The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    What do u guys think about zthrawn(L), DK, DT, ShT and... Royal guard? (Protection recovery in mind with RG special)
    I wish I had ST shards and gear though ;)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    What do u guys think about zthrawn(L), DK, DT, ShT and... Royal guard? (Protection recovery in mind with RG special)
    I wish I had ST shards and gear though ;)

Storm #1, GK #2, RG #3 would b my order of preference for a 2nd tank.
  • Options
    @Gaidal_Cain -- So I took a look today and discovered how insanely easy Storm was to gear. While I only have him 5* star at the moment, I was able to put him to g11 immediately, and swapped him in for Tarkin. While the guy with the Zolo team can still beat me quickly (he estimated it took him about a minute and a half), I was able to to beat him pretty handily today. Definitely looks like it's going to be an improvement over Tarkin.
  • Options
    @Gaidal_Cain -- So I took a look today and discovered how insanely easy Storm was to gear. While I only have him 5* star at the moment, I was able to put him to g11 immediately, and swapped him in for Tarkin. While the guy with the Zolo team can still beat me quickly (he estimated it took him about a minute and a half), I was able to to beat him pretty handily today. Definitely looks like it's going to be an improvement over Tarkin.

Storm and Shore are a phenominal tank duo - possibly the best tank duo in the game with the shared defense / max health uniques, both getting 15% max protection under Thrawn lead, and each giving CD immunity / D up to the other and the team as well. They also gain so much TM under Thrawn when debuffed it makes them quite fast - prot regen under zThrawn they refuse to die. Without ten up on the enemy Storm's TM removal skill is very powerful. When he has D up and CD immunity up I intentionally try to get counter attacked so that the rest of the enemy gets pinned. Make them both fast as you can and not sacrificing too much prot / health. I'm running Storm at 217 now and Shore at 216. Getting both above 220+ would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Storm and Shore are a phenominal tank duo - possibly the best tank duo in the game with the shared defense / max health uniques, both getting 15% max protection under Thrawn lead, and each giving CD immunity / D up to the other and the team as well. They also gain so much TM under Thrawn when debuffed it makes them quite fast - prot regen under zThrawn they refuse to die. Without ten up on the enemy Storm's TM removal skill is very powerful. When he has D up and CD immunity up I intentionally try to get counter attacked so that the rest of the enemy gets pinned. Make them both fast as you can and not sacrificing too much prot / health. I'm running Storm at 217 now and Shore at 216. Getting both above 220+ would be fantastic.

Right now, I'm running Shore at 195 and Storm at 202. I can still give Storm the post-11 detonator for another 6 speed. I'm running DT at 213 and DK at 207 -- I wanted to keep appropriate sets on them (CD and Pot on DT; CD and CC [with a CC primary triangle] on DK).
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Can you guys take a look at my mods and make recommendations on any tweaks I can make?

I can't match the raw speed some of you have but maybe there is something else I am missing.

Winning on offense is not an issue but I still drop more than I would like overnight:

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

I know the protection is a bit low on Storm but believe it or not, I have yet to lose him in a battle. He just won't die (aside from Annihilate of course).
  • Options
    Also, I put Storm's potency to 50% to help that TM reduction. It works beautifully.
  • Options
    Working on a similar team Thrawn (z) (L) DK DT(z) ShT and Stormtrooper few weeks should be all maxed I'll report back ;)

Empire for life.
  • Thunderdome
    41 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Double post, deleted
  • Options
    My team is Ep leader, vader, rg, tarkin and tfp... so is a better option storm in place of rg?
  • Options
    ReeYees wrote: »
    My team is Ep leader, vader, rg, tarkin and tfp... so is a better option storm in place of rg?

Hmm, I don't think so.

Storm is great when being added as a second tank. On his own, there are too many dispellers in the game for him to be effective. RG's auto taunt is better.

Also, you don't have any Troopers to share Storm's defense boost.
  • Options
    Yupyup, magma and snow are 7* gear 9/10... death and shore are only 4*. I was thinking to do a trooper team with Veers leader. But ill wait death and shore...
  • Options
    I apologize in advance for how unorganized this post will be.
    General Veers lead gives 10% turn meter when imperial troopers gain a buff
    General Veers unique gives 50% turn meter to all imperial troopers when an enemy dies & offense up buff (which should trigger above 10% turn meter gain from leadership ability)
    Snow trooper gains 30% turn meter when an enemy dies.
    (Current turn meter gain for snow trooper when enemy dies - 90%)
    If Shoretrooper is taunting he gives 15% turn meter when allied empire characters use a special ability
    So if Shoretrooper is taunting and snow trooper uses his AoE special and an enemy dies, he should gain 105% turn meter (I know it would only be 100%)
    Snow trooper special has Cooldown of 4 but reduces by 1 for each crit scored. So if he gets 3 crits & kills an enemy, he should be able to repeat... Right?
  • Options
    I apologize in advance for how unorganized this post will be.
    General Veers lead gives 10% turn meter when imperial troopers gain a buff
    General Veers unique gives 50% turn meter to all imperial troopers when an enemy dies & offense up buff (which should trigger above 10% turn meter gain from leadership ability)
    Snow trooper gains 30% turn meter when an enemy dies.
    (Current turn meter gain for snow trooper when enemy dies - 90%)
    If Shoretrooper is taunting he gives 15% turn meter when allied empire characters use a special ability
    So if Shoretrooper is taunting and snow trooper uses his AoE special and an enemy dies, he should gain 105% turn meter (I know it would only be 100%)
    Snow trooper special has Cooldown of 4 but reduces by 1 for each crit scored. So if he gets 3 crits & kills an enemy, he should be able to repeat... Right?

