Version update 11/22 MEGA

Replies

• ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    there was outrage last time as people has already done their GW for the day, tjen the double drops went live on GW.

Expect more of the same forum carnage. If you have not stocked up on popcorn I sudgest you do so now.
  • Options
    Any idea when the update is going to be released? I would like to be able to farm the vets even though I'll never use them after Rey. Also I don't want no crystals as my gift for the anniversary give me the vet shards maybe around 80 to get them to five stars unfortunately the chances of that happening are slim to none but who knows we may get an early Christmas
  • Options
    Morning Holotable Heroes,
    Today's the day! Teams filing in and getting to work on today's Version Update. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status Post for further developments.

TLDR-
    tenor.gif?itemid=7269756

@CG_Kozispoon may you all have a hot a coffee and delicious crispy Kreme to prepare you for the day lol
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Vet han for sure...so he can die like old Ben lol

Imagine the outrage if we needed unmasked Kylo....
  • Options
    The most current information available about the release status is - and always will be - this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96655/
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Did the leaks include the star requirements for each?

Yes they did. All of them "7* to acquire her."
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I must have missed where 'CG has provided hints and every indication"...that the vets are needed.

The vets being released when they were and how they were was the biggest hint. Almost two years after TFA with no warning and at a time where the release cadence would make them farmable....now.
  • Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Did the leaks include the star requirements for each?

The star level outrage was because of official footage by several youtubers, were it was a 5* requirement for the ROLO mission for example, that's why they changed it. This was not a leak.

The actual leak was weeks before and only told us that we will need Hoth Rebel Soldier & Scout and some other stuff. And it turned out to be true, I guess... :smiley:
    But that's not the topic. I would trust the "rumors".

I think he's asking for stars for Rey event
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    When are they hitting the cantina nodes? That’s the real q,
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Requirements:

* Scavenger Rey
    * Finn
    * BB8
    * VS Han
    * VS Chewie

Poe will not likely be needed. Although the Falcon is speculated and is a possibility (as it would make things different from the CLS event), I doubt it will be needed either.

I would focus on the above listed toons. BB8 will be a challenge for some but the main challenges will be for Han & Chewie. looks like its a repeat of the tragic Phoenix panic farm for the 1st Thrawn event. I though EA/CG would have learned from the at mistake. Apparently not.
  • Options
    Please, do not put the two smugglers veterans on nodes of 16 if they are going to be requirements for the Rey event. Take care of your base of players, you are pushing us too hard.
    @CG_Kozispoon you are in time to change it, just put one of them on arena shop or GW shop.
  • Options
    I am still curious about what’s being done to fix the speed issue. AI Fleets where ships have 130 speed are all attacking first dispite my ships having 154 and up speed. Tarkin is attacking like Mace with ridiculous speed boosts. Ships with horrible pilots are 1 shot player ships.

Normal AAT grevious is enraging at 3 ticks left of enrage meter. He is also doing meniacal laugh every turn and giving himself advantage and double advantage. Speed bumps in Arena are still not addressed either. No way a 75 Jawa Engineer, IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nibit, HK Team GS 7 is rank 960 with 1*/2* mods. On a server where 85 Wiggs/Chaze/Lando and Sith are top 1000 dominated.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    When are they hitting the cantina nodes? That’s the real q,

Today.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I think these event requirement speculation is based on common sense.

Did I panic farm GG for Nightsisters - no. Because with the need of GG would need to come a re-work for him and an entire separatist faction pass. Impossible to do an entire faction pass when showcasing another.

Did I panic with R2 - no it was obvious Empire was needed. They were after the Death Star Plans - it had to be empire to get R2.

Same with BB8 - had to be first order after the plans/map to Luke.

Luke's Story - it was obvious (as we were starting with Farmboy Luke) this event was going to follow the events of ANH - which meant: Leia, FBLuke, Old Ben, STHan (it could have been raid Han in all fairness but the only chewie in the game at that point was CWChewie -so impossible he would be required). The only interesting and difficult toon was R2 (as he was a legendary toon in his own right).

Lets look at Thrawn - the panic farm created by making a full team (phoenix) farmabe at f2p only a few weeks before the event was completely bad form.

