When cls event come? [MERGED]

Replies

• Zoj
    46 posts Member
    Options
    JalenVane wrote: »
    They already said that site isnt own by them... so that will be speculation until CG says so

You are correct. That's why I used the word "estimated" three times. And once in the title.
  • Options
    They also said hero's journey is more rare than the legendaries so I wouldn't hold your breath
  • Options
    Seriously? No CLS Event? You'd think he would've dropped prior to the upcoming TW since he is needed to participate in several areas. As far as arena goes, they might as well put a restriction on who can play that too - no CLS, no play. Smells like another Battlefront II revolt in the making...

CLS isn't needed in the TW. He is very useful, but not a specifically required character anywhere.

Correction: TB
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    That site is kinda silly.

https://swgohevents.com/event/luke-skywalker-heros-journey
    We moved the CLS date back. Originally when the CLS event was set for Dec 5th, we were thinking of the earliest possible time that we thought CLS could possibly return by. This way, everyone would be ready for CLS. The original estimated date for CLS wasn't until January and we didn't want to be the reason that people weren't prepared. Now that we are getting closer, we pushed it back. There is still a good chance that the event won't return until our original estimate, January.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Seriously? No CLS Event? You'd think he would've dropped prior to the upcoming TW since he is needed to participate in several areas. As far as arena goes, they might as well put a restriction on who can play that too - no CLS, no play. Smells like another Battlefront II revolt in the making...

CLS isn't needed in the TW. He is very useful, but not a specifically required character anywhere.

Um...hes a hero character for extra currency/leia shards
  • Options
    farqs wrote: »
    ‘Soon’ isn’t good enough. Won’t spend another cent until we are told when CLS is coming back. Seriously miffed at the lack of respect to the community.

Preach!!!
  • Options
    Fittro wrote: »

Um...hes a hero character for extra currency/leia shards

They said territory war... not battle. Yea they should’ve named it something different.

• Options
    Bottom line here, IMO, is that EA made Luke a game changer, but it required characters that were hard to farm in the short amount of time needed, at least for F2P players. Enough time has elapsed now that most F2P players should have the required characters to get CLS. EA need to stop penalising F2P gamers here. They already mucked things up with Battlefront 2 and got their bottoms handed to them. Even a cheeky 24 hour CLS would be enough for most of the desperate gamers who are chomping at the bit.
  • Options
    Don't create a needed and very powerful character and hide that character behind the whims of the devs. We have had an R2D2 event and what two Thrawn events since CLS. Just release him so that people that worked hard to farm the characters can enjoy unlocking him. Plus, having CLS will allow me to help my guild even more in TW and TB
  • Options
    There appears to be an ongoing bug with the gameplay as CLS has not been re-released yet.

Please release the CLS event.
  • Options
    the worst it isn't that not released cls event the worst is that dont tell when will be released i was a p2p but with this tactics from cg and ea i will be a f2p im not child to tell every day plzzz released cls event

• Options
    So everybody who thinks CLS is going to change their game is, sadly, wrong. At this point all CLS will do is move you a few spots in the arena and get you access to TB missions. Maybe a few extra points in raids, but with everybody else in your guild getting him the raid points will become less accessible, not more.

The whales and lucky (also organized) F2P players that got him benefited greatly, enough so that they’ll get the new Rey with little effort, and if you think that she won’t be as gamebreaking as CLS was at first, you’re fooling yourselves. They’ll surely release CLS to the masses AFTER the Rey event because they don’t want a level playing field, the whales and dolphins need an advantage to justify their spending. If you pay extra for for the early access to Disneyland then show up and they’ve decided to allow everyone in at the same time but not refund your extra cost, you’d be upset. But if they gave you an unlimited fast pass for the day, then your a little better off. That’s what those of us without cls have been, and what we will be with new Rey, standing in line watching all the big spenders and lucky few getting to have more fun for more time while we grind it out in line.

Why are the rey requirements going to be harder than CLS? Because too many people got the CLS advantage for free. Your consolation CLS is like the free popcorn they hand out when lines get over three hours long...
  • Options
    weldon08 wrote: »
    So everybody who thinks CLS is going to change their game is, sadly, wrong. At this point all CLS will do is move you a few spots in the arena and get you access to TB missions. Maybe a few extra points in raids, but with everybody else in your guild getting him the raid points will become less accessible, not more.

