Tarkin is going to balance Rex lead.

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    How do you set the order after SA Tm buff?
    Does the fastest sith move first?

Sass under Vader lead grants 24% tm to start. So to get turn order, you have to know what 76% of her speed is. For me it's 209.76. This means that any toon at 210+ will all tie for 100% tm. Since I want Vader first, he can be as fast as possible. Then I want dn to be 2nd, so I set him to 209 (round down the 209.76). Dn will will be 99.xx% tm and I then have ep at 208 so he will be sliglty less than 99.xx%. This way I know exactly who moves and when.

This is usually only broken if Vader aoes into Rex lead and crits too many enemies. This is why I have crit at 33%. Im hoping he only crits once or none. That's ~5% crit above his base. I'm probably better off with pure offense and no crit additional chance, but I find 33% is low enough that if I tm reduce and crit 2 times I'm fine and I can still hope to get a CB crit.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    How do you set the order after SA Tm buff?
    Does the fastest sith move first?

Sass under Vader lead grants 24% tm to start. So to get turn order, you have to know what 76% of her speed is. For me it's 209.76. This means that any toon at 210+ will all tie for 100% tm. Since I want Vader first, he can be as fast as possible. Then I want dn to be 2nd, so I set him to 209 (round down the 209.76). Dn will will be 99.xx% tm and I then have ep at 208 so he will be sliglty less than 99.xx%. This way I know exactly who moves and when.

This is usually only broken if Vader aoes into Rex lead and crits too many enemies. This is why I have crit at 33%. Im hoping he only crits once or none. That's ~5% crit above his base. I'm probably better off with pure offense and no crit additional chance, but I find 33% is low enough that if I tm reduce and crit 2 times I'm fine and I can still hope to get a CB crit.

Ok, thanks a lot :smile:
  • Options

I would recommend using deathmark on baze next time you find yourself in that situation. R2 will almost always use smoke screen on the highest health toon, so it's not a wasted deathmark if you applied it to him first. Hopefully you can quickly take him out and then use your annihlate on someone else later on
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha here is my first attempt vs the shards best: wedge, chaze, r2 and gk. My toons are set for perfect turn order: sass (276 speed) into Vader, into dn, into ep into tarkin.

16a1c90.png

Dang - that's a beat down - looks like you have a well modded and built team! Nice. How'd you think Tarkin did? Strong in this matchup right?

I don't think Wedge ever moved. Neither did baze nor gk. Most damage was from counter attacks. Takin was pro. He allows me to rest my opponent. I remember thinking, huh, my dn gets to already +1 these guys a second time?!? This isn't fair at all.

lol. Told you. Now think how strong that means it is since you just did that without a taunt, without an enemy aoe buff remover, and without a self-cleanse...and totally dismantled an incredibly scary build. It may not go that smooth all the time, but you can have matches where it's like this and a total route.

That's why when people say this won't hold on D or say it's a bad build...my counter is, maybe more than any other build I've run - in this matchup if it was live player v. live player the Tarkin team would win a lot anyway because the opponent just can't really do anything. If we had live pvp you'd be getting some rage posts vs. this Tarkin build to people crying they couldn't ever take a move or use their specials.

We'd just see Biggs emerge. As soon as Vader aoe, Biggs will roflstomp ep. My concern is Rex teams though. Too much tm gain before dn +1 is a big deal. So, Biggs and Rex are two main significant threats.

I was 7 all day and then moved to 3rd with that battle and I'm now already 10th. Defense isn't for this team. But it's just been 25 mins. I'll keep on chugging.

Oh no doubt - Biggs would crush skulls here - but Biggs is old hat - other older stuff that's more basic easily takes care of Biggs. Bottom line is that Tarkin, in the tippy top best battles, sort of PWNS these guys...so much to the extent that you can get away with no taunt, no cleanse, and no enemy aoe buff remover. How many squad comps can do that? Are there any others even possible? What squads can beat those teams without using Rex / GK / R2 or Chaze? Tarkins rework was legit.