It seems with the Rey event we have toons that have been around for ages like the Luke event: Scavenger Rey and Finn. We also have the R2 legendary parallel toon: BB8. But we are also getting aspects of the Thrawn event in regard to the panic farm of VS Han & Chewie.

Rey's hero journey is not really speculation. It is obvious common sense what the requirements are.

Am I gonna drop loads of money for VS Han & Chewie - absolutely not. Like Thrawn - I'll get the new Rey next time.

But if CG starts announcing this stuff then their annual revenue takes a dive. They want people to panic buy etc. This is why Kozi is not allowed to post every detail that we all keep bugging her to do. Its not the she doesn't want to - she can't.

The only thing I take issue with is the logic of your last paragraph. Their revenue would not take a dive - in fact, it would probably increase - at least from the standpoint of many of the veteran players who are tired of spending on rumor, only to find out that there was no need, either because they moved the goal posts or the requirements weren't as difficult as we were lead to believe, etc. The issue here is that CG has burned enough people that, in general, most people hold on spending until news actually becomes official.

Whales are gonna whale - that's what they do. But they will whale whether there is actual information or just rumor. The problem, imho, is that CG/EA is shooting themselves in the foot, as they aren't getting money from people who either A) won't be able to make it anyway (especially if the requirement is 7* is a couple weeks) or B) won't spend until they have actul information.

They are trying to capture short term panic farm from newbs (which isn't easy to do anyway) versus long term (and possibly much larger) returns on good vibes and happy and informed players. They are basically trying to cash in quick on negativity (fear or frustration) versus building up positive equity (information and people spending because they WANT to - not because they feel like they have to). Frankly, I think it is a short-sighted business model. Does it make them money? Yes. Could they make more by betting on positive player/customer relations rather than betting on "panic" spending? I think most definitely - and EA wouldn't be winning awards for the "worst" company in the process.

When players are afraid they are being manipulated and taken advantage of in order for a company to make a quick buck, they aren't as willing to open their wallets again in the future to willing support said company. Myself as an example - I am a guppy. I spent between $50 and $100 the first year. This second year? 2017? $10. That's it. And that was on a the CHS pack to help my guild.

Much of it has to do with the feelings of mistrust these kinds of manipulative tactics have sewn in the veteran player base - and if CG/EA doesn't think that those veteran players are cautioning newer guild mates on how and on what to spend, they are going to be in for another rude awakening.

I am not trying to be an alarmist. I am just explaining how veteran players see this whole "panic farm to get OP character....that will be replaced by the next OP character" silliness CG/EA seems to be trying to set up this time around with Rey.

I say "seems to" as there is part of me that hopes that 7* vets won't be required for Rey's journey - or at least won't be required so soon that only whales will have her for 6 months. Occasionally when I have hoped that CG/EA would do the right thing, I have been pleasantly surprised. I only presume that is the "CG" influence on the "EA" portion of that equation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That's why I am not spending any money until the details are known. I have learned a lot over the past two years of playing this game:

1) Don't spend money if you don't have a plan.
    2) Don't spend money if you don't have specific and clear requirements officially stated.
    3) Don't spend money if the character/gear you are spending it on will only be useful for one part of the game.
    4) When in doubt abide by 1-3 above - but only the part before the "if".

@Nikoms565 only time I’m spending money is if it’s Revan, or a monthly sub package. :wink: Last time I spent was for Old Ben shards to get CLS. And I made it to 20/100 OB shards before I bought that package.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

However, speculation has unfortunately become a pretty major part of how you have to play this game if you want to get the windfall of the events.

So when people initially speculated that the Phasma login reward meant a legendary event for FO was coming and the most likely acquire from that would be BB-8 - if you didn't have the FO toons you needed and didn't start moving on that speculation, you almost certainly missed 7* on BB-8 and might very well have missed unlocking him at all on account of FOST and FOTP being time-constrained farms.

People who didn't react to the speculation on CLS also ran into painful torques on the farm. CG has created a critical relationship with speculation by how they've been releasing info on upcoming content.

Anyone remember how General Grievous was required for the Legendary Mother Talzin event? People were 100% certain. How did that work out for everyone?

