Version update 11/22 MEGA

Replies

• Options
    So many threads:

Rey, Finn, BB8, Vet Han, Vet Chewie
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    All attempts to download in each in-game segment (e.g., Cantina, Characters) after the update keep being met with CONNECTION ERROR. SWGOH is the only app having a connection issue. I literally can only stare at the main screen. Nothing else is downloading and every part requires an individual update, so I can't do anything in the game.
  • Options
    KofiRevan wrote: »
    be sure to check your inbox on November 22nd for a special gift from the Galaxy of Heroes team (Please note this will not be live until Client Restart)!

and what about This?

10 chewie shards and half an omega :)

Wrong! it's 3 chewie shards and a training droid
  • Options
    10 Clone Wars Chewie shards and 100 credits
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Viserys
    To be fair, certain posters on this forum are part of the problem you called "CG is baiting players into a planning a money-mandatory farm on absolute speculation". They thrive in speculation and try to preach directions on here with absolute certainty and I suspect in some cases lie about how prepared they were for certain events or other things.

Are the right sometimes? Yes. Are they wrong sometimes? Yes. But the catch is people follow speculation out of fear of not being able to be prepared but then if things don't turn out as predicted, they are left with a problem of their own creation. I'm not saying speculation is wrong but it has both hurt and helped me and I'm sure others in the past.

CG *does* follow a certain logic for certain parts of the game but as we've seen this year there are lots of departures from the norm. I get so sick of people on this forum and reddit thinking they have it 100% figured out and not even acknowledging the possibility of being wrong.

At this point, I follow the releases and trends. I do participate and provide speculation but always with the big asterisk that it is speculation. And I don't make ANY major decision on resources in this game based on unofficial info. I think more should be more patient with how to change course in the game.
  • Options
    Might could still be Veterans, but folks ate too fixated on this being a copy/paste of Luke. You might not need them at 7*.

Farm them at your leisure anyway, they’re good and will be useful for platoons.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Oh yes I meant rey
  • Options
    I agree 100% if this is true.
    Making the event unreachable for F2P would be a really bad move!
    Let’s see what they have to say.
  • Options
    it's not confirmed. Likely, but not confirmed.

Also I'm just happy to start farming them even if it ends up I don't get Rey. They are great toons.
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’m getting the vets to 7* without spending money. I’ve been using all of my daily crystal rewards to buy shards. If they aren’t a requirement, I’ll be disappointed at the huge waste of my time and resources. But I gambled on their being a requirement and have been preparing.

If I had waited for official confirmation, it would be too late to do it for free.

holy guacamole you are officially the "Vegan" of this forum. Telling everybody in each single thread related to the topic vets, that you spent all your efforts on them beforehand even though nobody asked.

I mean well done and great achievement but do you think its necessary to mention in each single discussion? The issue is still valid for like 99,99% of the playerbase

Salute

Yes keep mentioning it what is wrong w that? It was honest wasn't bragging yes good job. To the poster if they wait to the day before the event to announce the requirements so what. This doesn't mean u have to spend money it's a choice trust u will not die if u don't get it the first time around really u won't.
  • Options
    Sure, I don't disagree.

However, speculation has unfortunately become a pretty major part of how you have to play this game if you want to get the windfall of the events.

So when people initially speculated that the Phasma login reward meant a legendary event for FO was coming and the most likely acquire from that would be BB-8 - if you didn't have the FO toons you needed and didn't start moving on that speculation, you almost certainly missed 7* on BB-8 and might very well have missed unlocking him at all on account of FOST and FOTP being time-constrained farms.

People who didn't react to the speculation on CLS also ran into painful torques on the farm. CG has created a critical relationship with speculation by how they've been releasing info on upcoming content.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, so (just as an example) if you didn't get CLS right away you aren't "competitive"? Lol.

There's more to this game than a top 10 arena ranking and membership in a 45* TB guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ^I agree it can help, but it's not reliable. Not nearly enough to claim CG is baiting the community.
  • Options
    waiting for QOL updates. soon tm
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    it's not confirmed. Likely, but not confirmed.

Also I'm just happy to start farming them even if it ends up I don't get Rey. They are great toons.
    SHARD SHUFFLE
    The following Characters are now available in the following areas:
    Smuggler Chewbacca - Cantina 8-F
    Smuggler Han - Cantina 8-G
    Mother Talzin- Chromium Packs

• Options
    I’m getting the vets to 7* without spending money. I’ve been using all of my daily crystal rewards to buy shards. If they aren’t a requirement, I’ll be disappointed at the huge waste of my time and resources. But I gambled on their being a requirement and have been preparing.

If I had waited for official confirmation, it would be too late to do it for free.

That would cost you 42,400 crystals? You've been getting that from you dailies since they've been released or you've hoarded for months before their release?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    You can always get her the second time around. I waited months for a 7* Thrawn.

