[Mega] Game Update 7/5/2017 & Ewok Pass Details

Replies

• Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    At the end of the post it says that there is more to come with Ewoks. I'm sure we'll get a 5th.
  • Options
    do you mean ewoks? what team?
    please, we dont all read your mind...
  • Options
    I get that they're trying to sell characters that aren't as popular, but dang.
  • Options
    If ea wants to make ewoks relevant again, then they should add another ewok! Try one that steals buffs from enemies and can grant those buffs to allies, or consume them to do greater damage. My point is that I'm tired of having an incomplete team.
    My 2¢
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options
    My Teebo's abilities are all still maxed. Maybe you're mistaken in thinking that you had already done it.
  • Options
    His ewok scramble tactics was omega'd on my character, after the restart, it was level 7 with an option to omega.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Now all we need is C-3PO with ewok synergy
  • Options
    It was, I used him for the longest time in tier 6 rancor. The only ability I left alone was low blow at level 6.
  • Options
    Can confirm. Also annoyed. All my ewoks with formally Omega'd abilities have been reverted to level 7, no omegas refunded. I get that they didn't want to give people Chirpa's Zeta for free, but seriously, I lost out on 45 Omegas here! :/
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Phatboy wrote: »
    If ea wants to make ewoks relevant again, then they should add another ewok! Try one that steals buffs from enemies and can grant those buffs to allies, or consume them to do greater damage. My point is that I'm tired of having an incomplete team.
    My 2¢

Check the last sentence ... "The Ewok takeover doesnt stop here"... Almost certain it means an upcoming ewok.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    do you mean ewoks? what team?
    please, we dont all read your mind...

right cause another pass is going on at the same time
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well, Scramble Tactics was the only ability I hadn't omega'd. So, can't speak to that.
  • Options
    All my ewoks with formally Omega'd abilities have been reverted to level 7, no omegas refunded. I get that they didn't want to give people Chirpa's Zeta for free, but seriously, I lost out on 45 Omegas here! :/

Any devs care to address this elephant in the room?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Well, that was MOST of what I wanted @CG_Kozispoon , especially since it's hinted at new toons. When do we get the other half of that update?

ca3a545b81bf774e1673355d516d900e--island-posts.jpg
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • CamaroAMF
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    That's no good. All my abilities are where they were before the update, fortunately.
  • Options
    My guess is 2 new ewoks and then a luke variant
  • Options
    I wonder if it is a platform thing? My elder and teebo retained their omegas on iOS.
  • Options
    I'm on Android, so could be
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Options
    They'll release the two new ewoks next announcement as cryptically noted at bottom of this announcement. Now that CG are making an effort to communicate lets give a tiny bit more patience friends :-)
  • Options
    Happening for me too on android.
  • Options
    Why isn't teebo removing 100 percent TM?
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    I wonder if it is a platform thing? My elder and teebo retained their omegas on iOS.

I'm android and lost my level 8 abilities.
  • Beslan
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time and effort to perform faction passes!
    Thanks for Double Drops and a warning for the double drops!
    Thanks for leaving Chief Chirpa's leader ability and simply giving it a **** good Zeta option!
    Can't wait to see the 5th Ewok you pull out for us! (Tank? Stealth? AoE? More asssits?)

One thing though, in the notes you said Chirp's Zeta is "Whenever an Ewok uses a special, call and Ewok ally to assist" but in game you have said "Whenever an Ewok uses a special, there is a 60% chance an Ewok ally will be called to assist".

EDIT: Welp, you've already corrected that mistake in this post, nevermind. :P
  • Options
    A measly 60% chance to assist that only triggers on special abilities.

That's up there with the worst zetas.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    They are teddy bears, created to sell children toys. Individually in a supportive role with other characters they can be good, but if I come across 5 stuffed toys and I'm Vader, leading a team of Sith. No way they should contend.

Nerfing ewok elder (and thats EXACTLY what it was), is a ploy by ea/cg to get people to spend money. However at this point i see it as a last ditch effort for ea to try to squeeze money out of players who would rather move on to something else before spending another dollar on this game.

You're so right. Half of my guild was ready to quit the game. But when we heard of this game-changing nerf, we all decided to buy a few vaults instead.
    Good detective work.

ahahahahahahaha
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I love how people try to call nerf when they didn't bother to read the ability in the first place.

Same thing happened with Nute. After the Nute "nerf", I went and reread the ability, even in older videoes where it was showing the broken ability in use. The fix was exactly in line with the wording of the ability that even the person making the video glossed over. I can't call it a nerf unless they change both the behavior of the ability and the wording.

Same thing happened with Zader. They didn't nerf him. They fixed his ability to work as described in multiple phase battles.

Same thing here. His basic says: "Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to gain 50% turn meter, grant other Ewok allies half that amount, and grant other allies 10% turn meter." It was clearly meant to have one 60% chance to have all of those effects, but was implemented poorly and granting TM to allies could happen separately from granting TM to EE.

Not a nerf.

They changed Nute's leader description as well as changing the mechanic. Was working as the ability described, not as intended, but that's a whole different argument.

As for Ewok Elder, looking at the updated skills, there are a TON of assist calls now with the Ewoks. Slightly reducing his TM may have been for the best. Using a full Ewok team (hoping they're going to give a 5th Ewok with the pass) could be extremely powerful now and if there are assists galore, that could be insane amounts of TM gain. It does hinder other mixed team strategies a TINY bit, but who knows, maybe Ewoks are gonna be the next raid team to farm. Everyone thought Phoenix was going to be amazing with all their combined uniques and they flipped out before they were released. Everyone was like "waaaaaaah Nihilus can OHKO people after 8 turns that's OP" at first, but eventually they learned the real power of Nihilus was his unresistible cooldown increase (Which everyone then started to complain about that instead). Basically, we're almost always wrong before we actually see things so can we just like wait a week or two or however long this pass is to determine how bad this is.... After it's all been done, then yeah, go ahead complain, but before we even see them in game is a little early....
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that was MOST of what I wanted @CG_Kozispoon , especially since it's hinted at new toons. When do we get the other half of that update?

@CG_Kozispoon no gif?!!!!
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon no gif?!!!!

giphy.gif