Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi6371 wrote: »

Guys (and Gals),

They already announced Hoth Han and Hoth Leia ... I am pretty sure this is what that is referring to.

Yup

Thats for territory battles. The line is referencing lukes journey. They probably aren't what the "familiar faces" are referring to.
  • Options
    I hope there is a "break leia from jail" event to unlock the trash monster!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    I am loving the speculation in this thread by the by.
    giphy.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    I am loving the speculation in this thread by the by.
    giphy.gif

A Dev response and with fun gif!

gallery-1485795764-han-solo-gif.gif
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    How is it no one mentioned C3PO yet?
  • Thrawn
    627 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    OP wrote:
    Predictions on the new 'familiar' faces?

C3-PO
    OG Episode IV Chewy
    Jabba the Hut

"In the darkest night, any light is welcome." – I, Jedi
  • Thrawn
    627 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of this alluding to Leia and Lando, who are disguised and rejoin Luke in Jabba's Palace. This could also include Chewbacca (who the devs love), and C-3PO.
    "In the darkest night, any light is welcome." – I, Jedi
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn wrote: »
    I like the idea of this alluding to Leia and Lando, who are disguised and rejoin Luke in Jabba's Palace. This could also include Chewbacca (who the devs love), and C-3PO.

I think thats getting to far ahead, were still at the start of his journey.
  • Options
    I don't know about Old Ben tbh. It depends on when in the trilogy they're going to take you to "Commander Luke".

If it's after the Death Star, but before Hoth I can see Old Ben and St Han being necessary (which is going to suck because I don't have either....lol).

If it's Hoth, I don't think St Han, Old Ben, or Biggs make sense, as Old Ben and Biggs are dead, and St Han was only at the Death Star. I could see Leia, Wedge, R2, Raid Han, HR Scout and HR Soldier along with Farmboy Luke.

Ben was still part of the story after he died being a force ghost and all so his death shouldn't be an impediment. The announcement said it was about Luke's journey until he escaped the death star so I find it unlikely that people from movies other than ANH will be used.
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…" If we are getting new characters then C3PO and Chewbacca are most likely the ones. Others are already in-game, but still we might get different versions of them.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of good theories here
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Ben was still part of the story after he died being a force ghost and all so his death shouldn't be an impediment. The announcement said it was about Luke's journey until he escaped the death star so I find it unlikely that people from movies other than ANH will be used.

Good idea for a new version of Kenobi : Force Ghost Ben. :smile:
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Good idea for a new version of Kenobi : Force Ghost Ben. :smile:

Obi Dead Kenobi?

Would be fun - buffs allies, cannot be targeted and damaged, disappears when other characters die.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So what we know so far we had a part of Luke's journey up to the Tuskens

This is probably gonna be a continued events throughout the life of the game.

Commander Luke is a name mostly used for Hoth Luke as his title was Commander Skywalker and was first named that at the start of Empire Strikes Back.

If the event is Luke's Journey based from A New Hope to After the events of the movie.

Lore speaking the most influence people to Luke's Journey was

R2D2 - Deathstar Plans
    Old Ben - Luke's first mentor
    Leia - Luke Rescues Her
    Han Solo - Saves Luke From Vader

If it follows strict Lore then I would imagine Luke and the above play a part in Luke Farmboy to Rebel Hero

I don't know how it will be played in the game but if it sticks to info from the movies and story ark they were the most influence to Luke.

But for all we know we could need Nightsisters or Ewoks haha
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn wrote: »

Oh man Lando and Leia Tantel\Ubese variants would be awesome!
    jabbas-palace.jpg
    p.s. I know this would be later in the Luke timeline... but still... this would be fun!
  • Options
    Isn't there a line in A New Hope when the pilots gather for the briefing ahead of attacking the death star, where Luke sees Wedge and says it's great to see a familiar face?
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    NebLekiew wrote: »
    Isn't there a line in A New Hope when the pilots gather for the briefing ahead of attacking the death star, where Luke sees Wedge and says it's great to see a familiar face?

This scene?
    MifSf.jpg

• Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Rogee wrote: »

This scene?
    MifSf.jpg

That's Biggs.
    This is Wedge.
    Wedge-01-1024x429.png
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Better question.. are Luke's next steps with familiar faces a flash event? Or another type of event?
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »

This scene?
    MifSf.jpg

The one with Biggs is what I was thinking of, but just rewatched the scene and had it wrong. Resume conjecture.
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Luke was granted the rank of Commander after Yavin 4. If they go logically from farmer boy to the next step, it should be the yellow jacketed version of Luke from the comics. That's not too much of a time-jump, and he already exclusively uses his lightsaber. Hoth Luke would be too much of a jump from Tatooine farmerboy Luke.

I hope you're right. I want Luke more than most players but hoth Luke doesn't appeal to me at all.
  • Options
    LunaticSK wrote: »
    it would be....

frozen han & Hut's Leia in bikini

Frozen han ahah
  • Options
    LunaticSK wrote: »
    it would be....

frozen han & Hut's Leia in bikini

Frozen han ahah
    Han frozen in carbonite most OP tank.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Luke was granted the rank of Commander after Yavin 4. If they go logically from farmer boy to the next step, it should be the yellow jacketed version of Luke from the comics. That's not too much of a time-jump, and he already exclusively uses his lightsaber. Hoth Luke would be too much of a jump from Tatooine farmerboy Luke.

I hope you're right. I want Luke more than most players but hoth Luke doesn't appeal to me at all.
    How many Lukes do you want lol, personally i think theyre going to stick to the movies.
  • Nosferatu91
    399 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

How many Lukes do you want lol, personally i think theyre going to stick to the movies.

Ideally I hope they do stick to the movies. Meaning Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke - but yellow jacket Luke would be better than hoth Luke for sure
  • Options
    Farm everyone! Leave no toon behind and you will always be prepared!
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

Ideally I hope they do stick to the movies. Meaning Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke - but yellow jacket Luke would be better than hoth Luke for sure

Hoth Luke (commander) in orange flight suit
    Bespin Luke in tan outfit
    Jedi Luke in black outfit

These would be cool in my opinion.

"You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Imperial crate
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »

Hoth Luke (commander) in orange flight suit
    Bespin Luke in tan outfit
    Jedi Luke in black outfit

These would be cool in my opinion.

I think youre right but commander luke will be wearing snow gear. Well see tho.