• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

:open_mouth: how? He easily replaces JE

Yea he replaces one of the worst characters in the game... He's ok just not legendary. Cls one shots him, he doesn't have the survivability to make Droids relevant again. Not that excited to get him anymore tbf.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

Yea he replaces one of the worst characters in the game... He's ok just not legendary. Cls one shots him, he doesn't have the survivability to make Droids relevant again. Not that excited to get him anymore tbf.

CLS can one shot pretty much anyone though. And did you put the omega on Covert Data Transfer to give him the taunt? Because I don't plan on giving him that.
  • Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

CLS can one shot pretty much anyone though. And did you put the omega on Covert Data Transfer to give him the taunt? Because I don't plan on giving him that.

I'm basing it off mobilegamers YouTube video. I wasn't too impressed with bb8. I'll have to try it out on my own to really see how good he is. Probably a good idea with the taunt, I'll test that before using the omega.
  • Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

I'm basing it off mobilegamers YouTube video. I wasn't too impressed with bb8. I'll have to try it out on my own to really see how good he is. Probably a good idea with the taunt, I'll test that before using the omega.

Well I don't think anyone expected them to be able to beat the best team in arena right now. But I think they can pretty easily get top 20 on most shards, at least for me,or at the bare minimum top 50. Han will definitely be one of the hardest characters to deal with if he's behind a taunter, but otherwise it shouldn't be that hard (although some teams will just be impossible). And one problem with the team that MobileGamer faced was that the enemy didn't have any AOE effects, so BB-8 never counter attacked (except from 1 or 2 insane hits from Han or CLS) and therefore never took much advantage of his unique ability. If the enemy had more AOE's then R2 could have stunned more of them and then maybe BB-8 could've used Illuminated Destiny. Basically what I'm saying is that he faced the hardest possible team you could have faced and pretty much every other team will be a more favorable matchup.
  • Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

BB8 has 55k ehp before mods.... probably 80k ehp after. CLS can one shot him? Your CLS must be a lot different than mine!
  • Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

Just watched MG video - he won the matchup vs. a GK / Zarriss team pretty convincingly. These are also elite test accounts - there will be more wiggle room in matchups where you have a mod advantage or different variations of the CLS setup.
  • Options
    Well, bb8 is garbage.

Just watched MG video - he won the matchup vs. a GK / Zarriss team pretty convincingly. These are also elite test accounts - there will be more wiggle room in matchups where you have a mod advantage or different variations of the CLS setup.

Yep, like I said that's probably the hardest CLS lead team out there for droids due to Han being in it.
  • Options
    On MobileGamer's video bb8 died after a Raid Han attack followed up by a GK assist all hit him. Pretty much anybody would die to that if they didn't have Zarriss backing them up.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm from a Jan '17 shard, so never got to farm droids. I only have a maxed R2 and G9/8 IG88, B2. But I'll be getting a 7* BB8. You guys think this is a good time to work on HK?
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    dz8gFCk.png
    Did a lot better than I expected against most teams. Biggest problem was teams with raid Han. Ran hk, 88, b2, r2. R2 and 88 are g12. Currently have bb8 g11 double zeta. This is on a Nov 15 shard.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darthbtinks/
  • Options
    dz8gFCk.png
    Did a lot better than I expected against most teams. Biggest problem was teams with raid Han. Ran hk, 88, b2, r2. R2 and 88 are g12. Currently have bb8 g11 double zeta. This is on a Nov 15 shard.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darthbtinks/

Nice. That's right where I expected you would get to :)
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't suppose anyone has tried CLS(L), R2, K2, Chopper, (Cassian/Ezra/BB8) in a team? I was slowly working towards this, but would love to hear feedback before sinking more resources into it. Yes, I realize this only works if an opponent can be annoyed into submission... but maybe?

(Related question: does Chopper's cooldown-reduction-on-basic potentially reduce his own cooldowns? If he's the only Phoenix squad toon?)
    Post edited by Calx on
  • Options
    I'll be able to unlock BB-8 tomorrow :) Then soon after I can get back to top 20 in arena .
    Calx wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone has tried CLS(L), R2, K2, Chopper, (Cassian/Ezra/BB8) in a team? I was slowly working towards this, but would love to hear feedback before sinking more resources into it. Yes, I realize this only works if an opponent can be annoyed into submission... but maybe?

(Related question: does Chopper's cooldown-reduction-on-basic potentially reduce his own cooldowns? If he's the only Phoenix squad toon?)

Personally I wouldn't call that a "Droid Team". I would call it a "CLS lead with rebel droids". I doubt it would be any good past 150 in arena unless your CLS and R2 can carry the team on your shard. You'd be better off using CLS with other rebels like Han, Wiggs, Leia and R2 instead of other droids (except R2 cause he's also a rebel).

