Surprise! Turn meter reduction now resistable.

Prev134
I love reading about every meta shifting change the devs "forgot" to mention.

Replies

• Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.

Edit: In this thread you're going to find people who say something along the lines of "oh shoulda diversified" or "oh Poe was strong and deserved a nerf". This completely misses the point.

Of course balance changes happen in a PvP game. This is so painfully obvious, but people continue to parrot this platitude as if it is making a relevant point.

In fact, it was the recognition of the fact that balance changes happen which led people to wait until the patch notes were released. t.

The outrage is NOT over whether or not Poe should have been nerfed (people in this thread only focus on this point). In fact, most everyone DOES believe he should have been nerfed.

That outrage is that the patch notes misled people into malinvestment.

Any criticism that does not acknowledge this point is completely moot.
    Post edited by Gurley30 on
  • Options
    If it's resisted does it apply to all opponents? Seemed to miss everyone if it missed.
  • Options
    Devs I mean COME ON. How are you not announcing compensation for misleading us this is unfreaking real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options
    I would not have spent all my saved Cantina shards on Poe if I had known the real changes.... I feel really misled and it just seems slimy the way they are telling us to suck it up....
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    If it's resisted does it apply to all opponents? Seemed to miss everyone if it missed.

It had a chance to affect the enemies. This is the same but now each enemy that it lands on can resist it.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

It had a chance to affect the enemies. This is the same but now each enemy that it lands on can resist it.

J7000, are you a dev or anoaid poster? Everytime someone that had abgood char and now has the "rebel scum" ( in sw movie lingo quote) garbage that poe you appear to say nothing happened?

Speed
    Poe before: top 6 char would RNG among 5 turn 7 chars.
    Poe after: can go after 17 other chars guaranteed

Expose:
    Before: 2-5 chars
    Now: 1-2

Time meter:
    Before: 100% effective. All enemy allies
    Now: 40% effective. Resists often

HP: -444

Tenacity:
    Before: 95% protecrion... would not apply and would heal
    Now: 40% protection from Tenacity

Worst char ever along with Chewy and all the other chars that are guaranteed fail.

The only difference between Poe and a factory garbage char, is that Poe wasn't born useless, and wasn't nerfed. It was condemned to 5 days in Jail and while in prison and nobody looking
    he was ritually murdered by the devs.

Huge damage to the new SW franchise when you make a new char that will feature in the next two movies murdered by devs that have no clue about SW at all.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

J7000, are you a dev or anoaid poster? Everytime someone that had abgood char and now has the "rebel scum" ( in sw movie lingo quote) garbage that poe you appear to say nothing happened?

Speed

Expose:

Time meter:

Tenacity:

Worst char ever along with Chewy and all the other chars that are guaranteed fail.

The only difference between Poe and a factory garbage char, is that Poe wasn't born useless, and wasn't nerfed. It was condemned to 5 days in Jail and while in prison and nobody looking

Huge damage to the new SW franchise when you make a new char that will feature in the next two movies murdered by devs that have no clue about SW at all.

He asked a question. I flaked out as I was actually thinking of expose not turn meter. And mixing the two up in my mind. The turn meter Nerf is totally new to me. Because I'm half exhausted just wasn't registering.

I haven't ever said Poe wasn't nerfed. But again I just realized the new issue. Turn meter resist. My bad. I would have to agree that after everything else they did. This is totally unnecessary and will effect not only him.. Think of the snow trooper lol

Not a dev here either. They are smarter and nicer than me.
  • Options
    Is this even confirmed? Or just someone with tears in their eyes getting confused?
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Is this even confirmed? Or just someone with tears in their eyes getting confused?

Yes, it is. A dev confirmed on reddit.
  • Options

Speed

Expose:

Time meter:

Tenacity:

He asked a question. I flaked out as I was actually thinking of expose not turn meter. And mixing the two up in my mind. The turn meter Nerf is totally new to me. Because I'm half exhausted just wasn't registering.

I haven't ever said Poe wasn't nerfed. But again I just realized the new issue. Turn meter resist. My bad. I would have to agree that after everything else they did. This is totally unnecessary and will effect not only him.. Think of the snow trooper lol

Ok. No problem. For a sec I though you were a robot or the son of the dev that created QGJ.

Thanks for feeling some pity for the poor Poe. Short lived fame. A one time hit singer gone to disgrace. He should be remembered by friends and foes.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    turn meter reduction resistable is much needed for the longevity of this game. being on the receiving end and giving end of TM reduction, i can see how powerful it is. in contrast, try building a team that builds TM if you are interested in controlling the flow of battle since TM reduction is not as consistent as before.
    mighty chlorians
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Speed

Expose:

Time meter:

Tenacity:

Ok. No problem. For a sec I though you were a robot or the son of the dev that created QGJ.