The whales and lucky (also organized) F2P players that got him benefited greatly, enough so that they’ll get the new Rey with little effort, and if you think that she won’t be as gamebreaking as CLS was at first, you’re fooling yourselves. They’ll surely release CLS to the masses AFTER the Rey event because they don’t want a level playing field, the whales and dolphins need an advantage to justify their spending. If you pay extra for for the early access to Disneyland then show up and they’ve decided to allow everyone in at the same time but not refund your extra cost, you’d be upset. But if they gave you an unlimited fast pass for the day, then your a little better off. That’s what those of us without cls have been, and what we will be with new Rey, standing in line watching all the big spenders and lucky few getting to have more fun for more time while we grind it out in line.

Why are the rey requirements going to be harder than CLS? Because too many people got the CLS advantage for free. Your consolation CLS is like the free popcorn they hand out when lines get over three hours long...

EA would never give free popcorn though. If anything they'd give you the box to put some in, but youll need to pay a little something to fill it.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I´ve read many comments so far about CLS not being required or needed right now to be successful in this game and I must say, i highly disagree. First of all arena, jeah, you can beat it and stay compeditive BUT you have to work around it. Without my Rex I wouldn´t be able to do this, and 4 weeks ago i thought, should i dump my recources into Rex?...ah ok, to gear 9 then...2 weeks later, CLS not coming, ok Rex gear 10....Gear 11, gear 12 s.o. & s.f., and even then you just scrape through. You have to spend rare recources in unneccessary places to be good against him, after CLS I´ll not have much use for Rex and this is faaaar worse in the rest of the gamemodes.

My guild is currently working to get the haat done, why should I tell my guild to farm a total of five 7* Jedi´s for Phase 1, when CLS can do the trick, even in Phase 3 he is good too. Why should I tell them to farm Teebo´s or Jyn´s or TFP´s for Rancor, when CLS can solo it? So they don´t do anything and I unterstand it. Since 2 Months we are waiting and hoarding for CLS, because the pure knowledge that....he sit´s there hiding, the fact that he succeeds on Nr.1 in so many modes, makes everything else just not worth it anymore. A waste! So it´s absolutly holding back player- and guildprogression, passivly. You CAN do it without him, but it´s simply not worth it. That´s almost the same as „required“.

All my Gear-slots are green since 1 month. It´s fine to not get him the first time, it´s fine to wait 4 month´s again, it´s even fine if you have to spend some money if you want to have him first time, but in particular this case, when you introduce a charakter that has SUCH a strong impact on the whole game, you better make him accessible more earlier than later. Especially if you want to have more the „huge happy playerbase“ than „a small specific happy playerbase“ Now we have reached the 4 month mark and I´m still not able to sit back, relax and say „Ahh ok, they have atleast announced it“. So we sit, without any anticipation to spend any recources or gearpieses. I´m pretty shure what the goal is: Supposedly Luke comes after the Rey-Event, cause, whom has Luke doesn´t need Rey that much, and so the anticipation to spend for Rey drops maybe...it´s making me sad...however, man, Luke, it´s really time to come back! (if not that, than SURE an announcment). At least, in my optinion it´s absolutly appropriate to ask about that.
    Post edited by Leparine on
  • Options
    So everybody who thinks CLS is going to change their game is, sadly, wrong
    Half of my guild make auto solo rancor thanks to CLS. Those who don't have him gets worse raid rewards, lose time on manual fight or have to farm gear for full setup on 5 guys. I won't event start with arena or TW.
  • Options
    In Dec Calendar the Devs updated the BB8 event schedule. 8th-16th. ALSO: There is a "recurring event" slot with no dates! Is that CLS?
  • Options
    I´ve read many comments so far about CLS not being required or needed right now to be successful in this game and I must say, i highly disagree. First of all Arena, jeah you can beat it and stay compeditive BUT you have to work around it. Without my Rex I wouldn´t be able to do this, and 4 weeks ago i thought, should i dump my recources into Rex?...ah ok to gear 9 then...2 weeks later, CLS not coming, ok Rex gear 10....Gear 11 s.o. & s.f., and even then you just scrape through. You have to spend rare recources in unneccessary places to be good against him, after CLS i´ll not have much use for Rex and this is faaaar worse in the rest of the gamemodes.