Pure speculation. We knew Rey was coming in a Hero journey event. Pretty obvious who would be needed.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Omg all this panic ia totally player made. The rey post has already specified exactly what was needed. rey scavenger. I see no other "hints" that vets or anyone or thing is required. All we know right now is rey is required. Period end of discussion.

Literally everyone seems to be on pins and needles about the vers bb8 and falcon. Until cg updates or modifies the post about the requirements to reys hero journey you all are gonna have a nervous breakdown down.

"Coming soon to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, you’ll be able to live Rey’s adventures through the Hero’s Journey special event. Experience some of her most thrilling moments as she progresses from a humble scavenger to making new allies to finding the legendary Luke Skywalker. Complete the event to unlock the next evolution of Rey and add her to your collection."

You just farm Rey then, I will farm her new allies.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Omg all this panic ia totally player made. The rey post has already specified exactly what was needed. rey scavenger. I see no other "hints" that vets or anyone or thing is required. All we know right now is rey is required. Period end of discussion.

Literally everyone seems to be on pins and needles about the vers bb8 and falcon. Until cg updates or modifies the post about the requirements to reys hero journey you all are gonna have a nervous breakdown down.

Or we're being smart and getting ahead of the game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    It's also quite possible you won't need the vets at 7*. The CLS event had some tiers that didn't require 7* heroes. I could see the last phase being 7* Rey & Finn vs. Kylo, so the second last tier could require only 6* vets. There's no harm in starting to farm the vets once they appear, I just wouldn't go nuts with buying refreshes to 7* them until we have a better idea how they fit in to Rey's Journey (if at all).

If memory serves yes the CLS event had some tiers that did not require 7* toons.

However the Old Ben v. Vader required a 7* Old Ben.

The escape to the Falcon tier after that required 7* toons, being: FBLuke, Leia, STHan and R2.

It is also noted the CLS was only unlockable by completing the entire event.

So while some tiers did not require toons at 7* - ultimately you needed all toons at 7* to complete the entire event and unlock CLS.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think he's asking for stars for Rey event

Yeah, didn't got it right, already changed it. :D
    7* is needed to acquire her.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Thank you for the updates. While we wait for the release, would you be able to share the information about the bundles and packs that are to be included in the release?
  • Options
    The speculation as to what hero’s would be needed for Rey’s journey have been kicking around here for weeks.

It’s naivety to believe that no Developer has noticed these discussions. That means that one of two things is happening:

1. We are correct and we will need the veterans or
    2. The devs are remaining silent in hope that we will spend to farm these characters for the event, knowing full well that they have no intention of letting us use these veterans for the event.

Guessing at which toons to focus on is a part of the game, I get that.
    But purposely allowing us to chase the wrong ones and spend on them feels predatory.
    It would be like a salesman listening to you talk about how much you are looking forward to playing Super Mario on your new X-Box but not correcting you until the sale is finalized.

I’m really hoping that they have more integrity than that...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    I think these event requirement speculation is based on common sense.

Did I panic farm GG for Nightsisters - no. Because with the need of GG would need to come a re-work for him and an entire separatist faction pass. Impossible to do an entire faction pass when showcasing another.

Did I panic with R2 - no it was obvious Empire was needed. They were after the Death Star Plans - it had to be empire to get R2.

Same with BB8 - had to be first order after the plans/map to Luke.

Luke's Story - it was obvious (as we were starting with Farmboy Luke) this event was going to follow the events of ANH - which meant: Leia, FBLuke, Old Ben, STHan (it could have been raid Han in all fairness but the only chewie in the game at that point was CWChewie -so impossible he would be required). The only interesting and difficult toon was R2 (as he was a legendary toon in his own right).

Lets look at Thrawn - the panic farm created by making a full team (phoenix) farmabe at f2p only a few weeks before the event was completely bad form.

It seems with the Rey event we have toons that have been around for ages like the Luke event: Scavenger Rey and Finn. We also have the R2 legendary parallel toon: BB8. But we are also getting aspects of the Thrawn event in regard to the panic farm of VS Han & Chewie.

Rey's hero journey is not really speculation. It is obvious common sense what the requirements are.

Am I gonna drop loads of money for VS Han & Chewie - absolutely not. Like Thrawn - I'll get the new Rey next time.

