Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    It's "nutini"

Agreed, it's the best name considering the word "Utinni" literally means "WOW!" in Jawaese language. This naming scheme meshes perfectly with everything that is Star Wars.

And Nutinni is the consensus amongst us whales. Everybody knows whales has more stock in this game. Therefore we dictate the names. All hail the whales! Here here! ;):D

But seriously, anyone can name it whatever they want.

That name has been rejected. Here here !!
  • Options
    Nerf this thread.
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    They nerfed Zader in the Rancor Raid, now you want them to nerf Nute for the HAAT. It's like you don't want there to be a f2p option for completing heroic raids.

Zader wasn't a nerf. That's different

Get out of here it wasn't a nerf. One day he's able to solo the Rancor with a proper setup and specific squad and the next day you are lucky to get 1 million damage with the same squad. Zader was nerfed hard
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with you on the Nute thing, but sorry, Zader was truly a bug
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    ...Alternately they can completely rework nute in a future separatist faction pass and make this strategy unusable but making nute better in the process

Thank you for this comment! I haven't thought about this possibility. They can just do a Separatist faction pass and buff Nute overall, while at the same time fix this "loophole" without an outrage in the community.

• Options

And what bug was that? It was very clear what the ability said it would do.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options

It was stacking on phase transitions. Giving more TM reduction than it was supposed to in later phases
  • Options

It was stacking on phase transitions. Giving more TM reduction than it was supposed to in later phases

It never did that for me and I used Zader before and after the nerf. You had to apply the debuffs at the start of every phase.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options

It never did that for me and I used Zader before and after the nerf. You had to apply the debuffs at the start of every phase.

Not the debuffs, the TM reductions
  • Options

Attacks were removing 80% turn meter by phase 4, definitely a bug
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Omg calm down... We have only seen this setup for 1 day and you call for a nerf.

Go have fun with your GK and let others have fun getting him.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    Removing his abilities when he's dead or gone wouldn't do it?
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Anyone can see that I have always been against NERFS, this case is different. Different Cuz the only investment that needs to be done is an Omega.

It is very discouraging we invest in teams with 2 or more zetas, gear, and learn strategies to have a team with only 2 toons on the G10 or G9 with MODS that any one has doing 9M damage on auto.

Ps: I Leave the applause for those who found the team

Do hate on others because you didn't figure it out. So what if we have zeta Cody and all that. Let them have this. Quit being an elitist.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone can do HAAT now and gets a General Kenobi. Please don't HAATe.
  • Options

Only after the debuffs were stacked. I used it multiple times and it was never removing nearly as much TM as it was supposed to be. It reads 50% chance to reduce 20% TM when damage is dealt by Empire and Sith allies. Unless I'm mistaken you have the potentially 100% TM reduction and it was lucky to reduce 40% by the next time Vader attacks.
  • Options
    If Nute gets a nerf, Kylo gets a nerf. 1 player can use 1 toon to solo the entire 1st phase of the heroic raid. That is FAR more broken. Also nerf Maul. Just gotta look at arena to see how stale it's gotten due to how OP he is.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options

Only after the debuffs were stacked. I used it multiple times and it was never removing nearly as much TM as it was supposed to be. It reads 50% chance to reduce 20% TM when damage is dealt by Empire and Sith allies. Unless I'm mistaken you have the potentially 100% TM reduction and it was lucky to reduce 40% by the next time Vader attacks.

The debuffs aren't connected to the TM removal. SHould be a constant 20%. No potential for anything higher
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Omg calm down... We have only seen this setup for 1 day and you call for a nerf.

Go have fun with your GK and let others have fun getting him.

Indeed. Zody and Zylo are useful elsewhere (zody probably only for gw, but still) and Nute is literally invest in one char for one phase. Not to mention it's still somewhat rng dependent.
  • Options

The debuffs aren't connected to the TM removal. SHould be a constant 20%. No potential for anything higher

Read the ability. Every single time an Empire or Sith ally deals damage they have a 50% chance to remove 20% TM. You can have 5 toons in your squad. So simple math puts the potential of TM reduction at 100%.
  • Options
    My guild isn't active on the forumns but people know it already as the Lugo....
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options

Read the ability. Every single time an Empire or Sith ally deals damage they have a 50% chance to remove 20% TM. You can have 5 toons in your squad. So simple math puts the potential of TM reduction at 100%.

Thought you were talking per toon
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Dats Nuts
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Just a reminder, Nute used to somewhat popular as a lader in the times of poe meta with ohko toons like Rey/Leia.
  • Nuttygunner
    243 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Even if a bunch of lesser guilds get to farm gk now, it will still take 3 months to unlock him. Jedi luke will be out by then to have people occupied
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Just a reminder, Nute used to somewhat popular as a lader in the times of poe meta with ohko toons like Rey/Leia.

Used to be doesn't matter anymore now does it. That was nearly a year old meta that you are talking about.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Really? Who has Nute geared and ready? My guild cant finish HAAT and i cant imagine many have him ready, if this helps us along great but its hardly game breaking. P3 is still a bear for us.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Used to be doesn't matter anymore now does it. That was nearly a year old meta that you are talking about.

I don't have a point regarding it. Just wanted to mention the history since people were laughing at Nute being feasible.

• Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Such is life, some people will be smarter than you. Just move on.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yeah but before every single char was removing 80% by phase 4 for a whopping 400% tm removal if they were all within the faction.

Edit: and the bug fix or nerf or whatever you want to call it made it to do exactly what you are saying and exactly what the tooltip said.

As for Nute all you really have to invest is the shards and credits. He's there for the leader and actually needs to die before the tank topples. Unless you change his skill specifically you'd have to make all leaders deactivate on death which would change the game in a HUGE way.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I dont think they will nerf Nutini. They did not nerf TMR domination in rancor, not Zylo for HAAT P1 and not Chirpatina-Loop for P3. Now since GK will be pretty easy obtainable for everyone after quite a while he had some exclusivity they will add toons/abilities which neutralize GK in arena. He already isn't that good as when he was introduced though. Still very good but not THAT good anymore. Many setups can easily beat squads with him now. And new toons will make him more or less useless. At least that's what I would bet on based on development history.
    Remember how long OG Han was good in arena? Nuff said.