Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I love how some people are over analyzing his daring escapes and thinking the Luke's hero journey is going to end in ANH, when it's just beginning.
    I think it's both. I think this portion of the journey is ending with the daring escape before the end of ANH, resulting in Commander Luke (ESB). I also think the journey will continue further into the story, however, resulting in at least Jedi Knight Luke (RotJ), if not further towards Master Luke (TFA).

I too believe this to be true. The talk has been 'journey' which portends of many steps.
    1. Luke Skywalker (ANH in dirty karate gi)
    2. Commander Luke Skywalker (ESB Hoth snow uniform)
    3. Jedi Luke Skywalker (ROTJ black outfit)
    4. Master Jedi Luke Skywalker (TFA bearded, hooded, robot hand)

Shorter examples are:
    Sidious > Palpatine
    Anakin > Vader
    Han > STHan (but they should remove the Rebel tag from Han Solo, leave him Scoundrel, and remove Scoundrel from STHan and leave him Rebel. Since he's now working for the Rebellion and not smuggling cargo as a merc)

This is where i think the description is important. I dont think TLJ Master Skywalker is included in the "Lukes journey" event. I think this will end with ROTJ Luke. TLJ Luke will probably still be released eventually but as its own thing
  • Options
    Also TLJ Luke will not be a part of the Heroes Journey we're doing.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

This is where i think the description is important. I dont think TLJ Master Skywalker is included in the "Lukes journey" event. I think this will end with ROTJ Luke. TLJ Luke will probably still be released eventually but as its own thing
    I tend to agree with this, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options

I tend to agree with this, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.

TLJ Luke will be to ROTJ Luke that Old Ben is to GK.
  • Options
    I think they're talking about clone helmets.... LOL!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • Options
    Epic timing with that scene
    Whole movie was like that
    they just dont make movies like that anymore
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be Old Ben, because he is one of the few characters I don't have shards waiting to promote to 7*. Actually, he's one of only 2 characters I don't even have period. I can't spare the cantina energy to farm him.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be Old Ben, because he is one of the few characters I don't have shards waiting to promote to 7*. Actually, he's one of only 2 characters I don't even have period. I can't spare the cantina energy to farm him.

Can't? Or won't?
  • Options
    Also - info/theory craft over load. No where was is it stated that commander Luke was the NEXT Luke in progression, correct? Sooooooo daring escape - old ben. St han leía. Can we call him padawan luke if he has a lightsaber ? Or will it be stormtrooper Luke and make a funny pic into fruition.
  • tower72
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru after they got toasted!
  • Options
    Also - info/theory craft over load. No where was is it stated that commander Luke was the NEXT Luke in progression, correct?

Read the dev updates.
  • Options
    Also - info/theory craft over load. No where was is it stated that commander Luke was the NEXT Luke in progression, correct?

Read the dev updates.

Thanks^^ back on track now

• Options

Read the dev updates.

Thanks^^ back on track now

You're welcome.
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just want to point out that he uses his x-wing a lot post-Yavin, just not in the movies.

He is also the leader of Rogue Squadron after that, hence the commander title - if you do research into the EU (although I am aware this is non-canon) Wedge was made commander once he took this role after ESB and kept it for years before becoming a general.

So I say he should essentially be Pilot Luke, as this is also really the next step in his Journey
  • Options
    Massov wrote: »
    Just want to point out that he uses his x-wing a lot post-Yavin, just not in the movies.

He is also the leader of Rogue Squadron after that, hence the commander title - if you do research into the EU (although I am aware this is non-canon) Wedge was made commander once he took this role after ESB and kept it for years before becoming a general.

So I say he should essentially be Pilot Luke, as this is also really the next step in his Journey

Assuming farm luke doesn't "transform" into CLS, when they finally release his X-Wing it'll be for farmboy Luke to at least make that toon viable in one part of the game. I don't think CLS will get a ship.
  • Options
    I guess Luke Journey could have 5 tiers ( Luke required)
    1- Luke (and/or possibly Old Kenobi) vs Tuskens (Episode IV)
    2- Luke vs Yoda (training)(Episode V)
    3-Luke +Ewoks vs ATST (Episode VI)
    4-Luke vs Vader/Palpatine( Episode VI)
    5-Rebel Fleet ( Wedge, Biggs, Luke, Lando (MFalcon) vs Death Star scenario (Episode VI)
  • Options
    MolDavos wrote: »
    Except...

He also had to escape from the ultimate weapon in ROTJ. I would call that more of a "narrow" escape than a "daring" escape, but it was an escape all the same.

To me, that quote suggests we will start on Tatooine (which we've already done) and will wrap up with the epic battle on the last Death Star...likely facing Vader and Palpatine in some form or fashion.