I will say on D, you're going to want to see over a few days - to get a good read. When people see no GK, no Chaze, no R2, and no Rex - you're absolutely going to get tested a lot. Not sure if this is indicative, but first night this squad I was 18, next was 12, and so far after 4 hours from payout I'm still on 5. Now, I doubt this can be a "great" D slot unless you have insane mods with speed and damage, but it seems ok and you'll want a few days to see....but your GK / Empire hybrid squad I'm sure will defend better because....well GK is insanely good and with spam taunt / cleanse creates a lot of problems for attacking players.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha here is my first attempt vs the shards best: wedge, chaze, r2 and gk. My toons are set for perfect turn order: sass (276 speed) into Vader, into dn, into ep into tarkin.

16a1c90.png
    Thanks for the findings.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I think one of the most appalling things about this is, after discussions upon release and now months down the road and as many popular discussions about this, the devs haven't responded with anything
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running Tarkin L, DN, DV, Palp, DT for the last two days. Enjoying the hell out of it so far. I like it better than GK as 5th but I suppose it depends on the need.

Sitting top 5 again and dropped no lower than 19th 1st night.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here is another fun one with tarkin. This is versus: wedge, chaze, gk and r2. This opponent has the fastest team in my shard. It does use gk. I beg for your forgiveness.

6j0olv.jpg
    Post edited by Nebulous on
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Here is another fun one with tarkin. This is versus: wedge, chaze, gk and r2. This is the fastest team in my shard. It does use gk. I beg for your forgiveness.

6j0olv.jpg

How well does tarkin followed by TFP work?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Here is another fun one with tarkin. This is versus: wedge, chaze, gk and r2. This is the fastest team in my shard. It does use gk. I beg for your forgiveness.

6j0olv.jpg

How well does tarkin followed by TFP work?

Tarkin goes first in my squad. Tfp follows him to AB everyone.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

They look very nice, grats!!! That makes me wonder if u should gear Krennic....

Yeah, Kenobi kit is pretty good, hope for a new empire tank soon.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

6j0olv.jpg

They looks very nice, grats!!! That makes me wonder if u should gear Krennic....

Yeah, Kenobi kit is pretty good, hope for a new empire tank soon.

This is a very fun team. Very very good vs rebels. Krennic and tarkin have debuffs that are immune to resist when hitting rebels. This is why I wanted to make 'this team.

It is not as easy vs Rex as there is a 3rd cleanser we have to continue to AB the whole match. Maul lead sith can't be crit while stealth so it's not as good vs them either.

I think this is the team I'll try to use if rebels continue to trend up.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

Nice team. I also think Krennic is a very good leader. I've tried him yesterday in GW and he's great. A lot of AB. I used Krennic lead, DT, ShT (no GK yet), DN and Snowtrooper (full CC mods). With Krennic, Snow can have ability block on his 2 abilities.
    They're not enough developed for arena but they're really fun.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

6j0olv.jpg

Nice team. I also think Krennic is a very good leader. I've tried him yesterday in GW and he's great. A lot of AB. I used Krennic lead, DT, ShT (no GK yet), DN and Snowtrooper (full CC mods). With Krennic, Snow can have ability block on his 2 abilities.
    They're not enough developed for arena but they're really fun.

If snow were 35-40 speed faster, I'd probably use him. But I don't have the mods to get him to move right after tarkin. But ya. Snow could be a good option for godly mods.
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Startomsto wrote: »
    I respect that mate... better stick with the team and best ea's new challenges together than take shortcuts and leave all behind...

