State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    All this with no Zeta abilities on Palpatine yet...
  • Options
    Well if some people are here just for a good time then they may not mesh well with the die hard players. Some people want to move forward and struggle with this decision because that's how they enjoy the game. If you don't want to break up your guild then don't. If it's necessary for you and a majority of your guild to move on then that's a discussion you should have. You don't have to stop talking to people if they leave your guild

I don't think anyone is saying that we gotta boot members and give 'em the silent treatment, but nice attempt at deflection. I think you know exactly what I'm getting at here.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Ps....looking for a new guild :-P
  • Options
    Hermit Yoda will eat all your teams' snacks and throw x-wings at you.
  • Options
    So where's the uh... "and R1 empire toon shard cost will be lowered to that of R1 rebels!" You know because they came out before the R1 rebels. But whose keeping track of that you know... October 6, 2016.
  • Options
    Well if some people are here just for a good time then they may not mesh well with the die hard players. Some people want to move forward and struggle with this decision because that's how they enjoy the game. If you don't want to break up your guild then don't. If it's necessary for you and a majority of your guild to move on then that's a discussion you should have. You don't have to stop talking to people if they leave your guild

I don't think anyone is saying that we gotta boot members and give 'em the silent treatment, but nice attempt at deflection. I think you know exactly what I'm getting at here.

Yeah it's called "unwilling to make choices."
  • Options
    These battles as we've been told are going to be epic, and will need to be coordinated accordingly. Developers should release a thread/poll for gamers to voice their opinions and suggestions for a reworked in-game communication system.

It seems now that communication with guild members will become more important. (I would like to point out that not everyone is able, nor would like, to have off game chats with strangers.)

Just something for consideration.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah it's called "unwilling to make choices."

You've been so immensely contributory to this discussion. Please do continue to enlighten us with intelligent discourse on how else we might proceed in the wake of this.

Should we also just play the game? Shall we also wait and see? Should we never dare question our Dev Team, who in the past have absolutely addressed popular queries on confusing issues raised by their community?

Or must one be a number of the chosen few to pull their ear forward and have a whisper or a shout heard?

And nobody is unwilling to make choices. We're asking for the information to make intelligent choices. See how there's a difference?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    So nobody knows how to get Captain Han Solo yet, right?

kSbelim.gif
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

No man, no. Why are people asking this? If a Dev didn't reveal it like they did ROLO or CL, it hasn't been announced yet. Is it in the notes? No? It's still a secret then.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    We're asking for the information to make intelligent choices. See how there's a difference?
    The problem is that your tone indicates that you're not asking for, but demanding information. And it also implies that you feel entitled to an informed choice, rather than an uninformed choice (whether or not it's intelligent is another matter), regardless of the fact that without access to special information, we're all in the same boat.
    Why do you feel like the devs owe you the information you're looking for?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    We're asking for the information to make intelligent choices. See how there's a difference?
    The problem is that your tone indicates that you're not asking for, but demanding information. And it also implies that you feel entitled to an informed choice, rather than an uninformed choice (whether or not it's intelligent is another matter), regardless of the fact that without access to special information, we're all in the same boat.

Ok, I can halfway see that. I don't think I started off irritated so much as concerned but I'll readily admit that as I read more similar posts, and then a few folks started questioning...I got into it. That's kind of obvious; I can't deny it.

The matter of entitlement is a curious choice of words. Aren't we all entitled to informed decisions? I mean, are you really arguing for less information and pushing for guilds to make such a monumental decision as wholesale restructuring on ignorance? That's not wise at all. Of course we're entitled to informed decisions. To suggest otherwise is downright silly.

As to why I feel the Devs owe us information...again, I feel you're testing me on this when the answer is simple. I'm not asking for special super secret information on upcoming game modes, new toons, new abilities, anything extra special.

I'm asking, and if you read to this point then you know I'm not alone in it, simply the most respondant thus far...I'm asking for clarified information on intel they already delivered, so that guilds can decide in advance the best way to prepare for this new endeavor and plot a course forward that works for everyone.

I answered yours...now let me ask you: why is that such a bad thing?

The Dev Team have plenty of times responded to community concerns with Updates or individual posts for far lesser matters. Why is this one that has the ability to impact 50 players at a time such a bad thing to seek enlightenment on?

• Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    PLEASE give us a date
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

Ok, I can halfway see that. I don't think I started off irritated so much as concerned but I'll readily admit that as I read more similar posts, and then a few folks started questioning...I got into it. That's kind of obvious; I can't deny it.

