An old foe reveals their true face [MERGE]

Replies

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    "Theirs" can be the singular possessive tense of a genderless pronoun.

Just my two cents, since the thread is very obviously more about that instead of the original topic.

I already stated my suspicious of a robot-legs Maul or agent Kallus. Hoping for either. Expecting neither. Expecting Rex - rebel version, the old man shown at the battle of Endor in Episode VI was confirmed to be him, I believe.

Edit: and because more rebels, because that's what this game does. Just because.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Ya'll need to quit spouting on about this change as though it should be embraced.
    It's not a 'change'. It's been used that way since Elizabethan times... So as much as English has changed since those times, this is one thing that hasn't.

Apologies for adding to this off-topic garbage.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    It's obviously Agent Kallus.
    Description fits him perfectly.
    Rebels Season 4 started last Monday, and Kallus appears in one of the trailer. So we're going to see more of him soon.

Kylo is not really an old foe, and Maul doesn't really fit the "true face" part.

Seems rather clear to me. Kallus it is!
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Nihilus is Snoke. Opens the gates for all Disney products to go back to the Old Republic. It would be such a smart play.

I guess you don't know what happened to Nihilus then: he's a wound in the Force. It means he has a huge emptiness in him, a need to constantly devour other lifeforms, primarily Force-sensitives. If noone stopped him, he'd slowly devour the entire universe, diminishing in the end himself (he cannot exist without feeding). He didn't even have a body actually, his essence was bound to his mask and he used the Force to control his robes. He really was emptiness embodied, the Lord of Hunger.

So how was he defeated? Well, he was literally impossible to defeat, since he didn't even really exist at that point. Then the Exile engaged him on the Ravager and gained the upper hand quite soon (Nihilus is actually a terrible lightsaber duelist, all of his power comes from his nature), so Nihilus tried to use the last of his strength to annihilate the Exile, a powerful Force-sensitive to feed him - so he thought. Problem for him was, that the Exile was also a wound in the Force. So when Nihilus tried to devour the Exile, his emptiness didn't feed, only met another emptiness, annihilating himself. Nihilus didn't die: he ceased to exist. Many ancient Sith tried to cheat death by bounding their souls to artifacts/places and became Sith Ghosts (those are entirely different from the Light Side Force Ghosts like we see in the movies). Nihilus couldn't become a ghost, he vanished from existence, disappeared forever.

TL;DR: Whoever Snoke is, the one person he 100000000% can't be is Nihilus.

Emptiness cannot be hungry. Couse it is empty. No hunger, nothing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    after a lenghty debate we can conclude that the "old foe" might be female, mainly because the english language apparantly has no rules of grammar.
    my money is on mob enforcer.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Why is this thread in general chat? Should be in off-topic. Once again these mods show favoritism with anything gnob gobbling/speculation related. Poor job! This is up their with most ret.arded threads on the forum. Every day I find this site less and less useful.
  • Options
    Waez wrote: »
    Rebels Season 4 started last Monday, and Kallus appears in one of the trailer. So we're going to see more of him soon.

Kylo is not really an old foe, and Maul doesn't really fit the "true face" part.

Then what you can say about true face of kallus?
  • Options
    What a lot of nonsense. There's no need for pages and pages about grammar

It's gonna be Jango Fett

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Waez wrote: »

I second this. I'm unable to think of anyone else other than GG rework.

Ps. Could you take your grammar discussion elsewhere?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Qvrstvfsp wrote: »
    Why is this thread in general chat? Should be in off-topic. Once again these mods show favoritism with anything gnob gobbling/speculation related. Poor job! This is up their with most ret.arded threads on the forum. Every day I find this site less and less useful.

i find speculation threads one of the more usefull threads on the forum. That's pretty easy though since 80%+ of the threads are complaints.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Darth nefarious - clues already given in communication thread
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    There is no link to a universal set of rules, because there is no universal set of rules. This isn’t the American Psychiatric Association with the official DSM-5. There is no official English grammar standard or law. There are only trends and widespread practices, none of which are universal and all of which evolve over time.

Which is the “law” for academic writing: MLA, APA, or Chicago format? There is no law, only preference.

https://www.thoughtco.com/singular-they-grammar-1691963

In January 2016, the American Dialect Society chose the gender-neutral singular they as its Word of the Year: "They was recognized by the society for its emerging use as a pronoun to refer to a known person, often as a conscious choice by a person rejecting the traditional gender binary of he and she" (American Dialect Society press release, January 8, 2016).