I'm in a 9 guilds alliance, the way it's work, each time a new guild come to us, we send some firepower in their guild to help me for heroic, normaly...2-3 weeks after, they can do it by their own. So you can both do heroic and stick with your friends ;)

And we're not the only alliance doing that

same, ANZGC is like that. When my guild joined up with another fledgling nearly-ready hAAT guild part of ANZGC they sent heavy hitters over. Now we're doing it ourselves and I'm 144/145.
  • Options
    But yes....Chaze stinks and biffs a lot of stuff in the game. Always modifying the team with Chaze squads in mind....and that's only going to continue. Ahsoka I worry will make all this go poof anyway with round 1 / 2 insta-kills.
    Nothing new for me, since I joined the rebels have been the bane of my (virtual) existence. I started playing when Wedge was gifted to Ios players, and it was great facing Wiggs at level 55 when the few counters were unobtainable. It was also great switching and modifying my team every 2-3 weeks just to hold rank at first and then slowly climb in top 5, while my opponents just kept using the same team until Chaze became farmable or spending half of cantina energy on mods while my opponents build their rooster. I'm sure it will be also great fighting R2 and Ahsoka besides Chaze and Wiggs. Not.
    [/quote]

Can't you just use rebels then...?
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Try Mob Enforcer lead, CUP, Ugnaught, JKG, with GK. Unless maybe just maybe the team is important too.
    It is, my bad. :)
    However, you must admit we rarely see a "here's a good team with x that can beat y" that doesn't include either GK, Chirrut/Baze or both.

P.S: I couldn't try the team you suggest, I have none of them. :D

P.P.S: a good example...
    "Best team without Chaze" : all suggested teams include GK.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/113059/best-team-w-o-chaze

How about you try Jyn (L) Cassian DN +2 ? Worked well in GW, but never got to try it out, since my Chaze was sitting in my arena team since January.
  • Options
    What people over look is the "can't be resisted by rebels" clause. So even if Rex or chirriut apply tenacity up, tarkin will still hit chaze/wiggs/r2 with O down and crit down. This is pretty good. This will get even better as new rebels are introduced.
    Lol I'm pretty sure I've been overlooking this in gameplay. It's hard to remember always.

Krennic will apply ability block through tenacity up in rebels too. Krennic lead teams with tarkin can pretty much auto wedge, chaze, r2 and gk teams. It's pretty nice and with ahsoka coming into the fold, we may see more reason to use tarkin. Here's to hoping anyway

I'm not seeing how Ahsoka will be killable in the Gk / Chaze /R2 cone of safety. Every turn she dispels debuffs and gains 5% health from debuffs and she will get 4% from Chirrut just from being alive and having a HoT on her. If you yank her CD she will just use basic and get prot up. I think she's going to finally shut the door on using pure DS teams and having a decent win rate. She may even shut out the GK + DS versions. She has potential to break the game and form a fab 5: Chaze / GK / R2 / Ahsoka. If she had a great leader to stick on the team for LS / rebels it would be a lock - as is that team doesn't have a great leader - but R2's unique zetas essentially functions as a leader so it's not that big of a deal.

I can't believe something like her is being released in to the game given the condition of arena right now - unless something in June is coming to be a super hard counter to the existing teams.

Her ability to cleanse on all turns (this is just silly) is brutal for us ds fans that is for sure. What may happen is, ds teams could begin to use baze as a tank. If teams try to fill her with buffs, his passive tm gain should allow us to clean her before her ohko. But I don't feel baze is very great without his blind compatriot. So this is not certain.

That being said, I look forward to the challenge. I've resisted rolling over and joining the light side. I'm just not sure we have a great leader right now and I know for sure we have garbage uniques.

Lol, Dark Side is never gonna win against a mixed team, just like how Light Side can't win against a mixed team of triple cleanse + DN.
  • Options
    Here is another fun one with tarkin. This is versus: wedge, chaze, gk and r2. This opponent has the fastest team in my shard. It does use gk. I beg for your forgiveness.

