Holiday gaming deals -

Prev13456712
ToughSituation
33 posts Member
edited December 2017
DEV RESPONSE:
Hiya,

We recognize that some players in the community have expressed frustration with the messaging related to offers regarding the Star Wars games collection. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our messaging in the future.

As a courtesy, we will present every player with 2 million additional credits in tomorrow’s Game Update. This represents an increase in credits of more than 25% over the amount included in the three offered promotional packs.

We hear you, we’ll always look to do better, and we’ll continue to grow, expand and improve this game with the support of this community.

Have a happy holiday and we’ll see you on the Holotables!

Kozi

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
This is just ridiculous. First you fail to communicate for a few days while it could've taken you a phone call to take care of, then you push a hotfix claiming that the previously added content was actually THAT holiday deal - which is a LIE - cause if that was the case, you would've answered us on a day one and now, you're closing threads when things don't go your way.
We're mostly adults here. Huge Star Wars fans. What you are doing is treating us like little kids (I'm trying to be polite here) and lying to cover your mistakes. The level of disrespect is beyond my comprehension.
I've spent few hundred bucks on this game, just because I love the franchise and the game itself. I've never complained about your mistakes - I know things happen.
But what I can't stnd is you, treating us this way.
Won't spend a dime on this game ever again.
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• Anakin1125
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Could anyone post a picture of this? Just got it in game but clicked off of it too fast. It has something to do with packs for Rey’s Journey.

@CG_Kozispoon here!
    HOOKAY.

We temporarily ran a pop-up that was promoting bundles which are already in the store. We apologize this caused confusion and immediately pulled the pop-up down. The contents of the bundles are not changing at this time. We are revising the messaging to make this clear before it goes live again.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Options
    Probably going to be in the update, not live yet.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I believe it just allows you to buy the pack twice not sure though.
  • Options
    I actually thought by double value it meant that you get 50 shards of both characters...
  • Options
    Makes sense that they advertise a pack that doubles the original value for free.
  • Options
    2yvuh4k.jpg
  • Options
    I'm thinking that might be more accurate Steve.
  • Options
    all of these packs are in store for quite some time, its just an ad for them
  • Options
    I actually thought by double value it meant that you get 50 shards of both characters...

But having it written across all 3 of the bundles? Makes me feel like it means double the value for a limited time. Could be though, we won't know until its actually live in game. I hope for CG's sake it's not what I initially think it is lol. Could get messy real quick....
  • Options
    Double the value would be good . I'd be nearly done with chewie (51 )and Han would be done with 3 extra shards just waiting for payday . Been farming like a madman . Can't wait til I can go back to being a free to play player again .
  • Options
    Popcorn on standby...
  • Options
    It won’t go live until the update. By then we will have update notes. I’m a noob and I know that.
  • Options
    Honestly, they may change what's in the packs if they didn't sell as well as they were hoping.
  • Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    Double the value would be good . I'd be nearly done with chewie (51 )and Han would be done with 3 extra shards just waiting for payday . Been farming like a madman . Can't wait til I can go back to being a free to play player again .

My chewie drop rate has been close to 1/12 it's hard out here
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    I got the popup and checked the store, but no 2x value available. Looking to post a complaint to the BBB for false advertising now.

My God really??

Of course. They gave me an advertisement, so I went to get the 2x value, but the packs are the same. Kind of the definition, but how many people will they fool with this? How many people didn't look at the bundles yesterday to know what's in them, and will buy thinking "oh snap! this is awesome!".
  • Options
    I’d buy the $30 in a heartbeat if it’s indeed 2x! Come on CG, make it happen!!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Riegorn wrote: »
    all of these packs are in store for quite some time, its just an ad for them

This. Also, I find it amusing that they call a $30 pack a "value". The Starck pack (like the CHS pack before) is $10 for 40 shards. 50 shards of 2 characters for 3 times as much is actually a considerably worse value. So the veterans pack is actually the opposite of a "2x Value". But whatever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Just saw the banner.

Maybe it's just poorly worded/displayed.

We'll find out later (unless @CG_Kozispoon or another Dev wants to clarify this)

But it definitely LOOKS like they are upping the shards. So instead of 50 each of the Vets it looks like they are giving 100 each.

Plus, instead of giving 25 each of the new FO it appears it is getting bumped to 50 each.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    So if I bought the veteran pack 3 days ago, I'm just out of luck, and everyone who held off gets the benefit?
  • Options
    If they up the contents then get ready for a lot of issues from people that already bought the packs!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    If they up the contents then get ready for a lot of issues from people that already bought the packs!

Thats why I'm going with poorly worded.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Let's say it does play out that way, that instead of 50 each you get 100 each. That would royally kitten of everyone who already bought it. And if you planned on getting JITR this first time around you most certainly bought it.

I did, last week.

But the devs could rectify this by simply giving those of us who already bought it those extra 50/50 shards.

Granted, I already spent a ton of time getting VHan to 96/100, so that sux, but Chewis is 50/100.

I wouldn't be mad at it.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I bet that graphic was a mistake some graphic artist messed up and will be scolded about. I feel a retraction coming...
  • Options
    And to think i just seven starred them both this morning..10k in crystals plus the pack
  • Options
    Allowing 2 purchases is 100 percent more likely than upping pack contents last minute. Just wanted to ask if anyone seen the picture not start another hate thread!
  • Options
    Interesting
  • Options
    I wonder if this is them course correcting since so many seem to be blowing this event off. I'd actually buy the pack (and unlock her) if they doubled it, but they need to give a refund to those who bought the original one.
  • Options
    I 7 starred both my vets. I'd be irritated but glad for those who need it to get it
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If they actually double the rewards from veteran packs, expect a kitten storm to hit them. A lot of people (myself included) bought that pack, and on top of that spent a lot of crystals on shards to get them in time. And 100 shards compensation that'd turn into shard shop currency is not nearly enough for the crystals spent.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    So in the shipments shards are 80 Crystals each.

50x of one character is 4,000 crystals.

$30 is 4,140 crystals.

So for $30, you’re getting 8,000 crystals worth of shards for the price of 4,000.

2x value