989 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    thank you leef.
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Sorry, but is someone remember prices for gear in fleet shipments?
    I just try to calculate..
    Now I've got 3XMk 5 Droid caller salvage for 252 Shard tokens
    1 shard = 15 shard token
    252/15 = 16.8 shards
    1 shard in fleet arena costs 80 fleet tokens
    16.8X80 = 1344
    So if my calculations are correct
    3 X mk 5 droid caller salvage = 252 shard token = 1344 fleet token
    so what was the prices for gear in fleet store so I can compare it?

650 for 2

Thank you.
    this means
    1344 / 3 = 448
    448 X 2 = 896
    896 > 650

So I think should end this thread - it is not amazing.

It is not, and there will be more effects not nice for simple progress. But there will be new challange with gear. So maybe it will be better. After a month. We will see, for now i am not happy about this change. Simple

Sorry, but I cannot accept higher prices now for "possible" improvements after month :smile:
    Further more - IMO remove an option (gear from Fleet Store) cannot be improvement - adding an option is improvement :smile:

EDIT: I mean why they don't keep them both? To have gear and shards both in FS and ****
    EDIT2 - **** is Shard Shop (I used just first letters)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The beauty of this change is that you now don't have to close between gear and other valuable items in the fleet store. Personally i'm always low on fleet currency, but never low on currency from any other store. I don't have all the stores maxed, actually, non of them maxed, but the items i can buy in those stores are less valuable for me than the fleet store items.
    I would rather buy 5 fulcrum/rex arc etc etc shards/blueprints than 5 stun gun salvages. However i would not rather buy 15 NS initiate shards (for example) than 5 stun gun salvages.
    Comparing fleet store gear with Exchangible fleet store shards -> shardshop gear isn't a "fair" comparrison, wel atleast not for me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    The beauty of this change is that you now don't have to close between gear and other valuable items in the fleet store. Personally i'm always low on fleet currency, but never low on currency from any other store. I don't have all the stores maxed, actually, non of them maxed, but the items i can buy in those stores are less valuable for me than the fleet store items.
    I would rather buy 5 fulcrum/rex arc etc etc shards/blueprints than 5 stun gun salvages. However i would not rather buy 15 NS initiate shards (for example) than 5 stun gun salvages.
    Comparing fleet store gear with Exchangible fleet store shards -> shardshop gear isn't a "fair" comparrison, wel atleast not for me.

IMO the only correct way is direct comparison and it shows that Shard Shop is more expensive.
    And again - IMO reducing an option cannot be better. Why can't we have all ?
  • Options

This is the point when you have plenty of gw tokens (or don't need them) you can burn them in the shard shop and focus on other stuff in fleet store. But others have to choose now staring up toons they need (or that are useless but needed for platoon battles ^^) and the option to buy gear...

Adding gear to shard shop is not the problem removing it from fleet is as this limits the options for others
  • Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Shard Shop 2.0 is the best if you have all the characters you need maxed out at 7* and can afford to waste Cantina, Arena, Guild and GW currency to convert into shard currency.

I think that's who they are aiming at. The rest of us are supposed to get to work unlocking characters
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Adding gear to shard shop is not the problem removing it from fleet is as this limits the options for others

Yup. This exactly. Terrible change. Not happy at all.
  • Oorun
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oorun wrote: »
    Actually this is a bad thing for both early and end game players,either way you will get less gear for your daily payouts . People already done math. i would support (as any one else), if they keep fleet shipments as usual, and just add gear to shardshop.

can you provide a link to "the math"? I'm too sceptical to take your word for it, but too lazy to do the math myself.

Sure

People said (i don't get reset yet so if i am wrong or get wrong data from this forum correct me ) 5 piece mk5 stun gun is 170 shardshop coins in shard shop. It was 600 ship tokens at fleet store. you can have roughly 112,5 shardshop coins for 600 fleet tokens . so as you can see new prices for cuffs and stun guns are like 1,5 times more expensive.
  • Options
    Corvus wrote: »

This is the point when you have plenty of gw tokens (or don't need them) you can burn them in the shard shop and focus on other stuff in fleet store. But others have to choose now staring up toons they need (or that are useless but needed for platoon battles ^^) and the option to buy gear...

+1
  • Options
    In general, I am all for calling out CG when they do something that is "anti-player" - but, IMHO, this isn't it. At least not initially. The new shard shop has prices that are much better per piece - and that's assuming that all currency is equal value - but it's not. There are a few reason why:

Fleet currency is capped. Other than dailies and fleet arena, there is no way to increase fleet currency. Shard Shop currency is not truly capped - and there are many more ways to obtain extra shards - bronzium pulls, events that give shards for characters you already have maxed, GW drops, obviously "buying" extra shards in any of the other stores, achievements for Vader shards (or, now, TIE Advanced Shards), packs that drop shards for characters you already have (I DON'T recommend this one). That gives you more options - not less.