6j0olv.jpg

That's great! So DK you like a lot? His lead with a zeta does look pretty nice. zDK + zVeers and 3 Troopers always seemed cool to me with the crit stacking and protection regen. Can you describe a bit what DK is bringing to match in terms of turns, impact to the cleansers, etc.?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    But yes....Chaze stinks and biffs a lot of stuff in the game. Always modifying the team with Chaze squads in mind....and that's only going to continue. Ahsoka I worry will make all this go poof anyway with round 1 / 2 insta-kills.
    Nothing new for me, since I joined the rebels have been the bane of my (virtual) existence. I started playing when Wedge was gifted to Ios players, and it was great facing Wiggs at level 55 when the few counters were unobtainable. It was also great switching and modifying my team every 2-3 weeks just to hold rank at first and then slowly climb in top 5, while my opponents just kept using the same team until Chaze became farmable or spending half of cantina energy on mods while my opponents build their rooster. I'm sure it will be also great fighting R2 and Ahsoka besides Chaze and Wiggs. Not.

Can't you just use rebels then...?[/quote]

Everybody can ... but what if you just think they're lame? I have learned to like Ahsoka from seeing her in the cartoons...but she's still just 100% a cartoon character, so if you don't watch the cartoons or like them as much as the movies, you may not even know who she is. Wedge and Biggs? Very small characters in SW history. Chirrut and Baze were cool in the movie, but they had secondary roles at best and R1 has only only been around for what, 6 months? That's minuscule in comparison to the legacy built up for other characters. I play the game to have fun and to use cool characters that do cool things - not necessarily to win 100% at all costs. I feel the Chaze / cleanse playstyle, while effective, is incredibly boring and uneventful. No on inflicts debuffs, it's just a damage battle till someone dies, counters all over watching the AI play, spam taunts pulling fire...reminds me of New York Knicks basketball in the 90s with Pat Riley - sure it's effective but man is it an awful style to watch.

This is the same many of us feel...and thus why all the disgust over the light side hegemony that is emerging that may ELIMINATE my CHOICE to have FUN. Games should be balanced so people can have fun and run what they want - why force everyone to runt he exact same 5-7 characters?

I'm honest in saying I don't want Chaze nerfed, but we need some better counter options released and it really stinks they keep pouring gas on the fire and coming up with more insane rebels.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha , I agree with you here. Would be great if there were more counters to Chaze, instead of more rebels being released who make Chaze stronger and stronger.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options

Can't you just use rebels then...?[/quote]

No because that would only mean that I will add to the problem. Everyone using the same team is not the solution when the problem is diversity and a lack of viable alternatives. Also all this months of struggle made me despise rebels.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    What people over look is the "can't be resisted by rebels" clause. So even if Rex or chirriut apply tenacity up, tarkin will still hit chaze/wiggs/r2 with O down and crit down. This is pretty good. This will get even better as new rebels are introduced.
    Lol I'm pretty sure I've been overlooking this in gameplay. It's hard to remember always.

Krennic will apply ability block through tenacity up in rebels too. Krennic lead teams with tarkin can pretty much auto wedge, chaze, r2 and gk teams. It's pretty nice and with ahsoka coming into the fold, we may see more reason to use tarkin. Here's to hoping anyway

I'm not seeing how Ahsoka will be killable in the Gk / Chaze /R2 cone of safety. Every turn she dispels debuffs and gains 5% health from debuffs and she will get 4% from Chirrut just from being alive and having a HoT on her. If you yank her CD she will just use basic and get prot up. I think she's going to finally shut the door on using pure DS teams and having a decent win rate. She may even shut out the GK + DS versions. She has potential to break the game and form a fab 5: Chaze / GK / R2 / Ahsoka. If she had a great leader to stick on the team for LS / rebels it would be a lock - as is that team doesn't have a great leader - but R2's unique zetas essentially functions as a leader so it's not that big of a deal.

I can't believe something like her is being released in to the game given the condition of arena right now - unless something in June is coming to be a super hard counter to the existing teams.

Her ability to cleanse on all turns (this is just silly) is brutal for us ds fans that is for sure. What may happen is, ds teams could begin to use baze as a tank. If teams try to fill her with buffs, his passive tm gain should allow us to clean her before her ohko. But I don't feel baze is very great without his blind compatriot. So this is not certain.

