Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    They take forever to fix Teebo, Poe's ship special having a false description, and took awhile to fix other bugs. Yet here we have a team with no bugs, and it's being nerfed? The greed is making me not want to play this game anymore, in addition to it already feeling stale.

And as Zooey brought out, the raid is intended for jawas and they nerf them when they started to be useful in heroic?

YES I KNEW YOU WERE MY SPIRIT ANIMAL FOR A REASON. Dead on point.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    They only make $316,000 a day they can not afford testers

That could pay for 10 testers for a whole year. Lol

If CG paid 1 tester it would be better than what they have now

Exactly. They already give the Youtubers early access to new toons, why couldn't they pay another person or two to stress test new abilities like this?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    This will cost EA credibility & respect from, I'm gonna guess, a large portion of players.

I think EA lost those two things a long, long time ago
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    This will cost EA credibility & respect from, I'm gonna guess, a large portion of players.

In a galaxy far, far away?
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

You couldn't put Teebo on auto.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

We all know this isn't WAI.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

As an aside, I didn't realize you speak for 80% of the player base.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.

You watched that video and thought "wow that's cool, the devs definitely aren't going to nerf this"?

No because I actually realized what the guy did and looked into it. Funny thing when you realize how game mechanics work like that. Also no because they re made Nute's leader ability when they released R2 so they knew full and well what it would do on the tank raid, and they had plenty of time to have at least one beta tester use this leader ability in the Tank raid

Being a software tester is tough. It's easy to miss one edge case like using Nute and 2 random Jawas in the tank raid.

They can't give us all cheat codes to the tank raid. It was cool to see it happen and kudos to the guy who figured it out.

It's not software testing. This could have been completely avoided it they just told one of their workers to use a Nute Lead in every part of the game and to try out different squad comps. They would have had a head start on Lugo and would have been able to "fix" it before Lugo ever even thought about looking for it.

If you've done any software development you would know that what you're saying is much more time consuming than it seems.

EA makes $316,000 a day. You're telling me that they couldn't hire a team of beta testers to stress test this 1 leader ability with squad comps in the amount of time between Nute's leader update and now? Hell I could have done that for a grilled cheese a coke.

It's easy to see this issue after it's already been discovered.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

Exactly the other guy must've been living under a rock LMAO
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options

They're going to be losing money from it too. Many spent lots of gear on this squad already. I can promise they won't be spending anymore if there's not a rollback.
  • Options
    062116D-12-1024x768.jpg

This guy is going to be busy.
  • BSwoody87
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Feel free to delete this post when you want to. I apologize for inciting a riot .

No I hope they keep it. Shows whales for what they truly are.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

And they just lost more.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo

Name calling? Classy.

Who is "we" here? Nearly 80% of the playerbase voted and said that they didn't need a nerf. You are in the minority here by a lot. It was working as intended because they were the ones that changed the ability in the first place to give 50% TM. They knew that it would do that when they released R2 but they didn't do a thing about it until Fugo discovered it and went public with the info.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's WAI. We all knew as soon as the video came out that this wasn't going to last.

If you care about having new content in this game 6 months from now this has to be fixed.

Who do you think you are? If you can speak for all of "we" I can certainly speak for the 80% of the playerbase that share my view. You're starting to go off on a tangent here with the 6 months garbage, so let's try and stick to the topic, ok buddy. I didn't want Nute because he wasn't up long enough for me to be able to want him. From the videos I watched it was 100% WAI and the devs were the ones who changed his leader ability in the first place so of course it was WAI, they made it that way.

You watched that video and thought "wow that's cool, the devs definitely aren't going to nerf this"?

No because I actually realized what the guy did and looked into it. Funny thing when you realize how game mechanics work like that. Also no because they re made Nute's leader ability when they released R2 so they knew full and well what it would do on the tank raid, and they had plenty of time to have at least one beta tester use this leader ability in the Tank raid

Being a software tester is tough. It's easy to miss one edge case like using Nute and 2 random Jawas in the tank raid.

They can't give us all cheat codes to the tank raid. It was cool to see it happen and kudos to the guy who figured it out.

It's not software testing. This could have been completely avoided it they just told one of their workers to use a Nute Lead in every part of the game and to try out different squad comps. They would have had a head start on Lugo and would have been able to "fix" it before Lugo ever even thought about looking for it.

If you've done any software development you would know that what you're saying is much more time consuming than it seems.

EA makes $316,000 a day. You're telling me that they couldn't hire a team of beta testers to stress test this 1 leader ability with squad comps in the amount of time between Nute's leader update and now? Hell I could have done that for a grilled cheese a coke.

It shouldn't be up to the players of the game to "discover" these "issues" as you put it, the only thing that was discovered was yet another squad that could get high scores in P2 and P4 of hAAT. Every mechanic in this squad is working as intended, and yet CG decides on a whim to shut it down in record time. Honestly, when was the last time something that was WAI was shut down this fast?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Deeds
    2 posts Member
    Options
    ****... and here i was, hoping this would give guilds like mine who are strugling to even finish a HAAT raid, a chance to get GK, collect his shards for a few months, farm his gear for a few as well, to be able to use him in GW to face the maxed GKs i do right now
  • Options
    Mega-Mastodon-Blaster-nerf-gun-960x640.jpg

Nothing less for nute gunray!
  • Options
    062116D-12-1024x768.jpg

This guy is going to be busy.

Dude is strapped with some of my personal faves.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is a civil war case between P2P vs F2P and corporate ideals will obviously choose the shareholders over the mere peasants.

