Thank you, Team!

Prev1
Bill0207
375 posts Member
edited August 2017
I just wanted to show my appreciation and thank the devs for bringing back the r2 event so soon. I know some people feel a little different for there being such short notice but the last event was enough notice for me. I barely unlocked him last time and now this time around I have a g11 zader empire team ready to go and I'm completely free to play. R2 is my current project for my new squad arena team that I'm working on so it's perfect timing for the event to return for me. Again thank you devs for your hard work at making this game more and more fun to play
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I'm stoked that I'll be able to use R2 for my Teebo Rancor team. Hoping it will allow my to use auto for longer periods and also relax my small RNG problems. (waiting on Jyn for a rebel auto/solo team)
  • Options
    I'm pleased it's back so soon. I'm pretty confident I can at least get him to six stars; 7 might be a stretch. I have 4 good 7 star toons, but the fifth is kinda weak tea. I'd been working on DT for this, and he's geared up well but isn't 7 stars yet.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pleased it's back so soon. I'm pretty confident I can at least get him to six stars; 7 might be a stretch. I have 4 good 7 star toons, but the fifth is kinda weak tea. I'd been working on DT for this, and he's geared up well but isn't 7 stars yet.

I did it with two gear 10, two gear 8 and 1 gear 7, so I think you have a chance...
    (It took my HOURS to complete the event)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Just keep shock on everyone and take out Old Ben
  • Terand
    33 posts Member
    Options
    It took me by surprise since I expected him coming in September or October, so I was originally going to wrap up Chirpa 7* before moving to TFP (now at 5*), who is the last member of my Empire team I need at 7*. So I'll unlock R2 at 5*, and hopefully at 6* if my cantina farming goes well.

But while I would have liked some more advance notice (I would have switched from Chirpa once I got him to 5*), I'm mostly glad to get R2 sooner so I can add him to my arena/GW teams to crush the Maul leads, which are currently the only teams I have serious trouble beating on offense. Raids are secondary in importance and I'll live if I can't use him in those.
  • Options
    I agree, devs deserve some thanks!

And thanks to the OP for making a thread giving the devs some love, they get way too much hate.
  • Options
    After reading all the negative comments in the mega, I just want to thank the devs for the work they put into the Luke journey and his character. I see so many people angry about the characters we need to unlock Luke and yet the clues were given to them, were right in front of them the whole time. These are the characters who helped Luke in his journey in the OT. Luke is going to be awesome!! Be excited, we're finally getting a new version of Luke!! So I just want to combat the negativity with some positivity. Great job to the dev team. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    It could honestly be a game killer for those of us playing less than a year. They keep releasing all of these OP toons that make arena unbearable. It's almost like what's the point? We'll never catch up to those who started playing day 1 or whales who give into their addictive personalities. They'll just keep releasing more OP toons with steep requirements only whales or day 1 players can meet. It's potentially a game killer in the long run.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They dropped R2 event with 7 hour notice in-game. They won't even say when this journey event is going to take place. Why all the secrecy? Why not tell people ahead of time who to farm and gear up?

I am a minnow and have be playing for 6 months. I don't have the luxury of farming random characters in case an insanely OP character is need a year from now.
  • Options
    BSwoody87 wrote: »
    It could honestly be a game killer for those of us playing less than a year. They keep releasing all of these OP toons that make arena unbearable. It's almost like what's the point? We'll never catch up to those who started playing day 1 or whales who give into their addictive personalities. They'll just keep releasing more OP toons with steep requirements only whales or day 1 players can meet. It's potentially a game killer in the long run.

You don't need to catch up to day 1 whales though. You only need to catch up with the whales that started playing the same time as you.
  • Options
    gatormatt wrote: »

You don't need to catch up to day 1 whales though. You only need to catch up with the whales that started playing the same time as you.

Not true at all. Whales have the luxury to star up and gear excess toons. Since PvP is the only way to get crystals, I have to stay in the top 10 to stay neutral. If Commander Luke makes rebels meta again, I have no chance.
  • Options
    Start farming!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Not true at all. Whales have the luxury to star up and gear excess toons. Since PvP is the only way to get crystals, I have to stay in the top 10 to stay neutral. If Commander Luke makes rebels meta again, I have no chance.

This is a game of time. No rights or wrongs in the speed you play. Each player is different, each shard is different. Stay focused on one hero at a time, and you'll surprise yourself with how fast you can progress.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    They dropped R2 event with 7 hour notice in-game. They won't even say when this journey event is going to take place. Why all the secrecy? Why not tell people ahead of time who to farm and gear up?

I am a minnow and have be playing for 6 months. I don't have the luxury of farming random characters in case an insanely OP character is need a year from now.
    The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Of course there is...

This is a game of time. No rights or wrongs in the speed you play. Each player is different, each shard is different. Stay focused on one hero at a time, and you'll surprise yourself with how fast you can progress.

Thanks for the advice...this is becoming less and less true. With Yoda and EP, it was all jedis or all rebels. With R2 it is all Empire...with Thrawn it was only phoenix squad but at least you can get him at 5* This time, it's a specific 5 characters (one of which requires another 5 7 star empire toons) and less than 2-3 weeks notice.

There is no reason for devs to remain this secretive. Why not tell people weeks ahead on what toons to be farmed. Why drop R2 event with 7 hour in-game notice?
  • Options

The Heroes Journey is the first event in the history of the game with requirements of this caliber. While we understand these are some hefty requirements, remember this is just a Hotfix update! :) For more information on what Hotfix updates mean, give our Game Update Changes post a look <<HERE>> a click.

