Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Can we stop with all the bashing and flaming talk people really want to know if this promo still work and how to get it. Most people who interested in the promo is looking for that info.
  • Options
    I heard about the " more free gifts for Google players" announcement.
    Along with k2s0 last year. Really !?

How crazy unfair is this
    What is wrong with you people?
    Did no one think this will bring the hate to your decision makers
    It's already all over Reddit
  • Options
    Google is paying for this promotion. Go be mad at Apple for not valuing you.

• Options
    Can we stop with all the bashing and flaming talk people really want to know if this promo still work and how to get it. Most people who interested in the promo is looking for that info.

Agreed. I just want to know if the promo applies to cards bought at Walmart only. I bought a $50 Google Play card at Kroger yesterday and didn't receive the promo. @CG_Kozispoon
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    I just want to know if the promo applies to cards bought at Walmart only. I bought a $50 Google Play card at Kroger yesterday and didn't receive the promo. @CG_Kozispoon

Hope you didn't do this thinking you'd get the same deal.
  • Options

Agreed. I just want to know if the promo applies to cards bought at Walmart only. I bought a $50 Google Play card at Kroger yesterday and didn't receive the promo. @CG_Kozispoon

I bought $10 X 4 at walmart.com online 3 work 4th didn't.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    85b389cc92c72b9f50e1cfbcbc0140c300354233_hq.gif

• Options

A very easy statement to make when you are the beneficiary of such an unbalanced promotion.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This is not a blame Apple situation. It most definitely is a blame CG/EA problem. As a top level marketing person, I can assure you of that.

That said, this is one of the most unbalancing and unfair promotions I have seen in this game yet. Within my community of players at least two dozen who use iOS are already talking of leaving the game as a result.

In a game where the entire basis of significant reward gain is from competitive arena, fleet arena and, soon, guild vs guild, this is unheard of. That fact that you can stack the google cards over and over to maximize crystals is even more disturbing. Basically, Android users are getting a MASSIVE advantage from what would cost iOS users $100's to offset.

It is not fair at all and it's the mouth of fools who would argue it is in anyway.

This is bad marketing, plain and simple.

Again..this is a business model that exists for many many games and many many businesses. Apple is welcome to do the same it has before in this game and in other games.
  • Options

A very easy statement to make when you are the beneficiary of such an unbalanced promotion.

Blame Apple.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Apple user here. It's not CG/EA that's hating on Apple, it's Apple hating on us. Sadly I can't swap my Apple account to Google.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Again..this is a business model that exists for many many games and many many businesses.

Um, the business model does not usually work like this.

Most game models are based on exclusivity of content or pre-emptive access to it. Not massive bonuses that directly affect the pay to win model (which is what swgoh uses).

There are very few _competitive_ games that would give such a massive advantage to a platform. Most would simply say something like 'play the new k2so character first on Android!' (but not make the toon free, just make it available there first). That is a good promo because they still pay the same for the benefits but just have an opportunity to get them sooner.

This is much much different.
  • Buffbeardo
    253 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Crowtalker wrote: »
    I heard about the " more free gifts for Google players" announcement.
    Along with k2s0 last year. Really !?

How crazy unfair is this
    What is wrong with you people?
    Did no one think this will bring the hate to your decision makers
    It's already all over Reddit

Life is unfair. Buy a helmet. I am iOS btw.
  • Options
    This is way different then the K2SO situation, this is a promotion on the sale of Google giftcards outside of the game so I don't understand how this falls on CG
  • Vulture_droid
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No one would call coke and complain to them that walmart is selling their 2 liters on a BOGO and target is not. The logical thing would be to ask target if they have a similar promo. I hope this analogy makes sense.
    If you look at the perspective of how few people are taking advantage of this, and what the REALISTIC difference it will make in gameFOR MOST PLAYERS, you will see how silly this all is.
    The fact that no one has actually contacted apple about the promo shows how unimportant it is.
    If this is just an excuse to raise pitchforks i totally get that too, but please point them in the right direction.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Again..this is a business model that exists for many many games and many many businesses.

Most game models are based on exclusivity of content or pre-emptive access to it. Not massive bonuses that directly affect the pay to win model (which is what swgoh uses).

There are very few _competitive_ games that would give such a massive advantage to a platform. Most would simply say something like 'play the new k2so character first on Android!' (but not make the toon free, just make it available there first). That is a good promo because they still pay the same for the benefits but just have an opportunity to get them sooner.