I'm glad he found an awesome combination to take on the tank mechanics. I agree that it's WAI and it's a shame there a load of players that have invested a large sum of resources to a dead toon given new life. I can't say much, I personally never chase any​ new hype team for reasons like this, but I speak up for my friends and mates that just got slapped in the face. As if gear wasn't already a difficult grind for an F2P/ minimalist spender over the cartel of whales that dictate what they do and don't want to see take place.

There are those that buy, while others choose to earn it. So, how do we proceed to appease both parties? A Fan Base is a Fan Base and it's composed of more than just money.

*This was my original message but got cut off and then Deleted*

I'm glad Jedi was able to capture some of it.

I'm also a spender, I'm no whale, but I give what I feel is worth.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.

Most don't exactly play the raids for the fun or challenge anyway, I'd wager, it's all about the gear. It wouldn't eliminate it, you'd probably actually see more participation. I know people in my guild were actually excited about something for once.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

It shouldn't be up to the players of the game to "discover" these "issues" as you put it, the only thing that was discovered was yet another squad that could get high scores in P2 and P4 of hAAT. Every mechanic in this squad is working as intended, and yet CG decides on a whim to shut it down in record time. Honestly, when was the last time something that was WAI was shut down this fast?

It's an incredibly complex application with an infinite number of scenarios to test and a finite number of testers.

It's not working as intended for 3 toons requiring little investment to Solo the most difficult game modes.
  • Options
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Feel free to delete this post when you want to. I apologize for inciting a riot .

Just a very small minority of them, most didn't care at all and were gearing up Nute and others to try this team out.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.

Most don't exactly play the raids for the fun or challenge anyway, I'd wager, it's all about the gear. It wouldn't eliminate it, you'd probably actually see more participation. I know people in my guild were actually excited about something for once.

It's gotten a bit stale for some of us but it's been a challenge for > 6 months. They can't have everyone all of a sudden Solo it with scrubs.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Orcas (Lugo) hunt whales. Whales aren't the dominant creature of the sea. Panic erupts.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Name calling? Classy.

It's an incredibly complex application with an infinite number of scenarios to test and a finite number of testers.

It's not working as intended for 3 toons requiring little investment to Solo the most difficult game modes.

I don't think you understand what the term "working as intended" means. Every single mechanic of the Nute/Jawa squad was within the realms of this game. No fluffball reason given by the devs about teamwork and cooperation changes that.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    kerwyn wrote: »
    That's what it looks like to me. I'm not a troll nor am I close minded. I see a lot of people saying it's a bug with no explaination...
    What is the bug ?

The bug is that someone found a way to accomplish something awesome in a CG game without having to spend loads of $$$.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all of that crap. Yo can't honestly believe that it would have been too difficult for literally any of the devs to run this new leader ability in the tank Raid considering they had planned Nute's update probably months in advance? With what they make they could hire a team of stress testers that use nothing but Nute lead and they would have found this within a couple of days.
  • Check_It
    376 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to the nerf :) it's a strat for lazy people that don't want to have to work for their rewards.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and all of that ****. Yo can't honestly believe that it would have been too difficult for literally any of the devs to run this new leader ability in the tank Raid considering they had planned Nute's update probably months in advance? With what they make they could hire a team of stress testers that use nothing but Nute lead and they would have found this within a couple of days.

But at what cost? And out of a player base of how many thousands only 2 thought of this idea? It sounds easy to think that this was a possible scenario that needed to be tested after someone's thought of it.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Zanhaep wrote: »
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    its not a bug so i dont see why they would nerf this combo.
    If they are really not wanting this they will likely just buff the raid in some way similar to how they changed health immunity and gave it to the raid once it enrages. Alternately they can completely rework nute in a future separatist faction pass and make this strategy unusable but making nute better in the process

Uh you don't see why they would nerf this combo? Well let's see....you can use 3 bad toons with low level gear to solo a phase of the raid. A raid the devs made for the masses to spend money for gear and toons to be able to complete it. I'd guess 75% of guilds can't complete haat still but that will change quickly if they let this continue. Which would mean less money for EA...which is the only reason why EA makes games. For money. Cheers to Lugo for finding it but it needs to be nerfed.

AAT has been out for a long time. It took a lot less time for people to 'break' Rancor than it has to 'break' AAT. And pretty much every player who's complaining about this I wager has Heroic on farm already. They don't suffer - other people gain. There are plenty of other people with Heroic on farm who are bored by it - they see it as just a GK shard grind. So this doesn't really affect them - they don't give a toss about it either way.

This. So much.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Mega-Mastodon-Blaster-nerf-gun-960x640.jpg

When you absolutely, positively, have to deal with nute gunray.
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

I don't think you understand what the term "working as intended" means. Every single mechanic of the Nute/Jawa squad was within the realms of this game. No fluffball reason given by the devs about teamwork and cooperation changes that.

I'm sure they intended for 3 junk toons one not even needing purple gear to Solo the most challenging game mode. Yup.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Check_It wrote: »
    +1 to the nerf :) it's a strat for lazy people that don't want to have to work for their rewards.

So how would you describe players who don't spend time grinding and strategizing gear, etc, because they've emptied their wallets into this game?
  • Options

Name calling? Classy.

That doesn't matter when you are talking about stress testing anyway. When you stress test your tester go in with only 1 or 2 game modes in mind and they try their hardest to break the game if at all possible and they try to see if there are any ways to make those game modes negligible in difficulty. A good tester can do this in their own within a week. A team of them would be able to do this entire game in that amount of time which is plenty considering the devs had planned a Nute's change most likely months ago.