Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    can't it just be changed so an assisting ally doesn't get the TM gain? seems like the easiest fix to me
  • Options
    It'd be nice if people stop using the word "fix" for everything, just because they are little mad kids that got their boring Zader FIXED.

They won't do anything to this comp, simply because there isn't a bug. It's like saying "let's nerf Teebo, Rex and Qui-Gon because they can solo the Rancor". Not a phase, but the whole Rancor. Does it make any sense to you?? Not really, so no they won't do anything about this either, simply because there isn't anything broken about it. It's a tactic, that Lugo discovered by using his head, instead of sitting around and complaining about everything.
  • Options
    Nerf
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    petedaddy wrote: »
    can't it just be changed so an assisting ally doesn't get the TM gain? seems like the easiest fix to me

That would be the proper way to nerf this. The 49% idea would still mean this team would put up massive damage.
  • Options
    It'd be nice if people stop using the word "fix" for everything, just because they are little mad kids that got their boring Zader FIXED.

They won't do anything to this comp, simply because there isn't a bug. It's like saying "let's nerf Teebo, Rex and Qui-Gon because they can solo the Rancor". Not a phase, but the whole Rancor. Does it make any sense to you?? Not really, so no they won't do anything about this either, simply because there isn't anything broken about it. It's a tactic, that Lugo discovered by using his head, instead of sitting around and complaining about everything.

Funniest comment of the day.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Clones and Maul going past enrage was a "tactic" too. Yet they added health immunity shortly after...
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they do more than that. 49% will still equate to several million in damage. It'd probably still be able to solo also. No way should three toons have the ability to put up those kind of numbers with trash mods and gear.

No, they won't. Even if someone gets to the topple, sure they'll put in a bit of damage, but then the tank will get its turn. Two dead jawas. That's the only fix that's needed.
  • Options
    Darax_ren wrote: »
    I hope they do more than that. 49% will still equate to several million in damage. It'd probably still be able to solo also. No way should three toons have the ability to put up those kind of numbers with trash mods and gear.

No, they won't. Even if someone gets to the topple, sure they'll put in a bit of damage, but then the tank will get its turn. Two dead jawas. That's the only fix that's needed.

"If someone gets to the topple" Lol are you serious? I'm gonna make the assumption that you haven't tried the composition yet. I solo'd phase 4 with ease. 49% turn meter would definitely hurt your score, but you'll still be able to rack up several million in damage with 3 toons.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf is not a fix. It's a nerf. Call it what it is
  • FredIV
    13 posts Member
    Options
    It'll be fixed folks, count on it.

The simplest fix is to change the leader ability to 49% TM gain. No one gets hurt.

And send Lugo some crystals, because fair play the guy beat the developers at their own game.

I'm not 100% sure on this. Based on what i can gather about tm mechanics, the difference between 98% and 100% tm gain is big because it would allow the tank to gain tm every time the jawas need the extra 2%. So maybe the jawas get 5 rounds of attacks in before the tank gets a turn, as opposed to continuing perpetually.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    @Juex777 the point of this thread is to see people's thought and hopefully, dev's thoughts. so i can know if to farm them. they are not worth the resources if they gonna get nerfed, and i surely dont want them to be nerfed.

and @Tatebomb no way the buffing the tank, already too hard for most of people.
    @ProximaB1_ canceling the jawa bonus will be bad, reducing it to XX% chance to assist, will make this team BEAST, but not solo team.. so maybe the winwin sulotion from ea...

Like they didn't buff it due to maul?
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    FredIV wrote: »

The simplest fix is to change the leader ability to 49% TM gain. No one gets hurt.

And send Lugo some crystals, because fair play the guy beat the developers at their own game.

I'm not 100% sure on this. Based on what i can gather about tm mechanics, the difference between 98% and 100% tm gain is big because it would allow the tank to gain tm every time the jawas need the extra 2%. So maybe the jawas get 5 rounds of attacks in before the tank gets a turn, as opposed to continuing perpetually.

if tank and jawas have the same speed then the %2 would actually exactly mean that it takes 50 turns for the tank to get a turn.
  • Options
    FredIV wrote: »

5 rounds of attacks would be a 10% turn meter reduction. The number of attacks would be around 50 per topple. That would come out to roughly 500k damage per topple.
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    No bug involved..... Could be viable for some time

Thia
  • Options
    its not a bug so i dont see why they would nerf this combo.
    If they are really not wanting this they will likely just buff the raid in some way similar to how they changed health immunity and gave it to the raid once it enrages. Alternately they can completely rework nute in a future separatist faction pass and make this strategy unusable but making nute better in the process
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    If they are really not wanting this they will likely just buff the raid in some way similar to how they changed health immunity and gave it to the raid once it enrages. Alternately they can completely rework nute in a future separatist faction pass and make this strategy unusable but making nute better in the process

Yep
    +1
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    The point the OP don't have the "Lugo" toons, don't want to farm n gear them because Lugo team is ugly. Maybe don't want his score surpass by guildmate who have Lugo team. So, OP file a report by this thread.

Question: If OP have Lugo team, will OP make the thread?