Nope:

Lando was given to iOS players for free as was Bistan.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22249/instructions-for-free-lando-for-ios

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5i9fxi/free_bistan_pack_character_ship/

Some games have characters exclusively available to iOS/Android users.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/17611081144

https://www.reddit.com/r/FuturamaWOTgame/comments/6m4cx6/i_think_its_unfair_that_only_ios_users_can_get/

Samsung also had a starter pack for users for its products previously

http://www.craniumcode.com/app-guides/get-a-free-samsung-pack-in-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-android

And I have said repeatedly...there were Google Play promo reward for Clash Royale and the Transformer game a few months back.

This is actually much less than that...it is essentially giving Android player like $50 worth of benefits. But exclusive characters are much more difficult to overcome...imagine if DV or CLS were locked to one platform.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/****-itunes-offer/pcmcat1501791260059.c?id=pcmcat1501791260059
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    OMG I’m running out of popcorn here
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    No one would call coke and complain to them that walmart is selling their 2 liters on a BOGO and target is not. The logical thing would be to ask target if they have a similar promo. I hope this analogy makes sense.
    If you look at the perspective of how few people are taking advantage of this, and what the REALISTIC difference it will make in gameFOR MOST PLAYERS, you will see how silly this all is.
    The fact that no one has actually contacted apple about the promo shows how unimportant it is.
    If this is just an excuse to raise pitchforks i totally get that too.

Torchforks are fine...just make sure you know the right party to direct it too.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

My response got eaten but what you say is just not true. iOS players received Lando and Bistan for free previously. Many other games make certain characters exclusive to certain platform, both iOS and Android. There are plenty of promotion for both Google and Apple to give you extra gems or free characters when you buy a Google Play/iTune card. They ran promos for Clashe Royale and the Transformers game for Google play cards and they are still running an iTunes card offer for Clash of Clans.
  • Options

It only works w Walmart or Walmart.com
  • Options

What is the advantage again rey is all ready available she is one of a hundred characters. She is available free u just have to farm her. Yes the business model or in this case the promotional model works think every free exclusive character available in pre orders in consoles and pc games or consoles exclusive games. Even w k2so he was eventually available ftp didn't tip the scales of balance in the game one bi.
  • Options
    Yeah, I bought gas today. After my purchase, I drove by a different gas station that was selling gas cheaper. I feel so ANGRY and CHEATED! Sarcasm intended.
  • Options
    @devs I will happily pay for a pack similar in price for iOS.

The 330 shards is like 5k points worth. Which is like 150 stun cuffs.

Again, I will happily pay for a 10/20/50 pack of similar value quite easily.
  • Options
    Wow....some more nonsense...
  • Options
    gingerbread.png
  • Options
    With the dev update saying it's a worldwide promotion with selected retailers, could we get a list of these retailers so we actually know where we can take part in it?
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see anywhere they state purchase in usd
    I called and emailed them EA let's see how long they take to fix this
    Any other advise would be appreciated
    I checked my Google play and nothing
  • Options

My response got eaten but what you say is just not true. iOS players received Lando and Bistan for free previously. Many other games make certain characters exclusive to certain platform, both iOS and Android. There are plenty of promotion for both Google and Apple to give you extra gems or free characters when you buy a Google Play/iTune card. They ran promos for Clashe Royale and the Transformers game for Google play cards and they are still running an iTunes card offer for Clash of Clans.

Donny forget about wedge, iOS also got wedge, android got Biggs. Wedge formed the basis of a meta that reigned for 6+ months & couldn't even be farmed by android at the time until level 60+... this deal is crystals, credits, and shard ship currency but not helping android run a meta for the next half year. IOS users should suck it up, it's Apple to blame, or yourselves. Apple knows its users are committed to their product. It builds its product so as to limit them to only other Apple products for compatibility. Clearly they're aware of their customer base.
  • Options
    So nothing for IOS users. That's cold hearted
  • Options
    Im an IOS user and just spent 100 dollars (maybe an hour ago?) supporting this game. Ive spent well over a $1000.00 since I started playing 10 months ago.

If this was available for IOS I would literally buy it as many times as possible (I've heard 3 times is the max) and and then use the IOS gift cards to buy even more crystals.

With the shard shop currency and crystals, I'm viewing this as basically a free 150 dollars worth of stuff for android users. Thats pretty significant. Will it stop me from being able to beat everyone in my arena every day, or affect my game play in any meaningful way? No.

But its annoying. It devalues my investment into the game. Will I quit? No. Will I consider going F2P? No.

But I'm annoyed. And an unhappy customer is bad for business. There needs to be some sort of IOS exclusive to balance this out. Fair is fair.
This discussion has been closed.