EXAMPLES
    "When a person talks too much, they learn little." (Duncan Hines, Lodging for a Night, 1938)

"If anybody wants their admission fee back, they can get it at the door." ("Fiddler's Dram." Spooky South: Tales of Hauntings, Strange Happenings, and Other Local Lore, retold by S. E. Schlosser. Globe Pequot, 2004)

"She admired the fullness of the dirty net curtains, opened every drawer and cupboard, and, when she found the Gideon's Bible, said, 'Somebody's left their book behind.'" (Sue Townsend, Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction. Lily Broadway Productions, 2004)

"She kept her head and kicked her shoes off, as everybody ought to do who falls into deep water in their clothes." (C.S. Lewis, Voyage of the Dawn-Treader, 1952)

"I know when I like a person directly I see them!" (Virginia Woolf, The Voyage Out, 1915)

"'A person can't help their birth,' Rosalind replied with great liberality." (William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair, 1848)

Aye, that's a big problem. They've done away with a national standard of grammar. Oh woe betide our education system due to this mockery of higher learning. Like I said, go on and celebrate our further advancement into participation trophy style learning that destroys people's needs to examine such things as the composition of our sentences.

Insisting upon this as though it has always been is fallacious. Whether or not it is now, it is still a bad thing, and shouldn't be recognized by anyone.

If the system isn't national, it's worthless. If a language isn't built on a solid foundation of common rules all it does is lead to misunderstandings and make it harder to convey information.

They removed it maybe. Gee that's great. Next let's remove nutrition information from food products. Afterwards, we can remove treatment directions from hazardous materials.

Seriously, Ya'll need to quit spouting on about this change as though it should be embraced.

Just so you can find a bit of peace about it, as long as we can properly communicate and understand each other ...we are languaging awesomely. Zader anyone? Language is always evolving, it can't have hard set rules that stick. If you want more firm rules take up mathematics.
  • Options
    I just want to point out that singular “they” has been in continuous use both academically and colloquially since the 14th century. It’s 300 years older than the singular “you”. It only started to be considered incorrect when late 19th century prescriptivists decided they wanted to make English more like Latin. Modern linguistics reject prescriptivism and go for a descriptive approach instead. Since language changes according to the needs of the times and since any attempts to try and stop this change are futile, linguists describe language as it is and not as they feel it should be. And there is nothing wrong change in language. It actually helps us communicate more easily and more efficiently.
  • Options
    Wait everyone.... I have it figured out....

Hear me out...

In the movie...

He chased our protagonist away. Refused to give her shelter. He was bitter, angry, only cared about himself.

Then, she made him muffins, and his heart grew three sizes that day...

It must be...

NOA!!!!!

200?cb=20071203043259
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Snoke, so obvious; true face doesn’t mean the character actually wears a mask like Vader ot Kylo, it could simply mean the character lives a double life like Palpatine, hiding his true identity, and he has to be on the dark side
    Post edited by Edward on
  • Options
    I honestly just hope it’s a character that they don’t make for dark side TB, if it is someone popular like Kallus it would be nice to use him or her in other areas. Unlike fuzzy Han or Rolo who’s kits are made around TB.
  • Options
    Is Pre Vizsla. Masked foe who starts as a friend and reveals as the leader of Clan Vizsla.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I’m voting for Kylo after he smashes his helmet, as seen in the new trailer.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Its not a new vader.(Come on..Whyyy??) Most likely gonna be unmasked Kylo... His skin is already gonna be in battlefront 2 at launch so who knows?

Cross marketing man. That's why we have the Phoenix. That's why we got BB8 too.

Vader has a new comic book coming out. You really think it is a stretch Disney said: "Hey put a new Vader in your game to promote our new comic!" Most people thought something like that is what caused the Phoenix to arrive... and why they've become a necessary roster addition as well.

Is putting a new Kylo in the game going to make more people watch "the Last Jedi"? Probably not. Is putting a new Vader in game going to make more people read his new comic book? Probably...

another comic? he currently has one detailing stories between EP3 and Rogue One. Not to mention, the older comic series that took place from the end of EP4 to the beginning of ESB. What else could they possibly add?
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I put my bet on Lando Calrissian

That would be great. I'd like to see General Calrissian
  • Options
    Maybe Snoke is an old foe that reveals true face in swgoh soon...
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Consensus seems to be on Rebel Kallus or Helmetless Jango...only a few more days mates. No need for an English lesson on the forums....

@CG_Kozispoon make sure you choose your words very carefully on the “What’s ahead” section. These folks could write a thesis on your sentence!
  • Options
    It's going to be Inferno Squad Tie Pilot from Battlefront II
  • Options
    JHUNTER11 wrote: »

Wish it was true.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

If only we got Iden Versio. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

+100
  • Options
    spider legs maul
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I guarantee we’ll get her after Battlefront II comes out.
  • Options
    My guess is kylo, I wonder what other characters this could be.

Kylo? We saw his face. We know his name. We know his daddy and his momma and his momma's daddy and his momma's daddy's momma. I was thinking of Snoke.
  • Options
    Who ever it may be aside, there is a good chance that they will require Resistance to unlock the upcoming toon. :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.