That being said, I look forward to the challenge. I've resisted rolling over and joining the light side. I'm just not sure we have a great leader right now and I know for sure we have garbage uniques.

Lol, Dark Side is never gonna win against a mixed team, just like how Light Side can't win against a mixed team of triple cleanse + DN.

So you're saying DS can't beat Ls and Ls can't beat LS+1? I so glad there is faction balance.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

That's great! So DK you like a lot? His lead with a zeta does look pretty nice. zDK + zVeers and 3 Troopers always seemed cool to me with the crit stacking and protection regen. Can you describe a bit what DK is bringing to match in terms of turns, impact to the cleansers, etc.?

Without dk, this team won't work at all. He is the soul of it. I don't have his lead zeta (protection gain on crit). His basic leader skill is AB when Empire crits a toon who is debuffed. I speed tarkin as fast as I can (+123) then tfp 1 speed slower. Everyone on the Empire side has an aoe and I give them crit chance. So I can keep the opponent AB most, if not all the match. It still needs one piece. An aoe tank would make it good. Gk only keeps them alive. Maybe I would remove him like in your Vader offense design.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

Without dk, this team won't work at all. He is the soul of it. I don't have his lead zeta (protection gain on crit). His basic leader skill is AB when Empire crits a toon who is debuffed. I speed tarkin as fast as I can (+123) then tfp 1 speed slower. Everyone on the Empire side has an aoe and I give them crit chance. So I can keep the opponent AB most, if not all the match. It still needs one piece. An aoe tank would make it good. Gk only keeps them alive. Maybe I would remove him like in your Vader offense design.
    If snow trooper didn't cost 1 million cuffs he might be a nice option.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

People taking on to the trooper/krennic line up I posted when the rework happened huh.

Has anyone been able to see how that line up does with a zeta DT/DK
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

6j0olv.jpg

People taking on to the trooper/krennic line up I posted when the rework happened huh.

You posted the exact same team as I displayed with the exact same play style? I hardly think most anyone thought to speed tarkin up and slow tfp down.

I do have dt zeta. Not krennic. Maybe it could be helpful. I went to bed at 1 and am currently in 20th. So defense isn't it's forte.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

You posted the exact same team as I displayed with the exact same play style? I hardly think most anyone thought to speed tarkin up and slow tfp down.

I do have dt zeta. Not krennic. Maybe it could be helpful. I went to bed at 1 and am currently in 20th. So defense isn't it's forte.

Not the same exact line up, I didn't include Tarkin as that was pre re work. You've come up with some solid set ups I've been seeing.

Just see more people picking up on the trooper DK led team
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

Not the same exact line up, I didn't include Tarkin as that was pre re work. You've come up with some solid set ups I've been seeing.

Dk really has a great lead. Especially as we see more rebels. The ability block can't be resisted. This makes manual pretty easy and you can hit whoever is AB and "shut" them down for a turn and rinse and repeat. I think the troopers would need a little more speed to crit while the opponent still has the debuffs. Once a cleanse occurs, its dang hard to get the ball rolling again.

I would love for a unique which prevents 1 of any the myriad of debuff from being cleansed. This team could be gold. If Tarkin had the can't be cleansed off rebels clause instead of can't be resisted, DK would be the go to Empire team.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options

6j0olv.jpg

Dk really has a great lead. Especially as we see more rebels. The ability block can't be resisted. This makes manual pretty easy and you can hit whoever is AB and "shut" them down for a turn and rinse and repeat. I think the troopers would need a little more speed to crit while the opponent still has the debuffs. Once a cleanse occurs, its dang hard to get the ball rolling again.

I would love for a unique which prevents 1 of any the myriad of debuff from being cleansed. This team could be gold. If Tarkin had the can't be cleansed off rebels clause instead of can't be resisted, DK would be the go to Empire team.

Yeah I agree, I just found if you're trying to make troopers viable it's best under DK but they def are lacking in those areas you mentioned. They are just one of those teams that are steam rollers, once They get going it's hard to stop but the problem is getting going