My Guild is currently working to get the Haat done, why should I tell my Guild to farm a total of five 7* Jedi´s for Phase 1, when CLS can do the trick, even in Phase 3 he is good too. Why should I tell them to farm Teebo´s or Jyn´s or TFP´s for Rancor, when CLS can solo it? They don´t do it and I understand it. Since 2 Months we are waiting and hoarding for CLS, because the pure knowledge that he sit´s there hiding, the fact that he succeeds on Nr.1 in so many modes, makes everything else just not worth it anymore. A waste! So it´s absolutly holding back player- and guildprogression, passivly. You CAN do it without him, but it´s simply not worth it. That´s almost the same as „required“.

All my Gear-slots are green since 1 month. It´s fine to not get him the first time, it´s fine to wait 4 month´s again, it´s even fine if you have to spend some money if you want to have him first time, but in this case, when you introduce a charakter that has SUCH a strong impact on the whole game, you better make him accessible more earlier than later. Especially if you want to have more the „huge happy playerbase“ than „a small specific happy playerbase“ Now we have reached the 4 month mark and I´m still not able to sit back, relax and say „Ok, they have atleast announced it“. So we sit, without any anticipation to spend any recources. I´m pretty shure what the goal is: supposedly Luke comes after Rey, cause, whom has Luke maybe doesn´t need Rey that much, and that´d be not good businesswise...it´s making me sad...however, man, Luke, it´s really time to come back! (if not that, than SURE an announcment). At least, in my opinion it´s absolutley appropriate to ask about that.
  • Leparine
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In Dec Calendar the Devs updated the BB8 event schedule. 8th-16th. ALSO: There is a "recurring event" slot with no dates! Is that CLS?

Wow, it´s strangely sorted between Pieces and Plans and the Assault Battle: Ground War....if that´s the case and Luke comes before Rey, I´d take back all I said about "Rey" and "Business" :)

• Options
    There are two "recurring event" slots though. One of them starts 8-9 another one 22-23. I hope its not r2 first :)
  • Options
    I am the last person that would want to burst this bubble but let's be realistic guys. It's probably a credit heist or some other lame event.
  • Options
    I am the last person that would want to burst this bubble but let's be realistic guys. It's probably a credit heist or some other lame event.

Dont think that qualifies as "recurring event"
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Post edited by farqs on
  • Options
    Yep. I know that i wont get bb8 nor the new rey, like many other people. So just bring back CLS...
  • Options
    Leparine wrote: »
    I´ve read many comments so far about CLS not being required or needed right now to be successful in this game and I must say, i highly disagree.

My guild is currently working to get the haat done, why should I tell my guild to farm a total of five 7* Jedi´s for Phase 1, when CLS can do the trick, even in Phase 3 he is good too. Why should I tell them to farm Teebo´s or Jyn´s or TFP´s for Rancor, when CLS can solo it? So they don´t do anything and I unterstand it. Since 2 Months we are waiting and hoarding for CLS, because the pure knowledge that....he sit´s there hiding, the fact that he succeeds on Nr.1 in so many modes, makes everything else just not worth it anymore. A waste! So it´s absolutly holding back player- and guildprogression, passivly. You CAN do it without him, but it´s simply not worth it. That´s almost the same as „required“.

AMEN dude, preach!!!
  • Options
    I know we have Rey journey but are we skipping Luke's this month? Thought he was due?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody ever had any idea when he was coming back, just speculation. There was no due date.

When he does come back, you will probably get about as much notice as you just got for BB8's return, so there's still no way of knowing whether he's coming this month or not.
  • Options
    Thx.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Also, the first possible return is believed to be right after Rey's Journey, simply because there's a blank "Recurring Event" listed there on the event calendar.
  • Options
    I'm guessing either 12/21 or August.
    Kozi said "soon"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    It was a one time event. As is rey