If that was the case, I would suspect that for this one, the ultimate reward will be getting some Hoth version of Luke. It ties in nicely with the upcoming game mode, where it seems like at least at some point we will be fighting on Hoth. It would likely make him the ultimate toon to have for that event and help to unlock Hoth Han and Hoth Leia.

The piece that doesn't quite work out for me is that in the first event, we used Farm Boy Luke, on Tatooine, alongside Jawas.

That would make it feel like for THIS event, we'd be using Commander Luke/Hoth Luke, and fighting ON Hoth, alongside some "familiar faces" that he "rejoins"...but unless they are going to gift us a nice shiny Commander Luke, or let us "trade in" the Farmboy Luke for the new one, then it will be Farm Boy Luke fighting again. But against who...and who will be supporting him?

It would seem like Veers and Snowtroopers would make good sense as the opponents, if it does end up using Hoth as the stage.

So who might be alongside Luke? Leia...Han...Chewie...R2...these all make sense, even if the versions we CURRENTLY have are not the Hoth/ESB versions. I think technically Old Ben could fit in here, since he does have the vision of him when he's hanging upside down in the cave.

I don't suspect they would make Raid Han be required...and it might even be a stretch to have it be R2, since there could be a good number of players who have not had a chance to even unlock R2 yet.

Old Ben, STH, and Leia are all available, so it feels like at least one of these would make sense.

Then again...I might be wrong. :)

Rogee wrote: »
    Actually just went back and re-read a previous announcement:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120157/the-road-ahead-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes#latest

HERO’S JOURNEY - LUKE SKYWALKER

"Step into Luke Skywalker’s shoes and experience his journey from Farm Boy to Rebel Hero!

This is the first event of a new series where you’ll retrace the steps of the iconic hero LUKE SKYWALKER from his humble beginnings on Tatooine through his daring escape from the Galactic Empire’s ultimate weapon.

Completing this event will unlock the next iteration of Luke Skywalker: COMMANDER LUKE SKYWALKER."

With the above bold parts, it says this takes place during his daring escape from... ultimate weapon, i.e. "that's no moon." So it looks like it will continue until this part of the story:
    c6c8d4decce6a6e14cc17cc0a2eeb5f9.jpg

0a2fa0e969b81ea3be8819cd39c985cc.jpg

If we're following the story, we'll need Old Ben to fight Darth Vader... and die, so the other's can escape in the Falcon.

Ben came to him outside of the cave, after he freed himself from the Wampa, and then Han showed up on a Tauntaun as Force Ben was fading away.
  • Options
    It will be toons that are already out now I think. They never said new ones coming. But then again they never said new ones were not coming. My predictions are R2, Old Ben, Biggs (maybe), Leia, Chewie and either of the Han variants, and wormy Luke will be the only ones who u can choose from in an event to farm Jedi Luke. (Bespin). Followed by outrageous priced packs for your chance at 5-330 Bespin Luke shards. Followed by another event down the line with Wedge, Lando, maybe Lobot...u get the idea, for RotJ Luke in a repeat event....then followed by Grand Master Luke by December....we will see.
  • Options
    1) everyone thinks Luke is the hero. He and his happy band of heroes are just the McGuffin to get to the real hero. Vader. Who brought balance to the force by basically Alt+f4 the whole Jedi thing. And then he destroyed the Sith from the inside. So ya.... Vader is the hero.

2) it's probably the droid that dies so that Luke has to buy r2 instead. That's who we'll get.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    1) everyone thinks Luke is the hero. He and his happy band of heroes are just the McGuffin to get to the real hero. Vader.
    Who brought balance to the force by basically Alt+f4 the whole Jedi thing. And then he destroyed the Sith from the inside. So ya.... Vader is the hero.

1) Luke is the protagonist of the Original Trilogy. Anakin is the protagonist > character arc to > antagonist of the prequels

2) That's assuming that Vader is the one spoken of in the prophesy. What if it's hermit Luke, who says the Jedi (and Sith) must come to an end. Because the force is in balance when it is not separated into Light and Dark.

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Luke will b drawn out as long as possible in case u haven't noticed yet. A year and a half in and all we have is a farmboy version.

U can bet that the Han and the Leia "familiar faces" will b Hoth Han and Hoth Leia...both of which will b purchased from the TB shop and very expensive to get...most likely available from the last few nodes in TB which will b exceedingly difficult.

Gear up your Ewoks, Troopers and Nightsisters. The least used factions will b used for it. U can bet on it.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Luke will b drawn out as long as possible in case u haven't noticed yet. A year and a half in and all we have is a farmboy version.

U can bet that the Han and the Leia "familiar faces" will b Hoth Han and Hoth Leia...both of which will b purchased from the TB shop and very expensive to get...most likely available from the last few nodes in TB which will b exceedingly difficult.

