Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i'm curious how many true f2p players will be able to unlock rey.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This increases the gap between top 100 and top 20. How will those players ever reach top 20 if they’re left out?

I have players on my shard the rose to the top despite not even having CLS. Their teams are very viable and that's because they followed the other guidelines that lead to a strong arena team (I.E Mods)
  • Obi_six_Kenobi
    370 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That’s the thing though, I have been farming them with 3-4 Refreshes a day As soon as they were available, I even bought them from shipments before that. That’s the thing that really makes me mad about this there was no possible way too farm even if you prepared. I did everything I possibly could have

It had absolutely nothing to do with playing smart
  • Options
    Battlefield 2 consumers spoke their minds.....

I will speak mine. EA will not get a PENNY from me.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    unesssss...at the end of the movie she goes to the dark side...
  • Options
    Kit will most likely be released with the update.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Chewie at 6*, Han Solo 5*.... Im not gonna get her.. All that work for nothing because of a lame farm place

There’s still time. I’ve both at around 30/85 and I’m gonna Go all out to get them until the last kick of the ball.

I’ve 4k crystals banked to give me a little help. After that I’ll leave it in the hands of the baby RNGesus.
  • Options
    Not a big surprise that EA would make Reys Journey a p2w event.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Now would be a good time to stop the wave of players and $$$ about to leave.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    use this to plan..
    swgoh.life/panic.html

lol, only need 19000 crystals and I can meet the requirements. yeah right
  • Shaolin_Fantastic_1
    642 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kazie wrote: »
    I really don't get why everyone would even care. Has no one paid attention with what happened to Battlefront 2?

This will continue to happen, as long as their metrics show that they are still making profit in choices like this. I am neither surprised, nor affected by this. I just wont be able to do the Heros journey for Rey, unlock her, or enjoy any of it. Big deal. It will come around again later.

Funny thing is, if everyone took this approach, and spent nothing on the game to support this, they would stop doing it. But as a community that just wont happen. Its silly that anyone expects something other whats been consistent around here since the beginning.

That was different they were trying to charge after people paid sixty bucks for the game of course that is bull. This game cost nothing to download or play how else are they to make money
  • Options
    Guys I am excited for this news as I hope to have enough to get her just before the release of Ep. IX
  • cmjstota106
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Chewie at 6*, Han Solo 5*.... Im not gonna get her.. All that work for nothing because of a lame farm place

There’s still time. I’ve both at around 30/85 and I’m gonna Go all out to get them until the last kick of the ball.

I’ve 4k crystals banked to give me a little help. After that I’ll leave it in the hands of the baby RNGesus.

I did 3 refreshes today and got a whole 6 shards.....6shards a day would take oh.....24more days just to 7star one and plenty more for the other....no chance even with 3 refreshes a day.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Cheer up guys. Rey Jedi In Training will be a complete piece of kitten.

Awww, who am I kidding. :/
  • Options
    Viggy wrote: »
    I'd dare to say that almost everyone who's placed in top 100 fleet and normal arena could easily have gotten their setup rdy if they really tried.

Ok so, when removing the whales occupying the top spots in those arenas, that leaves about 1% of the f2p users. Awesome.
  • Options
    If I were to have found a leak of her kit (not saying I have) would I get in trouble/removed if I posted it?
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

A ton of them
  • Options
    And this lasts a week, correct?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    It seems that this rey is the of Starkiller base and right after. The one on the way to find Luke Skywalker, her kit will not spoil TLJ...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    It's an impossible farm even if you started when they became farmable, unless you're in the top 3 in your arena. That's a tiny percentage of players. Most people wouldn't have a chance to have enough crystals to do five refreshes a day.

I finish top 10 and it was still an impossible farm starting from their cantina release. It probably would have been possible had I started when the Vets were released into the store for crystals. However I would have missed out on improving the experience of playing Territory Battles and Territory Wars and I likely would have also not been able to maintain a top-10 standing in arena.
  • Options
    I'm F2P and I guess the drop rate has been lucky for me. I started farming them as soon as they became available in cantina. Only need 48 more Han shards for both of them to be 7*s.
  • Options

True f2p here. I heard it’s rare that I finish 1 in arena if I want to. I’ll not be getting rey, because it didn’t make sense to me to farm the vets from shipments, because I thought it would be reasonable for them to be released at least a month before the event. Really disappointed here, and hope I don’t lose my spot in top arena.
  • Options

I am 100% f2p and I did 500 crystals a day on double drops and been doing 300 a day and some 500 since then. According to the panic calculator I need to avg 20 a day until end of event.

1/85 on han and 65/85 on chewie. I don't know if I can play anymore after this since I am not willing to wait 6 -12 months if she is anywhere close to cls
  • Options
    The rich get richer and the weak get weaker. :( sad
  • Options

True f2p here. I heard it’s rare that I finish 1 in arena if I want to. I’ll not be getting rey, because it didn’t make sense to me to farm the vets from shipments, because I thought it would be reasonable for them to be released at least a month before the event. Really disappointed here, and hope I don’t lose my spot in top arena.

you thought it would be reasonable? how on earth? this game needs to make money. how do they do that? by giving out content we can get faster by paying money. what on earth would make you think that rey would be an exception?`

that's just not reasonable.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Maybe a dumb question, but is the CLS hero event even going to be repeated? It's been a long time for some to have an inaccessible meta character (that is even used in a special LSTB node...).
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    KenLi wrote: »
    I'm F2P and I guess the drop rate has been lucky for me. I started farming them as soon as they became available in cantina. Only need 48 more Han shards for both of them to be 7*s.

I call fake news on this. I did the exact same thing as you did, even emptied my hoard of crystals during the double drops, and still well short (VS Han 1/85, VS Chewie 12/65). And I've done the refreshes on them since they were released.
  • Options
    R2D2 was Empire; something that has been in the game forever.

Thrawn was Phoenix, which were technically premium characters, but you at least could have had high level Phoenix but doing well in tournaments and playing the game during the Phoenix Events.

Bb8 was first order, also something that’s been in the game.

CLS was old characters, also been in the game.

This time? Two premium characters, BOTH cantina, both added to the game two weeks ago.

At this pace, the next legendary character will only be unlocked by having characters that are only available in chromium packs and/or the store.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    1st HAAT solo with CLS and Rey on 12/15/2017. Don’t miss it!