Case closed ;)
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options

Uh you don't see why they would nerf this combo? Well let's see....you can use 3 bad toons with low level gear to solo a phase of the raid. A raid the devs made for the masses to spend money for gear and toons to be able to complete it. I'd guess 75% of guilds can't complete haat still but that will change quickly if they let this continue. Which would mean less money for EA...which is the only reason why EA makes games. For money. Cheers to Lugo for finding it but it needs to be nerfed.
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Why fix it? These tricks are the way smaller alliances beat the tank, like some use chirpa and ep on p3, it is a smart way to beat it, not a cheat. It should be left alone, and players will be encouraged to farm a toon they wouldn't otherwise work on (nute), a lot of us worked on teebo for rancor despite him being useless elsewhere, I don't see the issue myself.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Kane13 wrote: »

Uh you don't see why they would nerf this combo? Well let's see....you can use 3 bad toons with low level gear to solo a phase of the raid. A raid the devs made for the masses to spend money for gear and toons to be able to complete it. I'd guess 75% of guilds can't complete haat still but that will change quickly if they let this continue. Which would mean less money for EA...which is the only reason why EA makes games. For money. Cheers to Lugo for finding it but it needs to be nerfed.

Lets be honest here. The vast majority of EA's SWGOH income is from selling characters like Nihilus, Chirrut and Baze. All three of them have their uses in hAAT, but they're primarily Arena characters. No one's going to pay $1000 so their guild can complete hAAT. People will pay $1000 to have the best new character for Arena (Not me, personallly, but some people.)

AAT has been out for a long time. It took a lot less time for people to 'break' Rancor than it has to 'break' AAT. And pretty much every player who's complaining about this I wager has Heroic on farm already. They don't suffer - other people gain. There are plenty of other people with Heroic on farm who are bored by it - they see it as just a GK shard grind. So this doesn't really affect them - they don't give a toss about it either way.

Yes, I do have the characters necessary for this team. Of course I'm delighted that this team has been discovered. But even if I didn't have them already ready, I'd still be delighted. This is simply a fantastic use of game mechanics. Maybe it wasn't intended, but was Teebo intended? Was zKylo intended? Was Chirpatine intended? I think not.
  • Options

I never said i dont see why this combo could be nerfed, i was more getting at the fact that EA/CG rarely outright nerfs toon combos unless there is a bug involved with the characters (except OG barris, rip) which currently there isnt

On another note if they really cared about 3 toons soloing a phase why did they make it so that you can solo a phase of the raid with only 1 toon? True that needs a zeta and takes longer but its still really easy to do once you've got the pattern down
  • Options
    DannyB wrote: »
    Why fix it? These tricks are the way smaller alliances beat the tank, like some use chirpa and ep on p3, it is a smart way to beat it, not a cheat. It should be left alone, and players will be encouraged to farm a toon they wouldn't otherwise work on (nute), a lot of us worked on teebo for rancor despite him being useless elsewhere, I don't see the issue myself.

There's a huge difference between both compositions.

EP and Chirpa require 3 g10-11 tanks. You can get anywhere from 5-10% in damage.

Lugo's strategy requires 3 toons that need sub-par gear to solo a phase.

I can list the compositions in a different order if that'll help you understand the difference more clearly.
  • Options
    Zanhaep wrote: »

Lets be honest here. The vast majority of EA's SWGOH income is from selling characters like Nihilus, Chirrut and Baze. All three of them have their uses in hAAT, but they're primarily Arena characters. No one's going to pay $1000 so their guild can complete hAAT. People will pay $1000 to have the best new character for Arena (Not me, personallly, but some people.)

AAT has been out for a long time. It took a lot less time for people to 'break' Rancor than it has to 'break' AAT. And pretty much every player who's complaining about this I wager has Heroic on farm already. They don't suffer - other people gain. There are plenty of other people with Heroic on farm who are bored by it - they see it as just a GK shard grind. So this doesn't really affect them - they don't give a toss about it either way.

Yes, I do have the characters necessary for this team. Of course I'm delighted that this team has been discovered. But even if I didn't have them already ready, I'd still be delighted. This is simply a fantastic use of game mechanics. Maybe it wasn't intended, but was Teebo intended? Was zKylo intended? Was Chirpatine intended? I think not.

+1
  • Options
    DannyB wrote: »

I agree. At this point, even those of us that have only gotten 6 GK shards per raid are almost finished with him. If this had been discovered in the opening days, I could see a fix being done. Just let it go now. We'll all be wanting a fast farm on this raid from now on anyway. Set up zero damage waiting periods and roll with it. Maybe set up some damage drop times per phase, so everyone can have some fun with this trio.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, no, CG comes from gear and not toons.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I never said i dont see why this combo could be nerfed, i was more getting at the fact that EA/CG rarely outright nerfs toon combos unless there is a bug involved with the characters (except OG barris, rip) which currently there isnt

On another note if they really cared about 3 toons soloing a phase why did they make it so that you can solo a phase of the raid with only 1 toon? True that needs a zeta and takes longer but its still really easy to do once you've got the pattern down

You did finish by saying it needs to be nerfed

My bad- was the other guy. LOL
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I was using that as an example, no need to get sarcastic about it, I along with my fellow officers have been trying to organise our mostly f2p alliance to complete the haat. I am currently building the chirpa team for p3, but I have posted to others with jawas suggesting this team after realising what it can do. Hacking and cheating is one thing, but utilising a games dynamics to maximise your damage and therefore helping the entire team to achieve shards on a massively useful toon who would be otherwise months away to me is really good. I do spend money myself, not massive amounts, but I welcome "tricks" like this, it makes the game achievable for all, and lets face it, it probably isn't far away from the next raid.
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »

You did finish by saying it needs to be nerfed

if i did I didnt mean to, i actually dont think they do need to be nerfed. I just suck at typing my thoughts coherently :(
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nute is WAI so no "bug fix" nerf, this would have to be a real nerf and CG has not done a real nerf in a long time.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Leader abilities always persist, it's not a unique ability