Gear up your Ewoks, Troopers and Nightsisters. The least used factions will b used for it. U can bet on it.

You left out the Tuskens.
  • Options
    1) everyone thinks Luke is the hero. He and his happy band of heroes are just the McGuffin to get to the real hero. Vader. Who brought balance to the force by basically Alt+f4 the whole Jedi thing. And then he destroyed the Sith from the inside. So ya.... Vader is the hero.

2) it's probably the droid that dies so that Luke has to buy r2 instead. That's who we'll get.

Star Wars is about Luke Skywalker and the Rebellion against the Empire. Darth Vader is a villain and his time as Anakin Skywalker, the Old Republic, Jedi Knights and the Clone Wars were nothing but backstory for over 20 years of the franchise's history.
  • Options
    When this popped up today i thought ut said "familiar feces" hehe
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    But redemption is such a better story... It wasn't the mighty fleet, nor any of the "heroes" who killed the emperor... It was Vader who redeemed himself and ended the conflict. Protagonist and antagonist only refer to the viewpoint. The protagonists in the Usual Suspects could not be considered good guys nor heroes... And Professor Snape was the ultimate hero of Harry Potter... And he was considered one of the main antagonists. And remember... Han shot first!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Yes...what you said. :)

I was suggesting that the description describes the WHOLE journey, not just the upcoming next step...meaning that the final battle we face to end up with Jedi Luke will take place on the ROTJ Death Star, where he escapes before it is destroyed.

He also had to escape from the ultimate weapon in ROTJ. I would call that more of a "narrow" escape than a "daring" escape, but it was an escape all the same.
    If you say the phrase "Luke's daring escape from the Death Star" to a bunch of Star Wars fans, most would assume ANH, not RotJ. And a version of Luke obtained after RotJ would almost certainly be called Jedi Knight Luke, not Commander Luke. And since Luke is is only ever referred to as Commander at the beginning of ESB, combined with the impending release of the Hoth Territory Battle, I think the evidence is overwhelming that they're talking about the ANH Death Star, not the RotJ Death Star.

The point is the description may be describing the entire series not just the portion that unlocks commander luke but weve down this road before lol

The Death Star escape is classically known as the escape of Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia and the droids in ANH. That has always been used in video games etc and is generally well kknown to fans as "the death star escape".

This must be what they are referring to, not the "escape" in ROTJ.

the escape from ANH will be the event challenge where Commander Luke is unlocked, as this will lead into the Hoth Territory Battles.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I love how some people are over analyzing his daring escapes and thinking the Luke's hero journey is going to end in ANH, when it's just beginning.
    I think it's both. I think this portion of the journey is ending with the daring escape before the end of ANH, resulting in Commander Luke (ESB). I also think the journey will continue further into the story, however, resulting in at least Jedi Knight Luke (RotJ), if not further towards Master Luke (TFA).

Exactly!
  • TNT1138
    44 posts Member
    Options
    But redemption is such a better story... It wasn't the mighty fleet, nor any of the "heroes" who killed the emperor... It was Vader who redeemed himself and ended the conflict. Protagonist and antagonist only refer to the viewpoint. The protagonists in the Usual Suspects could not be considered good guys nor heroes... And Professor Snape was the ultimate hero of Harry Potter... And he was considered one of the main antagonists. And remember... Han shot first!

It was Luke who redeemed his father. Anakin would have never turned on the Emperor if it wasn't for Luke.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Yes...what you said. :)

I was suggesting that the description describes the WHOLE journey, not just the upcoming next step...meaning that the final battle we face to end up with Jedi Luke will take place on the ROTJ Death Star, where he escapes before it is destroyed.

If you say the phrase "Luke's daring escape from the Death Star" to a bunch of Star Wars fans, most would assume ANH, not RotJ. And a version of Luke obtained after RotJ would almost certainly be called Jedi Knight Luke, not Commander Luke. And since Luke is is only ever referred to as Commander at the beginning of ESB, combined with the impending release of the Hoth Territory Battle, I think the evidence is overwhelming that they're talking about the ANH Death Star, not the RotJ Death Star.

The point is the description may be describing the entire series not just the portion that unlocks commander luke but weve down this road before lol

The Death Star escape is classically known as the escape of Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia and the droids in ANH. That has always been used in video games etc and is generally well kknown to fans as "the death star escape".

This must be what they are referring to, not the "escape" in ROTJ.

the escape from ANH will be the event challenge where Commander Luke is unlocked, as this will lead into the Hoth Territory Battles.

That makes zero sense. so the journey to the escspe in ANH....2/3 of one movie...what a journey. Plus hes not a commander after that, hes actually still farm boy luke.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be just great if the 'familiar faces' were the familiar faces of the golden team of the forums:

zChewie (L), Mob Enforcer, JKG, Ugnaught, CUP