Fleet currency "should" be used for Zetas. - and possibly the occasional rare ship that appears - Rex's Arc, Scimitar, TIE Advanced, etc. If you are/were using the fleet store to "buy" gear, then you probably don't have enough characters zeta'd. Honestly, the fleet store is one of the least efficient ways to obtain gear.

Fleet store currency for gear is expensive. As many have already noted, the difference in cost is almost 3 to 1 Fleet to Shard Shop currency. And, as already noted above, Fleet store currency should be being used to buy Zetas.

Fleet Store refreshes less often - and costs more to do so. With the rework, the Shard Shop now refreshes every 6 hours and only costs 25 crystals to refresh (the first two times). The point is you are now much more likely to find gear you actually need more often.

For those of you bothered by the change, I guess it must be nice having all of your heroes fully zeta'd that you can spend fleet currency on gear. Or at least have so much of it that you don't mind spending 3 times as much as you could in the new Shard Shop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The new shard shop has prices that are much better per piece - and that's assuming that all currency is equal value

Sorry, but I compare prices above and comparison shows that shard shop is more expensive than Fleet shop
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In general, I am all for calling out CG when they do something that is "anti-player" - but, IMHO, this isn't it. At least not initially. The new shard shop has prices that are much better per piece - and that's assuming that all currency is equal value - but it's not. There are a few reason why:

Fleet currency is capped. Other than dailies and fleet arena, there is no way to increase fleet currency. Shard Shop currency is not truly capped - and there are many more ways to obtain extra shards - bronzium pulls, events that give shards for characters you already have maxed, GW drops, obviously "buying" extra shards in any of the other stores, achievements for Vader shards (or, now, TIE Advanced Shards), packs that drop shards for characters you already have (I DON'T recommend this one). That gives you more options - not less.

Fleet currency "should" be used for Zetas. - and possibly the occasional rare ship that appears - Rex's Arc, Scimitar, TIE Advanced, etc. If you are/were using the fleet store to "buy" gear, then you probably don't have enough characters zeta'd. Honestly, the fleet store is one of the least efficient ways to obtain gear.

Fleet store currency for gear is expensive. As many have already noted, the difference in cost is almost 3 to 1 Fleet to Shard Shop currency. And, as already noted above, Fleet store currency should be being used to buy Zetas.

Fleet Store refreshes less often - and costs more to do so. With the rework, the Shard Shop now refreshes every 6 hours and only costs 25 crystals to refresh (the first two times). The point is you are now much more likely to find gear you actually need more often.

For those of you bothered by the change, I guess it must be nice having all of your heroes fully zeta'd that you can spend fleet currency on gear. Or at least have so much of it that you don't mind spending 3 times as much as you could in the new Shard Shop.

I'm sitting on 115 Zeta mats with nowhere I want to spend them. I can't gear up characters fast enough to get them to a point where I want to Zeta them. Taking away my choice to buy cuffs, and guns from fleet shop crippled my gear farming. Cuffs and Guns were the only gear worth buying in the fleet store, but the price was fantastic. I hate this change, and disagree with you completely.

Edit: Here is an example of why gear is was worth it to me. I want to put a Zeta on Jyn's lead. To do that I need to gear up 5 characters. As horrible as the drops for Zetas are from the challenge, I could nearly get 20 from just that while trying to gear up the entire R1 squad. I would have bought cuffs and guns until their gear was maxed while buying the gold pieces for crystals, and farming more cuffs/guns with all my energy. Then when the gear was finished I could switch to buying Zetas.

I could do this even while buying rare ships and characters. They are so rare that I accumulate fleet currency even while buying 6+ rare characters and ships every single time I saw them. And since I've been buying ships since November of last year I had finished several. Fleet currency was actually piling up faster than I could spend it. So taking it away is infuriating. You could choose to spend it only on Zetas or ships before. My preferred choice has been taken away.

And I don't like the replacement. It's not a bad way to spend wasted shards. But I'd rather have that currency to get amazing hard node only characters like Nihilus when they come out that would otherwise be 6 month single hard node farms. Also I've not yet seen cuffs or guns in my store after a couple refreshes. It won't help me to farm gear faster if they never pop up. That's another way it's bottlenecks in an unfavorable way to players.
    Post edited by JacenRoe on
  • Options
    JackSnipey wrote: »
    Kick in the teeth for people who farmed the hard way.

Why exactly? You already got him at 7*, how does making him more available hurt you exactly?
  • Options
    Waez wrote: »

Why exactly? You already got him at 7*, how does making him more available hurt you exactly?

Cause other people will get him faster!

Actually I'm all for speeding up new players gearing and expanding their rooster. They need a slight boost to that process. Especially if we want them to help with tb.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The new shard shop has prices that are much better per piece - and that's assuming that all currency is equal value

Sorry, but I compare prices above and comparison shows that shard shop is more expensive than Fleet shop

@pargame Your math is flawed. 6 stun cuff salvage in the Shard Shop is now 186 (that's 31 Shard currency per salvage). In fleet, 5 stun cuff salvage was 600 (as per Leef's pic) that's 120 currency per salvage piece. I fail to understand how 120 is a "better deal" than 31. Similar situations exist regarding mk5 stun guns. Those are the two gear pieces that a majority of players are short.