The matter of entitlement is a curious choice of words. Aren't we all entitled to informed decisions? I mean, are you really arguing for less information and pushing for guilds to make such a monumental decision as wholesale restructuring on ignorance? That's not wise at all. Of course we're entitled to informed decisions. To suggest otherwise is downright silly.

As to why I feel the Devs owe us information...again, I feel you're testing me on this when the answer is simple. I'm not asking for special super secret information on upcoming game modes, new toons, new abilities, anything extra special.

I'm asking, and if you read to this point then you know I'm not alone in it, simply the most respondant thus far...I'm asking for clarified information on intel they already delivered, so that guilds can decide in advance the best way to prepare for this new endeavor and plot a course forward that works for everyone.

I answered yours...now let me ask you: why is that such a bad thing?

The Dev Team have plenty of times responded to community concerns with Updates or individual posts for far lesser matters. Why is this one that has the ability to impact 50 players at a time such a bad thing to seek enlightenment on?

Everything will be ok

NSv7ucR.gif
  • Options
    No mention of any rework to the Hoth Rebel bros, but something tells me that's coming.
  • Options
    What We know about "hoth" Leia,

Unlocks at 4 stars, "counters debuffs", requires Captain Han Solo and a whole guild's effort to unlock, can attack up to 10 times on her only special attack, has high tenacity, and has a leader ability.

What we can guess.

Leia either has a counterattack or some other retaliation-based unique given the symbol of her unique (likely how she counters debuffs).
    Her leader ability is attack-based (based on the symbol used, and that it's a primarily offensive lead/unique symbol)
    One of her moves does bonus damage to high health enemies (likely her basic)

What else do I know? I know that there's a kozigator lurking in the waters of this thread, waiting to strike and leave his memely mark.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    What else do I know? I know that there's a kozigator lurking in the waters of this thread, waiting to strike and leave his memely mark.

I dunno, man. There's a good number of you in this thread alone giving me a run for my money!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    [NSv7ucR.gif

I dunno man; I dunno. Your helpful GIF game might just help though.

mg]
  • Options
    Good cause it was getting sad there for a minute
  • Options
    Good cause it was getting sad there for a minute

It really was quite sad, but I think we're approaching that from different perspectives.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just stick with rationality and you'll be ok
  • Options
    That's usually the way it works. Again though, I suspect we're looking at the same angle from different perspectives. It's alright though; you keep fighting the good fight and I'll do the same. If you never stand up for what you believe...you're just sitting.

Sitting gets boring.

And eventually your butt hurts.

And nobody likes butt hurt.
  • Options
    Also, the miniaturized Hoth battlefield reminds me of the die cast metal sets from the early 1980s.
  • Options
    Not enough rebels... we need more rebels with more zetas and more powers...
  • Options
    swgoh4.jpg
    so now that we are getting CLS and ROLO the only toon missing is REBEL Chewbacca!
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    That's usually the way it works. Again though, I suspect we're looking at the same angle from different perspectives. It's alright though; you keep fighting the good fight and I'll do the same. If you never stand up for what you believe...you're just sitting.

Sitting gets boring.

And eventually your butt hurts.

And nobody likes butt hurt.

Speak for yourself

giphy.gif
  • Options
    NoahScape wrote: »
    Not enough rebels... we need more rebels with more zetas and more powers...

Agreed
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

No man, no. Why are people asking this? If a Dev didn't reveal it like they did ROLO or CL, it hasn't been announced yet. Is it in the notes? No? It's still a secret then.

People want to know and it doesn't hurt to ask dude.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You like butt hurt?

To each their own, mate. I don't judge you for that. I do wonder at your continued insistence that we derail this. You've contributed basically nothing, and it's ok. I've responded. I know people like you. I am you, basically...but you're allowing me to lose my central point and the only reason I'm on this thread.

You know what they say about feeding the GIF Ducks, or Penguins, or whatever. No more bread crumbs for you, mate.

On topic: Not really sure I can contribute anything else anyway except fodder for the Michael Jackson Thriller popcorn munching entertainment folks at home.

Others have spoken their peace, I elaborated and carried it on for a few pages, and the Devs have noticed. Whether they respond or not...that's on them. You make noise, someone notices. That's the whole point of making noise; to draw attention to your concern.

Perhaps the next update will address this, and it'll be worth it if so.

If not, I'm sure we'll be back to be concerned consumers of the product.

Go ahead, toss your "bye Felicia" meme at me and have done with it mate. I think the last word is more important to you than it is to me :)

To everyone else who carried on an actual conversation with me regarding this, whether you agreed or no...I appreciate it! Respectful discourse makes the world more interesting.
  • Options

People want to know and it doesn't hurt to ask dude.

Wrong. It cause physical pain. Geez. So insensitive