Thanks for feeling some pity for the poor Poe. Short lived fame. A one time hit singer gone to disgrace. He should be remembered by friends and foes.

Here's the reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/45i0bf/in_case_you_missed_it_character_abilities_that/
  • Options
    The "game balance" is only excuse for marking popular char close to useless. The real reason for nerf (over nerf) is to force us for spending resources on new char. This scenario seems to be repeated again and again.
  • Options
    AdamSky wrote: »
    The "game balance" is only excuse for marking popular char close to useless. The real reason for nerf (over nerf) is to force us for spending resources on new char. This scenario seems to be repeated again and again.

+1

But the nerf monsters don't realize they are calling for their own heads.

We all share the same characters!
  • Options
    With the changes to speed and turn meter being resistable, I feel we should be demanding Poe's stat and ability nerfs be reversed. It's **** ridiculous, it's like the people making decisions on character and gameplay balance are a bunch of monkeys.

Get your act together.
  • Options
    Oh my giddy aunt.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

+1

But the nerf monsters don't realize they are calling for their own heads.

We all share the same characters!

They like it best that way...

I think that confirming an ADDITIONAL submarine nerf not on the official forum but on reddit is just the golden seal in the package of the cake that has icing on top, and now comes with 6 cherries and dark chocolate on the side, delivered by Megan Fox house to house. It's the perfect most complete slap in the face a Poe customer could have expect.

But I disgress. I think Poe's taunt itself should be resistable, and even then he is still a bit OP, so to add to the High Risk, should he fail to Taunt he should remove his OWN ALLIES turn meter and Apply a dot to each friendly ally. Make it two if the Ally is Resistance (to account for synergies)

Anybody else has any idea? I think EACH and EVERY idea discussed in 20 pages about Poe "balancing" and how to destroy Poe a little bit got applied including a few creative ideas by our highly creative devs.

Kudos to the Dark Force at CG! It runs strong :-)
  • Options
    Toolio wrote: »
    ... it's like the people making decisions on character and gameplay balance are a bunch of monkeys.
    They are smart enough. Forget about gameplay balance. Their priority is to get your focus on another initially OP char. We all know that Poe was initially OP but now they pass already the balance point with nerfing him. Now you have to focus on speed leaders with magically "fixed" 1st turn leader ability, or maybe Rex if you are whale, etc.
  • Options
    O

You're new to this aren't you?
  • AdamSky
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    O

Well yes but this trend is obvious and not fair at all. Just trying to share my point of view with others. More we know then less potential disappointments.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Yes unnerf poe, and I'm not Poe maxer, just enough to get me trough the tank challege
    jrkGp1y.jpg
    I'm fine with bug fixes, but I hate nerfs, and this one is as redicueless as the barriss nerf, if not more, since the main reason he became so powerfull, was a fundementel error in speed
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    O

Well yes but this trend is obvious and not fair at all.

Balancing is done so people can have a wide variety of teams and try different combos, not a marketing scheme. It wouldn't be fun playing this game if Poe wasn't touched and everyone was using him would it? Sometime devs overestimate things and new characters end up being extremely powerful. Things need changing.

I knew Poe was overpowered, everyone did. I knew he was going to get nerfed so I held out on starring him.

If someone seem overpowered they probably are and will get a nerf.
  • Options
    my teebo is useless now yeah
  • Options
    Yup this change is completely blindsiding. I was an advocate for Poe after the other undocumented changes this just puts him into the ground and I'd love us players to get the Barriss treatment after this **** up.
  • Options
    I'm absolutely OK with balancing but intentionally eliminating chars is a different story. I'll be happy to see a way wider bench for viable chars, lots of possibilities, synergies, etc but there is only rotation on this still short bench.
  • Options
    Fix one problem by creating another in its place. RIP poe, all hail QJC
  • Options
    If so, why all other nerds to stats? Increase his health, and expose chance. With these changes, for Poe to be viable he needs 15-16k health pool
  • Options
    I hope Poe gets nerfed even more. He's all that's in the top 20 in my leaderboard. Keep nerfing him EA, becuase he needs it.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    I hope Poe gets nerfed even more. He's all that's in the top 20 in my leaderboard. Keep nerfing him EA, becuase he needs it.
    He is in only to take 3 Hits to get a heal off or long enough to kill an opponent. Most teams with DPS glass cannons need a shield. QJG/ReyPoe top combo in lead spots. Now though Poe goes like 4