Yes, however if another Trooper is at 50%+ they have a chance to go first because of 100%tm RNG
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    That might actually be helpful - they can help try and set up next kill
  • Options
    That might actually be helpful - they can help try and set up next kill

Yep if that happens I try to make the enemy team at just under half health so Snow Trooper wipes them all out and all of my troopers start with 100%tm(in GW and dark/cantina battles)
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Right now, I'm running Shore at 195 and Storm at 202. I can still give Storm the post-11 detonator for another 6 speed. I'm running DT at 213 and DK at 207 -- I wanted to keep appropriate sets on them (CD and Pot on DT; CD and CC [with a CC primary triangle] on DK).

CD/CC sets r not appropriate for DK. All 3 of his attacks do special damage. His Special Critical chance is a mere 15%. U will get far more out of him by giving him an offense set and offense primary triangle.

Even if u use a cc set and cc triangle, u r only bringing him up to 32%...which is still very poor. Using him in Arena I've had far better results w/ offense.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

CD/CC sets r not appropriate for DK. All 3 of his attacks do special damage. His Special Critical chance is a mere 15%. U will get far more out of him by giving him an offense set and offense primary triangle.

Even if u use a cc set and cc triangle, u r only bringing him up to 32%...which is still very poor. Using him in Arena I've had far better results w/ offense.

Problem is that DK's damage bonus on debuffed and Rebel enemies rely on him hitting crits - with all the CLS rebel teams everywhere you'd want to be taking advantage of that. If he's not hitting crits his damage output is pretty poor.

I've got his special crit chance at 37% which isn't great but it means he's hitting 20-30k basics often enough to make it worth it IMO.

• Options
    I am planning on running a very similar squad to you guys, Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, ST, and???.

I unfortunately do not have access to either DK or Nihlius. I am in the process of gearing Tarkin for fleet arena lead, thinking he would probably be the next best in my lineup to fill into that last position. And feedback on this lineup?
  • Options
    I am planning on running a very similar squad to you guys, Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, ST, and???.

I unfortunately do not have access to either DK or Nihlius. I am in the process of gearing Tarkin for fleet arena lead, thinking he would probably be the next best in my lineup to fill into that last position. And feedback on this lineup?

Tarkin might work if you can use Shore and Storm to hold off the Rebels long enough to let Tarkin pump up his damage. A zeta Veers should also work pretty well. Snow could also be an option particularly if GK is not present.
  • Options

I actually just tested my zVeers vs. a CLS + R2 + ATF +Leia + Han squad instead of DN as my 5th and it was WAY better on offense. It will be inferior on D I believe to having DN there - but shouldn't be too bad.
  • Options
    9Fingers wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

Problem is that DK's damage bonus on debuffed and Rebel enemies rely on him hitting crits - with all the CLS rebel teams everywhere you'd want to be taking advantage of that. If he's not hitting crits his damage output is pretty poor.

I've got his special crit chance at 37% which isn't great but it means he's hitting 20-30k basics often enough to make it worth it IMO.

Same here. His special critical chance is 38.49% as modded. I hit crits sufficiently frequently for it to be worthwhile.
  • Algeroth
    51 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have almost next zeta and I dont know, where is better to used it. I choose between Thrawn unique (already have leader) and Veers. I plan to use a team consisting of Thrawn, ShT, DT, Veers and Tarkin/ST.
  • Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    I have almost next zeta and I dont know, where is better to used it. I choose between Thrawn unique (already have leader) and Veers. I plan to use a team consisting of Thrawn, ShT, DT, Veers and Tarkin/ST.

If you decide to run 3 imperial troopers then put it on Veers
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Is anyone having good results running Zeers in arena? I'm terrified to run anyone squishy.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried running a high level ISC in a squad or does he just not outperform other characters?

I was thinking of trying this (since I don't have Thrawn):

Krennic (L), Deathtrooper, ISC, Shore/RG, TFP

My Empire team will be my next project after I finish resistance, and I'm for sure using DK + DT, I just don't know what else to put in there.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    From what I have seen, Gar Saxon is your choice if you go for the Supercommando.

Gar (L) + ISC + DT + DK + Shore/Storm/Snow, or Gar (L), Snow, Shore, DT, Veers

Not sure how they fare against the Luke teams, but Gar's counter and assist may even out the field a bit.

Found a vid:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AKqcHXeH78g
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    From what I have seen, Gar Saxon is your choice if you go for the Supercommando.

Not sure how they fare against the Luke teams, but Gar's counter and assist may even out the field a bit.

Found a vid:

@C1pher_Five This is awesome, thanks for the vid. Since I won't have Thrawn (even next time around, I might get him at 5*), would you slot in RG, Shore, TFP, or EP as the 5th?
  • Options
    Onark wrote: »
    Is anyone having good results running Zeers in arena? I'm terrified to run anyone squishy.

With a zeta Thrawn lead and DT / Shore / Storm - yes very good.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

Found a vid:

@C1pher_Five This is awesome, thanks for the vid. Since I won't have Thrawn (even next time around, I might get him at 5*), would you slot in RG, Shore, TFP, or EP as the 5th?

I am also preparing for the next Thrawn event, stockpiling gear.
    If you intend to use a Gar, Krennic, DT, ISC team then I would say either Stormtrooper or Shoretrooper.
    Shore can give health and crit immunity while Storm gives TM reduction and Expose. Maybe Emperor Palpatine can hop in as well.