This is far too reasonable a response. ;)

One OP toon dictates whether you’ll be fighting for hundreds of crystals or be ”happy” getting 100 for the next half a year, try to guess where players prefer to be.
    Snake2 wrote: »
    This game used to be a fun strategy game. At some point it turned into a guessing game about which month long farms you need to do to stay competitive.

This, exactly. The direction this game is going doesn’t look good. This doesn’t make me want to spend, I don’t like betting, especially when I don’t even know the odds.
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »

holy guacamole you are officially the "Vegan" of this forum. Telling everybody in each single thread related to the topic vets, that you spent all your efforts on them beforehand even though nobody asked.

I mean well done and great achievement but do you think its necessary to mention in each single discussion? The issue is still valid for like 99,99% of the playerbase

Salute

I'm not buying that he did it for free either. What's the max amount of crystals that can be acquired free daily? Cuz it'd take 42,400 crystals from shipments unless I did my math poorly
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

However, speculation has unfortunately become a pretty major part of how you have to play this game if you want to get the windfall of the events.

So when people initially speculated that the Phasma login reward meant a legendary event for FO was coming and the most likely acquire from that would be BB-8 - if you didn't have the FO toons you needed and didn't start moving on that speculation, you almost certainly missed 7* on BB-8 and might very well have missed unlocking him at all on account of FOST and FOTP being time-constrained farms.

People who didn't react to the speculation on CLS also ran into painful torques on the farm. CG has created a critical relationship with speculation by how they've been releasing info on upcoming content.

Anyone remember how General Grievous was required for the Legendary Mother Talzin event? People were 100% certain. How did that work out for everyone?
  • Options
    Sure, I don't disagree.

If u didn't u can get him the next time 3 months is not that long and farming a soppy to panic farming will cost way less. U don't have to react to speculation I have bb8 at 5 will get him at 7 next time he rolls around ( see what I did there) in other words if panic farming about speculation is not your thing don't take the bait. I wouldn't expect a company trying to make money off of a game that they had to front a lot of money to begin w ( it being a free game and all) to not try to do anything not to maximize profits.
  • Options
    Well if you wasted your money it would be your own fault for spending based solely on speculations, even if those speculations are very likely to be accurate.
    Like another person said above, don't spend unless you're certain.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    There will be a pack out. Possibly 9.99 for 80 shards of one. And 9.99 for the other.
    If I were EA/CG I would do this and have a combo pack also. Offering 80 of both for 19.99. Plus offer the 1200 crystals for 10-300.

So for 40$, you’d get 160 of each. Add in the 50 you should’ve had and that puts you at farming 100 to 7* each. Totally doable.

I feel the vets will be required, but Rey will possibly unlock at 5*. The purpose of restricting the time to farm is so the characters stay rare. Like CLS. If someone waits till R2 event comes before they start farming old Ben... they already failed.
  • Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

Anyone remember how General Grievous was required for the Legendary Mother Talzin event? People were 100% certain. How did that work out for everyone?

No, that was not a widely accepted requirement. There was a thread made about it where someone questioned if it would be required and some thought it would. Not a good comparison. I'd say 95% of the forums at minimum agree it will require vets
  • Options
    Sure, I don't disagree.

That's different. We didnt even know what type of event MT was going to have. We know Rey will have a heroes journey so we have have a previous event to go off of.
  • Options
    no one was certain AND it wasn't a hero's journey event
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    There will be a pack out. Possibly 9.99 for 80 shards of one. And 9.99 for the other.
    If I were EA/CG I would do this and have a combo pack also. Offering 80 of both for 19.99. Plus offer the 1200 crystals for 10-300.

So for 40$, you’d get 160 of each. Add in the 50 you should’ve had and that puts you at farming 100 to 7* each. Totally doable.

Im not following. You think they'll release BOTH a 9.99 and a 19.99 pack? Idk that they've done that before have they? I also think I remember the 9.99 packs were only 25 shards, crazy as that is. The nightsister double pack was 19.99 for 25 of spirit and zombie wasn't it? I have a feeling that's what we'll get again. Not worth it imo
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That's why I am not spending any money until the details are known. I have learned a lot over the past two years of playing this game:

1) Don't spend money if you don't have a plan.
    2) Don't spend money if you don't have specific and clear requirements officially stated.
    3) Don't spend money if the character/gear you are spending it on will only be useful for one part of the game.
    4) When in doubt abide by 1-3 above - but only the part before the "if".

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

That's different. We didnt even know what type of event MT was going to have. We know Rey will have a heroes journey so we have have a previous event to go off of.

You are making my point for me. How can people be 100% certain about something and then be wrong on the kind of event it turns out to be.
    I'm not saying Vets are not needed for Rey, but just be careful of people who are certain about things not announced or have "insider information"
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    $20 for 80 shards when I got Shore months ago, iirc. Might have been 50, 90% sure it was 80 though. Crystals for the random shard pack. Haven't paid attention to em in a long time, so I could be way off lol