5* Dooku Demo

Replies

• Options
    dooku at 4-5 star might be fine but maxed out dooku at 7 star is just shy of of 11k hps. That is a lot considering his speed and stun and makes it hard to simply burn him down.
  • Options
    Dooku OP? He gets his lightning off, maybe gets 1 stun, very unlikely 2, and does average damage. Then you can either leave him alone, in which case he does minimal damage(2 dooku attacks arent even worth 1 attack by many chars) or you can OHKO him with a Geo/IG86/QGJ spec.

• Options
    @Qeltar totally RNG being not on my side. He seemed to get four attacks for every one of mine.

Not saying it happens all the time. In fact I've never had such a crazy fight.

Some well times deflection or dodge. Combined with bad luck. It happened though.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Your OP doesn't actually have any useful information. It says Dooku killed your full health Kylo and Sid, but not how he did it.
    Since most people's experiences suggest that what you are saying is not possible, you aren't going to get very far without explaining step by step how this happened. Since Kylo has the ability to get his own counter, and twice as much health as Dooku, and is not a Jedi, AND has a special ability with a big damage boost when he's hurt... it doesn't add up.

The simple explanation is that it didn't happen. Well....at least the part about a Dooku, five levels lower than his toons, singlehandedly taking out a full health 6* level 70 Kylo and Sid. I have no doubt he lost.
  • kickn4fun
    70 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I had a Dooku destroy my team, 2 different days by the same guy. He has Phasma as lead, so Dooku gets assists. I was hit by Dooku '8' times in a row. Of course, there was a few others attack me, but Dooku got assists every time. So he went 8 times before I got a turn... Dooku killed 2 of my guys before I get a turn.

That's not OP?
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LOL, just LOL. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

For me to believe that you're not stretching the truth here, I'd need nothing less than video evidence of what supposedly happened. That's how impossible it is to believe.

When I first started, I agreed with you. I wanted Dooku nerfed, because his counter was so powerful. Since then, I've learned a great deal about the game, and I've gotten to the point where I'm finishing GW every day, and regularly land inside the top 20 in the Arena, if not the top 10.

I'm not saying this to brag, only to qualify my opinion on the matter. He's not OP. He's actually been subject to a few stealth nerfs, over time. He used to be able to do up to 3 attacks at a time, and now he's capped at 2, for instance. And I'm not talking about his counter + bonus + regular, but flat out 3 hits before it's his turn.

His CC and damage potential are both quite impressive, but he doesn't have a ton of HP, especially when compared to someone like Kylo. If you have a stunner, like Daka for example, he is CAKE to defeat. Compare this to someone like Poe pre-update, where even teams that had characters on the list of "counters" to Poe still couldn't reliably beat him without bring a Poe along themselves.

So to sum it all up, you have no idea what you're talking about when you beg for a nerf to Dooku. Also, your arena rank is like what, 50? Get out of here.
    kickn4fun wrote: »
    I had a Dooku destroy my team, 2 different days by the same guy. He has Phasma as lead, so Dooku gets assists. I was hit by Dooku '8' times in a row. Of course, there was a few others attack me, but Dooku got assists every time. So he went 8 times before I got a turn... Dooku killed 2 of my guys before I get a turn.

That's not OP?

That's not OP, that's RNG. Phasma's assist chance for a non-FO hero is 18%. Face that same team over longer periods of time, and you'll see how vulnerable such a team is to RNGesus.
  • Options
    No one said anything about a nerf. But as usual your not commenting on content.
  • Options
    step 1: Level Geonosian Soldier
    step 2: Target Dooku with aformentioned Geonosian Soldier
    step 3: Win
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

You left it implicit. Why else post a complaint thread? And speaking of content, did you miss this part:
    He used to be able to do up to 3 attacks at a time, and now he's capped at 2, for instance. And I'm not talking about his counter + bonus + regular, but flat out 3 hits before it's his turn.

His CC and damage potential are both quite impressive, but he doesn't have a ton of HP, especially when compared to someone like Kylo. If you have a stunner, like Daka for example, he is CAKE to defeat. Compare this to someone like Poe pre-update, where even teams that had characters on the list of "counters" to Poe still couldn't reliably beat him without bring a Poe along themselves.

Care to respond to any of that?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    You left it implicit. Why else post a complaint thread?

Pretty much. You don't create a thread full of exaggerations and hyperbole while declaring something "broken" and not expressly imply nerf.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just expressing what happened.

****..ume all you like from your perceived implications.

@MeetraSurik I don't bother responding to your comments at all. Yours is a name along with @Telaan that I skip over here.

As you were boys.
  • Options
    Just expressing what happened.

****..ume all you like from your perceived implications.

@MeetraSurik I don't bother responding to your comments at all. Yours is a name along with @Telaan that I skip over here.

As you were boys.

55424578.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not saying this to brag, only to qualify my opinion on the matter. He's not OP. He's actually been subject to a few stealth nerfs, over time. He used to be able to do up to 3 attacks at a time, and now he's capped at 2, for instance. And I'm not talking about his counter + bonus + regular, but flat out 3 hits before it's his turn.
    Just as an aside, I don't think this is actually the case. I had an enemy Dooku do this to me yesterday. He was hit by an assist, countered attacker #1, countered attacker #2, then went back and hit #1 again, and it was not his turn. Of course his bar fills quickly and it's hard to be sure but I'm pretty sure his bar was still full after this happened.

At any rate, this whole story is bunk as far as I can tell.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Dooku is overrated.
  • Options
    Just as an aside, I don't think this is actually the case. I had an enemy Dooku do this to me yesterday. He was hit by an assist, countered attacker #1, countered attacker #2, then went back and hit #1 again, and it was not his turn. Of course his bar fills quickly and it's hard to be sure but I'm pretty sure his bar was still full after this happened.

Yep that happens pretty much all the time, have him at 7* (not that it matters) and the second attack on attacker#1 is the bonus attack, so he can attack pretty much attack 5 times back-to-back provided his turn-meter fills with those counters.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dooku is useless, buff him please!! No but really OP stop making stuff up. My dooku dies if 3 toons hit him with normals. Geo, rey, IGbots and fotp 1 shot him so I have no idea what you are talking about. That scenario is filled with flaws to begin with. Full hp Sid and kylo should have no trouble killing dooku. Heck kylo his outrage deals 12k damage when he is below 50% hp and he has 15.8k health vs dooku 10k (mine is 6*).
    Sorry to say but you're either just bad or making stuff up.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options

Right. In your example, he got a total of 1 bonus attack, when he hit attacker #1. What I was referring to was when he would counter attack, then get two bonus attacks, on the same person. That definitely doesn't happen any more.
  • Options
    Its funny cause you guys keep saying hes Op or attacking "8" times in a row but where is the proof? Ive had dooku since the $5 deal and hes is well balanced.

-Hes pretty easy to kill

-Doesnt have high attack

-His stun pretty much only hits a jedi (and even then im unlucky cause mine doesnt do that often)

-I dont like his leader ability because it seems useless( i just feel it doesnt work)

-His counter attack is the only good thing going for him... if it got lower or nerfed he would lose his uniqueness and be useless
  • Options
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Its funny cause you guys keep saying hes Op or attacking "8" times in a row but where is the proof? Ive had dooku since the $5 deal and hes is well balanced.

-Hes pretty easy to kill

-Doesnt have high attack

-His stun pretty much only hits a jedi (and even then im unlucky cause mine doesnt do that often)

-I dont like his leader ability because it seems useless( i just feel it doesnt work)

-His counter attack is the only good thing going for him... if it got lower or nerfed he would lose his uniqueness and be useless
    For me, Dooku has 1 function: stun opponents lumi (or qgj) in first turn. And this way, he wins battles for me, because when lumi is not able to heal in the first round, 1 or even 2 of the opponents characters wont see the 2nd round.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    No one said anything about a nerf.
    No, of course not. Just a highly biased thread, with an anecdote that anyone with any knowledge of the game and meaningful arena experience knows it's a plain lie or a very very incomplete story.

Dooku is decent in two conditions only:
    1 - Against a heavy jedi team
    2 - Against an AI controlled team of low damage/ spam aoe

He does well against AI (because there's usual atleast a jedi luminara to stun on first round) and they do not focus him effectively, triggering his counter. He's terrible on defense though, against enemies with a brain.

He's far from OP and from the feats you claim. There's no way a dooku could ever beat an equally matched kylo ren, outside of obvious team composition improvements and targetting mistakes by the enemy.

As for playing against Dooku you seem to be struggling, so here's an idea:

I've had most success with the following
    1 - Attack every other squishy first (high priority targets), unless there's an opportunity for instakill on a weakened Dooku
    2 - Do not AOE (the meta favours single target burst anyway) in the start of the fight
    3 - Once the high priority targets are dead, you can hit dooku with either:
    - a stun from a high hp hero (fishing for a proc to burn him while he cant counter)
    - a very high damage ability (like luminara's ability block)

I prefer the second method (less RNG than fishing for stuns, if i crit on damage, i usually 1 shot that clown).
    I havent had trouble with dooku since i was about level 40-50 and still learning the basics of the game. And as i climbed arena ranks, i stopped seeing him (i hover around rank 120-90 atm and almost never see him, at level 69).
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    I find it amusing that you'd create this thread, which is full of exaggeration and hyperbole, after all the hardcore raging you've done about the Poe nerf. After all the accusations of people not knowing how to play or adapt. After all the posturing and accusations that only f2p would call for a nerf.
    It is actually the reason he did. He now tries to convince people that other chars, like Dooku, are as powerful as old meta Poe.

He is obviously wrong, Dooku doesn't even live in the same galaxy of power than old Meta-Defining-Poe did. But to each with his own.

I find a little bit strange that the 8th worst basic damage attack in the game (2181 basic damage, right between Old Daka and the uber powerful Jedi Knight Guardian) can take down two fully healed characters with more stars than him, by himself, with no help. Specially when one of them is quite tanky and has retaliation and the other one self-heal by different methods, both do more damage than him, and both have more health than a 5* dooku, who has 8700 health at best with gear 8 (which a lvl 65 player probably can't even get yet as has not unlocked all missions). A 6* Kylo and a 6* Sid will have 14500 and 8700 health, which means they combine for near triple his health.

But whatever.
  • Options
    I run Dooku 6* in my main squad. Been doing it since 3*, when he dropped from Bronzium. Before I got him I also thought he was OP as I had no idea how to counter him. Once I started using him I started seeing all the flaws and weaknesses. As others said he is probably most balanced (and most fun) char in the game because he makes us think.
    Either way, even with 6* Dooku, what OP described is not possible without many Phasma (and other) assist calls. Even then Ren cannot be simply taken out by him. Ever.
    Speaking of overpowered ... Last night a 4* Rey one-shot my near max gear 7* Lumi. Dooku is nothing.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    This thread makes me lol

Oh the seething rage... Let the hate flow through you.

.... Lol
  • Kaninchen
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    First of all, I have nothing against you and don't like trolling, so you don't think I'm raging or something.

But you are wrong. I run Kylo AND Sid and never had a problem with Dooku.

In fact, I usually use them both to take out Dooku, as Sid basic with heal immunity + Kylo's Outrage usually nearly kill him (if Kylo is under 50%, it usually indeed kill him). And my Kylo and Sid are lvl 67 and I'm talking about the lvl 70 Dookus I face in arena every day.

He is annoying (oh God, I hate when he counters twice and then hits twice in his turn), but even in this case he's not nearly OP.

Not even with Phasma. I prefer facing a Phasma + Dooku team a hundred times than a Phasma + Kylo one (or FOTP, or FOO).

Edit: typos.
  • Options
    Harmson wrote: »
    yeah, dooku seems like the #1 offender for a lot of people. they should have thought about his 100% counter during creation. maybe if he counters 100% after his first teammates death. its not like he kills a lot of my characters, its just a psychological thing that i KNOW he is going to hit me AT LEAST once every time i attack him.

Bastage was last on my last pvp battle. Down to him and my Lumi and poggle. He took them both down. Lumi he hit 4 times and a lightning strike and she never even got an attack off...... How can he hit someone 5 times in a row? I can imagine 4 times.. Counter x2 and then attack x2 but not followed by a lightning hit..
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    First of all, I have nothing against you and don't like trolling, so you don't think I'm raging or something.

In fact, I usually use them both to take out Dooku, as Sid basic with heal immunity + Kylo's Outrage usually nearly kill him (if Kylo is under 50%, it usually indeed kill him). And my Kylo and Sid are lvl 67 and I'm talking about the lvl 70 Dookus I face in arena every day.

He is annoying (oh God, I hate when he counters twice and then hits twice in his turn), but even in this case he's not nearly OP.

Not even with Phasma. I prefer facing a Phasma + Dooku team a hundred times than a Phasma + Kylo one (or FOTP, or FOO).

@Kaninchen

All I ever did was recount how a single battle facing him went. Has he been more than an annoyance before meh... Debatable.

I didn't say it was normal. I didn't say RNG wasn't against me this particular time.

• Options

@Kaninchen

All I ever did was recount how a single battle facing him went. Has he been more than an annoyance before meh... Debatable.

I didn't say it was normal. I didn't say RNG wasn't against me this particular time.

Ok, I see, but in this case the problem is RNG, not Dooku being a broken char, don't you agree?
  • Options

@Kaninchen

Ok, I see, but in this case the problem is RNG, not Dooku being a broken char, don't you agree?

However you want to word it.

The combination of his skills with RNG even more opponent proc rates for AI have been widely discussed. Perhaps his proc with the bad RNG combined?

Dunno wasn't calling for a nerf. I've farmed my own Dooku to 4+ stars from nodes lol working on 5*

Read my quote above. All these trolls raging for the home team is bull tho. Just read the thread I linked.

Every other person says they avoid Dooku. Even quoted above "he's the #1 offender" next to Dakka.