Our following Content update is coming soon and will shed more light on the various methods we're implementing to help Players along to make this journey a good one.

Translation: for the right price, you can unlock these characters possibly in time for Luke. $$$$
  • Options

Translation: for the right price, you can unlock these characters possibly in time for Luke. $$$$

I will give devs the benefit of the doubt and watch how it plays out but this is not a good start.
  • Options
    The people who made Luke aren't the same people that made this event custom tailored to spenders who can 7* whoever they please in a moments notice. Your praise of the artists and programmers work doesn't excuse the decisions made by whoever is in charge of designing this event
  • Jarvin_Vigil
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Even spending a fair amount of money (totally subjective so let's define it as $200 a month) you fall impossibly behind the people willing to buy at any cost. You simply cannot close that gap. In fact, the current system ensures this gap will grow beyond the point where even if you switch to unlimited spending you are still never going to catch up unless you're willing to spend in perpetuity until an entire new set of metas is available.

At least in a true P2W you could buy all 5 7* characters and catch up, you simply cannot do that for this event, which I don't have a problem with the rewards for long time players. I do, however, have a problem with it being a toon that's so obviously OP that I can't possibly have a chance against. This game takes a lot of time for whales and F2P alike and investing that time is essentially not worth it for new players if the reward to launch players and whales is an unbelievably OP toon.
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Options

I will give devs the benefit of the doubt and watch how it plays out but this is not a good start.

Same here, but it may make or break the game for me. If the content of Luke Journey is unavailable for me and the difficulty pass they have hinted about make some content unavailable for my guild then I don't see why I would invest in this game.
  • Options

[/quote]

Please say this also provides a way for people to attempt to get old Ben to 7* for the event. Packs are fine I get you gotta make money but a slower f2p besides furiously farming 2-F would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Representative of the 50% of the community that doesn't even have old Ben unlocked
  • Options

Please say this also provides a way for people to attempt to get old Ben to 7* for the event. Packs are fine I get you gotta make money but a slower f2p besides furiously farming 2-F would be appreciated

Sincerely,

Representative of the 50% of the community that doesn't even have old Ben unlocked[/quote]

Oh you'll have plenty of time to unlock old ben...and then maybe you can get Comander Puke next time :(
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    I just wanted to show my appreciation and thank the devs for bringing back the r2 event so soon. I know some people feel a little different for there being such short notice but the last event was enough notice for me. I barely unlocked him last time and now this time around I have a g11 zader empire team ready to go and I'm completely free to play. R2 is my current project for my new squad arena team that I'm working on so it's perfect timing for the event to return for me. Again thank you devs for your hard work at making this game more and more fun to play

and you started playing when?
  • Options
    I've been waiting so long for Old Ben to get update! Super excited to see Luke old Ben and R2 in a team with Synergy that's usable. I think it's cool that they rewarding players that took the time to upgrade characters they like and not just follow the meta
  • Options
    Can't say I'm too thrilled about it. I was farming up Jedi's because Yoda has been in the event list for a few weeks. Then he disappears and out comes R2 with half a day notice.

They should of just had R2 listed in the events 20 days ago instead of Yoda. I could of been farming empire instead.
  • Options
    After reading all the negative comments in the mega, I just want to thank the devs for the work they put into the Luke journey and his character. I see so many people angry about the characters we need to unlock Luke and yet the clues were given to them, were right in front of them the whole time. These are the characters who helped Luke in his journey in the OT. Luke is going to be awesome!! Be excited, we're finally getting a new version of Luke!! So I just want to combat the negativity with some positivity. Great job to the dev team. Keep up the good work.

Heck yes! +1!
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    People cursing about Old Ben should've known by now that all the iconic Episode 4 heroes would be needed to get Commander Luke. Pretty obvious. I even geared some jawas just in case. But Old Ben Leia and STHan (possibly Chewie) would be the obvious farming. And then Farmboy Luke because how are you suppose to get in a journey to get Luke without Luke and knowing August daily login is Luke? I just wanna say thanks to devs and EA/CG because it will not be a paywall character and being an iconic Hoth rebel champion I say: bring in the new mode baby, let's rock.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    People cursing about Old Ben should've known by now that all the iconic Episode 4 heroes would be needed to get Commander Luke. Pretty obvious. I even geared some jawas just in case. But Old Ben Leia and STHan (possibly Chewie) would be the obvious farming. And then Farmboy Luke because how are you suppose to get in a journey to get Luke without Luke and knowing August daily login is Luke? I just wanna say thanks to devs and EA/CG because it will not be a paywall character and being an iconic Hoth rebel champion I say: bring in the new mode baby, let's rock.

New mode? Hahahahaha
    New mode of taking our money for a single battle. Sure.
  • Options
    mrjazz wrote: »
    Bill0207 wrote: »

and you started playing when?

I've been playing for a little over a year. Maybe 14 or 15 months
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Inkdad77 wrote: »
    I've been waiting so long for Old Ben to get update! Super excited to see Luke old Ben and R2 in a team with Synergy that's usable. I think it's cool that they rewarding players that took the time to upgrade characters they like and not just follow the meta

I never used the meta teams, and I farmed lots of chracters just because I want... I have all the characters needed except Old Ben... :'(
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
This discussion has been closed.