But if CG starts announcing this stuff then their annual revenue takes a dive. They want people to panic buy etc. This is why Kozi is not allowed to post every detail that we all keep bugging her to do. Its not the she doesn't want to - she can't.

The only thing I take issue with is the logic of your last paragraph. Their revenue would not take a dive - in fact, it would probably increase - at least from the standpoint of many of the veteran players who are tired of spending on rumor, only to find out that there was no need, either because they moved the goal posts or the requirements weren't as difficult as we were lead to believe, etc. The issue here is that CG has burned enough people that, in general, most people hold on spending until news actually becomes official.

Whales are gonna whale - that's what they do. But they will whale whether there is actual information or just rumor. The problem, imho, is that CG/EA is shooting themselves in the foot, as they aren't getting money from people who either A) won't be able to make it anyway (especially if the requirement is 7* is a couple weeks) or B) won't spend until they have actul information.

They are trying to capture short term panic farm from newbs (which isn't easy to do anyway) versus long term (and possibly much larger) returns on good vibes and happy and informed players. They are basically trying to cash in quick on negativity (fear or frustration) versus building up positive equity (information and people spending because they WANT to - not because they feel like they have to). Frankly, I think it is a short-sighted business model. Does it make them money? Yes. Could they make more by betting on positive player/customer relations rather than betting on "panic" spending? I think most definitely - and EA wouldn't be winning awards for the "worst" company in the process.

When players are afraid they are being manipulated and taken advantage of in order for a company to make a quick buck, they aren't as willing to open their wallets again in the future to willing support said company. Myself as an example - I am a guppy. I spent between $50 and $100 the first year. This second year? 2017? $10. That's it. And that was on a the CHS pack to help my guild.

Much of it has to do with the feelings of mistrust these kinds of manipulative tactics have sewn in the veteran player base - and if CG/EA doesn't think that those veteran players are cautioning newer guild mates on how and on what to spend, they are going to be in for another rude awakening.

I am not trying to be an alarmist. I am just explaining how veteran players see this whole "panic farm to get OP character....that will be replaced by the next OP character" silliness CG/EA seems to be trying to set up this time around with Rey.

I say "seems to" as there is part of me that hopes that 7* vets won't be required for Rey's journey - or at least won't be required so soon that only whales will have her for 6 months. Occasionally when I have hoped that CG/EA would do the right thing, I have been pleasantly surprised. I only presume that is the "CG" influence on the "EA" portion of that equation.

I completely agree with you. I never said not informing the playerbase was the way to go.

In fact I have the complete opposite way of thinking. I hated how everyone was panic farming for Thrawn when his event first rolled around.

Obviously EA/CG feel secrecy and suspense that creates panic farming is the right course for them - I don't like it and agree with you that a better informed playerbase is likely to spend on something they know they need and want rather than speculation on something the may need.
  • Options
    I would love the event not to require the veteran smugglers because I have no intention of farming them. This game has come to the point where you have to choose yourself or your guild. You can't keep on helping both at the same pace. I myself will be helping out my guild and farming toons we need for platoons and farming dark side teams for Dark side TB.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Devs for small fix of this what you broke more than month ago by yourself. Finally i can press an image of a pilot and i dont have to wait 15 seconds to know how many shards i need to farm or i have. It was so annoying for more than month. Finally you fix what you broke.
  • Options
    Morning Holotable Heroes,
    Today's the day! Teams filing in and getting to work on today's Version Update. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status Post for further developments.

TLDR-
    tenor.gif?itemid=7269756

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Thank you for the updates. While we wait for the release, would you be able to share the information about the bundles and packs that are to be included in the release?

There's a surprise included in the Packs and Bundles post, so we'll be holding off until the update goes live. Hang in there!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    That's your choice, and you are right. I am still farming Captain Solo.

When they make VS Han & Chewie farmable from cantina nodes for this event it will be in such a short amount of time to actually get them to 7* anyways.

I am just continuing to farm captain solo for my guild.

But I know VS Han & Chewie are required. They were part of Rey's journey in TFA just as much as Old Ben, STHan, Leia or R2 were a part of Luke's in ANH.