As for Chopper I don't think it affects him because when I use him in Territory Battles I never notice a cooldown reduction on his stuff.
  • Options
    It should affect chopper. It doesn't say "other" allies.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm not in a position to hoard gear up yet. I don't spend it haphazardly in any sense of the word. I just have too many undergeared teams at the moment. So I do end up holding on to some gear, just not enough to run someone to tier 11 right away.

I never have purple ability mats. I'm always having to level some team or another to keep up with what CG/EA keeps throwing at me. They do it often enough that I am currently sitting on 54 zeta mats, and usually sit on about 15-20 omegas.

To get to the point. I have a 7* BB8 now, but he's only G9, and no abilities really. I'm thinking about 3 weeks to get him up to par with abilities.

Going to try out my theorycrafted team on a few node 12 CLS GWar teams and if it works well enough, I will be back to droids soon enough.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I got rank 16 at my arena payout today. Recently I would need to be very lucky to break top 40. I could have possibly gotten higher but I already refreshed 3 times lol (I was around rank 80 before). I lost against a maul team because I used B2 instead of subbing in Kenobi, but then I won easily after that. Against CLS lead, if they have Raid Han you need to hope that they stun HK, B2 or BB-8. If he stuns R2 or 88 it won't end well. But basically you need to survive long enough to use Illuminated Destiny, so don't use an AOE against rebels if your character isn't stealthed. Make sure to stun any cleansers, Biggs, R2 and CLS with your R2. In some matchups it might be better to substitute in Kenobi for B2, I still have to test that more. Also it might be useful to substitute in Grievous for 88 since he can't be countered on his basic attack, but his other abilities still suck.
  • Options
    Today I got rank 10 at payout. I used 1 refresh since I went down to 55 overnight. Could've gotten to rank 8 but since it doesn't reward anymore crystals than rank 10 I did the Lab Report for my Chem Lab lol.
  • Options
    Today I got rank 10 at payout. I used 1 refresh since I went down to 55 overnight. Could've gotten to rank 8 but since it doesn't reward anymore crystals than rank 10 I did the Lab Report for my Chem Lab lol.

Are you linked to swgoh.gg?
  • Options

Are you linked to swgoh.gg?

yup. last 2 days haven't updated yet though. https://swgoh.gg/u/strikebomb/
  • Options
    We're poised to see some NS rework and I'm guessing the familiar foe would none other be GG and the separatist droids, seeing that Dooku and sidious already had their rework with the sith faction pass.

Fingers crossed :innocent:
  • Options
    DanielOng wrote: »
    We're poised to see some NS rework and I'm guessing the familiar foe would none other be GG and the separatist droids, seeing that Dooku and sidious already had their rework with the sith faction pass.

Fingers crossed :innocent:

I'm hoping that too :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Calx wrote: »

Weeks ago I saw a post including video of a guy able to take first with CLS, R2, K2, Cassian and raid Han. It seemed to work great for him.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Whatever you do don't Omega his secret Intel ability for the taunt. Completely and utterly ruined mine and im forever stuck with it....
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Whatever you do don't Omega his secret Intel ability for the taunt. Completely and utterly ruined mine and im forever stuck with it....

Ouch. That sucks real bad. It's good in theory, but he just doesn't have enough health to support having a taunt. If he was a tank and had the same health than someone like Kenobi then it would be great, but unfortunately for us, he doesn't
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out if its better to use BB-8's basic attack every turn, or if its better to just use covert data transfer every turn. If you use his basic attack you'll do more damage overall, inflict more tenacity down and therefore land a lot more debuffs, but on the downside you take longer for Illuminated Destiny. Another thing to note is that BB-8 is insanely fast so although he only does 8-10k on a basic attack he attacks really fast so it adds up and you will kill an enemy sooner rather than waiting for illuminated destiny to save you most of the time. On the other hand using covert data transfer allow you to shave off 1-3 turns on Illuminated Destiny, but until then you'll be lacking an ally for the most part(basically its like having JE on your team again) and you'll be taking more damage. But when you do get to use Illuminated Destiny its rare that the enemy can come back from it.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's not a full droid team, but it's a start. R2 and BB8 are quite the pair in many meta squads.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/136378/bb8-arena-fun-videos-against-various-meta-teams

Might try one of these variations, and swap out one more toon for a majority droid squad. Just a siggestion.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    It's not a full droid team, but it's a start. R2 and BB8 are quite the pair in many meta squads.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/136378/bb8-arena-fun-videos-against-various-meta-teams

Might try one of these variations, and swap out one more toon for a majority droid squad. Just a siggestion.

GET THAT ABOMINATION OUT OF MY SIGHT! ITS CLS LEAD WITH DROIDS! DISGUSTING!
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Luke loves droids. Anakin and Luke were genius level tinkerers. It fits the lore ;)
  • Options

Luke loves droids. Anakin and Luke were genius level tinkerers. It fits the lore ;)

Yeah, but CLS lead is why droids suck right now. If it wasn't for him I would be #1 in my arena :/ Everyone in top 75 on my shard uses CLS lead with 4 rebels. I wish people would use ackbar lead that some people are saying is better lol.