And again, that's operating under the presumption that all currencies are equal. Fleet currency, since it is the ONLY way to buy Zeta, is more valuable in my opinion. I don't care if I have two options if one of them is always bad.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Man, this thread really makes me want the up vote and down vote buttons back.
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Yes yes yes but a 1% hike in price is nothing if AP are available in GW shop like they were during tourneys...(i belive it was 15k AP for 2000 GW shop currency) at that point shard shop currency can be earned at a far faster AND greater rate than fleet currency... making the 1% price hike irrelevant like 100 tie fighters vs. 10 X-wings. Sure X-wings are better but tie fighters can be produced ten times faster.

I'll never buy AP, I guarante you that. I didn't do that on the tournaments why would I do now? To get low level gear I have by the thousands? Or maybe 1 shard of a toon which gives me 15 shard shop tokens?

Check the shard shop. More than low level gear. Stun cuffs, yellow gear 11 pieces, you name it. It's decent value, too.
  • Options

So you're against newly released pay toons ever being put in stores, shipments or nodes? Because it's a kick in the teeth to the people who farmed them the hard way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

IMO the only correct way is direct comparison and it shows that Shard Shop is more expensive.
    And again - IMO reducing an option cannot be better. Why can't we have all ?

I don't know why we can't have both, that for sure would have been the most player friendly adjustment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I hate the change. I've not seen any useful gear in my Shard stores yet. Even if there is I'd rather save it for a really good single hard node toon (5-6 month farm) like Nihilus. And you can add all the gear you want to in the Shard store. That doesn't mean taking away my choice to spend fleet currency on gear was a good thing. Fleet store was the best source of cuffs and guns in the game. I'm very disappointed. Terrible change.

Yep. Why did they have to remove gear from fleet to put it in shard shop? Why not have both?
    It is obviously in their favour to do so, not ours.

They should apologise to us. Which will never happen.
  • Options

@pargame Your math is flawed. 6 stun cuff salvage in the Shard Shop is now 186 (that's 31 Shard currency per salvage). In fleet, 5 stun cuff salvage was 600 (as per Leef's pic) that's 120 currency per salvage piece. I fail to understand how 120 is a "better deal" than 31. Similar situations exist regarding mk5 stun guns. Those are the two gear pieces that a majority of players are short.

And again, that's operating under the presumption that all currencies are equal. Fleet currency, since it is the ONLY way to buy Zeta, is more valuable in my opinion. I don't care if I have two options if one of them is always bad.

I think what the idea is... "No matter what, I'm not buying zetas with fleet currency, because I need gear; therefore, now that I can't buy gear from fleet shop, I'll buy ship shards to convert to shard shop currency, and then buy the gear I need from shard shop. In this scenario, I lose out because the translation from fleet shop currency to shard shop currency is too costly. "

In my situation in the game ( and yours) , I only buy zetas from fleet shop, so I don't personally identify with their problems.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options

Its all about the conversion: You get 15 shard shop currency for one Character shard (converting character shards is the only way to get shard shop currency), so you would need roughly 13 shards to get said 186 shard shop currency.

now for 400 fleet token you get 5 character shards, for the 13 shards needed you would need to spend rougly 1000 fleet tokens (technically you have to spent 1200 for 15 shards...). I hope my math is right here... :D
  • Options

1. It is not cheaper, 36% more.
    2. Fleet currency was for everything that was in the shop. We could decide what we need. Now it is limited. No more gear.
    3. Gear from shard shop open for trading good idea but very limited for many players. That is all about.
    4. If there will be hardware for ships and fleet currency will be used to buy this the same story will come back.
    5. Players didnt have to choose beetween farming toons or exchange shards to gear toons, now it is dillemma. The same story as with fleet currency. Doesnt apply to players with full toons from the stores full of tokens.
    6. I do play this game and i know how much shards i am getting from bronzium, from events. It was 250 shard currency for 2 or 3 days. Now I need to add this to shard shop currency achieved from fleet store shards to have my 10 pieces of stun cuffs. Not improvment for me.
    Cheers
  • Options
    This update signals to me that they want to frustrate the F2P or occasional spender player to either start spending (which no one will) or quit the game.

It is so backwards and lazy that their solution for more gear is to spend tokens on duplicate characters to convert into shard tokens instead of coming up with better drop rates, update the gear challenges or create new challenges or make the raids have better payouts.

This is a giant middle finger to the F2P player or just a terrible business plan.

My opinion.

Your opinion is shared.
  • DanTastix_1
    284 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sorry I misread it
  • Options
    4 refreshes and

Guns: 0
    Cuffs: 0
    Carbanti: 1

A couple other lower tier gear I needed were way overpriced, 2-3 items were the 2,000+ already have gear like the MK4 guns and fake carbantis.

Starting to feel like when the grocery store advertises $0.99 eggs, limit 1 per customer per day.
  • Options
    I think it's step one of a 2 part plan to reduce the demands on ship currency. In the end it will work out better.