth Vader. He was really only dark side Anakin for about a week, the time it took Obi Wan to track him down and leave him for dead.
  • Options

"And now, back to our regularly scheduled Rebel dominance of every aspect of the game..."

Well apparently the SW universe does revolve against them....
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    *crosses fingers* please be sith Lord jar jar please be sith Lord jar jar
  • Options
    So it might be Thrawn or Kallus?
  • Options
    If Bistan and Pao can be in the game with only 5 mins of screen time, my boy dark side anakin can be in the game (side note: don't take this seriously haha)
  • Options
    So there is going to be a Fulcrum Ahsoka character PLUS an unannounced fan favorite for June?
  • Options
    It still doesn't change that they left the Empire hanging and added yet another seeming great rebel. The Empire faction pass was really just a precursor to the R2 and Ahsoka releases, they pretended it was happening, then it gets buried by a new headline.
    Tarkin rework teased. Day tarkin to be released, now great new rebel. Empire forgotten again.

Those of us that play the Empire, First Order, etc. We spend a lot of money too.
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    *crosses fingers* please be sith Lord jar jar please be sith Lord jar jar

Destroys all synergies between characters, as it rips apart the community.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Bring the Light!!!!

I don't like the darkside characters, they are villains.... This game is called Galaxy of HEROES for a reason.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Oh cool - it'll be a different Rebel. :D

its_sad_but_true.gif
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Bring the Light!!!!

I don't like the darkside characters, they are villains.... This game is called Galaxy of HEROES for a reason.

That's just like your opinion man. The dark side does have cookies.
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Bring the Light!!!!

Can't even have a Hero without an unbeatable, over-powered, ruthless villain for said hero to overcome by the skin of his teeth. If your villains are weak, then your heroes aren't very heroic.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

lChyVx7.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi