Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Jjust to be sure, if I were to buy $150.00 worth of this promotion (being that you can supposedly redeem it 3 times for the rewards) I should get 9000 crystals and 990 Rey shards, correct?

If you buy 3 separate $50 gift cards, yes.
    Forgot to thank you for the response and can confirm that IT DOES work. Bought 2 separate $50 cards Fromm Walmart and both gave me the rewards. Will buy the third one next week. Cheers
  • Options
    Do me a favour and post here if you notice this promotion go international. It's live in the US and is supposed to go international soon. I'm particularly interested in Canada. Thanks.
  • Options
    Australia here
  • Options
    Hope we can buy in Australia soon
  • Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Do me a favour and post here if you notice this promotion go international. It's live in the US and is supposed to go international soon. I'm particularly interested in Canada. Thanks.

Bought a card today and still nothing in Canada
  • Options
    I've noticed nothing in Australia yet, but I haven't seen any communications for what retailers in each region are taking part or if it's anyone selling a google play card. The communication surrounding promotions with this game is really bewildering, it's like EA & CG don't want us to know when or where to take part
  • Options
    I agree communication on this is s bit lacking. Kozi did respond to me in another thread stating the promotion was going international, but that's all the info I got. I'm hoping there's something in this update tonight.
  • Options
    In the US apparently any Google play gift card from Wal-Mart was part if the promotion. We have Wal-Mart in Canada. Not sure about Australia.
  • Options
    Well on the canadian walmart website there are no E-Gift google cards. Heck they dont have physical ones online. Maybe they have some in store but online i dont seen them.
  • Options
    I can understand (but disagree strongly with) the lack of advance notice for new character events to encourage pack buying. But this info would be for players who WANT to spend money. You'd think they'd just give full disclosure on the timeline in this case. Unless there have been hiccups and delays behind the scenes, it doesn't make sense.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Xaron wrote: »
    @Xaron you're not gonna get sympathy from anyone for being an apple user and not being able to claim this promotion.

No one is jealous of you either. Also, you're no king of pop.

Dude my message wasn't even in any way sympathetic in nature. Its only natural to give feedback on the services. If my message is sympathetic, are u saying forum in general is the same? If I can't share how I feel on what I have been paying then what gives?

Your post does sounds that ur jealous. Because u couldn't understand the message I'm conveying

and you can't understand that it's a google sponsored event and apple didn't want to participate, go whine in the apple forums about how unfair they threat the customers willing to pay for their 'supreme' whatever. i've seen ios events like this for other ea games where google didn't wanted to pariticipate, DungeonKeepr mobile, another EA game, for example ... this time it's your mobile manufacturer that's cheap, don't blame this game for your choice of brand, in dungeonkeeper it was just the other way around and people had to deal with it as well :P
  • Options
    If providing my opinion and giving a suggestion for equal benefits to all gamers is considered whining, i am speechless in terms of your understanding of what i am saying - equality.

It seems to me that in this case from your perspective, if any company were to provide sponsored events which gives certain benefits to some gamers and not all, CG/EA has no control over making the decision on how the game (which they should have been in control of) should have run which you are implying that CG/EA is in summary - a money grubber.

Just because it happened before or even elsewhere does not mean that they could not change for the better and for the future.

It does not also mean that if it would happen otherwise (ios gain benefits), i would raise the issue but rather i would respect what the android users are trying to say and would have supported them all the same.

What is wrong that there are so many haters between android and ios? Geez...

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Xaron wrote: »
    If providing my opinion and giving a suggestion for equal benefits to all gamers is considered whining, i am speechless in terms of your understanding of what i am saying - equality.

It seems to me that in this case from your perspective, if any company were to provide sponsored events which gives certain benefits to some gamers and not all, CG/EA has no control over making the decision on how the game (which they should have been in control of) should have run which you are implying that CG/EA is in summary - a money grubber.

Just because it happened before or even elsewhere does not mean that they could not change for the better and for the future.

It does not also mean that if it would happen otherwise (ios gain benefits), i would raise the issue but rather i would respect what the android users are trying to say and would have supported them all the same.

What is wrong that there are so many haters between android and ios? Geez...

there were already plattform exclusives, like a lando calrission for apple twitter users and dunno what else, never really cared about this kitten, but only find it funny when consumers complain about capitalistic things happen due to capitalistic decisions made by capitalistic companies and demand that everything should be more equal but then go on and by another specific brand mobile for 800+ bucks without caring (me included).
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Well, i disagree. If the consumer was aware when the game was launched that there would be platform exclusivity and had continued playing the game, then, that my friend, is what you would call funny if they do raise the matter.

I doubt anyone would have complain if they are aware from the beginning. The players who would have been at a disadvantage wouldnt have complain because they are only playing for the sole purpose that it has been their interest but never worth spending the bucks for it just to counteract with the exclusivity that they are not entitled with.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    well, it's just another exclusive, this started years ago when consoles demanded exclusive titles to push their sales and it's nothing else then that, buy OUR product we take better care of you then the competitor ..... and in the future it'll get worse, imagine GW oder arena shard shuffle to follow the recently granted patent to show every player the middle finger .. in short you get paired with whales to show you the benefit to spend money on stuff.

have a nice time reading about the gaming future ;)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/how-activision-uses-matchmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

my favourite:
    "For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases," according to the patent. "For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea when this is coming to Canada?
  • Options
    Does the card have to specifically be branded SWGoH, or does any plain old Google Play card from Walmart work (not displaying any SWGoH branding on the physical card itself)? Thanks!
  • Options
    Azureboldt wrote: »
    Does the card have to specifically be branded SWGoH, or does any plain old Google Play card from Walmart work (not displaying any SWGoH branding on the physical card itself)? Thanks!

If you're in the US, any card will do.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Azureboldt wrote: »
    Any google play card from WAL-MART. The promo has been issued to Walmart and when redeemed (purchased) there,they activate your bonus. The 50$ is a pretty sweet deal.
  • Options
    Got 'em. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Are the next phases already in work?
    Which countries follow next?
    Is there any timeline available?
  • Options
    hey @CG_Kozispoon I bought 2 google cards for 50 bucks and didnt get the rewards. What can I do ? thanks
  • Options
    For a promotion, they're certainly doing a horrible job of PROMOTING IT!!!

Release in other countries :
    WHERE will it be happening?
    WHEN will it be available?
    WHO can I buy them from?
    WHO do I have to service to get some proper information around here???

Pretty simple information. I'm not going to wonder around my country aimlessly hoping to magically stumble across mystical google play gift cards. As far as I can tell from the US, they don't look smell or taste any different from any other google play gift cards.

As the boys from Letterkenny would say "Figure it out".
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon told me in an earlier post that no date was available bit it would go international in the next few weeks. As much as I do appreciate the feedback and recognise she's only relaying the message, I do have to say this promotion is uniquely vague. For it to be put to the masses as a promotion seems odd. More of a mystery to me.
  • Options
    Bought 3x10, 3x25, and 3x50 and got 9 rewards total. Pro tip: Google recently allowed Google play gift cards to be set as the payment option for their music subscription. Just set up the payment for my music subscription for a couple years and got a ton of loot for it in game.
  • Options
    Swordd wrote: »
    Bought 3x10, 3x25, and 3x50 and got 9 rewards total. Pro tip: Google recently allowed Google play gift cards to be set as the payment option for their music subscription. Just set up the payment for my music subscription for a couple years and got a ton of loot for it in game.

You in the US? I'm wondering when it goes international. Namely Canada.
  • HoodieDM
    146 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Such a good deal.

~D
    Post edited by HoodieDM on
  • Options
    Bough another card today, from Walmart and still nothing in Canada.
  • Options
    So who do I contact if I didn't receive my stuff?
  • Options
    hey @CG_Kozispoon I bought 2 google cards for 50 bucks and didnt get the rewards. What can I do ? thanks
    So who do I contact if I didn't receive my stuff?

I contacted ea, google, and everyone, no answer from anyone.
This discussion has been closed.